PDA

View Full Version : Oberösterreich Zeight Hante

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 01:49 PM
Hope they will talk out of...

Staticbeef
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:02 PM
Hope they will talk out of...

Is this what we are talking about here???

Updated: 9:52 a.m. ET Sept. 29, 2005
BRUSSELS, Belgium - European Union foreign ministers will hold emergency talks this weekend aimed at overcoming Austrian objections to starting entry talks with Turkey, after their envoys failed to reach agreement Thursday, diplomats said.

Austria held to its position that Turkey be offered the option of a lesser partnership rather than full membership in negotiations which are scheduled to start on Monday.

All 25 EU nations have to agree on a negotiating mandate before talks can begin with Ankara.

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:04 PM
Is this what we are talking about here???

Updated: 9:52 a.m. ET Sept. 29, 2005
BRUSSELS, Belgium - European Union foreign ministers will hold emergency talks this weekend aimed at overcoming Austrian objections to starting entry talks with Turkey, after their envoys failed to reach agreement Thursday, diplomats said.

Austria held to its position that Turkey be offered the option of a lesser partnership rather than full membership in negotiations which are scheduled to start on Monday.

All 25 EU nations have to agree on a negotiating mandate before talks can begin with Ankara.

Ja You are right :)

Staticbeef
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:18 PM
Ja You are right :)

What is Austrias argument, there certainly is an historical connection.

The emperor Constantine has rightly been called the most important emperor of Late Antiquity. His powerful personality laid the foundations of post-classical European civilization; his reign was eventful and highly dramatic. His victory at the Milvian Bridge counts among the most decisive moments in world history, while his legalization and support of Christianity and his foundation of a 'New Rome' at Byzantium rank among the most momentous decisions ever made by a European ruler. The fact that ten Byzantine emperors after him bore his name may be seen as a measure of his importance and of the esteem in which he was held.

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:19 PM
What is Austrias argument, there certainly is an historical connection.

The emperor Constantine has rightly been called the most important emperor of Late Antiquity. His powerful personality laid the foundations of post-classical European civilization; his reign was eventful and highly dramatic. His victory at the Milvian Bridge counts among the most decisive moments in world history, while his legalization and support of Christianity and his foundation of a 'New Rome' at Byzantium rank among the most momentous decisions ever made by a European ruler. The fact that ten Byzantine emperors after him bore his name may be seen as a measure of his importance and of the esteem in which he was held.

Yes you are right. It is historical. They are still in 1683 :(

matthias
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:30 PM
austria is still afraid of the turkish army, who tried to conquer austria(Vienna) few times,
i saw a old men on TV and he said "now they are back again" - lol :haha:
i think turkey has a huge image problem in the EU, or better said in many countires of the EU

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:32 PM
austria is still afraid of the turkish army, who tried to conquer austria(Vienna) few times,
i think turkey has a huge image problem in the EU, or better said in many countires of the EU

Yes you are completely right. But some other EU countries got some countries. But they dont have like a bad image in EU ;) It is not fair.

Staticbeef
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:38 PM

Its, old feuds like this that keeps the world from uniting, I believe Turkey is and have been a member of NATO. I saw Venus play Tennis on a Bridge in Turkey this year, as an airman, I spent some time at Ankara AFB. There is more these days that can unite us, than separate us, if only we seek that which is common to us all.

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:42 PM
Its, old feuds like this that keeps the world from uniting, I believe Turkey is and have been a member of NATO. I saw Venus play Tennis on a Bridge in Turkey this year, as an airman, I spent some time at Ankara AFB. There is more these days that can unite us, than separate us, if only we seek that which is common to us all.

hey i am living in Ankara. what did you do in Ankara ?

matthias
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:43 PM
is someone from Bursa?
Bursa has a city-friendship with my hometown

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:44 PM
is someone from Bursa?
Bursa has a city-friendship with my hometown

Yes Kebab is from Bursa :)

Which city are u living in Deutscheland ?

matthias
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
Kulmbach
i think it is funny - Bursa is a 2 million people city and Kulmbach has 30.000
but they have a city-friendship since 2 or 3 years

Staticbeef
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:47 PM
hey i am living in Ankara. what did you do in Ankara ?
American Air Force, I was part of a Tactical mobility Team, stationed in Torejon, Spain, every 90 days we relieved the Air Force personnel and Aircraft there.

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:48 PM
Kulmbach
i think it is funny - Bursa is a 2 million people city and Kulmbach has 30.000
but they have a city-friendship since 2 or 3 years

It is the 5th biggest city in Turkey. Turkey does not have a city which is under 50,000 population. Totaly 81 cities. I am living in the 2nd big city. The capital

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:49 PM
American Air Force, I was part of a Tactical mobility Team, stationed in Torejon, Spain, every 90 days we relieved the Air Force personnel and Aircraft there.

good job. Hope you like Ankara. It is good city. But doesnt seem like New York :(

matthias
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:50 PM
http://www.stadt-kulmbach.de/pub/index.php?mid=102&aid=268

the website from my hometown says the partnership is since 1998, and Bursa has 1,2 million people

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
http://www.stadt-kulmbach.de/pub/index.php?mid=102&aid=268

the website from my hometown says the partnership is since 1998, and Bursa has 1,2 million people

sorry but i dont know any German

Staticbeef
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:59 PM
good job. Hope you like Ankara. It is good city. But doesnt seem like New York :(

Yes, I did, I enjoy traveling and take an open mind with me everywhere I go. Once you take the time to understand ones history and culture, you find that there are many things that makes us citizens of the same planet. Ankara and just about any city in the world, is well represented here in New York City, we have people and neighborhoods from all corners of the world, we like it that way and enjoy being a truly INTERNATIONAL City.

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:02 PM
Yes, I did, I enjoy traveling and take an open mind with me everywhere I go. Once you take the time to understand ones history and culture, you find that there are many things that makes us citizens of the same planet. Ankara and just about any city in the world, is well represented here in New York City, we have people and neighborhoods from all corners of the world, we like it that way and enjoy being a truly INTERNATIONAL City.

that is good to hear this :)

we are all brothers and sisters. The race, color, language are not important :)

Staticbeef
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:13 PM
that is good to hear this :)

we are all brothers and sisters. The race, color, language are not important :)

:yeah: :worship: :yeah: