PDA

View Full Version : Something strange in the Jewel´s song "INTUITION"

[S@nti]
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:12 PM
I´m bored.. I know :p but I was listening "Intuition" from Jewel and I noticed something in the lyrics

"They say Miss J's big butt is boss
Kate Moss can't find a job
In a world of post modern fad
What was good now is bad "

Any thoughts? Is she a fortune teller or something ? :p

PaulieM
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:18 PM
here are my thoughts:
what ridiculous lyrics.

deja_entendu
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:22 PM
post-modern fad? lol did she copy and paste from 'lyrics for dummies'

Cariaoke
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:28 PM
lol I noticed when she was doing Rimmel ads and she was no longer runway... that's what I think she was referring to. Even more funny now.

[S@nti]
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:28 PM
lol actually I like this song :p despite the lyrics

deja_entendu
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:34 PM
HAHAHA anyone remember when Kurt Loder of MTV interviewed Jewel and he bluntly told her that certain lyrics of hers were WRONG (she totally did not know the definition of some word) :haha:

Hayato
Sep 30th, 2005, 11:30 PM
great song :cool: I don't know what she's implying :lol:

Geisha
Sep 30th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Jewel should stick to her good songs. Foolish Games, Who Will Save Your Soul, Pieces of You...

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 1st, 2005, 01:59 AM
:lol: I actually listened to that song today and thought about the same thing!

SelesFan70
Oct 1st, 2005, 02:10 AM
That video is just :retard: She has NO rhythm!

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 1st, 2005, 03:05 AM
LOL, people are still giving Jewel a hard time over this.

It was a freaking parody and nobody seems to understand it. She tried to make herself look foolish.

[S@nti]
Oct 1st, 2005, 10:52 AM
lol She looked hot for me :p

Fantastic
Oct 1st, 2005, 04:27 PM
The song was a satire, or a parody, as already mentioned. It was slightly ironic and even a bit sarcastic. Jewel said that she was reading a magazine when she wrote the song. She went through each page and lifted something for each line of the song. She's a kidder that old Jewel.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 1st, 2005, 07:29 PM
i :hearts: jewel!

and that song is :worship: my 2nd fave song of 2003. my #1 was sean paul's get busy.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 1st, 2005, 08:19 PM
I love that song, so catchy and stays in your head ALLLLLLL DAY/ALLLLLL NIGHT. Although, I must say I enjoy the Hands/Foolish Games/Jupiter Jewel much better.

PaulieM
Oct 1st, 2005, 08:27 PM
i liked the "old" jewel better. i love hands and you were meant for me

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 1st, 2005, 09:11 PM
Guys, she still is that metaphysical poet/lyricist. She just did a parody with Intuition. Nothing changed ;)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 1st, 2005, 10:37 PM
Jewel shouldnt be singing she should be whoring

tommyk75
Oct 2nd, 2005, 01:54 AM
Jewel's very earnest, but her lyrics do get hokey and loopy... In "Hands," she says, "My hands are small I know, but they're not yours, they are my own." That just sounds silly when you really think about...

But in Jewel's defense, she's certainly not alone in this. Pretty much everything in Alanis Morissette's "Ironic" lyrics were in fact NOT ironic.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 2nd, 2005, 01:57 PM
LOL, hence the title of the song.

Some of you folks fail to truly read into an artist's lyrics.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 2nd, 2005, 09:49 PM
Jewel's very earnest, but her lyrics do get hokey and loopy... In "Hands," she says, "My hands are small I know, but they're not yours, they are my own." That just sounds silly when you really think about...

But in Jewel's defense, she's certainly not alone in this. Pretty much everything in Alanis Morissette's "Ironic" lyrics were in fact NOT ironic.

In Jewel's defense however, "Hands" is a great poem. She talks about having the power to make a difference although she is just one person and her input would have little effect. But at the end only kindness really matters. It's a beautiful song.

I love Alanis, but she'll never be the lyricist/poet that Jewel is.

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 2nd, 2005, 09:51 PM
Jewel shouldnt be singing she should be whoring

:retard: Oh come on Steven :rolleyes:

Joana
Oct 2nd, 2005, 10:17 PM
She tried to make herself look foolish.

Apparently she succeeded.