PDA

View Full Version : Moscow 2:nd round - Mary vs Penetta

sebbe
Oct 11th, 2005, 10:13 AM
It's a tough draw and a tough match. Penetta just reached the quater last week in Filderstadt and on route to that she beat Justine. She beat Dechy today which is also a good results for her.

This match could be a tough one for Mary but I think she will win in two straight sets. She said that her goal for this tournament is to win so I hope she has alot of confidence and that she is in great shape. The only problem is that Mary hasn't played a tournament for a while so.

But Go Mary!!!

flea
Oct 11th, 2005, 10:43 AM
IThe only problem is that Mary hasn't played a tournament for a while so.
Yes, she hasn't played during 3 weeks, but she hadn't played before Wimbledon (2 weeks), San Diego (1 month!!) and US Open (3 weeks) ;) :drool:

suzie
Oct 11th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Go Mary!

DomenicDemaria
Oct 11th, 2005, 10:50 AM
It's gonna be tough. The first match is always the toughest. It's also gonna be toug coz Flavia has been playing well and Mary is good friend with Flavia!! It is always hard to play a friend!

Mark Spruce
Oct 11th, 2005, 11:32 AM
GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She can do it.

One match at a time

Mark

Andy.
Oct 11th, 2005, 01:10 PM
She should have too much power and confidence for Penneta this shouls be a straight sets match, Good luck Mary

Scotso
Oct 11th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Flavia really has nothing to trouble Mary, it should be a routine win. But, Mary might be a little rusty.

vanillalatte
Oct 11th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Allez Mary! :woohoo:

sebbe
Oct 11th, 2005, 03:40 PM
First out tomorrow!!

------------

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Central court

Start Time 11:00 Women, Singles, Main Draw
(3) Mary Pierce (FRA) vs Flavia Pennetta (ITA)

saby
Oct 11th, 2005, 03:51 PM
it's a good surface for Mary's game, her power is at her maximum, i think Mary will handle Flavia, but, it's the first match of Mary and the second for Flavia....so Mary will have to be very concentrate

pierce_fanatic
Oct 11th, 2005, 03:52 PM
I think it'll be a tough match for Mary considering she hasnt played for a few weeks but hopefully she can pull through and make it through to the quarters (?)

Good Luck Mary ! :worship:

atoutix
Oct 11th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Come on Mary !!!!!! :worship:

Frenchragazzo
Oct 11th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Allez Mary !! :) :)

The top 5 is for you !!!

Janela TeddyBear
Oct 11th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Hello, guys! I'll be at the kremlin cup tomorrow and I'll cheer for Mary for all of you!!! =)=)=) Mary's the best! Hope to get her signature and maybe say something to her...ohwaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :-) I'm gonna bring up the photos If i can.

timafi
Oct 11th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Hello, guys! I'll be at the kremlin cup tomorrow and I'll cheer for Mary for all of you!!! =)=)=) Mary's the best! Hope to get her signature and maybe say something to her...ohwaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :-) I'm gonna bring up the photos If i can.
after coming back from injruy Mary will take so much time serving,Flavia will ask for pasta to hang herself
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sebbe
Oct 11th, 2005, 08:04 PM
it's a good surface for Mary's game, her power is at her maximum, i think Mary will handle Flavia, but, it's the first match of Mary and the second for Flavia....so Mary will have to be very concentrate

I really don't think that this surface is that good for Mary against someone like Pennetta. The swedish commentator said that this surface is quite slow and I guess Mary's game suits best on a fast court. Pennetta will maybe be able to get some more balls back with this surface. But I guess we have to wait and see ;)

sebbe
Oct 11th, 2005, 08:09 PM
I'm really curious if Mary is gonna wear something different then usual:D

saby
Oct 11th, 2005, 08:51 PM
The swedish commentator said that this surface is quite slow and I guess Mary's game suits best on a fast court.

Slow !! isn't it usualy faster, i remember when Mary won Moscow the surface was not slow!! :confused: I'm kind of lost did they change it?

You know what, whatever if it's slow or faster, before I would have worry about it but not with the "new Mary" she moves like she never did, she is faster like never in the past so i'm confident...:angel: I would have prefer that Mary play a match before Pennetta but she is a champ it's not the first time, she will make it and she will win Moscow !!!:worship:

stenen
Oct 11th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Slow !! isn't it usualy faster, i remember when Mary won Moscow the surface was not slow!! :confused: I'm kind of lost did they change it?

You know what, whatever if it's slow or faster, before I would have worry about it but not with the "new Mary" she moves like she never did, she is faster like never in the past so i'm confident...:angel: I would have prefer that Mary play a match before Pennetta but she is a champ it's not the first time, she will make it and she will win Moscow !!!:worship:

The surface is supreme indoors. Supreme can be manufactured to your choice of court speeds, but most players prefer "medium." Tour officials describe medium Supreme as "not too fast and not too slow - a surface that rewards a good shot."
Supreme combines the best elements of hard courts, clay courts, and grass. The bounce is true (hard courts), dropshots are effective (grass), and spins are rewarded (clay courts). With Supreme, you get the best of three surfaces in one!

sebbe
Oct 11th, 2005, 10:26 PM

Yeah she(the commentator) said that this year it was pretty slow. But I agree with you....it doesn't matter it it is slow or fast, she can do it on all surfaces;).

Andy.
Oct 11th, 2005, 11:52 PM
I'm really curious if Mary is gonna wear something different then usual:D

I hope she does i want her to dazzle us with a new creation