PDA

View Full Version : Why Is WTAworld Predominately Gay?

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Or do you think it is? It seems so. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm just curious. Does anyone out there have a theory?

Ceze
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:27 PM
I think the same but I have no theory :shrug: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=290#)

Cariaoke
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:32 PM
considering this board has over 20k members, the amount of gay people isn't really that much.

I think it's really the banned who try to come up with a new personality so they won't be found out that is really the problem. :o

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:35 PM
considering this board has over 20k members, the amount of gay people isn't really that much.

I think it's really the banned who try to come up with a new personality so they won't be found out that is really the problem. :o
Really?? That seems rather hard to do. I give a lot of credit to Helen Lawson for staying in character for every single post. You have to have a lot of concentration and talent or be schizo. :p However, to come up with a new personality and stay in that personality that is not natural to you would seem to me to be difficult, day in and day out.

Helen Lawson
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Gay people are smarter and therefore can get away with wasting more time on the Internet while at work.

Mase
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Gay people are smarter and therefore can get away with wasting more time on the Internet while at work.

:haha::haha:

Too funny!!

griffin
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:39 PM
I don't think we are predominantly gay, and imo I don't think the percentage of lgbt people here is that much higher than it is in the general population. But the lgbt folks on this board are far more likely to be out than the "IRL" population, and I think that creates the impression of a comparitivly larger population.

Cariaoke
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Really?? That seems rather hard to do. I give a lot of credit to Helen Lawson for staying in character for every single post. You have to have a lot of concentration and talent or be schizo. :p However, to come up with a new personality and stay in that personality that is not natural to you would seem to me to be difficult, day in and day out.
you'd be surprised... ;) :tape:

they usually get found out though.

and like I said, 50 or so gay people that post regularly out of a 20k population doesn't seem like much to me. but if people are straight they don't need to say "i'm straight" over and over again because people naturally assume they're straight.

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I don't think we are predominantly gay, and imo I don't think the percentage of lgbt people here is that much higher than it is in the general population. But the lgbt folks on this board are far more likely to be out than the "IRL" population, and I think that creates the impression of a comparitivly larger population.
lgbt = ?
IRL = ?

Cariaoke
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:54 PM
lgbt-lesbian/gay/bi/transsex
irl- in real life

~{X}~
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:54 PM
lgbt = ?
IRL = ?

LGBT= Lesbian,Gay,Bisexual,Transexual

IRL= In Real Life :D

AjdeNate!
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Gays post here? :scared:

Helen Lawson
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Gays post here? :scared:

When they're not falling all over themselves posting about Bette, Joan, and me on ampasworld.com, they do post here.

I guess this message board is as mysterious as my status as mid-level gay icon. When I was the Queen of Hollywood (my reign lasted from about 1952-1960), my distaste for, and dislike of, gay or effiminate men was well-known, and I took no steps to dispel such. But now they can't get enough of me for some reason. It's a crazy world, hon, and now I'm getting big royalty and residuals from Logo showing so many of my films, so you don't question life's big mysteries, you just go with the flow,hon.

Stamp Paid
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I dont know, I would have to ask Knizzle.

SelesFan70
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:06 PM

:tape:

SelesFan70
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Honey, it's women's tennis... :lol:

Stamp Paid
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:12 PM
:tape:

Its an inside joke, its not what you think.

SelesFan70
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Its an inside joke, its not what you think.

:o Well..it wouldn't surprise me...nothing surprises me anymore.

jimbo mack
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:21 PM
1 in 10-15 people are gay, so don't be too curious

charmedRic
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:27 PM

w00t w00t. *lol* :lol:

Ceze
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Denise...you know, I reckon its something to do with you being a sensationally good fag-hag :drool:

It's the old 'pigeons around the bread' mentality. Denise 4295, you are attracting these gays like flies here, you are just too damn FABULOUS :hearts:.

Sweet.I dont think it's the reason becoz from my own experience, I'd say that half the people who spontaneously msn or pm me are gay. I don't care about it, but it's a fact! I really think there are more gay people here than outside the wtaworld board! But I don't know why:shrug: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=290#)

Knizzle
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:53 PM

You motherfucker.

BigB08822
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:01 PM

:bounce:

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Denise...you know, I reckon its something to do with you being a sensationally good fag-hag :drool:

It's the old 'pigeons around the bread' mentality. Denise 4295, you are attracting these gays like flies here, you are just too damn FABULOUS :hearts:.

Sweet.
What are you talking about? :confused:

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I dont think it's the reason becoz from my own experience, I'd say that half the people who spontaneously msn or pm me are gay. I don't care about it, but it's a fact! I really think there are more gay people here than outside the wtaworld board! But I don't know why:shrug: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=290#)
Thanks Ceze, but trolls like Obatafan can't help but enter threads to try to get under people's skin. It's a reflection of his immaturity and a badge he proudly wears. His post wasn't anything worth responding to, because it clearly wasn't serious.

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:23 PM
1 in 10-15 people are gay, so don't be too curious
What does that mean? Don't be too curious? :confused:

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:29 PM
It seems that some people are offended by my question and I don't understand why. I'm not trying to hurt or insult anyone. If this question offends those who are gay, please say so, and explain why it is offensive to you so that I can understand.

Ceze
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:36 PM
It seems that some people are offended by my question and I don't understand why. I'm not trying to hurt or insult anyone. If this question offends those who are gay, please say so, and explain why it is offensive to you so that I can understand.Did you receive badreps or something? :confused:

OUT!
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Because we love our divas and the WTA Tour is full of divaaaz!:hearts: :worship: :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Is it something about me that brings out the meanness in you or are you just a bitch by nature? I don't think I deserve this attack, especially since I'm not attacking you or anyone else, and it really doesn't lend much to the subject. It's kind of like you grasped for straws to link the subject and your attack.

As my initial post stated, it seemed that this board was predominately gay because there are a lot of gay issues in Non-tennis and there are a lot of gays out of the closet here and I was curious. If in reality, that was not the case, I put the question of whether it was or wasn't to those who wanted to respond.

Since I'm not a part of the gay community, more enlightened posters such as Griff and others have provided me with a more mature approach or theory on why it may seem that this board is predominately gay to the straight community, or me in particular.

I'm not surprised at your response, however, because I really don't expect anything less from such a spoiled brat.

P.S.
Do you have any other reason for referring to me as being ghetto fabulous other than the fact that you know I'm black? Do you even know what the term means?

:haha::haha: Oh my, that is TOO precious Denise.

OUT!
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Possibly a chance to hook up?:p

Grachka
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:46 PM
It seems that some people are offended by my question and I don't understand why. I'm not trying to hurt or insult anyone. If this question offends those who are gay, please say so, and explain why it is offensive to you so that I can understand.
Well, now that you mention it, I'm really offended on behalf of everyone, you know? I think its really prejudiced to suggest that, you know, people can be categorized as gay, you know? Are we not all thinking, feeling human beings that like tennis? We all have pretty much the same bits? Why did you need to bring this up, for the love of god, Denise :sobbing:

I feel for all those offended out there.

griffin
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:47 PM

Actually, I thought you're responses were the "precious" ones.

It was a simple question. I'd rather have people ask than come up with some crackpot theory on their own.

Besides, I thought gay people came here because I'm such a wonerful, attractive role model. ;)

~{X}~
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:56 PM

It was a simple question. I'd rather have people ask than come up with some crackpot theory on their own.

Besides, I thought gay people came here because I'm such a wonerful, attractive role model. ;)
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Kart
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Or do you think it is? It seems so. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm just curious. Does anyone out there have a theory?

Cyberspace is less judgemental.

It's easy to be the person you want to be on here when people don't know you - clean slate etc.

I wonder how many people on here really are what they claim to be and if they're as outspoken on here as they are in real life.

Kart
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:00 PM
^ Case in point - if Griffin was as sexy in real life as she is on here she'd be too busy fighting off admirers to post on here :hearts:.

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Did you receive badreps or something? :confused:
No, just based on a couple of responses.

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Translated, you don't have a response. :rolleyes:

deja_entendu
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:13 PM
it's tennis, duh. you can stay in shape, look cute in lacoste polos, all without getting too grimey :bounce:

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:15 PM

:yeah: :worship:

ampers&
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:22 PM
gayness is cool.:cool: :yeah: :unsure:

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Did you receive badreps or something? :confused:

Now that you mentioned it. :rolleyes:

http://cache.wtaworld.com/wtaworld/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif Why Is WTAworld Predomi... (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=6350810#post6350810) Oct 4th, 2005 05:20 PM FRAZIER~FORCE (http://www.wtaworld.com/member.php?u=31665) And here you thought that blacks were the only minority in the world. Bubble Bursted into reality ?

If that's not the most asinine bad rep I've ever received, nothing is.:lol:

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 5th, 2005, 12:55 AM

:worship:

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 5th, 2005, 12:59 AM
It's interesting though. About 5% to 10% of the population is gay depending on who you believe. Among sexually liberated girls, a much higher percentage seem to manage to be bi. All the same, we're talking about a relatively small percentage of the population. The percentage among active posters here is much higher than the general population. It must be something about women's tennis that makes it attractive to gay/bi guys and gals.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:32 AM

http://cache.wtaworld.com/wtaworld/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif Why Is WTAworld Predomi... (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=6350810#post6350810) Oct 4th, 2005 05:20 PM FRAZIER~FORCE (http://www.wtaworld.com/member.php?u=31665) And here you thought that blacks were the only minority in the world. Bubble Bursted into reality ?

It is fairly asinine, though I'm fairly confident that you've sent me something that was on roughly the same level :p

SelesFan70
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:54 AM

Overly sensitive posters on WTAWorld.com...oh, the irony. :haha: This is priceless...truly priceless.

Denise4925
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:58 AM
It is fairly asinine, though I'm fairly confident that you've sent me something that was on roughly the same level :p

That's a lie.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 5th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Yes, because it would totally be worth lying about that.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 5th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Because we love our divas and the WTA Tour is full of divaaaz!:hearts: :worship: :lol:

That could be it.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 5th, 2005, 04:56 AM
it's tennis, duh. you can stay in shape, look cute in lacoste polos, all without getting too grimey :bounce:

That sounds reasonable, too. :scratch:

Denise4925
Oct 5th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Yes, because it would totally be worth lying about that.
Yeah, like anything is worth lying about, but people do it anyway. :rolleyes:

nitocris_tiger
Oct 5th, 2005, 05:07 AM
I might be well off the mark here but I'll give it a go.

I'm a straight male and I always get poked fun at for preferring womens tennis than mens. The main reason why is because they think that mens tennis is a far better standard and spectacle compared to the womens. A better standard is fair enough but it's not the be all and end all.

But I think that it also has something to do with the fact that for a male to have a female as a role model is generally seen as being a little unusual. I know that when I have said that some of my role models when I was growing up have been womens tennis players I get looked at a bit weird! Maybe gays are a little more open minded in terms of gender and can appreciate tennis no matter who is playing as opposed to straight males?

SelesFan70
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:24 PM
I might be well off the mark here but I'll give it a go.

I'm a straight male and I always get poked fun at for preferring womens tennis than mens. The main reason why is because they think that mens tennis is a far better standard and spectacle compared to the womens. A better standard is fair enough but it's not the be all and end all.

But I think that it also has something to do with the fact that for a male to have a female as a role model is generally seen as being a little unusual. I know that when I have said that some of my role models when I was growing up have been womens tennis players I get looked at a bit weird! Maybe gays are a little more open minded in terms of gender and can appreciate tennis no matter who is playing as opposed to straight males?

Good thought!

Bankhead Bounce
Oct 5th, 2005, 05:04 PM
I don't know about predominantly gay but this board is predominantly sexually deprived. Aint never seen so many horny ass peeps who aint gettin none on one board.

Y'all heard me. :devil:

Denise4925
Oct 5th, 2005, 07:09 PM
I don't know about predominantly gay but this board is predominantly sexually deprived. Aint never seen so many horny ass peeps who aint gettin none on one board.

Y'all heard me. :devil:
:lol:

!<blocparty>!
Oct 5th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Translated, you don't have a response. :rolleyes:

You should stick with your law career.

Denise4925
Oct 5th, 2005, 07:44 PM
You should stick with your law career.
As opposed to what? :confused:

Sound advice from a spoiled teenage brat. :yeah: I'll certainly take it under consideration. :rolleyes: :lol:

Grachka
Oct 5th, 2005, 10:57 PM

Sound advice from a spoiled teenage brat. :yeah: I'll certainly take it under consideration. :rolleyes: :lol:
In court, do they let you come back and 'edit' what you said an hour ago, because you think you've thought of something more impressive? :tape: :lol:

Gives you faith in the justice system, when such intolerant excellent lawyers are about :yeah:

No Name Face
Oct 5th, 2005, 11:41 PM
well it is women's tennis. i like both. i like women's more for the personalities and men's for the actual tennis. i post more here than at the men's forum because that forum is weird...and all the girls just post about how hot safin is or whatever

i'm straight btw.

SelesFan70
Oct 5th, 2005, 11:45 PM
well it is women's tennis. i like both. i like women's more for the personalities and men's for the actual tennis. i post more here than at the men's forum because that forum is weird...and all the girls just post about how hot safin is or whatever

i'm straight btw.

Why would post in MTF? I visited once and was asleep in about 2 minutes. :yawn: :help:

Denise4925
Oct 6th, 2005, 12:00 AM
In court, do they let you come back and 'edit' what you said an hour ago, because you think you've thought of something more impressive? :tape: :lol:

I'm not a litigator, but I guess most children think all lawyers go to court, like they see on TV. :tape:

Gives you faith in the justice system, when such intolerant excellent lawyers are about :yeah:

I guess you have to have faith in something. :)

Here's another edit...

:banghead: Why did I ever take you off ignore? :rolleyes:

Back in the dungeon troll :wavey:

Denise4925
Oct 6th, 2005, 12:01 AM

i'm straight btw.
Safin is hot. :drool: :lol:

jimbo mack
Oct 6th, 2005, 12:10 AM
many gay people love divas, and all the female tennis players are divas in their own way ;)

Crazy Canuck
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Yeah, like anything is worth lying about, but people do it anyway. :rolleyes:
I'm guessing that the 8 people who good repped me for those comments have received similar asinine reps from you in the past. :tape:

8? I didn't even think I was being that funny!

Crazy Canuck
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:14 AM
OKAY, so it was really only 5.

decemberlove
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:16 AM

It would have been six, had I been able to rep you.

SpikeyAidanm
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Again, the nature of Women's Tennis attracts a Gay Following, it's pretty simple.

Denise4925
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:18 PM
:lol: 5? Wow, that really proves you didn't lie about it. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:20 PM
It would have been six, had I been able to rep you.
Good thing I'm able to rep you. :yeah: :lol:

Denise4925
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Again, the nature of Women's Tennis attracts a Gay Following, it's pretty simple.
How so?

!<blocparty>!
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Yeah, Okay. :rolleyes:

You changed your mind :(

!<blocparty>!
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:28 PM
:lol: 5? Wow, that really proves you didn't lie about it. :rolleyes:

Dang! I thought you were trying to get into her good books with your origional post. :lol:

Denise4925
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Dang! I thought you were trying to get into her good books with your origional post. :lol:
What, no screaming about your mother about taking you shopping today? :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:17 PM
What, no screaming about your mother about taking you shopping today? :lol:

I thought I'd snap up this quote, cos, it needs another edit :lol:

Sadly not. She did go shopping though :unsure: :)

Denise4925
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:28 PM
I thought I'd snap up this quote, cos, it needs another edit :lol:

Teenagers :rolleyes: Good lord, they latch on to one thing and run it in the ground. Hon, if I want to edit my posts after rethinking them, it's my perogative because apparently, that's what the edit button is there for. I couldn't give two shits if you snap it up in your ass, I can still change it to say something else. But, you want proof so that you can say that I edited it? Real mature. :yeah: There you go grasping for straws again.

Don't get mad at me because Griffin put you in a child's place earlier in the thread. Apparently your mother doesn't do it often enough, and that's where you need to be.

Sadly not. She did go shopping though :unsure: :)

Too bad she didn't take you with her, maybe you wouldn't be so bored.

Don't you have homework to do?

!<blocparty>!
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Teenagers :rolleyes: Good lord, they latch on to one thing and run it in the ground. Hon, if I want to edit my posts after rethinking them, it's my perogative because apparently, that's what the edit button is there for. I couldn't give two shits if you snap it up in your ass, I can still change it to say something else. But, you want proof so that you can say that I edited it? Real mature. :yeah: There you go grasping for straws again.

Don't get mad at me because Griffin put you in a child's place earlier in the thread. Apparently your mother doesn't do it often enough, and that's where you need to be.

Too bad she didn't take you with her, maybe you wouldn't be so bored.

Don't you have homework to do?

45 year old women, good lord :yawn: I'm not mad with you though, you're hilarious :), and seem to know a lot about my mother. Thats nice.

Yes, I have work to do, naturally. I'll stop wasting my time in here. I hope you have gained some insight into why gay people post on female tennis message boards.

PS.... It's prerogative. ;)

Denise4925
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:59 PM
45 year old women, good lord :yawn: I'm not mad with you though, you're hilarious :), and seem to know a lot about my mother. Thats nice.

Yes, I have work to do, naturally. I'll stop wasting my time in here. I hope you have gained some insight into why gay people post on female tennis message boards.

PS.... It's prerogative. ;)
:lol: Yep, 45 and fabulous :wavey:

And no, I don't know anything about your mother personally, but I'm sure she's a very nice woman. What I do know is how she is raising you. That is what is quite evident from your behavior and how you represent yourself here. I do feel very sorry for her, though.

And, thanks for finally admitting that you were offended by my question, which you misquoted here. I didn't ask why gays posted on female tennis message boards, I asked why is this message board predominantly gay or so it seemed to me. If you hadn't gotten your panties in a bunch and attacked me, I might have been able to explain my curiosity better. I see an enormous population of gay people on this message board, in contrast to real life. Your knee jerk and very immature response prevented us from having a civilized and open dialogue about the subject. Now you see why I use the edit button. It allows me to rethink what I've posted instead of doing what you did and shutting down any possibility of communication.

Grachka
Oct 6th, 2005, 11:32 PM
:lol: Yep, 45 and fabulous :wavey:

And no, I don't know anything about your mother personally, but I'm sure she's a very nice woman. What I do know is how she is raising you. That is what is quite evident from your behavior and how you represent yourself here. I do feel very sorry for her, though.

And, thanks for finally admitting that you were offended by my question, which you misquoted here. I didn't ask why gays posted on female tennis message boards, I asked why is this message board predominantly gay or so it seemed to me. If you hadn't gotten your panties in a bunch and attacked me, I might have been able to explain my curiosity better. I see an enormous population of gay people on this message board, in contrast to real life. Your knee jerk and very immature response prevented us from having a civilized and open dialogue about the subject. Now you see why I use the edit button. It allows me to rethink what I've posted instead of doing what you did and shutting down any possibility of communication.
:haha:

I somehow felt duty bound to highlight the obvious hypocrisy of Denise4925 criticising someone for closing lines of communication with 'immature responses' and getting their 'panties in a bunch' (:haha: ). Its a damn shame that people don't have the tolerance and rational composure of our Denise.

Incidentally, Denise, you seem to quite talented at guessing the attitude and talents of all WTAWorld posters' mothers, given that you claimed that my own mother did not have the body of Serena, and implied she would lose a weigh-off with Serena. What an omnipresent being we have with us!

Keep up the good work Denise! :lol: :yeah:

Martian Willow
Oct 7th, 2005, 12:15 AM
6. :)

decemberlove
Oct 7th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Good thing I'm able to rep you. :yeah: :lol:

Real mature. :yeah:

There are some decent responses in this thread, yet you seem to ignore them and go after the people who think you're an idiot. Why is that Denise, why?

What were those words I once used that you were so deeply offended by? Ah yes, ghetto and ****. I can see why they hurt you so much now, Denise.

Denise4925
Oct 7th, 2005, 12:52 AM
There are some decent responses in this thread, yet you seem to ignore them and go after the people who think you're an idiot. Why is that Denise, why?

Hon I haven't gone after anyone, merely defending myself from attacks by people such as yourself who are are acting like idiots, i.e. you're too immature to express how they really feel about the subject so you personally attack me.

Just because I don't respond to the more mature and relevant posts doesn't mean I'm not reading them and digesting the theories. I asked a question and I'm getting answers.

Why are you worried about me anyway, December, why??

What were those words I once used that you were so deeply offended by? Ah yes, ghetto and ****. I can see why they hurt you so much now, Denise.
First you need to learn that being hurt and being offended are two different feelings. I remember being offended by your use of the word "****", but I don't remember being offended by your use of word "ghetto", unless you have another user ID. As far as being hurt, don't get your hopes up, nothing as minute as you could ever do anything to hurt me.

:wavey:

Denise4925
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:02 AM
:haha:

I somehow felt duty bound to highlight the obvious hypocrisy of Denise4925 criticising someone for closing lines of communication with 'immature responses' and getting their 'panties in a bunch' (:haha: ). Its a damn shame that people don't have the tolerance and rational composure of our Denise.

Incidentally, Denise, you seem to quite talented at guessing the attitude and talents of all WTAWorld posters' mothers, given that you claimed that my own mother did not have the body of Serena, and implied she would lose a weigh-off with Serena. What an omnipresent being we have with us!

Keep up the good work Denise! :lol: :yeah:
You seem to feel duty bound when it comes to anything I say on this message board. I think you need to get over your obsession. After all, it is you who initiates all of our little encounters, isn't it. :)

And, you're right it is a shame people don't have my tolerance and rational composure, but everyone can't be as perfect as me. ;) Live a little longer and you'll learn what it really means to be tolerant and rational. Right now your hormones are getting the best of you. :)

I never said your mother would lose in a weigh off against Serena, I said I doubt she had Serena's figure or was even as fit or fine as Serena. But, then again, you were the one who intitially compared your mother to Serena, if I'm not mistaken. If you're going to quote me, find the post so that you can have some semblance of credibility.

Denise4925
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Wow, more credibility for Rebecca. :lol:

Martian Willow
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:20 AM
I thought age was the only factor in determining credibility.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:27 AM
^It's going to hard after all this time not thinking of you as "Willow".

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:28 AM
Just as a lot of posters still think of me as "Joui".

CC
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:32 AM
You are all SO gay. :cat:

Geisha
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:35 AM

:hearts:

I think WTA in General has a lot of gay fans because of many reasons. Where can we watch pretty girls play sports? Tennis, Hockey, Volleyball, Soccer, etc. Where can we watch pretty girls who aren't wearing helmets? Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer. Where can we watch pretty girls in designer outfits? Tennis. ;) That's the reason.

Munchen
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:31 AM

:bs: What a load of :bs:

nitocris_tiger
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:54 AM
Again, the nature of Women's Tennis attracts a Gay Following, it's pretty simple.Agreed Aidan, but why? I think we've touched on a few reasons in this thread but am still curious. :)

nitocris_tiger
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Denise4925 = Defensive

Denise4925
Oct 7th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Denise4925 = Defensive
:lol: You know me so well. And, who are you exactly?

Denise4925
Oct 7th, 2005, 05:43 AM
:hearts:

I think WTA in General has a lot of gay fans because of many reasons. Where can we watch pretty girls play sports? Tennis, Hockey, Volleyball, Soccer, etc. Where can we watch pretty girls who aren't wearing helmets? Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer. Where can we watch pretty girls in designer outfits? Tennis. ;) That's the reason.
So anni, you agree that this board is predominantly gay?

nitocris_tiger
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:36 AM
:lol: You know me so well. And, who are you exactly?Wow, you like hitting that reputation button don't you? :toothy:

whitecamero
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:50 AM
I think that in tennis, being an individual sport, you get to see players develop and you learn of their struggles along the way. I suspect that a lot of gay people identify with that struggle and the hope of "making it." Also, the female tennis players today are absolutely strong (in every respect) and unapologetic for their success. And that's the core of the gay struggle. Well, at least for me. ;)

Denise4925
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Wow, you like hitting that reputation button don't you? :toothy:
Yeah I do. :)

griffin
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:58 PM
The appeal of women's tennis: they gay guys all like to watch and dream of redesigning the outfits, and the girls all like to watch and dream of ripping them off ;)

Seriously, I think someone as someone said earlier that gay men don't get hung up on the gender crap around watching a "girls" sport, and I agree that has a lot to do with the appeal or women's tennis.

Denise4925
Oct 7th, 2005, 05:18 PM
The appeal of women's tennis: they gay guys all like to watch and dream of redesigning the outfits, and the girls all like to watch and dream of ripping them off ;)

Seriously, I think someone as someone said earlier that gay men don't get hung up on the gender crap around watching a "girls" sport, and I agree that has a lot to do with the appeal or women's tennis.
Actually, I think womens tennis is about the only professional womens sport that straight men follow. I believe that is moreso true in recent times because the sport on the womens side has become so physical and there are so many more celebrities in the sport.

Also, I think that this thread has evolved from my original question of whether this board is predominantly gay to why gay people like womens tennis. I think there have been a lot of great answers to my question, that make sense. For instance, that it is a lot easier for people to come out in this type of forum and feel freer to express themselves more openly than in the real world. And, since womens tennis is very popular in the gay community, for many reasons expressed here, it would make sense that this board would be highly populated by the gay community. However, I guess my question will never be truly answered because I think we'd have to take a poll of the posters to see who's gay and who's not. I don't think it's politically correct to do something like that in the first place, and in addition it wouldn't be very accurate for many reasons. So, I guess we'll never know. But as a straight person who's never really had much contact with the gay community, I've learned a lot and I enjoy the diversity.

tennisbum79
Oct 7th, 2005, 05:29 PM

Actually, I think womens tennis is about the only professional womens sport that straight men follow. I believe that is moreso true in recent times because the sport on the womens side has become so physical and there are so many more celebrities in the sport..
I haveto agree with you there.
Before the WS, I will follow it, but kind of like most men would watch women Olympic skating, for the potential drama and looks.
However since Venus and Serena join the tour, I have following it more closely, even watching matches I would not normally consider watching.

Also, I think that this thread has evolved from my original question of whether this board is predominantly gay to why gay people like womens.

I believe this board is predominantly gay and I can't explain why.
I would be curious to know how the ATP board compared.

▀coene
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:03 PM
However, I guess my question will never be truly answered because I think we'd have to take a poll of the posters to see who's gay and who's not. I don't think it's politically correct to do something like that in the first place, and in addition it wouldn't be very accurate for many reasons. So, I guess we'll never know.

It has been done before. I think the gay people came out on top with 50,.. %. ;)

That's certainly a higher % then in real life.

Grachka
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:46 PM
You seem to feel duty bound when it comes to anything I say on this message board. I think you need to get over your obsession. After all, it is you who initiates all of our little encounters, isn't it. :)

And, you're right it is a shame people don't have my tolerance and rational composure, but everyone can't be as perfect as me. ;) Live a little longer and you'll learn what it really means to be tolerant and rational. Right now your hormones are getting the best of you. :)

I never said your mother would lose in a weigh off against Serena, I said I doubt she had Serena's figure or was even as fit or fine as Serena. But, then again, you were the one who intitially compared your mother to Serena, if I'm not mistaken. If you're going to quote me, find the post so that you can have some semblance of credibility.
I always feel duty bound to help others when they request clarification on an issue, so therefore, I took the trouble of hunting down the thread for you :)

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=185688&page=3&pp=40

Firstly, as for my 'obsession', you will notice that indeed it was not I that initiated this 'encounter' between yourself and I, it was you that felt the need to comment initially on my post (number 84) :), which was ironically pointing out the fucktardedness of demanding inventory figures on the opinion that Serena's outfit did not sell well, which you do in post number 44. Now, as you have indicated (in this thread) that you believe that WTAWorld is 'predominantly' gay, will you produce figures to back that up too? I'm sure it'll inform the debate no end.

If you hadn't noticed also, my inference that you were rational and balanced was a tad on the sarcastic side :) Look closely at the posts in the second page directed at 'Borine', you demonstrate the tolerance we all know you possess - questioning his English skills (not a native speaker) and dismissing him in a cold and condescending manner upon learning he is a teenager. This is particularly illustrated in post number 61: dismissing his opinion as "immature and ignorant" and thus concluding that his "opinion means zero.". Now, does this mean that your 'hormones were getting the better of you' a bit in this thread Denise?

You will also notice (yes, again :sad: sorry Denise) that you are mistaken on the issue of my mother. It was in fact Justin. (now King. naturally) that brought up the issue of my mother being fatter than Serena, but you did feel the need to comment on it of course (:eek: ) even betting a cookie on the idea that "Serena has a better body than his/her mother ever has or ever will have and Serena has more money" thus confirming what I said in this thread earlier. All in all, given you rant in that thread for three pages about people assuming things, you don't exactly practise what you preach in this thread, given the rather sweeping assumptions you make on the parenting skills of !<bloc_party>!'s mother, and of course, on my mother too :)

Hope its clearer for you now Denise, I didn't mind looking that up for you, because you know, being a bit older, I can type pretty fast :)

Martian Jeza
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Are there transexual members on this board ? I didn't know it ! Who's transexual here ?

Martian Jeza
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:23 PM

As I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body : I'm smart : great thing to know ;)

Martian Willow
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:27 PM
I never really got why transexuals get lumped in with us. It's hardly the same.

Stamp Paid
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:34 PM
I always feel duty bound to help others when they request clarification on an issue, so therefore, I took the trouble of hunting down the thread for you :)

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=185688&page=3&pp=40

Firstly, as for my 'obsession', you will notice that indeed it was not I that initiated this 'encounter' between yourself and I, it was you that felt the need to comment initially on my post (number 84) :), which was ironically pointing out the fucktardedness of demanding inventory figures on the opinion that Serena's outfit did not sell well, which you do in post number 44. Now, as you have indicated (in this thread) that you believe that WTAWorld is 'predominantly' gay, will you produce figures to back that up too? I'm sure it'll inform the debate no end.

If you hadn't noticed also, my inference that you were rational and balanced was a tad on the sarcastic side :) Look closely at the posts in the second page directed at 'Borine', you demonstrate the tolerance we all know you possess - questioning his English skills (not a native speaker) and dismissing him in a cold and condescending manner upon learning he is a teenager. This is particularly illustrated in post number 61: dismissing his opinion as "immature and ignorant" and thus concluding that his "opinion means zero.". Now, does this mean that your 'hormones were getting the better of you' a bit in this thread Denise?

You will also notice (yes, again :sad: sorry Denise) that you are mistaken on the issue of my mother. It was in fact Justin. (now King. naturally) that brought up the issue of my mother being fatter than Serena, but you did feel the need to comment on it of course (:eek: ) even betting a cookie on the idea that "Serena has a better body than his/her mother ever has or ever will have and Serena has more money" thus confirming what I said in this thread earlier. All in all, given you rant in that thread for three pages about people assuming things, you don't exactly practise what you preach in this thread, given the rather sweeping assumptions you make on the parenting skills of !<bloc_party>!'s mother, and of course, on my mother too :)

Hope its clearer for you now Denise, I didn't mind looking that up for you, because you know, being a bit older, I can type pretty fast :)

lol!! and i apologize for that. but Serena is not/was not obese. I thought that was a rude and typically smug thing to say.

Denise4925
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:54 PM
lol!! and i apologize for that. but Serena is not/was not obese. I thought that was a rude and typically smug thing to say.
:lol: Thanks a lot Justin, I had that incessant troll on ignore. Now, you've forced me to read his drivel. :lol:

Let it go Oboring Obata. :yawn:

!<blocparty>!
Oct 7th, 2005, 09:09 PM
:lol: Thanks a lot Justin, I had that incessant troll on ignore. Now, you've forced me to read his drivel. :lol:

Let it go Oboring Obata. :yawn:

Now now, DeDe. I might have to brush up on my translation skills if you can't formulate another one of your beatdowns to Obata, soon.

Denise4925
Oct 7th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Now now, DeDe. I might have to brush up on my translation skills if you can't formulate another one of your beatdowns to Obata, soon.
bloc, I know that you and Obata want this thread closed for starting flame wars with me and being off topic. Giving Oboring another beatdown is easy, because I see a lot of things in his/her post that can be argued, but it's just not worth it. I really don't feel like playing with children today and I don't want my thread closed. So, if you continue to harass me, I'll just have to put you on ignore too and I really don't want to do that, as I do enjoy reading some of your posts. Let's try to have a nice day and get back on topic.

Now, do you have anything further to add to the subject? :wavey:

Denise4925
Oct 7th, 2005, 09:21 PM
It has been done before. I think the gay people came out on top with 50,.. %. ;)

That's certainly a higher % then in real life.
Oh, I didn't know that, but I'm not surprised. :lol: How long ago was the poll taken? And, are you saying that gay people came out on top with 50% or what?

CanIGetAWhat
Oct 7th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Oh, I didn't know that, but I'm not surprised. :lol: How long ago was the poll taken? And, are you saying that gay people came out on top with 50% or what?Almost two years ago. Straight people are the minority. Gays and bisexuals rule. ;) http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=95107 ;)

Crazy Canuck
Oct 8th, 2005, 02:07 AM
7 now ;)

Crazy Canuck
Oct 8th, 2005, 02:09 AM
Live a little longer and you'll learn what it really means to be tolerant and rational.

Rational? How much longer do you have to live until you reach that point, Denise? :shrug:

Right now your hormones are getting the best of you. :)

Ah, right. You're 45. I suppose that your hormones are getting the best of you too.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 8th, 2005, 05:47 AM
It all comes down to gay males being more interested in females than straight males. It sounds twisted, but it's the truth.

Denise4925
Oct 8th, 2005, 06:05 AM
It all comes down to gay males being more interested in females than straight males. It sounds twisted, but it's the truth.
In what way would you say that gay males are more interested?

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 8th, 2005, 06:09 AM
In what way would you say that gay males are more interested?

Every aspect but sex :lol:

Denise4925
Oct 8th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Every aspect but sex :lol:
Well yeahhhh. :lol:

Jakeev
Oct 8th, 2005, 10:25 AM

Uh sweetie puss of about how many supposed of this boards 30,000 members do you actually know about on here?:lol:

Martian KC
Oct 8th, 2005, 02:50 PM
When they're not falling all over themselves posting about Bette, Joan, and me on ampasworld.com, they do post here.

What an accusation!:mad: I love Bette! Not Midler.................

Experimentee
Oct 8th, 2005, 03:23 PM
It seems to be true that among the posters who are most active, a higher proportion are gay compared to the general population. I guess it might be because its considered un-masculine to follow womens sport, so there arent as many straight guys.

Pamela Shriver
Oct 8th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Gay? On this board?! You'll be telling me Martina is a lesbian next...