PDA

View Full Version : Being a Lena D fan has . . .

miffedmax
Oct 19th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Oh, the stress and travails of following our beloved Elena "7-6 in the third is my favorite score" Dementieva. It is definitely hazardous to one's health. Which, if any, of the following has afflicted you during Elena's matches?

Dementinator
Oct 19th, 2005, 07:24 PM
buts she rocks doesnt she!

miffedmax
Oct 19th, 2005, 07:35 PM
She's more addictive than crack.

evinrude15
Oct 19th, 2005, 08:47 PM

exactly why I thinking of ;)

Dementinator
Oct 19th, 2005, 08:55 PM
and causes more damage too!

cerbero
Oct 19th, 2005, 09:02 PM
:eek: I've never tried crack and the same for Lena D :lol:

marmite1
Oct 19th, 2005, 09:08 PM
:eek: I've never tried crack and the same for Lena D :lol:

I wouldnt mind either though :lol: :tape:

cerbero
Oct 19th, 2005, 09:21 PM
I wouldnt mind either though :lol: :tape:
Try crack (easier to get) and you might get LenaD... :haha:

miffedmax
Oct 19th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Try crack (easier to get) and you might get LenaD... :haha:

Or think you did. Or maybe that would be LSD . . .

giocab
Oct 19th, 2005, 10:58 PM
5 out of 10, is that good? or i'm completely insane?? anyway, i wouldn't choose any other way, she's the bestest!!!

No Name Face
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:00 AM
DEFINITELY the nervous tick before serving. Whenever I have a bad serving day I definitely start throwing in consecutive double faults a la Dementieva

@m@nd@
Oct 20th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Being a Lena D fan has caused me to . . .
-suffer from nausea and sweaty extremities during matches
-develop a nervous tick (especially when serving--you or her)
-put your nose up to TV screen and scream "Are you trying to kill me?"

Dementirilenko
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I am always getting nervous when she's serving, especially during a third - set tiebreaker.

Paco
Oct 20th, 2005, 04:05 PM
I am always getting nervous when she's serving, especially during a third - set tiebreaker.
Yeah, it's true

JC Federer
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Oh, the stress and travails of following our beloved Elena "7-6 in the third is my favorite score" Dementieva. It is definitely hazardous to one's health. Which, if any, of the following has afflicted you during Elena's matches?

For me, it's very difficult to watch her matches. Especially in a 3rd set. I prefer to watch taped matches where I already know the result.

She's had some miraculous wins, 7-6 in the 3rd. But she's also had some tough losses too... 7-5 in the third 3 times this year in slams. Also last year at Wimbledon, same result.

You win some, you lose some.

But I tend to get sweaty palms watching her. I woke up real early to check on my downloads, and saw the score, then went back to bed... found I couldn't sleep (that was the Capriati USO 04 match -- and you haven't seen the Fed Cup doubles final yet...). Couldn't watch, yet couldn't get my mind off it. Then I start sweating. Even when I don't have TV coverage and I can only see live scores... I find that for the duration of the match, until I know the outcome, I can't do any work, or get my mind off it. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a tennis fan at all.

ARGH Lena.. the things you put me through... :tape:

Mathijs
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:08 PM
It indeed has caused me a nervous tick especially when i am serving, it's really strange but if i began to think of Lena, i just can't get a ball in!

Also i am soaking in my sweat whenever Lena plays a thriller of a match on a GS, well in the beginning i was as well pretty nervous when Lena served, but i am pretty used to it, and more relaxed now, course it is sometimes annoying but i have found a way to deal with the feeling ;).

Lena put my thru a lot things as well, but all for a good reason!

Paco
Oct 23rd, 2005, 05:03 PM
It indeed has caused me a nervous tick especially when i am serving, it's really strange but if i began to think of Lena, i just can't get a ball in!
It's similar to me, but last time I had an amazing serve, and won match with my friend :)

TiK-Tee
Oct 23rd, 2005, 05:09 PM
nervous all time during her match

P.L.B.
Oct 23rd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Yes it is true, but this is what makes it exciting. Sometimes when I have been away and then watch a match that has been recorded (and I already know the score) it is almost boring.

lovlenad
Oct 23rd, 2005, 05:18 PM
so despressed for days when she lost a winable match. :o just like the day before yesterday's lose :mad: :mad:

I wanna kill her then suicide :o :o

Alenyaa
Oct 25th, 2005, 11:17 AM
The last three for me! :lol:

Corswandt
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:47 PM

Post of da day.

Corswandt
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:55 PM
I suffer from all of these:

develop a nervous tick (especially when serving--you or her)

I notice my legs nervously contract whenever she throws the ball up. "Dammnit, she's throwing it sideways again."

pray to the deity of your choice, asking to become a Kim or Serena fan

I don't go to the extent of praying, but I do indeed ask myself if I wasn't better off if I had become a Clijsters fan. But then I realize I'm in it for the suffering (very Catholic). I was a colossal Novotna fan back in the day, and did I suffer in those three Wimbledon finals.

offer limb or important organ in return for Lena please not DFing a key point

About 500 times.

put your nose up to TV screen and scream "Are you trying to kill me you glorious blonde bitch!!!"

I'm not that articulate. I just go "AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!"

LCS
Nov 2nd, 2005, 03:21 PM
Oh I get all sweaty. However now i'm more relaxed and I only get sad when she loses the match because I know that even if she's match point down she can still win it.....I only get upset when her forehand isn't accurate because I know the damage it can make when it's on!