PDA

View Full Version : Robbie tells media to back off Kate

JuchuKai
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:19 PM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/07102005/344/robbie-tells-media-kate.html

Robbie tells media to back off Kate
Friday October 7, 05:05 PM

Robbie Williams has launched an attack on the British media for "devouring" Kate Moss over her drug-taking scandal.

Speaking at a press conference in Berlin ahead of his sell-out gig at the German city's Velodrome arena, he described the model as an "absolute icon" and said she had done nothing wrong.

The 31-year-old pop sensation, whose new album Intensive Care is released later this month, said the media should put their knives away and "get off her ******* back".

Williams said: "I think the media have got a lot to answer for. We're talking about a woman who has never harmed anyone or hurt anyone, and who has never pretended to be anyone she isn't.

"Some people in various media groups who I have personally taken cocaine with are now talking about her and saying she shouldn't do it.

"I have done cocaine with these people and, the way they have so much power over people's lives, it wouldn't have surprised me if she had tried to commit suicide the week that everything hit the papers."

The singer said he believed the media "had their knives out" ready to "devour" anyone who put a foot wrong.

He said: "She is an absolute icon, she's beautiful. Every time I have met her she has been really lovely to me and I think people should just get off her ******* back.

"She's done nothing wrong. What she does in her private life should be her private life.

"I hope she does well, I believe she's in rehab at the moment and I wish her well. I have been to rehab, it's not fun. I hope she's OK in there and I hope she gets better."

hablo
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:22 PM
thanks for calling out the hypocrites, Robbie!! :bowdown:

skanky~skanketta
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:24 PM
she's done nothing wrong?

what an idiot. sorry robbie, when u become a celeb, ur private life goes out the window unless YOU are careful. i think people are being extra harsh because she has a child. it shows extreme irresponsibility.

JuchuKai
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:42 PM

She's done nothing wrong that she should be publically accused of in a way like it happened.

I don't think Robbie meant that cocaine is a good thing. She just doesn't deserve that kind of threatment she got from the media.

Black Mamba.
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:11 PM
All I know is that when you're a celeb the media is a two headed monster. When you're on top they usually love you and praise you, but as soon as you're down they come at you like a pack of wolves. I guess the price of fame is that when you mess up it gets magnified times 10.

SelesFan70
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:56 PM
She was wrong, but the media is always going to be hypocrites. :o

harloo
Oct 7th, 2005, 09:13 PM
What I don't like about celebrities is the fact that they love the press when they have something to promote and things are going great. However as soon as they get caught up in some shit they hate the media. If you are not going to do your sniffing in private then don't get mad when someone catches you.

I don't feel sorry for Kate. As a celebrity she should at least be a bit more responsible if she going to do drugs. Everyone knows how the paparazzi preys on stars for dirt.

Robbie needs to worry about his album sales because he's not that hot anymore.:tape: :lol:

JuchuKai
Oct 7th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Robbie needs to worry about his album sales because he's not that hot anymore.:tape: :lol:

I think he's hotter than ever before :p

Paneru
Oct 7th, 2005, 10:11 PM

what an idiot. sorry robbie, when u become a celeb, ur private life goes out the window unless YOU are careful. i think people are being extra harsh because she has a child. it shows extreme irresponsibility.

Funny, because crackhead nobody's can openly
use, evryone knows it(police included), have kids out their ass,
and no one gives a shit to help those children. That is until the
kids have been neglected to the point of needing medical attention.
Ofcourse, that after the mother's been no where in sight for four days
and one old lady finally ask's the kids where their mother is and then
calls child protection services.

Moral of the story, until you're the child
of a somebody nobody seems to give a rats ass!

Isn't life grand!

BigB08822
Oct 7th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Well of course he wants them to back, he wants to make it OK for celebrities to do cocaine since he does it so much.

harloo
Oct 7th, 2005, 11:11 PM
I think he's hotter than ever before :p

:lol: ;)

Andy.
Oct 7th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Poor Kate i feel so sorry for her, good one Robbie

JuchuKai
Oct 8th, 2005, 12:05 AM
What I don't like about celebrities is the fact that they love the press when they have something to promote and things are going great. However as soon as they get caught up in some shit they hate the media. If you are not going to do your sniffing in private then don't get mad when someone catches you.

But you have to a make a difference. I don't think celebreties like those trash papers a.k.a The Sun, Daily Mirror and so on that much. Those don't really promote the artists' work. They're only intense is to sell papers and they're doing it by invading into the people's private lifes. Of course artists love music magazines, movie magazines or any other kind of culturally focussed magazines to promote their work but that's a different type of media.

Kart
Oct 8th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Robbie is no paragon of virtue to dole out criticism of anybody.

I agree with him to an extent but let's face it - he wouldn't be making these comments if he didn't have a new album out :yawn:.

Avid Merrion
Oct 8th, 2005, 01:09 AM
the papers are only on Kate's back because she recently took legal action against them when they accused her of being a cokehead. she won significant damages.

aint karma a bitch Kate? especially when it's got photographic evidence? :lol:
http://www.perezhilton.com/topics/katemosss.jpg

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 8th, 2005, 03:52 AM
Good for him. I agree that she's done nothing (terribly) wrong.