PDA

View Full Version : Mary will play Kremlin Cup !!!!

flea
Oct 7th, 2005, 12:51 PM
MOSCOW, Oct 7 (Reuters) - Wimbledon champion Venus Williams has pulled out of next week's Kremlin Cup with a knee injury, tournament organisers said on Friday.

The American has not played since pulling out injured of last month's China Open.

The former world number one has been troubled by various injuries throughout her career.

Williams, who was seeded third at the $2.3 million tournament which begins at Moscow's Olympic sports complex on Monday, will be replaced by French Open and U.S. Open finalist Mary Pierce.

World number one Maria Sharapova, who will be making her Kremlin Cup debut, is the top seed followed by France's Amelie Mauresmo.

Williams's withdrawal is the latest blow for organisers after Australian Open champion and home favourite Marat Safin withdrew with the same problem.

The world number five has not fully recovered from a ligament tear in his left knee that has troubled him since Wimbledon and forced him to miss the U.S. Open.

ALLEZ MARY !!!!! :bounce:

Andy.
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:56 PM
This is great news. Being the number 3 seed is awesome. Good luck Mary

Jackaboo
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Great news! I hope this means that Mary must be feeling pretty good, rested physically and mentally, and hopefully all her fatigue and body aches from her amazing run this summer are gone!

pierce_fanatic
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:09 PM
woooooooooohoooooooooo :bounce: :bounce:

Good Luck Mary !! Playing all these tournaments should secure her a birth in the YEC !!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Lu_Weird
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Go Mary!!!

~Poseidon~
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Well, Moscow and Zurich, win it, and you are Top 3. :D

Oermi
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Good Luck, Mary!
Have fun :D

Lu_Weird
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:52 PM
By the way...is the draw come out?? I am very expetcting

atoutix
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Thanksssss Flea this is a very good news !!!!! :drool:

Mark Spruce
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:55 PM
GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Janela TeddyBear
Oct 7th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Yes! Yes!!!! Oh my god, you know I even lost my hope she'll play in Moscow. But now - oh wow that's cool. Sorry, cannot think, my feelings are stronger than thoughts. I will go for sure to see at least one of her matches, hope that i'll take pics and then i could share them with you!!!!!

Btw, do you know what day she's going to play and with whom? I guess I will have to say bye-bye to my university for the week...hehe...;)

Mary is great, and with our support she will Do the Kremlin for sure, as she did before. Hope dies last:):):) GO MARY!!!!!

rsunderji
Oct 7th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Yes! Go Mary

saby
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:52 PM
yes it's a very good news!!

sebbe
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:40 PM
I'm so thrilled about this. I've missed Mary for a while now. Go Mary!!

Scotso
Oct 7th, 2005, 11:03 PM
:bounce:

JMC
Oct 8th, 2005, 01:58 AM
:rolleyes: Waoh this time i am gonna die of pleasure and excitment :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Come on MARY fight and kick some ass :devil:

YOU CAN DO IT ONCE AGAIN :hearts:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :wavey:

Edman
Oct 8th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Mary, you will be the 3rd seed

i am so excited~

ClaudiaZ-S
Oct 8th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Tier I ===== pts

Lu_Weird
Oct 8th, 2005, 02:30 PM