PDA

View Full Version : Have you get any sport injury in your life ?

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:12 AM
When i was in high school many many years ago ;) , i broke my smallest finger due to my stupid friend in playing Basketball.

You are ?

xr6turbo
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:16 AM
Hmm.. I've rolled both ankles, sprained my right wrist, dislocated my left shoulder, got a hairline fracture in the left shin.... Never broken anything though :D .. *touch wood*

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:19 AM
Broke my left leg at 4 places due to some :retard: excercise in a high school PE class.

Lord Chips
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:19 AM
I have knee ligament problems from a marathon last year. My ACL in my left knee is slightly torn but not enough to need surgery. I spent a few months in physio having to remodel the way I walk.

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
Broke my left leg at 4 places due to some :retard: excercise in a high school PE class.

bad injury :sad:

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
Hmm.. I've rolled both ankles, sprained my right wrist, dislocated my left shoulder, got a hairline fracture in the left shin.... Never broken anything though :D .. *touch wood*

these are too much :confused:

xr6turbo
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:25 AM
these are too much :confused:
Huh? lol

tobi
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:26 AM
I twisted my ankle long while ago when I was doing cross country running and few little injuries when I was playing tennis,still have some back problems after long back to back tennis matches.

Sam L
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:26 AM
I twisted my ankle ice skating.

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:29 AM
I twisted my ankle long while ago when I was doing cross country running and few little injuries when I was playing tennis,still have some back problems after long back to back tennis matches.

you should rest for a while and be ready. Since i am plannşng something and i will upset you in tennis next year if you come again ;)

I want to put this plan in practice next year for all of us :)

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:30 AM
I twisted my ankle ice skating.

In ice skating, i sometimes fell into my face

tobi
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:30 AM
you should rest for a while and be ready. Since i am plannşng something and i will upset you in tennis next year if you come again ;)

I want to put this plan in practice next year for all of us :)
cool :cool:

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:33 AM
cool :cool:

The plan is to come together for the holiday here in a touristic place, maybe in Antalya. I am planning to rent a house. But these are for special people :)

tobi
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:37 AM
The plan is to come together for the holiday here in a touristic place, maybe in Antalya. I am planning to rent a house. But these are for special people :)
:eek: wow,that sounds great ;)

Gowza
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:41 AM
shin splints if you count that, rolled ankles, broken ribs, broken toes, broken growth plates (fingers and toes), sprained wrists/ankles, ligament and tendon damage in knees, fingers, ankles, torn rotator cuff, muscle wasting/nerve damage (same shoulder as rotator cuff), back injuries but none too serious fortunately, muscle damage along the humerous, broken cheek bone, hairline fracture in the nose (playing squash). i can't remember anymore. but nothing really that serious besides the nerve damage and the rotator cuff has caused some permanent damage but not too bad.

Patrick S
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:42 AM
I have dislocated my knees maybe eight times. When i was twelve someone threw a tabletennis racket and managed to hit me right in the forehead, i dont think ive ever seen so much blood before or since.

geoepee
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:43 AM
Right now, i'm recovering from a knee injury I got in Mid July from fencing, i dislocated my knee when i went for a lunge, and i tore my meniscus and damaged my kneecap :sad: i had surgery right around the US OPEN and I've been going to rehab since...

but i'v had a lot of minor injuries that didnt require surgery from fencing but this one is the most serious so far...

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:45 AM
shin splints if you count that, rolled ankles, broken ribs, broken toes, broken growth plates (fingers and toes), sprained wrists/ankles, ligament and tendon damage in knees, fingers, ankles, torn rotator cuff, muscle wasting/nerve damage (same shoulder as rotator cuff), back injuries but none too serious fortunately, muscle damage along the humerous, broken cheek bone, hairline fracture in the nose (playing squash). i can't remember anymore. but nothing really that serious besides the nerve damage and the rotator cuff has caused some permanent damage but not too bad.

OMG :eek:

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:46 AM
Right now, i'm recovering from a knee injury I got in Mid July from fencing, i dislocated my knee when i went for a lunge, and i tore my meniscus and damaged my kneecap :sad: i had surgery right around the US OPEN and I've been going to rehab since...

but i'v had a lot of minor injuries that didnt require surgery from fencing but this one is the most serious so far...

Hope you get over quickly

geoepee
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:46 AM
Hope you get over quickly

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:49 AM
:eek: wow,that sounds great ;)

it will be great :) :bounce:

Paule22
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:50 AM
I broke my wrist while footballing, that was great. All the bones flooded with water!

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:52 AM
I broke my wrist while footballing, that was great. All the bones flooded with water!

it hurts :sad:

"Sluggy"
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:53 AM
Injuries: Broken fingers, several stiches above right eye, Broke C-6 and C-7 cervical vertebrae, sprained and resprained ankle, lost 90% left front tooth.

ceiling_fan
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:56 AM
yeah...

left clicking finger sprain from wtaworld sports

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:59 AM
yeah...

left clicking finger sprain from wtaworld sports
i see

Avid Merrion
Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:12 AM
broke my jaw in a cycling accident and shattered my palate and broke 2 teeth playing football :(

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 12:37 PM
broke my jaw in a cycling accident and shattered my palate and broke 2 teeth playing football :(

teeth :eek:

Infiniti2001
Oct 3rd, 2005, 02:03 PM
Dislocated my ring finger while playing netball in highschool many years ago. I can't crack it to this day :eek:

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 02:05 PM
Dislocated my ring finger while playing netball in highschool many years ago. I can't crack it to this day :eek:

:eek:

spike83
Oct 3rd, 2005, 02:20 PM
twist my ankle during tennis
retired from tennis match due to cramps
shoulder injury from serving

what a healthy sport tennis is :o ;)

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 02:22 PM
twist my ankle during tennis
retired from tennis match due to cramps
shoulder injury from serving

what a healthy sport tennis is :o ;)

i see ;)

the bambi
Oct 3rd, 2005, 02:41 PM
injured my left knee during a basketball game. it's better but i have to wear special sneakers and a brace during any kid of physical activity. sucks but just feel lucky to be able to play any sport cause you guys know bad knees are the kiss of death.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:27 PM
Strained my neck after doing gymnastics.... for whole day can't get neck straight.

Then basketball, where I injured my left ankle... can't walk properly for 4 days.

Also recently injured my knee when playing badminton... still feeling the effects now (albeit a slight one)... had to wear kneepad while playing.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:31 PM
torn achilles tendon, sprained my left ankle 5 times, broke a rib, had a gluteal strain.

matthias
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:32 PM
never
i wonder myself about this
because i played football, and now im playing tennis
but it seems im in good shape to avoid injuries

Rohin.
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:39 PM
haha ohh god where do I start :lol: :o

broken collar bone (football)
broken rib (mountain bikeing)
dislocated fingers (football)
broken thumb (cricket)
concusion (football)
torn calf (running)
shin splints (running)

lots of cuts as bruses ass well.. from all sorts of sports..

one thing I always seem to do when playing sport is manage to bleed from some area on my body lol.. usualy like elbows knees fingers palms etc.. my mates always used to give me shit about having weak skin :o :(

Maryamator
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
yeah but not alot just most of them where minor injuries while playing tennis. i just sprained my anckle once when i was playing tennis and it hurt ALOT!:o

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:04 PM
yeah but not alot just most of them where minor injuries while playing tennis. i just sprained my anckle once when i was playing tennis and it hurt ALOT!:o

sorry for u :kiss:

-Em-
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:06 PM
twisted ankles and a permanent back injury (both from basketball) :)

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:07 PM
Basketball sucks :(

Nicjac
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:12 PM
torn achilles tendon, sprained my left ankle 5 times, broke a rib, had a gluteal strain.

Ouch!

I broke a lot of bones over the years - call my clumsy - but related to sports I just broke four fingers, my shoulder blade, two short-rips, and my left ankle.

No tendons slashed yet. And I am y lousy skier!

There is a medical theory out there - people who break a lot of bones have longer tendons, and people who have their tendons ripped have too short tendons. So its either tendons or bones.

Don't know if it is true, but if - than my tendons are really too long.

BTW - do you have tendons in your head? Broke my skull once.

And no, that doesn't explain any behavioural changes lately. That happened in the 80 ;)

skanky~skanketta
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:58 PM
Ouch!

I broke a lot of bones over the years - call my clumsy - but related to sports I just broke four fingers, my shoulder blade, two short-rips, and my left ankle.

No tendons slashed yet. And I am y lousy skier!

There is a medical theory out there - people who break a lot of bones have longer tendons, and people who have their tendons ripped have too short tendons. So its either tendons or bones.

Don't know if it is true, but if - than my tendons are really too long.

BTW - do you have tendons in your head? Broke my skull once.

And no, that doesn't explain any behavioural changes lately. That happened in the 80 ;)good grief!that hurts!

oh, i've twisted my left knee skiing as well. fortunately, it was on a red slope and not a bunny hill, so there!

Nicjac
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:26 PM
good grief!that hurts!

oh, i've twisted my left knee skiing as well. fortunately, it was on a red slope and not a bunny hill, so there!

Well, you have an excuse.

I broke two fingers skiing - and now it is confessing time - standing on a bunny hill and suddenly sliding, while cracking some jokes.

I really can't do black slopes (hospital bill would be obnoxiously high) but I confuse red and blue slopes all the time. So my friends get me to go down red slopes (those with a claim to become black slopes next year in building in a lot of bumps) and I seriously fear about my state of well-being.

At least I am not Swiss, just live in Switzerland, or they would tell me to leave the country ASAP.

ampers&
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:32 PM
Broke a few fingers playing basketball and softball.
Broke my ankle playing soccer once.
That's it though..

skanky~skanketta
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:37 PM
Well, you have an excuse.

I broke two fingers skiing - and now it is confessing time - standing on a bunny hill and suddenly sliding, while cracking some jokes.

I really can't do black slopes (hospital bill would be obnoxiously high) but I confuse red and blue slopes all the time. So my friends get me to go down red slopes (those with a claim to become black slopes next year in building in a lot of bumps) and I seriously fear about my state of well-being.

At least I am not Swiss, just live in Switzerland, or they would tell me to leave the country ASAP.lol!that's not too bad. the way i broke my rib is worse. i was at a stadium with my friends and i did a backflip (i used to be a cheerleader in high school) and i nailed it. anyway, there was a cute guy checking me out so i decided to do a triple flip. landed the first two and on the third, due to me not having flipped in about 2 years, i landed on my chest. it hurt like hell. and that sonofabitch didn;t even bother coming over to help me out!:mad: and i had a bad flu the next week so every time i sneezed, it hurt like hell!

-Em-
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:40 PM
Basketball sucks :(

no way, basketball rocks :rocker2: :p

ampers&
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:42 PM
lol!that's not too bad. the way i broke my rib is worse. i was at a stadium with my friends and i did a backflip (i used to be a cheerleader in high school) and i nailed it. anyway, there was a cute guy checking me out so i decided to do a triple flip. landed the first two and on the third, due to me not having flipped in about 2 years, i landed on my chest. it hurt like hell. and that sonofabitch didn;t even bother coming over to help me out!:mad: and i had a bad flu the next week so every time i sneezed, it hurt like hell!
:haha:.........i mean....uhm.........:awww:

PamShriverRockz
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:49 PM
Eek! Some nasty injuries here...From playing (field) hockey, I have had horrible shoulder strains, torn a hamstring (the most painful thing ever), concussion- got whacked in the head by a stray hockey stick, I've had tendonitis from rowing and numerous knee problems.....yet when I played rugby, I never had one serious injury! Oh the irony. ;)

ys
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:55 PM
I had quite a bit.. They are a part of sports.. Annoying but what can you do..

I had strained shoulder ligament as result of skiing fall, had fracture of right foot from playing soccer, torn leg muscle as a result of another skiing fall, then I had an elbow injury from tennis, then , when because of that elbow injury I started playing lefthanded, I rolled my ankle ( forgot to adjust my footwork to a lefty's one.. :lol: ).. Injuries suck, but you have to come back stronger if you love the sport..:)

Nicjac
Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:12 PM
lol!that's not too bad. the way i broke my rib is worse. i was at a stadium with my friends and i did a backflip (i used to be a cheerleader in high school) and i nailed it. anyway, there was a cute guy checking me out so i decided to do a triple flip. landed the first two and on the third, due to me not having flipped in about 2 years, i landed on my chest. it hurt like hell. and that sonofabitch didn;t even bother coming over to help me out!:mad: and i had a bad flu the next week so every time i sneezed, it hurt like hell!

Well, if I would try to do a flip anyhow - on skies, ice skates, or whatever - my insurance company would throw me as soon as the sun gets up.

Broken rips really hurt, suddenly one realizes how important breathing is.

I heard once that you can break your rips sneazing ... if broken already that is REALLY painful.

Funny thing is I really like ice skating - watch it for hours.

katiektc
Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:46 PM
Eek! Some nasty injuries here...From playing (field) hockey, I have had horrible shoulder strains, torn a hamstring (the most painful thing ever), concussion- got whacked in the head by a stray hockey stick, I've had tendonitis from rowing and numerous knee problems.....yet when I played rugby, I never had one serious injury! Oh the irony. ;)

Ouch...! Plaster, TCP, Oreo? ;)

I've only ever had tendonitis in my wrists from playing too much tennis. Getting all strapped up rockz though.

PamShriverRockz
Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:38 PM
Ouch...! Plaster, TCP, Oreo? ;)

I've only ever had tendonitis in my wrists from playing too much tennis. Getting all strapped up rockz though.

Ahhhhh anyone would think you just Googled medical remedies O Doctor..... ;)

Don't forget the genius of Deep Heat!

Helen Lawson
Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:54 PM
I never got a traditional sports injury, but I sprained my back getting into a contorted sex position with Rex Harrison during the filming of "The Honeypot." I'd just lost Floyd and was on the re-bound. Fruity English actors were not Helen's cup of tea, Id had my shots at Lawrence Olivier and David Niven and had PASSED, but Rex as ALL MAN and one of the best I've ever had. He really knew how to lay a broad!

drake3781
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Knees are getting bad from swimming... used to swim competitively and now just for workout; its an overuse injury. I'll bet I'll need knee replacement surgery when I get older. They already hurt now. And when I walk on stairs I can HEAR my knees :scared: !!

spudrsca
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:44 PM
left ankle ligaments torn, I was playing basketball, was doing a reverse. I tried to avoid someone.

Kelly
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:50 PM
broke both wrists playing football
broke my wrist, fractured my elbow and shoulder in my my right arm playing netball
got whacked in the right knee with a hockey stick resulting in some ligament damage and my knee always stiffens up in cold weather now for some reason
have ligament and tendon damage in my right wrist and sometimes it hurts like hell and i cant move it...again normally when its cold weather
i was fielding in rounders and someone hit the ball but let go of the bat which flew straight at me and smacked me right on the head resulting in a huge bump and knocking me unconcious for about 45 minutes.
broken fingers and toes from various minor sporting accidents.....think i should look into life insurance lol

PaulieM
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:56 PM
aside from twisted ankles, shin splints and stuff, the most serious injury i've ever gotten was a stress fracture in my hip from hurdling. oh and a bulging disc in my back.

Maryamator
Oct 4th, 2005, 05:31 PM
ouch loads of injuries!

adam_ads_n
Oct 4th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Broke my feat during sports lessons march this year :D 6 weeks with no moving :P