PDA

View Full Version : Otylia Jedrzejczak's accident- her brother died :(

adam_ads_n
Oct 1st, 2005, 05:51 PM
Otylia Jędrzejczak, złota medalistka w pływaniu, miała wypadek samochodowy pod Płońskiem niedaleko Warszawy. Na miejscu zginął 19-letni brat Otylii. Pływaczka przebywa w szpitalu w stanie ciężkim
Jak podał Tadeusz Kaczmarek z mazowieckiej policji, Otylia jechała chryslerem razem z bratem, w pewnym momencie zjechała na lewą stronę drogi; chrysler uderzył w drzewo.
------------------------------------------
Otylia Jedrzejczak, gold medallist in swimming, has a car accident near Płońsk (near Warsaw). 19-year-old Otylia's brother died in the place of the accident. Swimmer is in the hospital and her condition is described as a hard.
As Tadeusz Kaczmarek from Mazovian police said: Otylia drove a Chrysler with her brother, and immediately she went to the left side of the road and the Chrysler car hit a tree.

Damn- I wish her all the best. Let her be alive. Sad to her her brother is dead cause it has to be a terrible feeling for her.

Wiggly
Oct 1st, 2005, 05:58 PM
:eek: :sad: Shocking|

Bartek
Oct 1st, 2005, 05:58 PM
God please, save Otylia...

SloKid
Oct 1st, 2005, 05:59 PM
That is terrible news. Otylia is one of the swimmers I really admire, she is a great person too, she even sold her olympic gold medal she won in Athens for charity. She was preparing for big competitions in Slovenia in the past. I hope she pulls through.
Too bad about her brother though.

adam_ads_n
Oct 1st, 2005, 06:00 PM
:eek: :sad: Shocking|
Breaking news: condition hard but stable. Very shocking piece of news :(

adam_ads_n
Oct 1st, 2005, 06:04 PM
That is terrible news. Otylia is one of the swimmers I really admire, she is a great person too, she even sold her olympic gold medal she won in Athens for charity. She was preparing for big competitions in Slovenia in the past. I hope she pulls through.
Too bad about her brother though.
She is very admired in Poland as well. She is as popular as for ex. Adam Małysz. Millions of people watched her at night in Montreal... I will keep u updated about her in this thread.

adam_ads_n
Oct 1st, 2005, 06:07 PM
FAKTY TVN: she is alive, and stable. She is woken up and now shje is having some examinings on her body.

Pszczelny
Oct 1st, 2005, 06:13 PM
:sad: ...

jrm
Oct 1st, 2005, 06:20 PM
I don't like to read sad news ... get well soon Otylia and sorry for the tragic loss

forever_rafter
Oct 1st, 2005, 06:27 PM
Trzymaj sie Oti!

adam_ads_n
Oct 1st, 2005, 06:31 PM
Sport TVN: Her life is safe...hope they are right

Experimentee
Oct 1st, 2005, 06:50 PM
Get well Otylia :sad:

adam_ads_n
Oct 1st, 2005, 07:08 PM
Update: She is in the hospital. Her condition becomes good. She had an accident during the overataking of some cars. Death of her brother-unfolrtunately-confirmed. I know she went to the big hole next to the street and her car crashed into the tree then.

Maajken
Oct 1st, 2005, 07:44 PM
:sad: please let her be ok *crossing fingers*

does anyone know what kind of injuries she has?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 1st, 2005, 08:05 PM
Olympic swimmer Jedrzejczak hospitalized

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20041220/Jedrzejczak_37427.jpg Associated Press

10/1/2005 1:31:52 PM

WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Olympic champion swimmer Otylia Jedrzejczak of Poland was hospitalized in serious condition Saturday after a car crash in which her younger brother died.

Jedrzejczak, a world-record holder, was driving with her brother about 65 kilometres from Warsaw when her car skidded off the road and hit a tree, Szczepan Cieslik, an officer in Radom, told The Associated Press. Her 19-year-old brother, Szymon, was killed, Cieslik said.

The 22-year-old swimmer was conscious and undergoing tests, and in serious condition in Plock hospital, nearly 100 kilometres from the capital, the officer added.

Jedrzejczak won a gold medal in the 200-metre butterfly and two silver medals at the 2004 Athens Olympics. Earlier this year in Montreal, she won the world title in the 200 butterfly and set a world record at the distance.

adam_ads_n
Oct 1st, 2005, 08:18 PM
Olympic swimmer Jedrzejczak hospitalized

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20041220/Jedrzejczak_37427.jpg Associated Press

10/1/2005 1:31:52 PM

WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Olympic champion swimmer Otylia Jedrzejczak of Poland was hospitalized in serious condition Saturday after a car crash in which her younger brother died.

Jedrzejczak, a world-record holder, was driving with her brother about 65 kilometres from Warsaw when her car skidded off the road and hit a tree, Szczepan Cieslik, an officer in Radom, told The Associated Press. Her 19-year-old brother, Szymon, was killed, Cieslik said.

The 22-year-old swimmer was conscious and undergoing tests, and in serious condition in Plock hospital, nearly 100 kilometres from the capital, the officer added.

Jedrzejczak won a gold medal in the 200-metre butterfly and two silver medals at the 2004 Athens Olympics. Earlier this year in Montreal, she won the world title in the 200 butterfly and set a world record at the distance.

Polish news agencies report that she is ok but in a great shock. Some doctor said she will be able to get back to sport. But the worst thing is about Szymon- her brother. He was at the same age as I am now. It has to be a big tragedy to all her family.
And the accident is most awful after yesterdays tragedy od 18 year old people going to famous polish sanctuary to pray for matura-exam (the exam taken at the end of the secondary school in Poland) results :( (They burned in the burning bus, or simply died during the bus crash which caught fire seconds after)

Wiggly
Oct 1st, 2005, 08:26 PM
I read then she always repeat "I will never drive again, I kill my brother" :sad:

Jakub
Oct 1st, 2005, 09:20 PM
I read then she always repeat "I will never drive again, I kill my brother" :sad:

yes, that are Olylia`s words :sad::sad::sad:

what is going on in Poland recently ?? :bigcry:
first Arek Gołaś , yesterday 13 young people who went to pray fro high school graduation exams and today Otylia`s brother :sad::sad:

I saw the car in polish tv ...it looked totaly demolished :eek: God really saved her - unlike her brother :sad:

Dexter
Oct 1st, 2005, 09:24 PM
OMG... I just got know that!!! I'm just shocked :eek:
Get well soon :sad:

Too bad about Szymon :(:(:(

So many deaths recently... Arek Gołaś, yesterday terrible accident near Białystok (13 fatalities) and now this ... It must stop! :o

hablo
Oct 1st, 2005, 09:34 PM
I just read about it on RDS, she sounds pretty devastated :sad:

http://www.rds.ca/amateurs/chroniques/189087.html

Jedrzejczak grièvement blessée

La Polonaise Otylia Jedrzejczak lors des épreuve présentées à Montréal. Samedi 01 octobre 2005 - VARSOVIE (AFP) - La Polonaise Otylia Jedrzejczak, championne olympique et championne du monde de natation, a été grièvement blessée dans un accident de la route samedi soir près de Plonsk, à 70 km au nord-ouest de Varsovie, a annoncé la police locale.

Le frère de la championne, Szymon, qui voyageait avec elle, a été tué dans cet accident et Otylia Jedrzejczak a été hospitalisée dans un état grave, a précisé un porte-parole de la police, Tadeusz Kaczmarek, cité par l'agence PAP.

La nageuse, médaille d'or aux jeux Olympiques d'Athènes en 2004 et championne du monde du 200 m papillon à Montréal en juillet, était au volant de sa voiture.

Selon des témoins, elle était en train de doubler d'autres voitures quand son véhicule a quitté la route, avant de s'écraser contre un arbre, a précisé M. Kaczmarek.

L'entraîneur de la nageuse, Pawel Slonimski, a déclaré qu'elle se trouvait "en état de choc".

"Elle ne laisse personne s'approcher d'elle, elle se plaint des douleurs à la colonne vertébrale, aux côtes, elle a la tête et les mains bandées. Elle ne cesse de répéter: +je ne prendrai jamais le volant d'une voiture, j'ai tué mon frère+", a-t-il déclaré à la télévision publique TVP.

Le frère d'Otylia, Szymon Jedrzejczak, était aussi nageur, finaliste du Championnat de Pologne.

schris
Oct 1st, 2005, 09:43 PM
It`s really very sad :sad: I pray for her and her family...

Freakan
Oct 1st, 2005, 09:55 PM
Poor Otylia :sad:

Vamos Feńa
Oct 1st, 2005, 11:13 PM
This is just too shocking and sad :sad::speakles:
Otylia :sad::sad: Take care...
Simon Rest In Piece :sad:

mandy7
Oct 2nd, 2005, 03:06 AM
:sad:
i was out clubbing when a friend of mine sent me a text with the news
finished my drink and headed home, wasn't in a party mood anymore,
she's my fave none dutch swimmer,
i'm glad she's okay
:sad: about her brother though

polishprodigy
Oct 2nd, 2005, 03:16 AM
Otylia :sad:

I hope you are able to recover from this horrific tragedy.

tennisjam
Oct 2nd, 2005, 10:57 AM
so sad...

Rohin.
Oct 2nd, 2005, 11:08 AM
omg! :sad:

Tenisci
Oct 2nd, 2005, 02:54 PM
I saw her in Turkey this year. Hope everything will be better