PDA

View Full Version : Why do Punkass people engage in an activity only to discredit it afterwards?

"Sluggy"
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Im talking about this guy:

« J’ai tué des Irakiens innocents »
Jimmy Massey Sergent- chef pendant l’opération Iraqi Freedom. Quel est le sens de votre démarche en écrivant votre livre, Kill Kill Kill ? Je voulais sensibiliser le monde autour des atrocité s commises sur la population irakienne. Et me réconcilier avec moi- même. Je suis rest é trois mois en Irak, au début de la guerre en 2003. J’y suis allé avec le sentiment d’avoir une mission : aider les Irakiens. Ce n’est qu’après que je me suis rendu compte que nous n’étions là que pour le pétrole.
Dans votre ouvrage, qui n’a pas trouvé d’éditeur aux Etats- Unis, vous parlez de « crimes de guerre » commis par les Américains… Le terme est choisi. Les choses ont dérapé quand nous avons reçu un rapport des services secrets affirmant que tous les Irakiens étaient des terroristes potentiels. Les marines sont devenus nerveux et ont eu la gâchette facile. J’ai moi aussi tué des civils innocents. Ce sont des crimes de guerre car il s’est avéré qu’ils n’avaient ni armes ni explosifs.
Est- ce à ce moment que vous avez quitté l’armée ? Oui. J’ai alors souffert de ce qu’on appelle un stress posttraumatique. En décembr e 2003, j’ai été « honorablement rendu à la vie civile » .
Comment ont réagi vos collègues de l’armée ? On a essayé de me faire passer pour un objecteur de conscience, un délateur, c e qui est passible de prison.
Ancien recruteur pour l’armée, vous faites aujourd’hui partie d’un mouvement de « contre- recrutement » . L’armée, qui peine désormais à recruter, écume les abri s des victimes des cyclone s Rita et Katrina pour courtiser des jeunes gens démunis, à qui les militaires promettent des tas de choses. Moi, je vais dans les écoles et les lycées pour raconter ce que j’ai vu et vécu. Pour que les jeunes sachent vraiment ce qu’est cette guerre.
Comment réagissent- ils ? Beaucoup se doutaient que cela se passait comme ça, mais c’est la première fois que quelqu’un leur dit vraiment. L’Amérique ouvre à peine les yeux sur les exactions que nous commettons en Irak.
Recueilli par Faustine Vincent Kill Kills Kill , Jimmy Massey avec Natasha Saulnier, 398 p.,
Ed. Panama, 2005, 22 euros.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S. POUZET / 20 MINUTES

He went willingly into the army, he knows that EVERYTHING that happens in the army could be potentially sensitive to the countrys image and morale. And then he goes and talks shit about it. All soldiers are under stress and can makes mistakes. Now he gets to make money off this shit with his little diary. NO disrespect to you officer but i dont buy it. STFU.

"Sluggy"
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:01 AM
To me its like asking to kiss a girl and then telling everyone she's a bad kisser. You know she could have bad technique, have eaten onions that day or just not be into it. Same thing with sports, war or really any activity. YOu KNOW you can get trigger happy, anybody can. You are afraid, you dont want to die. Why is this fuck allowed to write a book about him. Fuck his post-tramautic-stress disorder, let him spend 5 minutes with me on a bad day and I'll give him Post-tramautic-Stress. AAAAAH, i feel better now.

controlfreak
Oct 7th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Surely any book teling people not to join the army is a good thing?

Maybe he's a professional writer and he planned the entire book before joining up to the killing squads in the name of research...

"Sluggy"
Oct 7th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Surely any book teling people not to join the army is a good thing?

Are you saying its a good thing or not? i dont understand. Joining the army is not intrinsically a bad thing. We can explore this if you like. :)

Maybe he's a professional writer and he planned the entire book before joining up to the killing squads in the name of research...

Exactly, what a fucking whore. Why would you enter any institution with the intention of hurting it and the people who join it? If you dont like it mind your fucking business and dont join. but dont become a freaking seargant, in a war. You know that people die, you know soldiers make mistakes, they made them in vietnam, the french did autrociities in Algeria, etc, this guy is a fucking mole. I dont like it. he sets a bad example for people who are supposed to STFU. :fiery:

SelesFan70
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:09 PM
To me its like asking to kiss a girl and then telling everyone she's a bad kisser. You know she could have bad technique, have eaten onions that day or just not be into it. Same thing with sports, war or really any activity. YOu KNOW you can get trigger happy, anybody can. You are afraid, you dont want to die. Why is this fuck allowed to write a book about him. Fuck his post-tramautic-stress disorder, let him spend 5 minutes with me on a bad day and I'll give him Post-tramautic-Stress. AAAAAH, i feel better now.

:lol: People are crazy. Maybe he's just a big pussy.

"Sluggy"
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah!

*JR*
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Calm down Paul, you're not in America anymore! :lol: Anyhow, the Army is running a TV commercial to recruit reservists (Guard and Reserve targets not being met due to the likeliehood of winding up in the Vietnam Iraq War) with a teenage boy telling his father about the great educational benefits. And the ad ends with a tagline across the screen like "Give them the strength" or something, in effect urging impressionable kids to tell their parents not to worry. @ least let the fuckers in the Pentagon have the kid say he wants to fight for freedom or whatever, instead of using such shameless spin! :rolleyes:

griffin
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:19 PM
:lol: People are crazy. Maybe he's just a big pussy.

Or maybe reality turned out to feel a whole lot different from the myth?

Granted, my french sucks, so I may be missing something, but it's far from uncommon to have your feelings about something change over time and experience.

Helen Lawson
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I know what you mean, hon, but I sort of have the view that if he did the time, he should be able to talk however he wants about it because he was there. I mean, a lot of Car Key Boi's "lefty-tards" are running around trashing the military and the war. At least this guy is speaking based on first hand experience. It's like all these people criticizing the Motion Picture Academy for being "too political" and stuff. How the hell would they know? It's ME who's been through the process (FIVE times, no less), not some twerp entertainment reporter.

I'm not sure, though, how this guy is going to hurt recruiting, I mean, most military recruits in America can't read French and don't read French publications. ;)

"Sluggy"
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Calm down Paul, you're not in America anymore! :lol:

I know, Im outta touch. :)

Anyhow, the Army is running a TV commercial to recruit reservists (Guard and Reserve targets not being met due to the likeliehood of winding up in the Vietnam Iraq War) with a teenage boy telling his father about the great educational benefits. And the ad ends with a tagline across the screen like "Give them the strength" or something, in effect urging impressionable kids to tell their parents not to worry. @ least let the fuckers in the Pentagon have the kid say he wants to fight for freedom or whatever, instead of using such shameless spin! :rolleyes:

I understand all that. I just dont get why, in a non-draft situation, is a person allowed to get a book published like this. When you join the army on your own accord, you assume the risks, you know that innocents are going to get killed. Why not we all become authors and reveal sensitive information about our life experience, and get paid for it, despite the fact that it might embarass, hurt others, and hurt the nation?

SelesFan70
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:33 PM

Granted, my french sucks, so I may be missing something, but it's far from uncommon to have your feelings about something change over time and experience.

Point well-taken, Griffin...indeed. :wavey:

PaulieM
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:55 PM

that's my sense of it too. from the way i understand it i don't think he's doing anything terribly wrong. he went into the army, realized that the experience was totally different from anything he expected and isn't so sure that he's buys into what people are being fed anymore, and now he's sharing his story. he's hardly committing a crime :shrug: as for the morale of other soldiers, eh that doesn't really cut it for me as a reason not do what he's doing. if you believe strongly enough in what you are fighting for then fine, but don't expect everyone to pretend that they believe in it as well just to protect your morale. they are there experiencing it and no doubt are forming their own opinions regardless of what other people say. and once they are done with their time in the military or whatever they can come back and feel free to complain about it like this guy or praise their mission to their hearts content as well.:shrug:

controlfreak
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Are you saying its a good thing or not? i dont understand. Joining the army is not intrinsically a bad thing. We can explore this if you like. :)

Yes, I'm saying the book is a good thing, and joining armies is a bad thing. I'm anti-armies. Well, specifically, armies that have weapons. If I had my own country, I might have an army, but I wouldn't let them have any weapons. They'd be a pacifist army. They would be trained like other armies, but instead of learning how to attack I would give them the day off to drink beer and eat pizza. They could help out in national disasters and uprisings of the population and suchlike, but they would be unable to participate in war. If my country was ever attacked or invaded (not that such a thing should happen in this day and age) they would do their best to defend it using spoons and assorted sporting equipment, but in truth we would be pretty much fucked. Hopefully some other country would help us out on that one. On the plus side, they'd never kill anyone so when they died they'd all go straight to heaven (although such antiquated religious beliefs would be largely mocked in my forward-thinking nation).

:wavey: