PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay's Zurich Stampede.

Pages : [1] 2

Andrew..
Oct 12th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Time for a thread about it.

Crushing the competition. Challenging the peons. In the search for the #1 ranking.

I feel the excitement in the air. Lindsay is like a tiger. She's the Queen of the Fight. Rising up to the challenge of her rivals. Yes, she is. And, she wins.

Fighter. Tennis player. Aunt. Model. Hero. Wife. Daughter. All words to describe her. But I simply prefer: CHAMPION.

That is all.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 12th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Andrew I like the name you have given this thread as the way she's playing its right on money. Do you think Lindsay can get to 9th on the titles list by end of the end of year or that expecting too much. Monic has 53 titles.

Andrew..
Oct 12th, 2005, 11:03 PM
I don't think so. But she should get there early next year.

tennisboi
Oct 13th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Can we be sure that Lindsay will be playing next year? Apparently its going to come down to whether or not she feels like picking up a racket again come January, after a cosy Christmas cuddling up with Jon its hard to say what she will do. I don't want her to retire yet!!

alfonsojose
Oct 13th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Can we be sure that Lindsay will be playing next year? Apparently its going to come down to whether or not she feels like picking up a racket again come January, after a cosy Christmas cuddling up with Jon its hard to say what she will do. I don't want her to retire yet!!
If Jon was on my bed, i'd never leave the room :drool:

lindsayno1
Oct 13th, 2005, 03:17 PM

she said at filderstadt that she cant even contemplate retiring yet!!!! :bounce:

Kelly
Oct 13th, 2005, 05:31 PM
lets go lindsay!!

:bounce: WE WANT 51.....SAY WE WANT 51:bounce:

!<blocparty>!
Oct 13th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Bali, title.
Filderstadt, title.

I see a pattern here.

Lets go :)

Lindsayfan32
Oct 13th, 2005, 08:15 PM

She isn't she already said she will play in 2006. which is funny when you think about as said a wimbledon in 2004 that she'd be surpised if she's still playing in 2006. She is playing ofr at least the first part of the year anyway as it is rumoured she commited to play the Hong Kong exco in Januray.

Andrew..
Oct 13th, 2005, 08:21 PM
She's already commited to three tournaments in January.

Elldee
Oct 13th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Wimbledon 2006. Lindsay Davenport. Champion. Venus Williams arse kicker.

LindsayRocks89
Oct 13th, 2005, 10:50 PM
I love you Lindsay!!!!

Andrew..
Oct 13th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Wimbledon 2006. Lindsay Davenport. Champion. Venus Williams arse kicker.
Queen Vee is forever #1.

Sorry.

Andrew..
Oct 14th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Queen Vee withdraws from Zurich with injury.

Seeds are as follows:

1. Davenport
2. Mauresmo
3. Henin-Hardenne*
4. Dementieva

* Henin-Hardenne may not play.

Andrew..
Oct 14th, 2005, 02:47 PM
More news. Henin-Hardenne is now officially out, but Pierce is in.

1. Davenport
2. Mauresmo
3. Pierce
4. Dementieva
5. Petrova
6. Schnyder
7. Myskina
8. Molik

Lolz at Molik still being a seed.

Kelly
Oct 14th, 2005, 02:52 PM
hope molik can have a good run here...and hopefully do anothe players party behind the scenes vidio lol

alfonsojose
Oct 14th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Lindsay. Kick Pierce's ass in the final :devil:

lindsayno1
Oct 14th, 2005, 08:52 PM
title no 51 here we come!

~Poseidon~
Oct 15th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Only one win and she's back at #1.

Lindsay back on Top.

Elldee
Oct 15th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Not to be Andrew like but I won't be impressed if Lindsay doesn't win here.

Elldee
Oct 15th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Draws out. Top heavy.

Bye
Hantuchova
Schiavone/Petrova
Dementieva/Myskina
Pierce

lindsayno1
Oct 15th, 2005, 02:52 PM
ugh

Frederic
Oct 15th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Not to be Andrew like but I won't be impressed if Lindsay doesn't win here.
Why do you think she isn't likely to win in Zurich? The draw is very easy without Kim, Justine, Williams&Williams... I think that Lindsay can have great chances to win there, she will own a lot of points as it is a tier I event. Dementieva is the only threat for Lindsay.
By the way, can someone tell me if Lindsay will stay nį2? Because she will loose points the didn't defend in Moscow, so what will happen?

!<blocparty>!
Oct 15th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Draws out. Top heavy.

Bye
Hantuchova
Schiavone/Petrova
Dementieva/Myskina
Pierce

hmmmm. Well it's OK, she can beat everyone in this draw. Let's hope Elena has one of her semi off days again. Hantuchova is a tough opening round, but we do own her. Petrova Franny, own them too. Semi's and final will be interesting.

She can do it :)

Andrew..
Oct 15th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Meh. The draw is okay.

Hantuchova could be difficult in the second round. She's playing quite well right now. Though, I don't think she could have played much better than she did in Filderstadt, and Lindsay still beat her.

That QF probably worries me most. Schiavone has been playing really well lately. Though, playing well in Moscow translates to playing well on clay.

Alyona and Myskina played horrible tennis in Moscow. But you never know with those two.

LethalLindsay
Oct 15th, 2005, 09:28 PM
VERY true Andrew. I have always thought the "indoor clay" of Moscow was what Lindsay hated the most about tourney!
Still Francesca IS playing well and just took Elena in Moscow, but Linds is in her head I think the same for Daniela, who I also agree with you (PHEW twice in one post! LOL) is playing very good tennis at the mo'!
I know you guys don't like her but I hope Alicia gets a little bitr of form back, she is REALLY struggling since the injury!

Lindsayfan32
Oct 15th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Why do you think she isn't likely to win in Zurich? The draw is very easy without Kim, Justine, Williams&Williams... I think that Lindsay can have great chances to win there, she will own a lot of points as it is a tier I event. Dementieva is the only threat for Lindsay.
By the way, can someone tell me if Lindsay will stay nį2? Because she will loose points the didn't defend in Moscow, so what will happen?

Win her 2nd round match against Danni or a qualifer she goes back to number 1 Kim number 2 and Maria number 3 (where she belongs). Win the tournment she has a good chance of being year end world number 1. But if Kim overtakes her and she ends the year number 2 its a good result too. As is it all good as they are all new points going on in the next two tournments.

I hope that answers your question Frederic.

Elldee
Oct 15th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Schiavone and Petrova are both in finals and that'll work against them... it's not like Lindsay will have gotten rusty or anything.

Robbie.
Oct 16th, 2005, 01:23 AM
There's nothing in this field that Lindsay's best form doesn't beat, its basically the Filderstadt field minus Kim and Justine and plus Mary. Does she bring her best? Well thats another question but she has definitely been extraordinarily consistent in the past 18 months. If you ignore tournaments where she has withdrawn or defaulted she has reached the final of all 7 tour events she's played this year, winning five.

Interesting about the rankings too. I really want Lindsay and Kim to be #1 and #2, in whatever order, going in to YEC, that way we can avoid having Kim in our group.

Andrew..
Oct 16th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Mary is a pain when she's playing well. If Mary plays her best, I really don't think anybody can beat her...Hilton Head 2000 was one of the scariest things I've ever seen in tennis. Though, I haven't seen Mary play that well in a while.

Just beat Dani, and get #1 back. That's kind of the only thing I care about this tournament.

LethalLindsay
Oct 16th, 2005, 03:53 AM
OK......This is getting freaky!!!!!!! Three times in a thread............you are SOOOOO right Andrew. When Mary is on (pick a day of the week! LOL!) she is lethal! One of my fave matches is the 1999 US Open quarter against Lindsay..........Big D saved likeone or two match points????? But she still tuffed it out!

Frederic
Oct 16th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Win her 2nd round match against Danni or a qualifer she goes back to number 1 Kim number 2 and Maria number 3 (where she belongs). Win the tournment she has a good chance of being year end world number 1. But if Kim overtakes her and she ends the year number 2 its a good result too. As is it all good as they are all new points going on in the next two tournments.

I hope that answers your question Frederic.
thanks for the answer. But I'd really like to see Lindsay the year end nį1 again!! But, to make it happen, Kim has to loose in the first round of the YEC, because every matches she'll play will bring her points, as she hasn't points to defend. Anyway, why don't we see Lindsay winning the YEC? She can beat Sharapova, Kim(much more tougher oponent than Maria), Mauresmo has lost 10 times in a row against Lindsay, so why not one more time in the YEC? Mary can buly Lindsay sometimes, but not on hard indoor, Venus isn't isn't playing very well since Wimbledon, Lindsay can defeat Elena the same way as she did last year :tape: !!! :sport:

Elldee
Oct 16th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Kim doesn't have to lose first round of the YEC's. Lindsay has no more points coming off other than her two YEC wins over Dementieva and Serena, which she'll cover [I'm guessing] with a decent run in Philli? So she's therefore adding, assuming she does well, points in Zurich and the YEC's whilst Kim is playing Hasselt and the YEC. It's a reasonably level playing field... whoever does the better for the rest of the season, and particularly at the champs, will end the year numero uno.

ETA: A win at Philli should cover her YEC points and a final would probably cover the majority too.

Loughyunijen
Oct 16th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I dont think this draw is nice at all! :(

If mary's is playing well.....this could easily be a win for mary! Although i havent seen her play for a while.

Daniella played well in Fielderstatt-and I if she had converted some of those break points the game could have gone in another direction easily!

Elena....if her groundies are hot...and she controls her serve a bit.....again she could be a toughy!

I feel the biggest threat here though is Mary!

Im dying for a 51st title though....and 3 wins out of 3 for dav! Would be an awesome way to end the year........and a Tier 1!!!!!!!

If Dav plays the whole of 2006....stays healthy too....I could see her reaching 60 titles!

That would be phenominal!

Loughyunijen
Oct 16th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Whens Dav's first match??

Is Eurosport covering Zurich??

Nikki
Oct 16th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I know British Eurosport is covering Zurich from Tuesday according to my tv guide. I'm not sure of the times though.

Not a great draw but nothing Lindsay can't work through.

lindsayno1
Oct 16th, 2005, 02:23 PM
i watched mary in the final today. I love watching her - shes like lindsay, but not as good - more erratic!

Lindsay should win!!

Elldee
Oct 16th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Mary looked a bit hurt in Moscow to me.

vw.
Oct 16th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Lets go Lindsay! If she comes out at her best, she'll crush the field! :D :bounce:

Andrew..
Oct 16th, 2005, 03:19 PM
thanks for the answer. But I'd really like to see Lindsay the year end nį1 again!! But, to make it happen, Kim has to loose in the first round of the YEC, because every matches she'll play will bring her points, as she hasn't points to defend. Anyway, why don't we see Lindsay winning the YEC? She can beat Sharapova, Kim(much more tougher oponent than Maria), Mauresmo has lost 10 times in a row against Lindsay, so why not one more time in the YEC? Mary can buly Lindsay sometimes, but not on hard indoor, Venus isn't isn't playing very well since Wimbledon, Lindsay can defeat Elena the same way as she did last year :tape: !!! :sport:
Echoing Grand Slam, Kim doesn't have to lose 1r at the YEC. If Lindsay wins Zurich and Phili, then reached the semi of the YEC, I believe she's locked in for YE #1.

I don't see Lindsay doing that well at the YEC just because of the court. It's ridiculous. It really plays like indoor clay. But the field looks really meh this year. If she can avoid having either Kim or Mary in her RR, then she should make the SF. I highly doubt Venus plays either Phili or the YEC.

Andrew..
Oct 16th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Mary wasn't palying her best in Moscow, and there were rumors circulating that she might withdraw from Zurich.

I agree that Mary's game is very fun to watch, when it's on. I'm really happy for her that she's finally found herself back in the top five. When she's playing well, no doubt that's where she belongs.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 16th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Mary is a pain when she's playing well. If Mary plays her best, I really don't think anybody can beat her...Hilton Head 2000 was one of the scariest things I've ever seen in tennis. Though, I haven't seen Mary play that well in a while.

Just beat Dani, and get #1 back. That's kind of the only thing I care about this tournament.

Andrew I agree with but I also disagree with you. I agree with you Mary is playing very well at momment but if I remeber the draw she can't play her until the final. If Lindsay gets there and playing her best tennis she will beat Mary. Another thing I agree with you on. Just win the first match and get back to number 1. winning the tournment is a bonus. I want to see Maria get toppled to number three and hopefully fall further.

Andrew..
Oct 16th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Andrew I agree with but I also disagree with you. I agree with you Mary is playing very well at momment but if I remeber the draw she can't play her until the final. If Lindsay gets there and playing her best tennis she will beat Mary. Another thing I agree with you on. Just win the first match and get back to number 1. winning the tournment is a bonus. I want to see Maria get toppled to number three and hopefully fall further.
No. If Mary is playing her BEST tennis, it's quite possible that nobody can beat her. Mary's best tennis = winner on nearly every point, around 80% first serve, and under 15 UE's. Only person I could possibly see beating her at that level would be Hingis back at her best, and even then, it's questionable.

But again, Mary hasn't played that well since Hilton Head 2000.

GrandSlam05
Oct 17th, 2005, 03:10 AM
No. If Mary is playing her BEST tennis, it's quite possible that nobody can beat her. Mary's best tennis = winner on nearly every point, around 80% first serve, and under 15 UE's. Only person I could possibly see beating her at that level would be Hingis back at her best, and even then, it's questionable.

Oh please, you put Lindsay at her best (e.g. the Lindsay that Sharapova had to face at Indian Wells this year), and she'd stomp Pierce, not 6-0,6-0, but I still think she'd beat her.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 17th, 2005, 06:43 AM

I've got a question you Andrew are you a Lindsay fan or Mary fan? and you can sit on the fence on this one if you like. I still think Lindsay's best is better than Mary's. best hands down.

Elldee
Oct 17th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Lindsay's best match this year was against Clijsters at Wimbledon, IMO and she seems to be getting back towards that now... her returning was supreme at Wimbledon.

Andrew..
Oct 17th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Oh please, you put Lindsay at her best (e.g. the Lindsay that Sharapova had to face at Indian Wells this year), and she'd stomp Pierce, not 6-0,6-0, but I still think she'd beat her.
It might be close. But there's no doubt in my mind that Pierce's best is better than anyone else's best: ever.

But as I said, she hasn't palyed near that level since 2000.

Andrew..
Oct 17th, 2005, 06:19 PM
I've got a question you Andrew are you a Lindsay fan or Mary fan? and you can sit on the fence on this one if you like. I still think Lindsay's best is better than Mary's. best hands down.
I am a fan of both. But if Lindsay played Mary today, there's one person I would be screaming for - Lindsay. She is my #1 player. Bovina follows, and Mary is probably around five or six. I'm not a crazy Mary fan. I like Lindsay alot more. I just respect her best tennis for what it is.

Loughyunijen
Oct 17th, 2005, 09:09 PM
when is dav playing her first game in zurich?

Any eurosport schedules going around guys?

Andrew..
Oct 17th, 2005, 09:35 PM
We don't know yet. Either Wednesday or Thursday.

Loughyunijen
Oct 17th, 2005, 09:45 PM
oh crap...so she will have to play maybe 4 games in a row if she makes it to the final?

Thats rubbish.

Eurosport better show the god dam final......LIVE this time-grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Kelly
Oct 17th, 2005, 10:01 PM
they are showing live.....but it clashes with the football so i will have to tape the highlights later that night as my brother has booked the tv for the footy....

Lindsayfan32
Oct 17th, 2005, 11:09 PM
they are showing live.....but it clashes with the football so i will have to tape the highlights later that night as my brother has booked the tv for the footy....]

Kelly tell him where to go and tape the football highlights instead. This far more important than any football match. Rember Lindsay's playing for the number ranking 1.

:worship:

Jan
Oct 18th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Top heavy draw but Lindsay should cope:D
Mary is playing well:eek:
Lindsay is now 3 in the world:(
Should be No 1 again soon:) :D ;) :cool: :wavey: :angel: :worship: :bounce:
Good Luck Linds in your second round match:hearts:

Elldee
Oct 18th, 2005, 11:46 AM
I feel like going home again to watch the tennis :D

BTW, Sugiyama leads Hantuchova 6-1 1-2*... even if Hantuchova comes through, at least we know she's below par.

lindsayno1
Oct 18th, 2005, 02:56 PM
dav vs dani!!

Frederic
Oct 18th, 2005, 05:05 PM
What do you expect from this match? It will be the 3rd time in three months that Lindsay faces her, without dropping a set. Hope Lindsay will keep playing well against Daniela. Go Lindsay!!

Loughyunijen
Oct 18th, 2005, 05:14 PM
I think Dani looks under par...but wont say to much more-dont want to jinx the davster!

Loughyunijen
Oct 18th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Not quite sure what to make of this article! :S Hmmmmmmmmmm!

Hantuchova through in Zurich Open

Latest results
Slovakia's Daniela Hantuchova came from behind to beat Ai Sugiyama of Japan 1-6 7-5 6-4 in the Zurich Open first round.
She will next face top-seeded American Lindsay Davenport, who can regain the world number spot if she wins.

Slovenian Katarina Srebotnik also advanced with a 6-4 7-6 (9-7) win over Shinobu Asagoe of Japan and will meet second seed Amelie Mauresmo of France.

Frenchwoman Nathalie Dechy beat Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-4 4-6 7-6 (7-3) and will play Elena Dementieva.

If Davenport, who is currently third in the world, fails to beat Hantuchova, second-placed Kim Clijsters will return to top spot in the rankings.

But Davenport, 29, insists she would rather be at home than chasing ranking points.

She said: "I'm better off at home with my family and my husband than being in Europe for three weeks at this age and at this stage of my career.

"I'm not playing for the ranking or I would play every single tournament.

"I play because I enjoy it and want to do more but my husband and marriage is my priority and being away for three weeks is not something I'm willing to do right now."

Loughyunijen
Oct 18th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Another interesting article....Hopefully she is focused to win more tournies!

Davenport poised for top spot in rankings
Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:47 PM BST
Printer Friendly | Email Article | RSS

ZURICH, Oct 18 (Reuters) - Lindsay Davenport can regain the world number one spot by beating Slovak Daniela Hantuchova in the second round of the Zurich Open on Thursday.

The 29-year-old American, however, would rather be at home than chasing ranking points in Europe.

"I'm better off at home with my family and my husband than being in Europe for three weeks at this age and at this stage of my career," Davenport told reporters.

"I'm not playing for the ranking or I would play every single tournament. I play because I enjoy it and want to do more but my husband and marriage is my priority and being away for three weeks is not something I'm willing to do right now."

If third-placed Davenport fails to beat Hantuchova, who reached the second round with a 1-6 7-5 6-4 win over Japan's Ai Sugiyama on Tuesday, second-placed Belgian Kim Clijsters will return to top spot in next week's rankings.

World number one Maria Sharapova is not defending the ranking points she received by reaching the Zurich final last year.

After winning the Filderstadt title in Germany on Oct. 9, Davenport made a brief visit back to California before returning to Europe to compete at the $1.3 million event here.

The three-times former champion believes she has an advantage over many of her tiring opponents as the season winds down.

MENTAL ENERGY

"That quite often has been the case," said Davenport. "There's no question there's a lot of physical and mental energy that's missing at this time of the year.

"It's been a long year for everybody. But I typically play well indoors and in the past have done very well in the autumn so hopefully that'll be the case again.

"There's no question this is the toughest time of year to play but I'm personally lucky it is indoors. I think some of the points go a little bit faster and it's easier for me to serve well."

Having come close to retiring in 2004, Davenport draws enormous satisfaction from having reached two grand slam finals this year, at the Australian Open and Wimbledon.

She said her defeat by Venus Williams at Wimbledon was her best and worst experience of the year.

"I'm happy with the way the year went," she said. "I did everything I could to win the grand slams.

"It didn't happen but I feel I rebounded well from that and I'm still going strong.

"Wimbledon was an amazing, amazing experience, to be part of a final like that. I remember the crowd just being incredible at the end and even when I lost they were so supportive of me.

"Obviously it's tough to lose a match like that and be so close and have it mean so much but not happen.

"But I look back at that, and know I will for the rest of my career, with pride. It was really fun to be a part of and really sad the way it turned out."

Andrew..
Oct 18th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Christ...I said during the US Open that Tracy Austin needed to back the fuck off when it came to Wimbledon being such an "amazing expreience" for Lindsay. She lost. It sucked. End. Now Lindsay just adds fuel to the fire. Sigh.

In general, the comments in the article just get me angry. Oh well. I hate palying in the Fall. I'm not motivated. I wish I was making babies with Leach now. ACK.

Oh well, just play and win.

Don't read anything into Dani's 1r score. She can suck beyond belief in the 1r and do very well in her next match, i.e. the 2004 US Open. That Camille Pin match was probably the worst match I've ever seen. But, Dani can also suck in the 1r, and suck in the 2r. So whatever.

Elldee
Oct 18th, 2005, 06:11 PM
I would agree that Wimbledon was amazing if Lindsay had infact played her heart out [and all that stuff] and still lost. The thing is, she was up a break and only got broken back because she was injured. Period. She had far more opportunities to win than Venus and yet it's not Lindsay who gets to jump up and down ungraciously like a bitch but Venus. For the third time in a major final no less.

Andrew..
Oct 18th, 2005, 06:15 PM
I would agree that Wimbledon was amazing if Lindsay had infact played her heart out [and all that stuff] and still lost. The thing is, she was up a break and only got broken back because she was injured. Period. She had far more opportunities to win than Venus and yet it's not Lindsay who gets to jump up and down ungraciously like a bitch but Venus. For the third time in a major final no less.
Yes. That pisses me off too. Stop saying that Vee played so damn brilliant, etc. etc. Be a bitch right back. Be like, "Yeah. If I played anywhere near my best, and wasn't carrying my 12 injuries, I would have won, easily. I was playing at 5% my best, probably. Yeah. I committed suicide out there."</venus>

Oh well. Venus' play was and probably will always be overrated during that match. Lindsay choked hard up 6-5 in the second set, and then got really screwed with injury up 4-2 40-15 in the third. Just look at where Vee is right now. Since Wimbly, she's done absolutely nothing.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 18th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Oh well, we were pissed off with Kim comments before Filderstadt. These piss me off even more.

This was cute:

Lindsay: "Wimbledon was an amazing, amazing experience, to be part of a final like that. I remember the crowd just being incredible at the end and even when I lost they were so supportive of me."

Foreva_Lindsay and I were there. Dang, if only she'd won.

Loughyunijen
Oct 18th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Lindsay plays Thursday! :D

Lets hope shes been practising hard and not drooling over jon!

GrandSlam05
Oct 18th, 2005, 11:15 PM
I have to agree with you all about Wimbledon. Vee was way overrated. Lindsay was in command for most of the match and should've served it out but as Carillo said she abandoned her "serve out wide, big stroke into the open court" play and it cost her dearly. The fact is that Venus BARELY beat an injured Lindsay, hardly something to celebrate so joyfully. And then to hardly recognize Lindsay in her acceptance speech was just disgraceful. If Sue Barker hadn't reminded her, she wouldn't have even said the whole 2 words she did.
I guess I should cut Vee some slack, give her a few more years and she may actually develop the maturity of a 15-year old.
At least Serena said some nice words at OZ, whether she meant them or not.

Oh well, at the end of the day we must realize that what really counts in life is not how many slams you win, that's why I cheer for Lindsay regardless.

Andrew..
Oct 18th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Serena has actually grown on me. I like the fact that she's openly given the "fuck off" to the WTA on numerous occasions.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 19th, 2005, 05:46 AM
I look at the Wimbledon final this way I am far more proud of Lindsay for the way she handled the defeat as it is far easier to be a graceful winner than a graceful loser. Also Venus would know how to be classy winner or loser.

Andrew there is nothing wrong with Lindsay being proud of her efforts it far better than her bitching about and how Venus acted afterwards. Lindsay more class in her little finger than Venus has in her whole body and its one of the reasons I admire Lindsay.

Elldee
Oct 19th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Lindsay picked on Venus's forehand too much as well. She needed to change the direction of the ball more and make Venus run.

Frederic
Oct 19th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Lindsay picked on Venus's forehand too much as well. She needed to change the direction of the ball more and make Venus run.
It's easy to say, but very hard to do. The way to beat Lindsay is to make her run, everyone know it. But nearly no one can do it. And it's the same for Venus.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 19th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Lindsay just needed to be more agressive at the important moments. She should have served her way to the title in the second set, if she was playing her best. She'd have won that game, in 1999. Venus does deserve some credit for playing some amazing shots on the 13 times she was 2 points away from the title.

Elldee
Oct 19th, 2005, 02:35 PM
It's easy to say, but very hard to do. The way to beat Lindsay is to make her run, everyone know it. But nearly no one can do it. And it's the same for Venus.

No but when Lindsay was dominating the point she'd pound one side rather than hitting from side to side... she seemed to realise this when down in the tie break but it was too late.

Andrew..
Oct 19th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Lindsay just needed to be more agressive at the important moments. She should have served her way to the title in the second set, if she was playing her best. She'd have won that game, in 1999. Venus does deserve some credit for playing some amazing shots on the 13 times she was 2 points away from the title.
That's what lost Lindsay the match. I knew she wasn't winning from the first point she played up 6-5 in the second set. She just looked afraid to win. She stopped going for a big first serve, stopped going for the lines, and took her play down about five levels. Way too much is made about Venus "taking back" that second set. Lindsay's balls were landing in the middle of the court, and she would come in at the least opportune times to get passed. Third set, I can point out the exact point where she got injured. 4-2 40-15, hit a second serve half way down the net. You can see something just wasn't right there. The game that angers me even more though is the 7-7 game where Lindsay came back from 15-40 down, and had a point set up perfectly to give her Ad, and dumped a volley into the net. Venus was clearly getting tight again around that point, and I think had Lindsay held there, she might have had another shot.

Andrew..
Oct 19th, 2005, 04:52 PM
No but when Lindsay was dominating the point she'd pound one side rather than hitting from side to side... she seemed to realise this when down in the tie break but it was too late.
Venus' backhand was the shot that was off all through Wimbledon, not her FH. That was something Lindsay just didn't get.

Andrew..
Oct 19th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Indeed, Pierce is now officially out of Zurich. Doesn't really concern Lindsay much though.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 19th, 2005, 05:30 PM
That's what lost Lindsay the match. I knew she wasn't winning from the first point she played up 6-5 in the second set. She just looked afraid to win. She stopped going for a big first serve, stopped going for the lines, and took her play down about five levels. Way too much is made about Venus "taking back" that second set. Lindsay's balls were landing in the middle of the court, and she would come in at the least opportune times to get passed. Third set, I can point out the exact point where she got injured. 4-2 40-15, hit a second serve half way down the net. You can see something just wasn't right there. The game that angers me even more though is the 7-7 game where Lindsay came back from 15-40 down, and had a point set up perfectly to give her Ad, and dumped a volley into the net. Venus was clearly getting tight again around that point, and I think had Lindsay held there, she might have had another shot.

If you also look at the match point for Lindsay, she returns a backhand thats deep, ish. Vee hits an average shot and Linds hits this, thing, that with no pace, right down the middle and no depth. Vee too good. There's moments to be passive and moments to be agressive. A mixture would have been good enough had Venus made more errors on the crucial points, like she had in their previous four encounters. I say we start a petition to sack Adam and hire back Rob, or someone.

Andrew..
Oct 19th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I've been saying for a while that Adam isn't effective anymore. Robert retired, so he's out. But I think she does need somebody different.

lindsayno1
Oct 19th, 2005, 06:00 PM
i doubt shed get anyone new at this stage in her career

Andrew..
Oct 19th, 2005, 06:05 PM
She could be playing for another 2+ years on tour. It's not too late to make a change.

Andrew..
Oct 19th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Oh, and am I the only one who doesn't buy it for a second when she says that she doesn't care about the #1 ranking. :p

lindsayno1
Oct 19th, 2005, 06:25 PM
i dunno! I care about the no1 ranking!

New Dav pix
She looks great on this one!!
http://www.zurichopen.net/media/pictures/zhopen_20.jpg

Andrew..
Oct 19th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Who is that in the middle.

Lindsay and Corina both look great.

Elldee
Oct 19th, 2005, 06:31 PM
I hope Lindsay ends the year on top. 100 weeks. woo.

lindsayno1
Oct 19th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Who is that in the middle.

Lindsay and Corina both look great.

some randomer?

Elldee
Oct 19th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Apparently it's a member of the WTA Tour staff. Or something.

lindsayno1
Oct 19th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Apparently it's a member of the WTA Tour staff. Or something.

so again... a randomer!

Loughyunijen
Oct 19th, 2005, 09:56 PM
lindsay looks awesome!

Kelly
Oct 19th, 2005, 09:59 PM
i think its one of her best friends who is a wta tour staffer...think she is called Raquel

Loughyunijen
Oct 19th, 2005, 10:10 PM
does anyone know what times lindsay is playing tomorrow?

Please please be after 4pm!

Loughyunijen
Oct 19th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Am I right that lindsay playes at not before 5pm swiss time and therefore not before 4pm british time??

If sooooo yay!

Loughyunijen
Oct 19th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Is that wine I spy the girlies drinking in the top pic !!!!! LOL

Lindsay you should be watching the wine.....dont want to be hung over for the dani match! Gotta be on your toes luv!

Im i right in saying...this tourny is a gift for lindsay now that mary is out, so long as things go to plan tomorrow!

P.s I soooooooo wanna work for the WTA!!!!!!!!! How the hell do you get that job!?!?!?!

jacs
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:38 AM
This is a board that is open to all and every opinion of every poster. As long as the post does not cross the line, as I have stated before, towards rudeness, repetitiveness or pointlessness, it remains a valid point. From the posts that are allowed to be seen, he has merely expressed his opinion. And although he has packaged it as fact, it is still up to you to accept it as such.

Andrew hasn't broken any rules, that's why he's still posting here.

lindsayno1
Oct 20th, 2005, 07:23 AM
P.s I soooooooo wanna work for the WTA!!!!!!!!! How the hell do you get that job!?!?!?!

apparently its not what u know, its who you know

Loughyunijen
Oct 20th, 2005, 03:22 PM
where is the tennis!:(

lindsayno1
Oct 20th, 2005, 03:59 PM
well shes makin a joke of herself atm!

Frederic
Oct 20th, 2005, 03:59 PM
6/3 2/1 Daniela...

Frederic
Oct 20th, 2005, 04:05 PM
I've got a bad feeling. Just hope I'm wrong...

Kenny
Oct 20th, 2005, 04:46 PM
She came back in the second set to win 7-5, and now the score is 2-2 in the third.. don't give up on her

Frederic
Oct 20th, 2005, 04:58 PM
My bad feeling is gone... 4/2...But I can't see it on international eurosport! :( French eurosport shows it, but I don't have it... :mad: What a shame for the french man I am!! :sad:

Frederic
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:05 PM
:scratch: Finally won 3/6 7/5 6/2. Don't know what happened... Did Daniela play that well? Or did Lindsay tank a little bit in the beginning?

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Very nice Comeback Win today Lindsay... :worship: :bounce:

lindsayno1
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:13 PM
i think lindsay just played shit.

but this is fookin hillarious!!!! We are 1 again!

chewy
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:13 PM
phew...glad she pulled thru, was shocked whn i saw d score whn she was behind 6-3 4-2. good come back by lindsay!

Loughyunijen
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:25 PM
awesome come back linds!!!!!!!!

did anyone see the match???

Andrew you see it? Or any other yanks!????!???

Andrew..
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:30 PM
This is the first time Lindsay has saved a match point and won the match since the 1999 US Open QF.

I'm very excited. :)

Loughyunijen
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:34 PM
This is the first time Lindsay has saved a match point and won the match since the 1999 US Open QF.

I'm very excited. :)

Andrew did you see the match? :)

Andrew..
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:40 PM
No. :(

I can only listen to them online, and I couldn't even do that today because of stupid ES...

lindsayno1
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:47 PM
euro shit is just....shit!

Andrew..
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Anyway, I'm very happy right now. After a long day, this is just what I needed to cheer me up. :)

I want articles, interviews, and photos now. :p

Elldee
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Did she not save match points against Peng at the French or was she just two points away?

Andrew..
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Did she not save match points against Peng at the French or was she just two points away?
Two points away, twice. Peng was leading 6-3 6-5 30-15.

lindsayno1
Oct 20th, 2005, 06:08 PM
gimme v money dammit!

petrova or schiavone the nutcase next!

Frederic
Oct 20th, 2005, 06:11 PM
euro shit is just....shit!
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Elldee
Oct 20th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Two points away, twice. Peng was leading 6-3 6-5 30-15.

Yeah, you're right. She was up 5-4 30-15 though, not 6-5. Apparently Hantuchova missed an easy forehand on match point, Peng did the same at 30-30.

lindsayno1
Oct 20th, 2005, 06:23 PM
you didnt need to see the match!

Picture this: Lindsay comes out on court looking as miserable as sin looking like she'd rather be home with Leach, loses first set and carries on smacking serves into the net with a continual burst of 'fucks' and screams coming through her mouth and the occasional throwing of the racket on the floor in disgust.
She then decides to start actually playing and then puts in a few winners to unsettle Dani, before dani chokes under the increasing pressure from Dav!

Elldee
Oct 20th, 2005, 06:24 PM
ZURICH, Switzerland (Reuters) -- Lindsay Davenport saved two match points to beat Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia 3-6 7-5 6-2 and reach the quarterfinals of the Zurich Open on Thursday.

The win means the American is guaranteed an 85th week as world No. 1 on Monday in her eighth period as the top-ranked player after first claiming the spot in October 1998.

Earlier, France's Amelie Mauresmo suffered another embarrassing defeat when she was humbled 6-2 6-0 by Slovenian qualifier Katarina Srebotnik.

Last week in Moscow, Mauresmo was beaten 6-1 6-1 in her opening match by Francesca Schiavone of Italy.

Davenport, the top seed, looked ragged for most of the match with Hantuchova, committing a succession of errors.

"I knew it would be tough," said Davenport. "I didn't feel I was playing my best or striking the ball that well, but I still managed to win despite the circumstances."

After claiming the first set and earning an early break in the second, Hantuchova held two match points at 5-4.

But Davenport struck a backhand volley winner on the first and Hantuchova hit a forehand long on the second to bring the game to deuce. Davenport then broke for 5-5 with a crosscourt return and a double-fault.

Davenport had to hold off two break points in the next game, but Hantuchova put an easy forehand wide and then made another forehand error to give Davenport a further break and the set.

Deflated opponent
Davenport began the final set by breaking her deflated opponent to love to lead 2-0 and although Hantuchova broke back immediately she handed Davenport the lead once more by double-faulting when down 3-2.

Davenport then gave up just two points in the final two games.

"She became a little bit emotional when she didn't win those match points and seemed really down even starting at 5-5, so I was just trying to take advantage and move forward," said Davenport.

Mauresmo, tired at the end of a long season, was overwhelmed by an opponent who had not claimed a set from her in their previous three meetings. Looking flat, she allowed 43rd-ranked Srebotnik to dictate play.

The Frenchwoman said: "There's no fun for me, for the crowd. There's no point for me considering what happened last week and today to keep going and pushing for no result."

Srebotnik, a former Wimbledon junior champion, said: "She can probably say now she was tired, but all the players are tired. I have four matches behind me, plus two doubles, and physically I'm also tired.

"I think today that I really played better than she did, because everything she tried I had an answer for."

Elldee
Oct 20th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Davenport: "It's a long year..."
Interview with Lindsay Davenport (3-6, 7-5 6-2 against Daniela Hantuchova)

Lindsay Davenport: "You obviously like to have an easier first round. I didnít feel playing my best or striking the ball all that well, but still managed to win this game. Before 5-5 in the second set, I never really was able to be on the same level she (Hantuchova) played, but when it got to 5-5 it was a completely different game, she became a little bit emotional when she didnít win these matchpoints and seemed really down, and I just tried to take advantage of that."

"There`s no question itís a long year and you play a lot of matches when you do well, so you have to play a smart schedule and take some rest weeks throughout the year. Since I got home from Bali I`m playing more or less continously, and I donít feel I`m in that good shape as I was in the spring or during Wimbledon. I`m just focussing on the tournaments now."

"This court plays a little bit slower then the one in Filderstadt and I just didnít feel I was hitting the ball perfectly and I think tomorrow will be a lot better."

"If you look at the race (to the championships), Kim is still in the lead and I`m gonna have to probably win this tournament and do well in LA to finish the year as number one."

"I do like this tournament a lot. I`ve always enjoyed the town, people have been very friendly, I liked the old stadium, but this one seems much similar. I did become my first official Monday as Number one here in 1998, so those are some good memories for sure."

She SO wants it.

Sweep
Oct 20th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Would just like to congratulate Lindsay on her good comeback today.

lindsayno1
Oct 20th, 2005, 07:28 PM
she just admitted she wants the no1 ranking!

Lindsayfan32
Oct 20th, 2005, 07:44 PM
That excactlly the reason I have alot of respect for danni. Even though Lindsay has never lost to her she one hell of a player. Lindsay said herself she's a tough player and expected a tough match. when I saw the draw I thought not the first player I would have pick for Lindsay to play in the second round. But now things will only get better. Back from match points proves my point I think.

BMP
Oct 20th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Hi everyone! I am new here but I've been a big Lindsay fan for a pretty long while. I love her so much, as a player and a personality. Her wins mean a lot to me.
Today was a really crazy match. I couldn't believe it how bad things were in the beginning. I was about to die when it was 3-6 5-5! That's the toughest moment in the whole todays match, I think. I even started praying for her escaping a loss... And it worked!!! I never lost my hope even in the worst moments. ...how much nerves and energy I spent on it! But if that's what helped Lindsay, it's okay. I was so damn relieved when she was able to change everything around and win!
And of course, I am happy for Lindsay regaining her #1 rank! And again everything is how it should be - Lindsay's number one! Congrats!!!

Loughyunijen
Oct 20th, 2005, 08:06 PM
what time does the dav play tomorrow?

please let it be on euroshit!!!!!!!

Elldee
Oct 20th, 2005, 08:32 PM
NB 7... or 5. 7, I think.

Loughyunijen
Oct 20th, 2005, 08:35 PM
thank god!!!!

I dont think think lindsay is playing tomorrow....which is good news...give her time to rest!

!<blocparty>!
Oct 20th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Hi everyone! I am new here but I've been a big Lindsay fan for a pretty long while. I love her so much, as a player and a personality. Her wins mean a lot to me.
Today was a really crazy match. I couldn't believe it how bad things were in the beginning. I was about to die when it was 3-6 5-5! That's the toughest moment in the whole todays match, I think. I even started praying for her escaping a loss... And it worked!!! I never lost my hope even in the worst moments. ...how much nerves and energy I spent on it! But if that's what helped Lindsay, it's okay. I was so damn relieved when she was able to change everything around and win!
And of course, I am happy for Lindsay regaining her #1 rank! And again everything is how it should be - Lindsay's number one! Congrats!!!

Welcome to TOP and WTAworld :D

Andrew..
Oct 20th, 2005, 08:58 PM
thank god!!!!

I dont think think lindsay is playing tomorrow....which is good news...give her time to rest!
She has to play tomorrow.

Unless you want the final on Monday.

BMP
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Nope, Lindsay isn't playing tomorrow and that's right - she deserves some rest after todays battle. The schedule is here http://www.zurichopen.net

!<blocparty>!
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Yes, Lindsay is playing tomorrow. The schedule clearly states.

Friday 21. October

Court 1

12:00 PM 1/4 Final (Doubles)
Raymond (USA)/Stosur (AUS) vs.
Szavay (HUN)/Woehr (GER)

not before 1:30 PM 1/4 Final (Singles)
Ana Ivanovic (SCG) vs.
Katarina Srebotnik (SLO)

not before 3:30 PM 1/4 Final (Singles)
Elena Dementieva (RUS) vs.
Anastasia Myskina (RUS)

not before 5:00 PM 1/4 Final (Singles)
Patty Schnyder (SUI) vs.
Flavia Pennetta (ITA)

not before 7:00 PM 1/4 Final (Singles)
Lindsay Davenport (USA) vs.
Francesca Schiavone (ITA)

followed by 1/4 Final (Doubles)
Hantuchova (SVK)/Sugiyama (JPN) vs.
Dementieva (RUS)/Pennetta (ITA)

Elldee
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:13 PM
She's playing according to wtatour.com.... NB 7PM.

Schiavone. AGAIN.

alfonsojose
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:29 PM
She has to play tomorrow. Finals are on Sunday :shrug:

BMP
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Yes, Lindsay is playing tomorrow. The schedule clearly states.
Oops... Probably when I checked the schedule it wasn't complete yet... And...what? Francesca again? Oh yeah, she is lucky to get the opportunity to play Lindsay again, for the 3rd time in the last couple of months. This is a good experience for her! Kind of Master-class.
Good luck Lindsay! We stand by you!

lindsayno1
Oct 20th, 2005, 10:08 PM
hopefully lindsay can make this match a bit easier for herself! BUT we know she likes to do a henman!

lindsayno1
Oct 20th, 2005, 10:12 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051020/capt.zur38010201800.switzerland_tennis_zurich_open _zur380.jpg

this pic scares me

dav abu
Oct 20th, 2005, 10:22 PM
it says " I want the f**king number one"!!

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 20th, 2005, 11:38 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051020/capt.zur38010201800.switzerland_tennis_zurich_open _zur380.jpg

this pic scares me Honestly, This is the first time I saw Lindsay niples in pics!!! Does it shows when she's angry?

Kelly
Oct 20th, 2005, 11:55 PM
she's just heard about the sale at pottery barn....thats all :-)

Andrew..
Oct 20th, 2005, 11:56 PM
I've seen them alot. They seemed to be very perky at Roland Garros this year.

joaco
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:25 AM
Congrats Lindsay!!! I was SOOO looking forward to a match where you saved match points. I don't know about u guys, but I'd rather her win today saving match points than 6-2, 6-2. Just for today. Just once. Go Lindsay tomorrow!!!!

Joaco

Ty-Ty
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:40 AM

this pic scares me

Is it just me, or does it look like blood is dripping down her forehead.
:retard:

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:40 AM
Nice win Lindsay! Good luck against Schiavone!

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 03:26 AM
Congrats Lindsay!!! I was SOOO looking forward to a match where you saved match points. I don't know about u guys, but I'd rather her win today saving match points than 6-2, 6-2. Just for today. Just once. Go Lindsay tomorrow!!!!

Joaco
I totally agree with that.

I have been waiting for a come from behind victory like this for probably about two years now. The Wimbledon SF this year was great for me, too. But saving MPs isn't exactly Lindsay's thing, so it was even sweeter.

And, I thought that when she kicked Safina's ass last year in Moscow, it was very anti-climatic, and I was kind of left feeling bleh. This really says it for me, a real was to earn #1 - through a hard fought battle.

bis2806
Oct 21st, 2005, 05:51 AM
Now Lindsay is going to play Francesca again, which is dangerous. But I remember how after the Bali Final, Francesca said to the commentator on court "You want to try to play against her?!" and everyone then cracked up. :lol:

bis2806
Oct 21st, 2005, 06:55 AM
http://www.zurichopen.net/media/pictures/DSC_6806_Lindsey_Airport.jpg

I thought this picture was nice :) I assume that this was taken when she arrived at the Zurich airport.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:11 AM

this pic scares me

If you just looked at this pic your would've sworn she lost and Kim was back at number 1. Lindsay could've looked a bit happier about it. Considering it her 8th time a number 1 maybe it just not that special any more.

lindsayno1
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:16 AM
no thats a fierce determined look

Elldee
Oct 21st, 2005, 10:39 AM
Lindsay looks amazing right now. Lovin' her attitude, her tennis, everything.

Lindsay knows she can get number one; she wants to do well here, Philli and YEC's. [From quote at wtatour.com].

I wouldn't read much into the photo... she's clearly just pissed she didn't play well.

fnuf7
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:52 PM
Yay! Well done Lindsay on getting no.1 spot back! Now just got to on a win this tournament! Congrats!

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 02:23 PM
I'm going to see her play in Philadelphia. I just booked my plane tickets.

I really, really want Lindsay - Maria final.

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 02:26 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gif http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gif http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gif http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gif http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gif
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photos_rx/davenport_zurich_8273_rx.jpg
© Andre Springer

http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gif
Mixed Day for Top Seeds in Zurich

ZURICH, Switzerland - Lindsay Davenport fought off two match points to defeat Daniela Hantuchova at the $1.3 million Zurich Open, advancing to the quarterfinals and in position to take over as the World No.1 when rankings are released on Monday, October 24. Hantuchova sprinted to a commanding lead in this second round match and was one point from upsetting the No.1 seeded Davenport. Hantuchova led 63 5-3, 40-15. Davenport staved off the first match point by hitting a winning backhand volley, while Hantuchova committed an unforced error on the second match point, missing a forehand.

Once Davenport evened the game to deuce, she won the next four games to clinch the second set. Davenport was in control throughout the third set, giving up only two games.

"It was like two different matches," Davenport said. "I was playing really badly to start off with, missing a lot of returns and she was playing really well. At the two match points, I thought 'Iím on the plane going home tomorrow' but then it can change around that quickly."

"I hung in there, played some good points and found myself in a third set. Her level went down in the third set and I was hitting the ball much cleaner then. To play her here in the first match is probably the most difficult draw I could have had, so Iím glad to get through it."

By defeating Hantuchova and entering the quarterfinals this week of the Zurich Open, Davenport will once again regain the top spot on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour rankings. When rankings are released on Monday, October 24, Davenport will return as the No.1 player in the world for her eighth stint, totalling 85 career weeks as No.1. Davenport has held the top ranking this season for all but seven weeks.

On reclaiming the No.1 ranking, Davenport said, "It means a lot to get back to No. 1, with so many good players and at this point in my career, itís a great achievement. It might only be for a week or two, depending on how Kim does, but for sure Iím motivated to do well at the end of the year and post a good result at the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championships in Los Angeles."

I'm LOVES her. :hearts: :inlove:

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 02:46 PM
Apparently, Amelie might withdraw from Linz. This would leave the tournament with just one top ten player, and the WTA on the hook for getting at least one top five player to play it.

Sharapova is injured.

Pierce and Henin-Hardenne already pulled out.

Clijsters is playing Hasselt.

There's only one more top five player, and if she doesn't play Linz, the WTA is majorly fucked.

I hope she doesn't play, because you know that means no Phili.

Ty-Ty
Oct 21st, 2005, 03:48 PM
I'm going to see her play in Philadelphia. I just booked my plane tickets.

I really, really want Lindsay - Maria final.

Where did you book them?

I was using Orbitz untill they sky rocketed up and are now borderline $300.
:fiery:
Now I can't go.
:o

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:30 PM
Where did you book them?

I was using Orbitz untill they sky rocketed up and are now borderline $300.
:fiery:
Now I can't go.
:o
I got my Southwest tickets for $29 each way out of BDL.

Where are you flying out of?

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 06:02 PM
Random thought/question:

Does anyone know the last match Lindsay played where she won the toss, and chose to serve?

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 06:23 PM
Bleh...I'm talking to myself. Oh well.

Lindsay is serving bullets, and leading 5-3.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 21st, 2005, 06:33 PM
I have no idea when she elected to serve first :o

First set to Lindsay 6-4. Saved bp at 30-40 with bomb outwide :cool: This court is pissing my off bigtime.

7/7 net points won
14 winners 10 errors
2 aces 1 DF

Pretty solid.

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 06:44 PM
Very solid. Schiavone is very tough on this surface.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 21st, 2005, 06:47 PM
This is the best match I've seen in a while, and it's not that good :tape: Fran is playing her best. Hitting winners everywhere.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 21st, 2005, 06:51 PM
LMAO. Lindsay faces 2 break points and serves aces on both. She misses this FH and screams really loudly :lol: Another ace.

Are you watching the match?

Oh my, this is amazing stuff right now.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 21st, 2005, 06:51 PM
OK, its not anymore. 4-2 Fran.

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 06:55 PM
Fran must be serving amazingly well, also.

0-30. Tanks.

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:01 PM
3-5.

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:04 PM
4-5. K. Better.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:05 PM
Amazing lob at 30-30.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:07 PM
This is getting ridiculous. I seriously cannot see the ball.

OMG, Lindsay is bitching about Franny. Saying "everytime the ball gets close to the baseline she screams"

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:11 PM
6-4 4-6.

Why do we do this.

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:15 PM
0-30 -----> Game.

Yep.

0-1.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:17 PM
This is the best I've ever seen Fran play. Love game.

1-1.

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:18 PM
Oh, we produce a love service hold now. That would have come in handy, you know, ten minutes ago.

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:22 PM
Finally, a break.

6-4 4-6 2-1.

This is like following BeeBee's matches.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:25 PM
Sam Smith (English commentator) has called Fran a monster, twice.

Gorgeous hold to 15. 3-1. :)

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:26 PM
3-1. Better.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:29 PM
Ugly game. This match is far from over. *3-2

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:34 PM
Why is F.S. holding serve so easily.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:43 PM
*5-4. This game makes me nervous. Please hold.

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:46 PM
I'm scared for Lindsay if she wins this. Fran might try to scratch her eyes out, like she did to BeeBee.

Frederic
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:48 PM
Finally won. 6/4 4/6 6/4... Can someone tell me what's going on with Lindsay's strokes? Don't tell me that she's gonna play like Amelie!!!

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:49 PM
Schiavone is playing like a top ten player right now.

chewy
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:52 PM
phew...another close match. two 3 setters in a row, is lindsay alittle out of sorts?

Frederic
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:53 PM
Schiavone is playing like a top ten player right now.
Wow!!!! It's hard to believe you!!! And it's hard to imagine Lindsay winning there. Myskina is a much more tougher opponent than Schiavone, Lindsay is gonna loose in straight set. She is tired and need to rest a little bit.

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:54 PM
Wow!!!! It's hard to believe you!!! And it's hard to imagine Lindsay winning there. Myskina is a much more tougher opponent than Schiavone, Lindsay is gonna loose in straight set. She is tired and need to rest a little bit.
I'm not sure you understand.

Schiavone has been playing out of her mind tennis for the past five weeks. It's not a suprise that this went three.

And Myskina's serve was horrible today. Tomorrow might be a tough match, but I don't see Lindsay getting her ass kicked.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:01 PM
I'm scared for Lindsay if she wins this. Fran might try to scratch her eyes out, like she did to BeeBee.

What happened here? I want gossip.

Andrew..
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:07 PM
What happened here? I want gossip.
She was mad at BeeBee after their match in Linz in 2003. So, when they shook hands, FS wouldn't let go, and was yelling at Lena. So Lena pulled her hand out and then FS lunged her had out at Lena and almost scratched her in the eyes. Bitch.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:31 PM
OMG. What a bitch.

Loughyunijen
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:41 PM
was lindsay scrapping on court!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Elldee
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:46 PM
I think Lindsay's beef was that Schiavone's scream sounds like out... not to mention it's distracting. It takes a lot to piss Lindsay off but it was effecting her concentration.

Hantuchova. Again. Schiavone. Again. Myskina. Again. It's like a Filderstadt rehash.

Looking forward to tomorrow; Lindsay and Anastasia are both great.

Elldee
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:54 PM
Davenport: "Another tough match"
Lindsay Davenport after defeating Francesca Schiavone 6-4 4-6 6-4

"It was another tough match. I didnít expect her to dictate the match as she did today, because the last few times we played, this wasnít the case."

"Perhaps I feel worse than Iíve been playing but Iím just a little bit of. I try to win each match but in tennis everything can turn just in a second."

"Iím really happy that my serve went well today because this kept me in the match."

"I have mostly the same draw as I had in Filderstadt but on this court all matches were completely different because this court (she talks about Zurich) is a little bit slower as the one in Filderstadt. This gives some players a little bit more time with my shots."

She sounds spent.

Loughyunijen
Oct 21st, 2005, 09:06 PM
I fear that lindsay needs a good weeks rest!

It doesnt help her dashing too and from the states back to europe this last month!

Sleep well tonight dav.....early to bed for you!

Loughyunijen
Oct 21st, 2005, 09:07 PM
please tell me Lindsay is on eurosprt tomorrow - i havent seen her play yet :(

Loughyunijen
Oct 21st, 2005, 09:08 PM
Thoughts on tomorrows match guys:

After her post match interview (above) she says she feels rough, a bit off......is tomorrow going to be the last straw?

Surely another 3 setter will be too much for a tired Dav?

Lindsayfan32
Oct 21st, 2005, 09:18 PM
Thoughts on tomorrows match guys:

After her post match interview (above) she says she feels rough, a bit off......is tomorrow going to be the last straw?

Surely another 3 setter will be too much for a tired Dav?

I won't go that far but i don't think going home and then coming back was a no good idea. It seems she only did it as she didn't want to stay in Eurorope for another week but I hope she win in 2 sets this time I might be asking for too much here.

Loughyunijen
Oct 21st, 2005, 09:28 PM
I won't go that far but i don't think going home and then coming back was a no good idea. It seems she only did it as she didn't want to stay in Eurorope for another week but I hope she win in 2 sets this time I might be asking for too much here.

I think its going to be a huge task for Dav....especially as her serve isnt as effective on the zurich court surface :(

Dav has actually had a really tough draw....the final (if she makes it) will be the easiest match by far!

bis2806
Oct 21st, 2005, 09:35 PM
Andrew, I'm also thinking of flying to Philly from Charlottesville (CHO), VA. But it's only for a weekend and I'm wondering if I should really do that... I think i want to.

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 21st, 2005, 09:39 PM
Who's comming to LA YEC?
Lets set-up a cheering plan!!! like having banners and everything. This would mean really much to Lindsay when she saw us.

Come on, I'm up for this.

Loughyunijen
Oct 21st, 2005, 09:53 PM
Who's comming to LA YEC?
Lets set-up a cheering plan!!! like having banners and everything. This would mean really much to Lindsay when she saw us.

Come on, I'm up for this.

You go guys!!!!!!!!

Wish I could make it but im in silly rainy fecking cold UK!!!!!!!

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 21st, 2005, 10:02 PM
You go guys!!!!!!!!

Wish I could make it but im in silly rainy fecking cold UK!!!!!!!

I would definitely be there on all night matches plus weekend.

Elldee
Oct 21st, 2005, 10:19 PM
Lindsay's on at 3pm [the second semi], with coverage commencing at 1.30.

Kelly
Oct 21st, 2005, 10:40 PM
my familly are illiterate!!! i leave a note..'tape tennis at 7.30pm'....they start taping at gone 8pm cos apparently thats when eurosport said lindsay will be on...how many times do i have to tell them not to trust a damn word eurosport has to say...so all i got was the last set.

at least she won...hopefully they will tape it properly tomorrow

lindsayno1
Oct 21st, 2005, 10:52 PM
grandslam... tut tut betting V Cash on myskina!

500 on the davster all the way! I heard myskina was really shite today!!

Andrew..
Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:30 AM
I think its going to be a huge task for Dav....especially as her serve isnt as effective on the zurich court surface :(
Hello. That's like THE thing that worked for her today.

Andrew..
Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:33 AM
grandslam... tut tut betting V Cash on myskina!

500 on the davster all the way! I heard myskina was really shite today!!
Yes, that's the thing...Myskina was like, horrible today. Look at her match stats.

I'm not reading alot into her "bad form" this tournament. One, Hantuchova was playing out of her mind for the first two sets yesterday. Two, Schiavone probably played the match of her career today. And Lindsay still won.

Lindsay could still lose tomorrow. But it's nothing that's set in stone, not even close.

Ty-Ty
Oct 22nd, 2005, 03:14 AM
I got my Southwest tickets for $29 each way out of BDL.

Where are you flying out of?

I was planning on flying out of OKC, but Dallas was cheaper untill like a few days ago. Now both are ridiculously high, so whatever I guess.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 22nd, 2005, 03:45 AM
Andrew, I'm also thinking of flying to Philly from Charlottesville (CHO), VA. But it's only for a weekend and I'm wondering if I should really do that... I think i want to.

If you're never seen Lindsay play live do yourself a favour and do it. It's worth doing once even if you can only go for the weekend. It something you won't forget in hurry.

lindsayno1
Oct 22nd, 2005, 08:41 AM
yeh ud be so annoyed if u never saw her and she retired!

lindsayno1
Oct 22nd, 2005, 09:40 AM
today im going for Lindsay in 3

64 36 63

i dont like this surface....!

fnuf7
Oct 22nd, 2005, 09:57 AM
Hope Lindsay wins - and preferably easier than she did in her last matches! - I'm hoping 6-4 6-4 but could see it going 6-4 4-6 6-4. Going to be close I reckon either way.

Ty-Ty
Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:07 PM
Up 4-2 in the second, 0-40 on Nastya's serve and lets that game slip and then gets broken.

Bad feeling.

Ty-Ty
Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:21 PM
Nevermind, Lindsay broke at 4-4.

Take the title Lindsay.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:35 PM
Yes, that's the thing...Myskina was like, horrible today. Look at her match stats.

I'm not reading alot into her "bad form" this tournament. One, Hantuchova was playing out of her mind for the first two sets yesterday. Two, Schiavone probably played the match of her career today. And Lindsay still won.

Lindsay could still lose tomorrow. But it's nothing that's set in stone, not even close.

Andrew you're right she could lose tommorow but at least she's in the final. It's great in way Lindsay has got to the final playing the way she has but hasn't been playing hack either. Hantuchova is a great ball striker and can beat anyone on her day. Franny is the same at the momment and the Myskina result surpised me I logged on to the board half way through as I got the times mixed up, but there is no way I would have expected Lindsay to win a set off her 6-0 if she bring that type of form there no reason she can't still win. Even a final is a good result but a win is even better.

I followed Lindsay for years and this tournment rarely attactracts hacks it normally has great fields.

Elldee
Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Patty looked good today but hopefully a healthy Lindsay can get revenge for 2002.

Ty-Ty
Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:45 PM
Revenge is best served cold.
:devil:

Loughyunijen
Oct 22nd, 2005, 03:18 PM
Well done Dav!

I have to say...I thought Dav played very well, much better than I thought. She defo looked like she meant business!

Anastasia looked all out of sorts!

Although Dav certainly did not look as happy as she was in Fielderstadt - she must be home sick!

Loughyunijen
Oct 22nd, 2005, 03:32 PM
Do we have any interviews?

Im dying to see any sort of interview lindsay has given in zurich!

After all if she wins this will be her first tier 1 win in like 15months!

joaco
Oct 22nd, 2005, 04:00 PM
I want her to win this Tier I. I want her to win another final. I really hope she does. Kick some ass tomorrow and get some rest Lindsay! :kiss:

Frederic
Oct 22nd, 2005, 05:00 PM
Wow!!!I didn't expect such a good win from Lindsay! So glad to see her defeating Anastasia so easily. I just hope she can win this tournament right now. What kind of match do you expect against Patty?

alfonsojose
Oct 22nd, 2005, 05:19 PM
Who's going to Philly :sad: ?

Andrew..
Oct 22nd, 2005, 08:18 PM
Who's going to Philly :sad: ?
Me.

Andrew..
Oct 22nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Good win today. Bagels are always fun, and so is kicking Nastya's ass.

The final will be rough. Patty has kicked Lindsay's ass on clay before, but Lindsay's done the same to her.

Elldee
Oct 22nd, 2005, 08:48 PM
Patty was awesome today and retrieved manymanymany balls as well as hitting her shots where she looks to be trying to embarass her opponent. Ivanovic was error strewn though. Should be a good 'un.

Elldee
Oct 22nd, 2005, 09:09 PM
Ha ha! I was bored so I just had a look at Sam Smith's career briefly and noticed she had a 1-0 H2H lead against Patty Schnyder. Crazy.

fnuf7
Oct 22nd, 2005, 10:58 PM
Woo woo! I must say I'm having an awful day today but this result cheered me like (almost) nothing else! Go Lindsay!

And I've just got back over $2 in Vcash for the 1st time in like months! Ah the day gets better!

Andrew..
Oct 22nd, 2005, 11:36 PM
Twelve hours.

joaco
Oct 23rd, 2005, 12:01 AM
Could someone please tell me what the fuck Vcash is? I have like $600 and I don't even know what it is.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 23rd, 2005, 12:40 AM
At the top of the board there is a virutal betting link and you can use this vcash to bet on matches. It's easy to do and adds some interest in matches. The only problem with betting on Lindsay she's the short priced fave all the time so there not much value in it.

Andrew..
Oct 23rd, 2005, 12:45 AM
I believe Lindsay was something like 9/4 to beat KFC at Roland Garros

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 23rd, 2005, 03:55 AM
Good luck against Patty Lndsay!

lindsayno1
Oct 23rd, 2005, 08:21 AM
I believe Lindsay was something like 9/4 to beat KFC at Roland Garros

I won shed loads on that match!!!

Loughyunijen
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:14 AM
Lets go Dav....title number 51 here we come!

What time she on?

lindsayno1
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:36 AM
1.30 swiss time

Elldee
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:44 AM
Eurosport are claiming that their coverage starts at 12.45 but they've started early before so don't believe them. They're liars!

Loughyunijen
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:57 AM
Lol!!!!!

lindsayno1
Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:45 AM
ha losers. prob will do an indepth interview with sam smith and that loser guy, who now hates mary for "cheating" at USO

boooooooring

Loughyunijen
Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:55 AM
ok ......wheres Lindsay?? Shes not on euroshit!!!!!

Loughyunijen
Oct 23rd, 2005, 12:00 PM
ok....so the match has started its on serve at 1-1......but why is Euroshit NOT showing it!!!

Frederic
Oct 23rd, 2005, 12:02 PM
She will be on eurosport at 5 p.m (french hour) on international eurosport...

Loughyunijen
Oct 23rd, 2005, 12:32 PM
so 4pm for us guys in UK!

Andrew..
Oct 23rd, 2005, 12:51 PM
Lindsay leads 7-6 (5) 1-1.

Lindsay was up 5-3, but then down 0-40 on her serve at 5-6.

She just broke back for 1-1.

LindsayRulez
Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:16 PM
Lindsay's serving for the match now at 7-6(5), 5-3

Frederic
Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:20 PM
51st title!!! Stunning Lindsay!!!! 6th title of the year!!! Congratulations Lindsay!!!!

Andrew..
Lindsay won 7-6 6-3.

Good tournament. :)

LindsayRulez
And she won 7-6(5) 6-3...there were some nervy moments but she won it! What a great way to rebound from a bad US Open:

Bali TITLE #49
Filderstadt TITLE #50
Zurich TITLE #51

Let's go for titles #52 and #53 this year! Go home and get a good rest, Lindsay!

Andrew..
Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:25 PM
Apparently, Lindsay was pumping her fist and doing come-ons even after she shook hands with the umpire.

But, she doesn't care about being Year End #1. ;)

Good day. If Lindsay isn't the hottest player on tour right now, I don't know who is.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:34 PM
Apparently, Lindsay was pumping her fist and doing come-ons even after she shook hands with the umpire.

Good day. If Lindsay isn't the hottest player on tour right now, I don't know who is.

I agree with you Andrew I never really brought into the line that Lindsay doesn't care about the ranking. Well she's now in the box seat to end the year number 1 as Kim is playing a tier 3 and can't catch Lindsay even if she wins which may I add she should. But still a great win by the sounds of it could you post something about the match if you watched as I only watched a score and I'm going bed before I fall asleep at my computer. would like to read a fan account of the match if someone could do that I would be greatful.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
Revenge is best served cold.
:devil:

and isn't it sweet too. :worship::bounce:

Elldee
Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Damn the YEC surface. I still hope she can win! :D

!<blocparty>!
Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
She saved three SP's in the first with amazing play, after almost choking it away herself. Second set was sloppy in comparison to the high level of play in the first.

Fourth title since her injury comeback this year :yeah: What do the courts play like in Philly?

BMP
Oct 23rd, 2005, 02:03 PM
Yes!!! 51th title is won! Lindsay, congrats! 7:6 (7:5) 6:3. The match was a bit nervous, both Patty & Lindsay kept on making errors. Good thing that Lindsay was able to make up her mind and play more accurately in the second set. And she won! YAY! The result is great! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/grinser/grinning-smiley-043.gif

DENNYLEG
Oct 23rd, 2005, 02:07 PM
Congratulations Lindsay! :worship: :bounce: :wavey:

Ty-Ty
Oct 23rd, 2005, 02:11 PM
Wow. What an impressive week from Lindsay. Saving match points and set points galore and coming from behind and all.

:rocker2:

Ty-Ty
Oct 23rd, 2005, 02:13 PM

Really? :eek: I don't think I've ver heard a Lindasy come on.

Now I have to see that match.

chewy
Oct 23rd, 2005, 02:14 PM
ive been to every thread abt lindsay winning n cheering, gotta come n post my last CONGRATS LINDSAY! :D