PDA

View Full Version : Question to people living in kingdoms

propi
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Lol I didn't know what title could suit to my question :o
These of you living in a country ruled by a monarchy... do you like the fact of having a Royal family and all that surrounding them or you'd prefer living in a republic without it...
Do you like your royal family, their privileges, properties, etc??
Do you find it's fair in a modern state??
Thanks in advance :)

marmite1
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Our monarchy doesn't do much apart from spending our money and producing regular scandals. I wouldn't say I like or dislike the idea, Im sort of indifferent to it.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Heres a thread with some views on the British moarchy :)

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=174115

I made it a while back. But meh, it really doesn't make too much difference in the UK. It does generate a lot of tourism, though.

tennislover
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:28 PM
as some poster said some time ago, the British monarchy is a great touristic attraction for your country!
thanks to them UK draw billions of pounds every year from tourists......

Josh B.
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:05 PM
i hate having a royal family, we have to praise someone for sitting on their arse for their whole life just because she had ancestors who were ass kickers

good on the ncestors, but the queen reeps their rewards, and i dont think she should be there

marmite1
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:11 PM
We dont have to praise them. I certainly dont. Im not very patriotic to be honest.

Craigy
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I don't really care about it all :p

Helen Lawson
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Sarah, the Duchess of York, was my all-time favorite (former) royal.

marmite1
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Sarah, the Duchess of York, was my all-time favorite (former) royal.

Ferggy was a bit of alright :)

Josh
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:58 PM
I'm a republican but I know that in a country like Belgium a monarchy is a better solution.

Martian Willow
Oct 6th, 2005, 10:17 PM
There is a principle involved, in that British people are subjects of the monarchy. I would prefer to be a citizen. :)

marmite1
Oct 6th, 2005, 10:18 PM
There is a principle involved, in that British people are subjects of the monarchy. I would prefer to be a citizen. :)

It is tradition. However, the monarchies role has become redundant.

ivanovic
Oct 7th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Lol I didn't know what title could suit to my question :o
These of you living in a country ruled by a monarchy... do you like the fact of having a Royal family and all that surrounding them or you'd prefer living in a republic without it...
Do you like your royal family, their privileges, properties, etc??
Do you find it's fair in a modern state??
Thanks in advance :)

Well, most Australians seem to want a republis, however once the voting time comes majority sticks with the Monarchs :o :o . I'm pro-Republic I think Australia needs to be out on its own and become an independent country, we have a Queen that doesnt live here rarely visits our country and yet she can still Govern us in a way - through Governer General :mad: .
I dont think Australias alliance with the Poms would be damaged I just think our independence is vital - to me the Queen is just annoying with her annoying wave and her cups of tea :lol: we want a President.