PDA

View Full Version : "I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, George, go and fight..."

BUBI
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:45 AM
:scared:

President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan. And I did, and then God would tell me, George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq... And I did."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4317498.stm

sixfeetfree
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:49 AM
:scared:

President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan. And I did, and then God would tell me, George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq... And I did."

If you're going to post it, post both sides...

"The White House has dismissed as "absurd" allegations made in a BBC TV series that President Bush claimed God told him to invade Iraq.
"He's never made such comments," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said.

The comments were attributed to Mr Bush by the Palestinian negotiator Nabil Shaath in the upcoming TV series Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs.

Mr Shaath said that in a 2003 meeting with Mr Bush, the US president said he was "driven with a mission from God".

BUBI
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:52 AM
I think it's truly scary that the most powerful man in the world talks this way.

sixfeetfree
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:53 AM
I think it's truly scary that the most powerful man in the world talks this way.
You forgot to use the word "allegedly"...

But if he did say it, I agree wholeheartedly. Just keep in mind the source, a Palestinian negotiator who wants what is best for the Palestinians saying "the most powerful man in the world said this..." His word against his.

BUBI
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:00 AM
You forgot to use the word "allegedly"...

But if he did say it, I agree wholeheartedly.
Good. I don't think this is the first time he's saying something like that, just another example...

rebel_ffighter
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:11 AM
I think he believes he is a new Joan of Arc!He must bare in mind though that she was killed for making statements like that!

fifiricci
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:22 AM
I can see why our American friend poster in here wants to play this down and the comments may not be true.

What the US must take seriously though is the readiness with which, not Muslim exremists, but many ordinary western european white "christians" like myself are prepared to believe that Georgie Bush did say those things and how repulsive many ordinary people like me find this man. If this story makes OUR blood boil, imagine what it will do to the people of Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries, with justification!!

Who the fuck does he think he is? Someone compared him to Joan of Arc and if I were Joan of Arc I'd be well insulted.

All I hope is that the CIA or someone else puts into action whatever plan it has on the shelf for getting rid of the US president. This man is the greatest threat to world peace since Hitler.

Erika_Angel
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:25 AM
If you actually read the article, the quote is from a person who said that Bush said that. That is not a direct quote from Bush, and the white house denies it was ever said. This is basically here-say, that's all it is.

fifiricci
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:42 AM
If you actually read the article, the quote is from a person who said that Bush said that. That is not a direct quote from Bush, and the white house denies it was ever said. This is basically here-say, that's all it is.

Your post misses the point mine was making. This issue isn't about the truth and never has been. The original invasion of Iraq was based on a lie that US and UK politicians used to placate their electorates. The UK electorate, being far more cynical and less prone to believe propaganda than our american cousins, soon saw through that and our government got a drubbing.

Unfortunately, this didnt seem to happen to the same extent in the US.

This whole issue is rather about belief or, for many, disbelief. Unfortunately, the US has to accept that millions of people all over the world, many of them ordinary white moderate "christians", just cannot have any belief or credibility in Bush. He's a whining propaganda machine and a lot of us are incredulous that the American people still believe or trust him.

Erika_Angel
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Your post misses the point mine was making. This issue isn't about the truth and never has been. The original invasion of Iraq was based on a lie that US and UK politicians used to placate their electorates. The UK electorate, being far more cynical and less prone to believe propaganda than our american cousins, soon saw through that and our government got a drubbing.

This whole issue is rather about belief or, for many, disbelief. Unfortunately, the US has to accept that millions of people all over the world, many of them ordinary white moderate "christians", just cannot have any belief or credibility in Bush. He's a whining propaganda machine and a lot of us are incredulous that the American people still believe or trust him.

My post wasn't in response to your's hence my lack of quoting your post.
I was just making a general statement about the thread starters original post and especially the topic name.

fifiricci
Oct 7th, 2005, 09:44 AM
My post wasn't in response to your's hence my lack of quoting your post.
I was just making a general statement about the thread starters original post and especially the topic name.

Oops, okay, sorry! I was getting a tad self obsessed there! :kiss:

marmite1
Oct 7th, 2005, 09:54 AM

I agree with that. The text in bold is the main point really. We all make mistakes. We all sometimes believe what we are told by the Government. But, when you find out it isnt true you start to distrust the government. That hasnt happened in America. This is why much of Europe are confused about the American people. The American people seem a bit gullible to be honest.

Szymanowski
Oct 7th, 2005, 10:57 AM
If this guy's going to use religion as part of his argument he should stick to the fundamental basics at least of religion. All major religions accept peace as the best way, and they reject fighting.

The man's a **** if he thinks he is right to talk this way. It's like he's saying: I'm a man of God, but I make the rules. Good and bad don't matter.

And ok; if Bush didn't actually say this stuff, fair enough, but I've heard him arguing long these lines often enough.

Idiot.

*Karen*
Oct 7th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Its just like what the terrorist claim. They do it for Allah or whoever

Paneru
Oct 7th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Its just like what the terrorist claim. They do it for Allah or whoever

They're all in the same boat.

They do their shit and then justify
it by bringing their God into.

Sadly, so many fall for
this load of bullshit.

Infiniti2001
Oct 7th, 2005, 12:25 PM
More proof Bush should be institutionalized :o :tape:

Lord Nelson
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Well how many of the Palestinians including Nabil Shaat are driven by God. Shaat is a hypocrite because Palestinians routinely say they act out in God's name. In any case we only have Shaat's word here which really means nothing.

fifiricci
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Well how many of the Palestinians including Nabil Shaat are driven by God. Shaat is a hypocrite because Palestinians routinely say they act out in God's name. In any case we only have Shaat's word here which really means nothing.

There's a vast difference between "acting in God's name" and "God speaking to you"!! I think you're a Brit, so if you remember, Peter Sutcliffe claimed that he only killed all those prostitutes because God told him to .................. need I go further?

Lord Nelson
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:48 PM
I can see why our American friend poster in here wants to play this down and the comments may not be true.

What the US must take seriously though is the readiness with which, not Muslim exremists, but many ordinary western european white "christians" like myself are prepared to believe that Georgie Bush did say those things and how repulsive many ordinary people like me find this man. If this story makes OUR blood boil, imagine what it will do to the people of Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries, with justification!!

Who the fuck does he think he is? Someone compared him to Joan of Arc and if I were Joan of Arc I'd be well insulted.

All I hope is that the CIA or someone else puts into action whatever plan it has on the shelf for getting rid of the US president. This man is the greatest threat to world peace since Hitler.Not all European Christians are white. I'm a Christian and as you see I don't put the word in quatation marks like you do. Nice to see you believe any story. It could be true but it could be false too. In any case Nabil said that Bush wants the Israeli-Palestinian issue to be solved. No, I'm not British I'm Swiss/Indian. I chose Lord Nelson because it was the first name that came to my mind.

alfonsojose
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:22 PM
He means GOD as Giant Oil Deposit :tape:

fifiricci
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Not all European Christians are white. I'm a Christian and as you see I don't put the word in quatation marks like you do. Nice to see you believe any story. It could be true but it could be false too. In any case Nabil said that Bush wants the Israeli-Palestinian issue to be solved. No, I'm not British I'm Swiss/Indian. I chose Lord Nelson because it was the first name that came to my mind.

I dont think I suggested that all christians are white and I put christian in quotes because I am one technically (confirmed into the Church of England), but I don't "practise". I get the impression I have offended you in some way because you sound very defensive now. If so, I apologise that was not the intention.

I was merely making points about "people like me" , ie "white european christians" and I didn't assume to speak for other creeds and colours.

ivanovic
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:26 PM
The bottom line is, is that Buch is an unintelligent, self rightous cold dumb human being and I would not be surprised if he hears vioces in his head telling him to kill innocent people.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:39 PM
i cant believe people actually voted for this idiot.

alfonsojose
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:40 PM
The bottom line is, is that Buch is an unintelligent, self rightous cold dumb human being and I would not be surprised if he hears vioces in his head telling him to kill innocent people.
and the saddest part, millions of dumbs believe him :speakles:

ivanovic
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:55 PM
and the saddest part, millions of dumbs believe him :speakles:

mostly americans :p

Grachka
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:43 PM
It wouldn't be such a problem (God speaking to him) if a) he wasn't the US President and b) God wasn't telling him to go and wreak havoc everywhere.

tennisbum79
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:49 PM

You may well be right about this not being a direct quote. However I am disturbed by the fact that a sizeable number of christian fundamentalists believe that Bush was sent by God to free the World. In other words, he is on God mission. It is enforced by the notion that the 2 wars have been cast as good vs. evil. He constantly call his enemies evil doers.
In addition, some of the top generals fighting this war are christian fundamenlist and do not hesitate to cast this as crusade.

Although he may not have said as quoted in the article, he's come close to saying it when speaking to the christian groups. He constanlty states his adminsitration mission is to free people around the world and spread freedom.

I actually know people who voted for him on the basis that what he is doing what is in God's plan. These rumors have been floating for some time now, never has anyone in the administration discouraged them until the BBC aired its program.

JustineTime
Oct 13th, 2005, 11:33 PM
i cant believe people actually voted for this idiot.

Look at the alternative: the uninspiring flip of a two-headed coin. :rolleyes:

And trust me, Kerry was TAILS! :eek: :tape:

:shrug:

RJWCapriati
Oct 14th, 2005, 01:17 AM
Bush = :retard:

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 14th, 2005, 01:24 AM
He means GOD as Giant Oil Deposit :tape:

This is actually quite funny. :lol:

wta_zuperfann
Oct 14th, 2005, 03:17 AM
the REAL Bush = http://www.bushorchimp.com :lol:

RVD
Oct 14th, 2005, 05:25 AM
the REAL Bush = http://www.bushorchimp.com :lol:http://www.bushorchimp.com/images/pic01.jpg http://www.bushorchimp.com/images/pic34.jpg
OH SHIT!! I can't stop laughing!!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: RIP!