I am worried she wont make it to the top 32 by the end of the year and she wont be seeded in the GS again (if she plays next year, but I am confident she wants to finish her career in Spain)...
She should STOP playing indoor tournaments in Europe!!!
But she still had a close match with Petrova (10 years her junior)...
If she plays next year, she must PLEASE play a tournament in the first week of January and gain some points, and then she could be seeded for the Aussie Open.
I want her to play next year!!!
Oct 20th, 2005, 08:11 AM
I also thought of another perfect tailor-made schedule for her next year:
1. Auckland (win the tournament and be seeded for Aussie open for sure)
2. Aussie Open
5. Indian Wells
(Skip Miami; she did badly there)
6. Amelia Island
11. French Open (win it please)
(She normally did worse in Wimbledon, if she played in Eastbourne)
13. Take a 1-month break
16. US Open
19. Bangkok (win it, and then retire in singles)
20. Zurich, Linz, Madrid (doubles only)
21. Bring some fireworks and cakes and organize a farewell party for her.
22. Win the Gold medal of doubles in Olympics 2008.
23. Come back to play doubles in Olympics 2012 with ASV...
Oct 20th, 2005, 12:06 PM
jajajajajja no sé yo eso d jugar en 2012 cn ASV...
No esta mal ese calendario propuesto, pero no nos olvidemos de San Diego, y yo tb añadirí Sidney pa llegar al Aus open lo más rodada posible, donde no creo q tenga muxas ganas de ir es a Varsovia, xq nunca va
Oct 20th, 2005, 03:38 PM
these are my thoughts for 2006 (hoping she isn't retiring in 2005)
1. Auckland > I doubt she will bother
2. Aussie Open > ditto, but since it is a GS... it could be her last aussie open
3. India > I think she will try to defend her title
4. Dubai > she might play
5. Indian Wells > she will play
Skip Miami > agree
6. Amelia Island > will play
7. Charleston > will play
8. Warsaw > won't bother
9. Berlin > will play
10. Rome > will play
11. French Open > will play
12. Wimebledon > will play and then she might call it a career
If she does not retire:
14. San Diego > she would play it, of course!
15 Los Angeles & Toronto > depends on the ranking, but I think she would play
16. US Open > she would play it and then retire.
However she might qualify for the Doubles YEC and quit in Madrid
Win the Gold medal of doubles in Olympics 2008 > only in your wildest dreams ;)
Come back to play doubles in Olympics 2012 with ASV > LOL
Oct 20th, 2005, 04:52 PM
she never won a title in india :devil:
Oct 20th, 2005, 04:56 PM
she never won a title in india :devil:
lol true :lol:
Oct 21st, 2005, 05:55 AM
You know all those players play in Asia last month and pick up lots of points, and Martinez did not play (but she doesnt care about rankings), but she still needs a good ranking to be seeded for GS.
I hope she could beat Davenport 1 last time in the French next year, and beat Patty Schnyder somewhere else...
She must qualify for doubles and finish her career in Spain.
She wont play Olympics anymore of course; I was only joking.
She must also break ASV's singles win records!!
Please play for 1 more year, Conchita!!!
Oct 21st, 2005, 10:18 PM
Bueno, como no sé donde ponerlo, lo pongo aquí pero es que nunca he visto a Conchita con un look tan extraordinario como este, en abrigo largo retro, unos jeans y un jersey finito lo más casual del mundo a la par que fashion y cool :hearts:
BTW gracias a quien haya puesto la fotillo en los GM, no me acuerdo si gabrielle, badebua o algún concha fan de estos que tenemos por el foro...
Oct 21st, 2005, 10:21 PM
Si, ahí está divina (aunque el abrigo es pelin oversized) pero en la foto q sale junto a Vivi y Anabel... :tape:
Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:04 AM
Es qe Black, la pobre... de donde no hay no se puede sacar
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:32 AM
I dont understand Spanish so if anyone sees me posting messages here please reply in English!!
Yes, I know she wont play in Warsaw / Auckland, so I thought about her new schedule during my sleep last night...
1. Golden Coast (she was runner-up in 2000)
2. Aussie Open (finally win a match since 2002 please)
3. Pattaya City (defend her title)
5. Doha (if she is still okay physically)
6. Indian Wells
7. Miami (perhaps she will play, because next year is her last year for sure)
8. Amelia Island
12. Paris (beat Davenport here please)
(She wont just retire mid-way through the year)
14. San Diego
15. Los Angeles
17. US Open
19. Bangkok (I have a feeling that she likes to play in Thailand)
20. Madrid (doubles only).
By the way, is there any news that if Pascual will play with Suraez again in doubles next year? Who will be the new doubles partner of Conchita?
Will she play next year???? Any decisions made???
I would also like to know if anyone could post some of her old photos (way back in 1988). I wonder how she looked like that time (I only started to watch her play in 1993).
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Now with Farina and Molik not playing next year, if Conchita is ranked No. 34 by the end (and I think she will with her win yesterday) of the year, she will be seeded for Aussie Open.
If she beat Hantuchova, she will be ranked inside Top 30!!