PDA

View Full Version : Big Apple "Holla Back" Thread

Staticbeef
Oct 2nd, 2005, 12:03 PM
Canarsie in da house

Whats up with that 4 year old girl they found wandering around in Queens???
What are the Yankees chances this year????
Do we want 4 more of Bloomberg???

moon
Oct 2nd, 2005, 06:13 PM
Canarsie in da house

Whats up with that 4 year old girl they found wandering around in Queens???
What are the Yankees chances this year????
Do we want 4 more of Bloomberg???

1. That little girl is adorable. And it's a pity, but the found her mother dead.
2. Hopefully, slim to none.
3. HELL NO!

Staticbeef
Oct 2nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
1. That little girl is adorable. And it's a pity, but the found her mother dead.
2. Hopefully, slim to none.
3. HELL NO!

Yup, she sure is and pretty smart also. She speaks both English and Spanish fluently, but now she has only one parent and he is in Bolivia. Another one of the million stories in the "NAKED CITY"

Yankees will win again

Hey, this election is going to be a doozie, I mean, what does Ferrer realy have to offer? The pickins are slim.

Craigy
Oct 2nd, 2005, 09:34 PM
:wavey: i dont know whats goin on in here, but i thought id just post lol

Staticbeef
Oct 2nd, 2005, 10:05 PM
Boyfriend arraigned in woman's death
By NAHAL TOOSI
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

October 2, 2005, 2:08 PM EDT

A man accused of killing a woman and leaving her 4-year-old daughter on a Queens street was arraigned Sunday on multiple counts including murder, endangering the welfare of a child and tampering with evidence.

Cesar Ascarrunz, 32, had been arrested Saturday in connection to the death of 26-year-old Monica Lozada-Rivaineira.

Police were led to Ascarrunz by a dozen tips that came in from the public after 4-year-old Valery Lozada appeared on television Thursday.

The child, with her hair in pigtails, described her mother as looking "like a princess." Police ultimately used records from Valery's day care center to figure out her mother's identity.

Ascarrunz was remanded into custody after his arraignment on Sunday, said Kevin Ryan, spokesman for Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown. His next court date was scheduled for Oct. 17.

Ascarrunz's attorney, Christopher Renfroe, declined any comment.

Authorities were still looking for the body of Lozada-Rivaineira. Ascarrunz is accused of dumping her bagged corpse in a pile of trash on a Queens street corner.

Child welfare officials took the unusual step of putting Valery on television in the hopes that it would produce more information.

Authorities were unable to find her mother since she was discovered crying and shivering on the street in Queens. She told neighbors her father left her there and drove away.

Kevin Flood, a city firefighter who gave her a drink and a fruit snack that night, said her hair was tousled as if she had just been awakened. But she showed no signs of abuse and neglect, authorities said.

"She was scared. She was crying," said Flood, 34. "She said her daddy had left her on the corner." Valery had been asking to see her mother, but it was unclear if officials at the city Administration for Children's Services had told her of the death. A call seeking comment Sunday was not immediately returned.

Ascarrunz also was charged with reckless endangerment and child abandonment. If convicted on the murder charge, he faces 25 years to life in prison.

Lozada-Rivaineira was last seen at the apartment she shared with Ascarrunz late on Sept. 24, authorities said.

According to a criminal complaint, Ascarrunz choked Lozada-Rivaineira to death in the apartment, put her body in a plastic bag and left it in the living room for two days.

On Sept. 26, he took her body from the apartment and dumped it in a pile of trash on a Queens street corner, the complaint said.

Investigators found traces of blood throughout the apartment.

Ascarrunz told police he had cut Lozada-Rivaineira's throat in an effort to revive her after choking her, according to the complaint.

CC
Oct 2nd, 2005, 10:34 PM
So many young women are being killed by their husbands/boyfriends. :unsure:

Staticbeef
Oct 2nd, 2005, 11:45 PM
So many young women are being killed by their husbands/boyfriends. :unsure:

They still have not found the mothers body, and the little girl does not know. In many parts of the world, husbans kill their wives for a number of reasons and dont have to face any prosecution, I wonder if these ancient customs are coming to the USA with the influx of immigrants, also I beleive in some countries it is perfectly legal to maim or mutilate your wife or daughter for any perceived negative behavior. This is 2005 lets leave that caveman shit behind. :fiery:

moon
Oct 2nd, 2005, 11:57 PM
Yup, she sure is and pretty smart also. She speaks both English and Spanish fluently, but now she has only one parent and he is in Bolivia. Another one of the million stories in the "NAKED CITY"

Yankees will win again

Hey, this election is going to be a doozie, I mean, what does Ferrer realy have to offer? The pickins are slim.

I certainly would not want to be the one who had to tell the little girl that her Mommy is dead. I hope the boyfriend gets sent away for a long time. :(

The Yankees. :rolleyes: The hype is beginning again.
That's all anyone will be talking about for the next few weeks.
Go Boston or Anaheim!

YOu're right about Ferrero, a complete bozo. The pickings are very slim.
Bloomberg is being an ass about giving the teachers a raise. I pray to god I don't run into him on the street campaigning, coz then, it'll be :armed:

CC
Oct 3rd, 2005, 12:27 AM
They still have not found the mothers body, and the little girl does not know. In many parts of the world, husbans kill their wives for a number of reasons and dont have to face any prosecution, I wonder if these ancient customs are coming to the USA with the influx of immigrants, also I beleive in some countries it is perfectly legal to maim or mutilate your wife or daughter for any perceived negative behavior. This is 2005 lets leave that caveman shit behind. :fiery:

It has nothing to do with immigrants. Men from all walks of life are killing their women (and sometimes the children too).

Staticbeef
Oct 3rd, 2005, 12:52 AM
It has nothing to do with immigrants. Men from all walks of life are killing their women (and sometimes the children too).

Believe me I know that, I was just pointing out that a lot of countries still have ancient traditions and habits that find nothing wrong with this type of barbarism, Brazil comes to mind, also India

Preferential Treatment of Offenders

The reportedly lenient treatment accorded assailants in wife-murder cases is especially troubling because a large majority of defendants are already "privileged" under Brazilian law as first-time offenders.66 As one defense attorney interviewed noted, "You don't kill your wife twice."67 Because such offenders are often people of good standing with no prior record, the large majority not only defend their cases while at liberty but also receive reduced penalties.

The principle of first-time offender was introduced in Brazil in a 1977 penal code reform which became known as the Lei Fleury (Fleury Law, named after a notorious police chief who was one of its early beneficiaries). The Fleury Law affects all forms of imprisonment for first-time offenders awaiting trial, sentencing or a decision on appeal. It gives judges discretion at any of these stages to grant liberty to first offenders pending a judicial decision on the merits, so long as there is no cause for preventive detention. Preventive detention is only used by judges to preserve the public order and to ensure the appearance of the accused at trial or pending appeal. The 1990 heinous-crimes law modified the Fleury Law, exempting from its benefit first-time offenders accused of heinous crimes, including rape.

Criminal defendants should be accorded reasonable bail. However, social prejudices lead judges to release offenders in wife-murder cases far more often than in other homicide cases, even when there is a legal basis for their detention. According to several defense attorneys and judges interviewed by Human Rights Watch, an estimated 90 percent of the defendants who areconvicted in wife-murder cases pursue their case without ever spending a night in custody until they are finally sentenced, which is often years later.

In the Aníbal Abreu e Silva case discussed above, the prosecution requested the preventive detention of the accused on the grounds that he had fled the scene of the crime and retained ample means to flee the country. The judge denied the prosecution's request, leaving Anibal to pursue his case while at liberty, a status which benefits the accused in several ways, which includes exacerbating the judicial system's already chronic delay. As one defense lawyer noted, "time gained by being at liberty works in favor of the accused. Society begins to forget."68 Moreover, according to judges and prosecutors with whom we spoke, offenders in wife-murder cases often take advantage of their freedom to flee, thereby rendering prosecution—which in Brazil requires the presence of the accused—practically impossible.

First-offender benefits are also invoked after conviction. One criminal court judge asserted:

Our law is loose and sloppy. Somebody's condemned to six years for killing his wife and he's a first-time offender with a good background, he won't even serve eighteen months. He usually goes to a semi-open prison and then one year later is granted conditional liberty (liberdade condicional) which is not linked to anything. We don't even watch him.69

The benefits of provisional liberty for deserving candidates should be preserved, but judges should weigh such liberty against the gravity of the crime, the desirability of speedy justice, and the potential for injustice resulting from flight—and should not allow social prejudice about the crime to influence their judgment. The Brazilian government is not per se responsible for deeply rooted social prejudices which underlie the honor defense, misapplication of the violent emotion defense, unwarranted reduction of charges in wife-murders and preferential treatment of offenders. Nor are such discriminatory attitudes unique to Brazil. However, insofar as Brazil's police and judges legitimate such prejudices by routinely allowing them to influence their disposition of wife-murder cases, the government is responsible for failing to fulfill itsobligations under both domestic and international law to guarantee equal protection to its citizens without regard to sex.

66 Several activists interviewed by Human Rights Watch pointed out that first-time-offender status would be denied to any perpetrator who had a previous record, and that many wife-murder crimes culminate a long period of domestic abuse. Unfortunately, as detailed in the section of this report on battery, such crimes often are not reported to the police, or, more important, when reported, are not always registered in an official police bulletin. And, even when registered, they are rarely prosecuted. Thus a wife-murderer who is a "first time offender" might actually have a history of committing domestic abuse, but it would not necessarily have been registered with the authorities.

67 Interview, Clóvis Sahione, attorney, April 1991.

68 Interview, Zulaiê Ribeiro, April 1991.

69 Interview, Judge Roberto Ferreira Lins, April 1991.

Human Rights Watch
350 Fifth Ave
34th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10118

Staticbeef
Oct 3rd, 2005, 01:02 AM
lol-

Tarver Retains Title in 12-Round Trilogy Showdown
Former four-division world champion Roy Jones cast away doubts that his career is over, but he was unable to topple Antonio Tarver. Jones went the distance with the light heavyweight champion but fell by unanimous decision. Go Inside the Fight

Shane Mosley is Back
"Sugar" Tops Cruz at Welterweight

Staticbeef
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
lol-

Tarver Retains Title in 12-Round Trilogy Showdown
Former four-division world champion Roy Jones cast away doubts that his career is over, but he was unable to topple Antonio Tarver. Jones went the distance with the light heavyweight champion but fell by unanimous decision. Go Inside the Fight

Shane Mosley is Back
"Sugar" Tops Cruz at Welterweight

Damn, the word is Roy Jones bitched up, in there, who would have thunk it?????

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:32 PM
This whole thing about the little girl just breaks my heart...:sad:

Staticbeef
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:37 PM
This whole thing about the little girl just breaks my heart...:sad:

I hear Ya, there seems to be much interest in adopting her, God has a way of taking care of the innocent.

Staticbeef
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Kick his ass Charlie

Updated: 05:29 AM EDT
Cheney Says New York's Rangel Is 'Losing It'
By DEVLIN BARRETT, AP

Getty Images
Vice President Cheney struck back at Rep. Charles Rangel, a frequent critic of White House policy.

Talk About It: Post Thoughts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON (Oct. 3) - Vice President Dick Cheney contended Monday that Rep. Charles Rangel, the dean of New York's congressional delegation, is "losing it" - striking back after months of verbal attacks from the Harlem lawmaker.

Rangel had criticized Cheney in recent interviews, saying the vice president, who has a history of heart trouble, might be too sick to perform his job.

"I would like to believe he's sick rather than just mean and evil," Rangel said last Friday on NY1, the New York City-based all-news channel.

In an interview with nationally syndicated radio host Rush Limbaugh, the 64-year-old Cheney suggested it was the 75-year-old Rangel who may not be up to the demands of his job.

"I'm frankly surprised at his comments. It almost struck me - they were so out of line, it almost struck me that there was some - Charlie was having some problem," said Cheney.

"Charlie is losing it, I guess."

Cheney added to his criticism later in the day in an interview with conservative radio talk show host Sean Hannity.

"I don't know what I did to offend him, but he's gotten pretty nasty lately.... I think Charlie is a lot older than I am, and it shows," said the vice president.

Rangel, the top Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee, is one of Congress' most caustic critics of the Bush administration. He has denounced the administration's handling of the Iraq war, tax policy, and a host of other matters.

Emile Milne, Rangel's spokesman, refused to comment on Cheney's remarks.

Rangel's verbal broadsides on Cheney escalated in late August, when the same local news station asked him if President Bush was spending too much time on vacation.

"Oh no, it makes the country a lot more safe," Rangel said. "The further Bush is away from Washington, the better it is. And sometimes I don't think even Cheney is awake enough to know what's going on."

Cheney, 64, has had four heart attacks, quadruple bypass surgery, two artery-clearing angioplasties and a pacemaker placed in his chest. An annual heart checkup in July found him in good health.

On Sept. 24, Cheney had surgery to repair aneurysms behind both knees and was walking with a cane last week as a result.

10/03/05 19:33 EDT

moon
Oct 4th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Kick his ass Charlie

Updated: 05:29 AM EDT
Cheney Says New York's Rangel Is 'Losing It'
By DEVLIN BARRETT, AP

Getty Images
Vice President Cheney struck back at Rep. Charles Rangel, a frequent critic of White House policy.

Talk About It: Post Thoughts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON (Oct. 3) - Vice President Dick Cheney contended Monday that Rep. Charles Rangel, the dean of New York's congressional delegation, is "losing it" - striking back after months of verbal attacks from the Harlem lawmaker.

Rangel had criticized Cheney in recent interviews, saying the vice president, who has a history of heart trouble, might be too sick to perform his job.

"I would like to believe he's sick rather than just mean and evil," Rangel said last Friday on NY1, the New York City-based all-news channel.

In an interview with nationally syndicated radio host Rush Limbaugh, the 64-year-old Cheney suggested it was the 75-year-old Rangel who may not be up to the demands of his job.

"I'm frankly surprised at his comments. It almost struck me - they were so out of line, it almost struck me that there was some - Charlie was having some problem," said Cheney.

"Charlie is losing it, I guess."

Cheney added to his criticism later in the day in an interview with conservative radio talk show host Sean Hannity.

"I don't know what I did to offend him, but he's gotten pretty nasty lately.... I think Charlie is a lot older than I am, and it shows," said the vice president.

Rangel, the top Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee, is one of Congress' most caustic critics of the Bush administration. He has denounced the administration's handling of the Iraq war, tax policy, and a host of other matters.

Emile Milne, Rangel's spokesman, refused to comment on Cheney's remarks.

Rangel's verbal broadsides on Cheney escalated in late August, when the same local news station asked him if President Bush was spending too much time on vacation.

"Oh no, it makes the country a lot more safe," Rangel said. "The further Bush is away from Washington, the better it is. And sometimes I don't think even Cheney is awake enough to know what's going on."

Cheney, 64, has had four heart attacks, quadruple bypass surgery, two artery-clearing angioplasties and a pacemaker placed in his chest. An annual heart checkup in July found him in good health.

On Sept. 24, Cheney had surgery to repair aneurysms behind both knees and was walking with a cane last week as a result.

10/03/05 19:33 EDT

Dick Cheney is only 64? :lol::lol::lol: He looks about 10yrs older.

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:14 PM

10 yrs old? :unsure:

Wigglytuff
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:18 PM
i was thinking like 25 years older :scared:

Wigglytuff
Oct 4th, 2005, 08:20 PM
can someone tell me whats going with the teacher raise issue? i should know ab out these things but i am too busy buying yarn on the internet (i bought 25 skeins of yard in the last 2 days :o ) to read up on these things.

Staticbeef
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:01 PM
can someone tell me whats going with the teacher raise issue? i should know ab out these things but i am too busy buying yarn on the internet (i bought 25 skeins of yard in the last 2 days :o ) to read up on these things.

Bloomberg, gave in I think they get 15 o/o across the board. Of course there is an election coming.

Staticbeef
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:01 PM

Bloomberg, gave in I think they get 15 o/o across the board. Of course there is an election coming.

Wigglytuff
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:57 PM
15%???

sweet!! :bounce:

Staticbeef
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:13 PM
15%???

sweet!! :bounce:

City Finally Reaches Contract Deal With Teachers' Union

October 04, 2005

After working without a contract for more than two years, the city’s public school teachers now have a new deal, after the United Federation of Teachers came to a tentative agreement with City Hall Monday.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Schools Chancellor Joel Klein and UFT President Randi Weingarten announced details of the plan this afternoon at a press conference at City Hall.

The contract, which still needs to be ratified by the UFT rank and file, includes a 15 percent pay raise for teachers over the next four years. That will bring the starting salary for a new teacher to just over $42,0000 a year.

In exchange, the school year will be extended by two days, and teachers will be required to provide some extra tutoring time after class.

“The contract reforms cover three principle areas. They will substantially increase the time teachers spend on instruction and student support activities, especially for struggling students; they greatly empower principals to be true educational leaders in their schools; and they will increase school safety and also make it easier to discharge teachers for serious breaches of the law or chronic absenteeism,” said Bloomberg.

The deal comes after several days of renewed talks between the city and the teachers union, who had threatened a walk out if no deal was reached.

If approved, the new contract will be in affect until October 12, 2007.

NY1 Education Reporter Jennifer Rainville filed this report.

“This is a really good day for our teachers, our children and this city," said UFT President Randi Weingarten.

The teachers’ union was beaming as she stood side-by-side with Mayor Bloomberg Monday to announce that after two years of wrangling the two sides have finally reached a deal. It’s an agreement that not only covers the past two years, but the next two as well.

“If you take a look at this contract, it is a winner for both sides,” said Bloomberg.

Teachers will get a 15 percent pay raise, about 11.5 percent by next month and the rest next year. That's in exchange for a number of givebacks the Bloomberg administration had been fighting for, including adding 10 minutes of teaching time to the school day, the elimination of seniority transfers - where teachers with the most years on the job got to pick where they'd work - and allowing principals to assign hall patrol, home room and lunch room duty to teachers, something they were exempt from before.

However, teachers will have a choice of which assignment to accept.

“It will make us more efficient, more effective and more cohesive, and I'm delighted with the outcome,” said Schools Chancellor Joel Klein.

In fact, both sides seem to have gotten just about everything they were looking for, which for the teachers was all about money.

“This is a monumental step, one that is crucial to attracting and retaining the highest quality of teachers in our schools, and attracting and retaining teachers who are of the highest quality is the key reform," said Weingarten.

“We recognize that first rate education requires the best teachers, and we are committed to paying salaries for teachers that reflect that," added Bloomberg.

The agreement, which still needs to be ratified by union members, would essentially close the pay gap between city teachers and their suburban counterparts, eventually costing the city an additional $750 million a year.

The Citizens Budget Commission praised the exchange of more money for more work, but the watchdog group pointed out the money could have been used to hire 10,000 more teachers. And they said, the contract sets an expensive precedent for future labor deals.

- Jennifer Rainville

Wigglytuff
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:49 PM
cool,
thank you for the articles

Staticbeef
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:59 PM
cool,
thank you for the articles
lol, you owe me a good rep for that Katrina mistake :kiss:

Wigglytuff
Oct 5th, 2005, 12:14 AM
lol, you owe me a good rep for that Katrina mistake :kiss:
done!! :bounce: :worship:

moon
Oct 5th, 2005, 05:03 AM
It is not all about money for the teachers. That was a big issue. It's all about respect, and getting paid what we're worth. A lot of the teachers I know, can't even afford to live in the neighborhoods where they teach, even with the raise.

Plus, there are many "givebacks" in this contract, so the 15% is not as good in reality as it sounds.
I happen to work at a good school, so I probably won't be too affected one way or the other. But alot of these "givebacks" are bullshit!

Wigglytuff
Oct 5th, 2005, 05:31 AM
It is not all about money for the teachers. That was a big issue. It's all about respect, and getting paid what we're worth. A lot of the teachers I know, can't even afford to live in the neighborhoods where they teach, even with the raise.

Plus, there are many "givebacks" in this contract, so the 15% is not as good in reality as it sounds.
I happen to work at a good school, so I probably won't be too affected one way or the other. But alot of these "givebacks" are bullshit!
:o
true.

i dont know about the give backs, as i am not getting paid this year. but by the time i am done with the program i will be faced with 70-80K in student loans ( :hysteric: :bigcry: :explode: ), and am going to need every penny in extra pay i can get.

Staticbeef
Oct 7th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Is, He Playing us???????

Updated: 04:01 PM EDT
Three in Iraq Held in Connection With Subway Threat
New York City Beefs Up Security Throughout Mass Transit System
By MICHAEL WEISSENSTEIN, AP

NEW YORK (Oct. 7) - The investigation into an alleged plot to bomb the city's subway moved forward on several fronts Friday as a third suspect was arrested in Iraq and authorities looked into whether a fourth person had traveled to New York as part of the scheme, officials said.

AP
Police officers in protective gear investigate a suspicious package that closed part of the Amtrak waiting area at Penn Station for about two hours.

A law enforcement official familiar with the case said the man's trip to New York was described by an informant who had spent time in Afghanistan and proved reliable in past investigations.

"He's been a source of multiple correct information in the past," the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the continuing investigation. "Does that mean a fourth person he identified is in fact in New York? We don't know that."

The official added that authorities had not confirmed whether the fourth man even exists.

Alarmed by the informant's report of a plot to attack city subways with as many as 19 bombs in bags and possibly baby strollers, U.S. forces in Iraq arrested two suspected plotters who had been under close surveillance until Thursday morning, officials said. The third escaped until his arrest Friday.

City officials posted thousands of additional uniformed and plainclothes officers throughout the subway system and warned New Yorkers to keep their eyes open for anything out of the ordinary.

The announcement sparked behind-the-scenes jostling with security officials in Washington, who downplayed the threat and suggested that Mayor Michael Bloomberg may have overreacted.

Reuters
The subway is under its most specific threat of an attack ever, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said.

Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly vigorously defended their reaction Friday.

"We did exactly the right thing," Kelly said.

Those arrested had received explosives training in Afghanistan, a law enforcement official said Friday. They had planned to travel through Syria to New York, and then meet with an unspecified number of operatives to carry out the bombings. The official said that the threat was "specific to place," and that the window for the attack was anywhere from Friday through at least the weekend.

A federal official said one of the suspects arrested in Iraq apparently told interrogators that more than a dozen people were involved in the plot, and that they were of various nationalities, including Afghans, Syrians and Iraqis, the official said.

"There could be one or many," the official said, who had been briefed on the case and spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing. "We just don't know. There may not be any."

Kelly, Bloomberg and other city officials declined to release details of the alleged plot, saying much of the information was classified.

Bloomberg called the plot report the most specific terrorist threat that New York officials had received to date and said it was essential that authorities err on the side of caution when protecting the city of 8 million.

"If I'm going to make a mistake you can rest assured it is on the side of being cautious," Bloomberg said at a news conference, flanked by Kelly.

A law enforcement official said the informant had failed parts of a polygraph test but appeared to be telling the truth in response to questions dealing with the alleged plot.

But Homeland Security officials in Washington said the threat was of "doubtful credibility."

President Bush said Friday that New York City officials exercised their prerogative in publicizing the threat. Asked if he thought New York officials had overreacted, Bush said: "I think they took the information we gave and made the judgments they thought were necessary."

Near the Port Authority Bus Terminal on Friday, more officers were visible on the streets, and one lane of traffic on Ninth Avenue was reserved for emergency vehicles.

"Hopefully, God's with me and I'll be OK," Vinnie Stella said as he entered the subway at Penn Station.

Rob Johnson, 30, said he was not worried: "The cops have it under control."

In Baghdad, spokesmen for the U.S. military and the U.S. Embassy declined to comment on the arrests.

An estimated 4.5 million passengers ride the New York subway on an average weekday. The system has more than 468 subway stations. In July, the city began random subway searches in the wake of the train bombings in London.

Associated Press Writers Pat Milton, Sam Dolnick and Jim Fitzgerald in New York, and Devlin Barrett and Lara Jakes Jordan in Washington, contributed to this report.

10/7/2005 15:27 EDT

moon
Oct 8th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Probably taking a cue from Bush, to deflect from the fact that he didn't show up at the Apollo. :lol:

Staticbeef
Oct 8th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Probably taking a cue from Bush, to deflect from the fact that he didn't show up at the Apollo. :lol:Damn, they are taking this alert seriously. Cops everywhere, They said the attack is supposed to come Sunday, that Tommorow

Staticbeef
Oct 8th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Damn, they are taking this alert seriously. Cops everywhere, They said the attack is supposed to come Sunday, that Tommorow

Dayum, guys, this is getting strange. COPS EVERYWHERE, in the rain

Tennisace
Oct 9th, 2005, 12:12 AM

Now if we could only get the respect we deserve from our students ;) If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been a teacher in NYC?

Tennisace
Oct 9th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Damn, they are taking this alert seriously. Cops everywhere, They said the attack is supposed to come Sunday, that Tommorow

Why would they attack on Sunday, no one will be going to work. That and then there is Monday's holiday.

moon
Oct 9th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Why would they attack on Sunday, no one will be going to work. That and then there is Monday's holiday.

I agree, doesn't make much sense. But that being said, I won't be taking the subway today! :p

ps--they're supposed to 50million cops at Yankee stadium tonight. Have to protect the precious Yankees. :rolleyes:

Staticbeef
Oct 9th, 2005, 09:42 PM
I agree, doesn't make much sense. But that being said, I won't be taking the subway today! :p

ps--they're supposed to 50million cops at Yankee stadium tonight. Have to protect the precious Yankees. :rolleyes:

:unsure: :shrug: :shrug: Wonder if any of dem cops got a good fast ball???