PDA

View Full Version : Zurich Open

SloKid
Oct 15th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Well the draw came out and it is quite tough for Lena. After a 1st round bye she plays either Sveta or Nathalie and possibly Nastya in the third round. And she could face the likes of Lindsay, Francesca, Daniela or Nadia in the semis.

This is her part of the draw:
Elena Dementieva (RUS) (4) vs Bye
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs Nathalie Dechy (FRA)
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS) vs Silvia Farina-Elia (ITA)
Vera Zvonareva (RUS) vs Anastasia Myskina (RUS) (7)

Dementieva-fan
Oct 15th, 2005, 01:51 PM
But didn't she beat them all once (or more)??? :)

SloKid
Oct 15th, 2005, 01:53 PM
But didn't she beat them all once (or more)??? :)
Yes she has, but on a bad day she can lose to them all so...
Let`s just be careful with our predictions, but still be optimistic about next week. :D

Dementieva-fan
Oct 15th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Yes she has, but on a bad day she can lose to them all so...
Let`s just be careful with our predictions, but still be optimistic about next week. :D
Keep the spirit alive!! ;)

Dementirilenko
Oct 15th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Guyz...no matter what her draw looks like, Lena will qualy for the Masters...She will make it at Zürich, I am sure. no matter whom she is facing.

amateurismisokay
Oct 15th, 2005, 02:07 PM
but she needs to win this to secure a spot in wta championship, right? or she already there? btw, how many tournament left she'll take part of until the championships?

SloKid
Oct 15th, 2005, 02:09 PM
This is her last one before the YEC.

Dementirilenko
Oct 15th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Ohh, than she needs to get a good result there....

Mathijs
Oct 15th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Tough draw, but i really hope Lena shows her recent form, she's able to crash them all, i don't see so much probs, only the bye could cause some troubles hehehe :lol:

Go Lena, show them what you are worth!!! :bigclap: :worship:

Udachi & Davai Lena :yeah: :bounce: :worship:

parn2257
Oct 15th, 2005, 04:24 PM
well she is the best, she can do it!!

JC Federer
Oct 15th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Well... that is tough.

Judging by recent form, it's likely she will score some big early wins, but an upset after that isn't out of the question.

It will depend on the field also. Kremlin seemed like the perfect place to win a T1, with so many other upsets. It looked like destiny. :sad:

Dementinator
Oct 15th, 2005, 04:55 PM
thats why JCF ,when Lena does win ,she wil beat the very best ,not the second best ,no one is gonna be able to say she had easy oppos or draw ,I truly believe that Lena will win big when it seems hopeless ,she plays her best then and I want her to beat the best to be the best..

Had she go to final and say met Dinara ,no disrespect to her, eevryone would say "of course she won ,nobody left!" etc dont want that...Lena does it the hard way ,she always does sand always will ,shes good enough to.

JC Federer
Oct 15th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Where did you get this Zurich draw from? I'd like to see the other quarters. I remember Molik fluked a win here. Speaking of which, last year was the perfect opportunity to win this title too (with a very shallow field), she made it as far as the SF. Oh well... better luck this year.

Nikki-B
Oct 15th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Good luck Lena, you can do it! :yeah:

SloKid
Oct 15th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Where did you get this Zurich draw from?

Here it is:
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=198871

Paco
Oct 15th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Good luck Lena. Do your best.

evinrude15
Oct 15th, 2005, 09:56 PM
well well, she can do it we know elena, even if sometime she make some little surprise for her fan like today ;) But I'm allready quite happy from this year, fed cup lady ;) in the final, had a good year, unlike some other great russian who make more better in 2004 and who have a lot of difficulty in 2005, she is the only one ( masha...russian...other subjet not have to discuss here ;) ) who do a little the same than last year, still in the top 10 and she saw us great great thing, so I allready waiting for 2006 :) :) but this is not the end of the season yet and if unfortunatly she is not in L.A. well she will have more holyday time, and is quite good for have some rest for the next year ;)

BUT she can do it in zurich and i'm sure that she want to do it ;) it's our Elena " i don't like to give up" or " died but win this point" ;)

Veritas
Oct 16th, 2005, 03:36 AM
I'm not going to make any predictions this time round. Lena played so well at Filderstadt and Moscow, but then posted some pretty terrible losses. Really unpredictable :tape:

kammgretel
Oct 16th, 2005, 06:19 AM
TV Guide

http://www.zurichopen.net/index.php?SID=322d6c6b100bf85eb69c35d38776afe7&pn=tv

:eek: Eurosport 1st 2nd QF SF F....

http://www.zurichopen.net/media/layout/header/header_02.gif (http://www.zurichopen.net)

Dementirilenko
Oct 16th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Yep, Eurosport shows the whole tourney live. Every day at 15.30 as far as I know.

SloKid
Oct 16th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Here is the doubles md; Lena pairing up with Flavia again:
1-Raymond/Stosur vs Peschke/Schiavone
Q- vs Birnerova/Vanc
4-Kuznetsova/Molik vs Hantuchova/Sugiyama
Benesova/Pastikova vs Dementieva/Pennetta

Likhovtseva/Zvonareva vs Asagoe/Srebotnik
Medina Garrigues/Vinci vs 3-Martinez/Ruano Pascual
Schnyder/Morariu vs WC-Karatancheva/Razzano
Daniilidou/Russell vs 2-Black/Stubbs

Qualifying:
1-Craybas/Uhlirova vs Szavay/Woehr
WC-Boffa/Martinovic vs 2-Jans/Rosolska

Mathijs
Oct 16th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Here is the doubles md; Lena pairing up with Flavia again:
1-Raymond/Stosur vs Peschke/Schiavone
Q- vs Birnerova/Vanc
4-Kuznetsova/Molik vs Hantuchova/Sugiyama
Benesova/Pastikova vs Dementieva/Pennetta

Likhovtseva/Zvonareva vs Asagoe/Srebotnik
Medina Garrigues/Vinci vs 3-Martinez/Ruano Pascual
Schnyder/Morariu vs WC-Karatancheva/Razzano
Daniilidou/Russell vs 2-Black/Stubbs

Qualifying:
1-Craybas/Uhlirova vs Szavay/Woehr
WC-Boffa/Martinovic vs 2-Jans/Rosolska

oh shit, again Lena vs Iveta in doubles, hell i dunno who to root for since i want both in the next round :(

Could be a very interesting match :D, hope on a good one as well :yeah:

SloKid
Oct 18th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Lena and Flavia have defeated Iveta and Michaela 7:5 6:2

evinrude15
Oct 18th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Lena play against Dechy in court 1 not before 17h so hope we will see her in eurosport

Mathijs
Oct 18th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Good win for Lena/Flavia :yeah:

I am glad that i can see Lena's match live, but watching today i just couldn't get my eyes accustomed to the new surface, it's too light imo, sometimes u just can't see if the ball goes out or in....
Maybees it was better to keep it green, but let's give it a chance, maybe my eyes can get used to it, and i hope this surface doesn't bother Lena as well too much!

Dementirilenko
Oct 19th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Good win for Lena/Flavia :yeah:

I am glad that i can see Lena's match live, but watching today i just couldn't get my eyes accustomed to the new surface, it's too light imo, sometimes u just can't see if the ball goes out or in....
Maybees it was better to keep it green, but let's give it a chance, maybe my eyes can get used to it, and i hope this surface doesn't bother Lena as well too much!

Yeah, you're right Northa, the new surface is terrible. I think we are not the only ones who are angry about that. I think they will change it for next year's tournament..They MUST change it!

@m@nd@
Oct 19th, 2005, 09:50 AM
good luck, elena. try ur best, u can do it :)

Mathijs
Oct 19th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Lena did it, she reached the QF with a win over Nat. Dechy 5-7 6-2 6-4.....

pretty tough match, Lena was leading in the 3rd set with 3-0, dunno what the hell went wrong but surely she hit too many UE's (47) in the match, serve was okay, but she served bad again at times that she had to win the points, hope she only will continue to improve that :D

Good luck now in the QF Lena, you can do it, just get to the finals this time! c'mon!! :yeah:

SloKid
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:11 AM
A win is a win is a win.
Bring on Nastya next.

Dementirilenko
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Congrats Lena vor beating Dechy!!! Next up is Nastya, I hope Lena can play then as good as she did at Moscow.

Paco
Oct 20th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Well done Lena.
And well done Lena and Flavia

SloKid
Oct 21st, 2005, 09:49 AM
So another big day for Lena, first she plays Nastya in the quarters (15:30) and then in the last match of the day with Flavia they face Daniela/Ai. Good luck Lena, win both matches. :bounce:

Mathijs
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:00 PM
Hope Lena can win both matches today,

Good Luck Lena, you know you can do it!!! :bounce:

seahawker
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:09 PM
Elena has lost 6-3, 6-7 (1), 6-4. This obviously isn't good for her
chances at the season-ending Tour Championships.

SloKid
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:51 PM
I think Lena will still make it to the YEC, I think there will be some withdrawals (Momo, Justine). Let`s be optimistic.

Danči Dementia
Oct 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah Lena still can make to championships the withdrawals will help her Justine,Venus momo and I dont think mary will play if she doesnt make it this will be first time out of YEC sice 2000 I mean is not a lot but she has been the only player that qualifies since that then.

Im starting to you know afraid cos she won`t take any title this year

SloKid
Oct 21st, 2005, 06:12 PM
Well there is still Linz next week.

Mathijs
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:03 PM
Lena indeed can still make it to the YEC, if she keeps on playing like this (okay today was maybe shite) and if Patty could lose some matches...

Lena will reach the YEC ;)

nouf
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:07 PM
Super Point (thkxs girls) Myskina vs Dementieva Zurich 2005:

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/2009/noufcapsmyskina7vo.jpg

Download (http://nouf.tennisvidz.com/WTA/zurich2005/Super%20point%20Dementieva%20vs%20Myskina%20xvid%2 0by%20nouf.avi)

:bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship:

giocab
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:36 PM

Download (http://nouf.tennisvidz.com/WTA/zurich2005/Super%20point%20Dementieva%20vs%20Myskina%20xvid%2 0by%20nouf.avi)

i don't even know if i wanna watch this match... :sad:
and the worse thing is the draw is so easy for patty to reach the finals... and that's not good at all for lena... now she has to win linz or maybe she'll get extremally lucky and win her spot from other players withdrawl... anyway... i'm still a little down from today, at least she's winning her doubles match...

evinrude15
Oct 21st, 2005, 10:22 PM
Anastasia Myskina: “Everytime we play against each other it’s a tough match because we practise together and that’s why we know how the opposite is going to play.”

Dementirilenko
Oct 22nd, 2005, 11:05 AM

:bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship:

Hihi, a brillant pic!!

Dementinator
Oct 22nd, 2005, 11:12 AM
the point was amazing! despite an obviously shitty match from them both ,that one rally reminds me why I luv WTA ,plus of course Elenas fantastic bod in Action! heheheheheh

JC Federer
Oct 22nd, 2005, 01:16 PM
Boy she is skinny... how much does she weigh?

That poor racquet... :sad:

giocab
Oct 22nd, 2005, 01:36 PM
i'm so sad that patty reached the finals... now elena is forced to win Linz i supposed...

that point was so funny... great reflexes by lena

Dementinator
Oct 22nd, 2005, 01:49 PM
Boy she is skinny... how much does she weigh?

That poor racquet... :sad:

well the stats say almost the same as Elena :lol: but ELenas a lot more than 142lbs thats for sure ,but there is nothing to myskina is there!