PDA

View Full Version : UPN extends 'Chris' order

Rocketta
Oct 5th, 2005, 11:33 PM
UPN extends 'Chris' order

By Andrew WallensteinWed Oct 5, 2:11 PM ET

UPN said Wednesday it has ordered an additional nine episodes of "Everybody Hates Chris," its new hit comedy loosely based on the rough-and-tumble childhood of comedian Chris Rock.

With 13 episodes already ordered for the fall, that brings "Chris" to a full season. It marks the second new comedy to get the full 22 this season; NBC gave the go-ahead to the "back nine" for "My Name Is Earl" on Tuesday.

"Chris" has helped put UPN on the map in the competitive Thursday 8 p.m. time period, averaging 6.9 million total viewers and a 4.2 rating and 7 share in households in its first two weeks on the air. Though "Chris" dropped a significant 22% in total viewers and 25% in 18-49 from its premiere, the series has helped UPN launch a new slate on Thursday, improving the night by 19% in its target demo, adults 18-34.

"The early ratings results for 'Chris' have been very encouraging, and we're thrilled with the overwhelmingly positive response that we continue to get from the press, the advertisers, the creative community and our viewers," said Dawn Ostroff, president of UPN. "We're now in production on our 11th episode, and from what we've seen and read, this wonderful series maintains its incredibly high-standard of quality and the best days still lie ahead."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Rocketta
Oct 5th, 2005, 11:33 PM
:woohoo: Go head Chris Rock! :bounce: :bounce:

SelesFan70
Oct 6th, 2005, 01:36 AM
It's a good show. I just hope it can keep the audience. Usually when TV critics like a show it bombs, but let's hope this one is the exception.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 6th, 2005, 01:52 AM
:)

Diesel
Oct 6th, 2005, 01:55 AM
:yeah:

Rocketta
Oct 6th, 2005, 05:27 AM
It's a good show. I just hope it can keep the audience. Usually when TV critics like a show it bombs, but let's hope this one is the exception.

we'll see...it's gotten off to a very strong start. :)