PDA

View Full Version : Six breakups hath September

Rocketta
Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:45 PM
Six breakups hath September

By Karen Thomas, USA TODAYMon Oct 3, 6:52 AM ET

Paris Hilton called off her engagement to Paris Latsis on Friday, adding another couple to September's roster of celebrity breakups. USA TODAY tracks a month's worth of heartbreaks:

Sept. 14

Renée Zellweger, 36, files a petition in L.A. to annul her 4-month-old marriage to country singer Kenny Chesney, 37. Citing “fraud” as the reason, Zellweger issues a statement Sept. 16 and says the term was legal language, not a reflection of character.

Sept. 16

Tori Spelling, 32, and her husband of one year, Charlie Shanian, 36, announce their split. They had been living apart since early August, a rep for Spelling says.

Sept. 23

Comedian Kathy Griffin, 43, files for divorce from Matt Moline, 37, her husband of 4½ years.

Sept. 25

Sopranos star Jamie-Lynn DiScala, 24, and her husband of two years, manager A.J. DiScala, 34, confirm their breakup. “It was a difficult time for both of us, going from me managing her to going back to the banking world,” A.J. told New York’s Daily News. “As of right now, it’s a separation.”

Sept. 27

WB’s One Tree Hill co-stars Sophia Bush, 23, and Chad Michael Murphy, 24, announce their split five months after their wedding.

Sept. 30

Paris Hilton, 24, ends her engagement to Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis, 22, because she’s “not ready for marriage.” In a statement, Hilton said she had “seen the breakups between people who love each other and rush into getting married too quickly. I do not want to make that mistake.”

spokenword73
Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE=Rocketta]Six breakups hath September

Comedian Kathy Griffin, 43, files for divorce from Matt Moline, 37, her husband of 4½ years.

do you think Cathy Griffin's breakup has anything to do with her new show?

Rocketta
Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:47 PM
Why is it that when people get a little more fame their marriage breaks up? Is it jealousy or the star getting a big head? I'm speaking of Kathy Griffin....they seemed like a sweet couple on her reality show so what has changed? :confused:

Rocketta
Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:48 PM
do you think Cathy Griffin's breakup has anything to do with her new show?

Haha, I just asked that very question. :lol:

beauty_is_pink
Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:48 PM
geeeeesss.. celebs :rolleyes:

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:51 PM
oh well ..

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:57 PM
Add a 7th....Star Jones and the E! channel have parted ways after less then a year of marriage.
Kathy Griffin will step into Stars shoes to do the Red Carpet commentary :D ;)

AjdeNate!
Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:58 PM
Kathy and Matty broke up cuz Matty's been busy around here... if'n ya know what I'm saying.

Rocketta
Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:59 PM
Kathy and Matty broke up cuz Matty's been busy around here... if'n ya know what I'm saying.

spell out for us slow folk...:scratch:

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:59 PM
:rolleyes: Kathy and Matty broke up cuz Matty's been busy around here... if'n ya know what I'm saying.

He has also gained over 100 lbs since there wedding day. I guess i would to being married to Kathy :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

AjdeNate!
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:00 AM
:rolleyes:

He has also gained over 100 lbs since there wedding day. I guess i would to being married to Kathy :eek: :rolleyes: ;)
he lost it actually since then... but even if not, us fat folks need to stick together.

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:01 AM
he lost it actually since then... but even if not, us fat folks need to stick together.

Your skinny man!!!! Maybe Star passed on her weight to Kathys hubby :D

AjdeNate!
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Your skinny man!!!! :death: :haha: thanks for making me laugh. i needed that.

Infiniti2001
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Sopranos star Jamie-Lynn DiScala and Tori Spelling had huge weddings , now this? Good grief!!

BigB08822
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Does anyone else wonder if Kathy's husband was no more than her very favorite gay? Is that what you were referring to, Athenaeum?

kiwifan
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Most actresses (deep down inside) are angry little insecure nobodies who barter whatever they have in exchange for the hope that they will be worshiped by millions of strangers and thus have the ability to snub all the people who didn't worship them back in middle school and high school and sometimes in college.

Now the ladies have it better than the actors because they usually have the looks to avoid outright outcast status pre-fame (they get the MAW nickname instead). The actor-guys are lower than spit (even their good friends make fun of them and question their sexuality); until they either make some $$$ or start dating zee hot babes.

We know one of the ladies on the list doesn't really count as an actress :tape: All summer there were rumours that her engagement was a joke and that her namesake's parents would never allow there kid to marry her - although it was okay to run around with her and have a little fun.

While I know nothing about the One Tree Hill chick (who I've read was getting cheated on constantly :p )- all the others are "career moves" - they weren't exactly married to Mr. Pitt or Mr. Clooney (husbands that could keep them in the media spotlight even though their careers weren't cranking as well as they'd like).

Renee Z. shouldn't fit that mould - but the local rumours were that the White Stripes guy went off and married a beautiful model instead of Renee - so Renee immediately married the most famous guy available at the moment - unfortunately he's a big deal in her home state of Texas and a big ole nobody in Hollywood/the media.

None of them have reps as "the next Jodi Foster" - so I wouldn't worry too much about them. Renee will be fine, the rest of them will be B-D list.

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Does anyone else wonder if Kathy's husband was no more than her very favorite gay? Is that what you were referring to, Athenaeum?

Some people say the same about STAR and her hubby. He had never dated a woman before meeting Star :eek: I guess Star has the power to turn a gay man str8 ! :kiss: Must be the SHOES ;)

Ferosh
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Star married big gay Al.

go hingis
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Ummm which Paris isn't ready for Marriage, lol I thought it was Latsis not Hilton.

PaulieM
Oct 4th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Sept. 16

Tori Spelling, 32, and her husband of one year, Charlie Shanian, 36, announce their split. They had been living apart since early August, a rep for Spelling says.

Sept. 23

Sept. 25

Sopranos star Jamie-Lynn DiScala, 24, and her husband of two years, manager A.J. DiScala, 34, confirm their breakup. “It was a difficult time for both of us, going from me managing her to going back to the banking world,” A.J. told New York’s Daily News. “As of right now, it’s a separation.”

i hadn't heard about those. that's celebs for you i guess. and to think j-lo and britney haven't called their marriages quits yet, i wouldn't have guessed that not too long ago :tape:

Rocketta
Oct 4th, 2005, 03:38 AM
I think the only thing that would get JLO to leave is if Marc Anthony gets another woman pregnant which won't be surprising if it happens. ;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 4th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Star married big gay Al.

:haha:

kiwifan
Oct 5th, 2005, 10:49 PM
http://www.radarmagazine.com/a/i/hed_fresh-intelligence_438.gif
http://www.radarmagazine.com/a/i/d/10.gifhttp://www.radarmagazine.com/a/i/d/05.gifhttp://www.radarmagazine.com/a/i/d/2005.gif
Divorce, C-List Style (http://www.radarmagazine.com/fresh-intelligence/2005/10/05/index.php#report_003371)

http://www.radarmagazine.com/fresh-intelligence/torispelling-inside.jpg The recent rash of divorces among C-listers from Tori Spelling to Chad Michael Murray may look like the work of a divine, eugenically conscious hand. But West Coast PR insiders insist the timing of the announcements is no miracle. In fact, we hear it was all part of a Rovian anti-publicity blitz meant to bury the bad news in the wake of bigger stories—in this case, Renée Zellweger’s split from Kenny Chesney and the Moore-Kutcher nuptials.

In Spelling’s case, sources close to the actress say she had actually been separated from husband Charlie Shanian for over a month—and shacked up with new love and Mind Over Murder co-star Dean McDermott—when her publicist rushed out a release the day after Zellweger’s announcement in the hopes of sneaking it past the press. (Incidentally, we hear the marriage had been something of a put-on from the beginning, meant to please Spelling’s ailing TV mogul father in his last days; Aaron Spelling, who paid for his daughter’s million-dollar wedding, is said to be so “addled” in his 82nd year that her divorce hasn’t even registered. A rep for Spelling did not respond to calls or emails for comment.)

In the days after Moore and Kutcher got hitched, reps for D-list-loving comedienne Kathy Griffin and her Z-list husband of four years, Matt Moline, also jumped on the divorce bandwagon, along with star-crossed One Tree Hill spouses Murray and Sophia Bush.

“It’s the perfect arrangement for these kinds of marriages,” notes a well-known celebrity handler. “Kathy Griffin, Tori Spelling, Jamie-Lynn DiScala [née Sigler, another recent divorcée], and Chad Michael Murray all got magazine covers for their weddings—something they never would have gotten otherwise. They want that PR, they just don’t want the divorce PR, so they hide it until a time when something bigger is happening, even if it’s been in the works for months.”

lizchris
Oct 6th, 2005, 05:45 PM
You can add a seventh couple; singer Babyface and his wife Tracy.

Rocketta
Oct 6th, 2005, 05:51 PM
You can add a seventh couple; singer Babyface and his wife Tracy.

did they just announce it? if so they wouldn't count because it's october. ;)

lizchris
Oct 6th, 2005, 05:52 PM
did they just announce it? if so they wouldn't count because it's october. ;)

They have been apart for a while, but made the split public yesterday.

LeRoy.
Oct 6th, 2005, 06:42 PM
what about Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey ? "Newly Divorced " :tape:

Kart
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:04 PM

One year is probably enough to get a fair share of the Spelling fortune so no surprise there.

Unless he actually loved her for herself :yawn:.

Rocketta
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:06 PM
One year is probably enough to get a fair share of the Spelling fortune so no surprise there.

Unless he actually loved her for herself :yawn:.

heck I might even be willing to love her for that type of money. :p

LeRoy.
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:09 PM

:speakles: Rocketta :eek: And here i thought you were an :angel: but you are more of a :devil:

Kart
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:12 PM

Go for Aaron himself - it'd get a better payout.

I know I would (if I were a woman.)

Rocketta
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:15 PM
:speakles: Rocketta :eek: And here i thought you were an :angel: but you are more of a :devil:

I am an :angel: I said might even which is code for when hell freezes over. :o

Rocketta
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Go for Aaron himself - it'd get a better payout.

I know I would (if I were a woman.)

but then I would have to deal with penis....:unsure: :spit:

I'm very selective with the penises that are allowed near me. :angel:

Don't worry Kart, you're on the list. :hearts: :kiss: :hearts:

Kart
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:21 PM
but then I would have to deal with penis....:unsure: :spit:

At age 82 I doubt there's much left to deal with :tape:.

Don't worry Kart, you're on the list. :hearts: :kiss: :hearts:

:o :o :o :o :o :drool: :lick:

Rocketta
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:24 PM
At age 82 I doubt there's much to deal with :tape:.

even worse wrinkled, shriveled, senile penis. :scared:

:o :o :o :o :o :drool: :lick:

:couple: