Sep 30th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Good luck Lenita :bounce:

forever_rafter
Sep 30th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Cool, good luck Eleni!

RayRob
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:18 PM
:woohoo: stunning news!

It's a nice part of the draw she is in. Though Peschke is a tricky one, she always seems to end up in Lnei's part of the draw in singles or doubles. How many qualifier places are there in Filderstat? Is it four?

-Rache

Calliope.
Oct 1st, 2005, 12:41 PM
I don't know... But I think 4 too...

Bероника
Oct 1st, 2005, 04:20 PM
Pame!!!!!!

Calliope.
Oct 2nd, 2005, 03:01 PM
Q1: Eleni d. Husarova 60 61
Q2: Eleni d. Kerber 63 60
Q3: against Mattek

Pame Leni!! :bounce:

Bероника
Oct 2nd, 2005, 03:06 PM
wow impressive so far!!!

RayRob
Oct 2nd, 2005, 04:27 PM
Yes, great results so far - pretty easy wins. This just shows that she's at that stage where she is just too good for being outside the top 50 ;) hopefully she can make strides back in the top 50 and soon in the top 20, where I feel she truely is meant to be.

Just one more match in order to qualify, and boy do I hope she gets a good draw.....for a change!

I just looked at the draw, and the qualifiers either play Myskina, Dementieva or against another qualifier, but the winner of Q vs Q will face Clijsters in the second round :eek: I would hope that Eleni can get in the draw against either Dementieva or Myskina - but neither of these options are going to be easy.

Eleni is in the doubles with Jennifer. They play Medina Garrigues and Safina in the first round.

Let's hope that Eleni won't get the Clijsters draw....

-Rache :wavey:

RayRob
Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:36 PM
:woohoo:

Eleni qualified for the main draw with a final round win over the #2 qualifier seed Kveta Pleschke. The score was 4-6 7-6 (6) 7-6 (2) - so three very close and tough sets for Eleni. Many times in the match she was down and missed a lot of break point opportunities, but she fought back and made it to the main draw.

So far, the qualifiers haven't been placed in the draw.....hopefully we will know either a bit later tonight or maybe in the morning.

I've made the error of asking for overtime at work this week as when I asked, I forgot that it was the week of Filderstadt....lots of airtime on Eurosport. Surely, with the amount of Live coverage Eleni will make it on TV!? So anyway, I'll have to do my usual and work out what time she will be playing (if on the main court) and set the video tape (haven't seen her play since USO).

PAME ELENI! Well Done for qualifying!

Bye for now,
-Rache

forever_rafter
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Eleni plays Sprem in the 1st round and if she beats her she'll face Kim in the 2nd round. Pame!

spar
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Eleni super !!! Good reports about her last game in
http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=article&id=194

RayRob
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Eleni super !!! Good reports about her last game in
http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=article&id=194 (http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=article&id=194)

:confused: I didn't see any particularly nice or positive comments in that report. The writer began by saying that it was a very poor match - from the report it sounds like neither played their best tennis. The one thing I do get from the general comments was that Eleni was always having to hang in their and fight back. This surely is a great confidence boost, the fact that she wasn't playing her best tennis but somehow found a way to win - imagine if she played her best!

By the scorelines of her first two Qualie matches, it seesms like Eleni played some great tennis, let's how she can bring it back out against Sprem. I would hope that would be on Eurosport tomorrow - two former top 20 players trying to regain form etc - but I don't know. The one thing I was hoping against was that Eleni would be in the part of the draw that Kim is in for the second round....but never mind. We'll see if she can beat Sprem first.

Today though, Eleni and Jennifer are sheduled third on Court 3 for their doubles match against Madina Garrigues & Safina. I'll be at work so can't follow the results, so I hope for some good news when i get home. Perhaps Eleni can use this doubes match to iron out the rinkles in her game ;)

Must go now,

alibaby
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Eleni plays Sprem in the 1st round and if she beats her she'll face Kim in the 2nd round. Pame!
not easy to assess,that game...i really hope,lenii-baby brings enough confidence with her to filderstadt,because vs a strong player like karo,she will need it!
and i hope so much,to see on TV again,so please lenii-baby,get as far as you can here!!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

forever_rafter
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:14 PM
I hope to see Eleni on Tv too :bounce:

spar
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:27 PM
From reports you may see that Eleni fights for win. She may lost the second game with score 4-6 and easy to prepare to doubles competitions, but Eleni thought in another way .

forever_rafter
Oct 4th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Medina Garrigues/Safina (ESP/RUS) d. Daniilidou/Russell (GRE/USA) 64 62 :sad:

Better luck in singles tomorrow baby!

RayRob
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Medina Garrigues/Safina (ESP/RUS) d. Daniilidou/Russell (GRE/USA) 64 62 :sad:

Better luck in singles tomorrow baby!

Yeah, that's too bad. They don't seem to be getting a break in doubles since Birmingham, though Eleni did very well with Woehr just a few weeks ago.....they're just getting tough draws!

Tomorrow Eleni plays Sprem first on Court 3 so it won't be televised :mad: ....not that it matters, I'm at work anyway! I was going to check todays scores on my managers PC, but I realised that for some reason the IT admins have dissabled the option of deleting internet history.....which I would have had to have done in order to get away with it - :lol: Good job I checked that first....

Hopefully, if Eleni can beat Sprem that match against Kim is sure to be on TV....so let's hope Eleni can make it through to the second round :woohoo:

Bye for now,

Calliope.
Oct 5th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Eleni lost 3-6 6-3 5-7 :sad:

forever_rafter
Oct 5th, 2005, 06:46 PM
She faught well but why she always has to lose the 1st set? This slow start forces her to play 3 sets instead of 2...

elena_k
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:21 PM
:sad:i don't know what's wrong with her first set.if she could win it,maybe it was easier for her to hold her game together and win

RayRob
Oct 6th, 2005, 10:11 PM
:sad:i don't know what's wrong with her first set.if she could win it,maybe it was easier for her to hold her game together and win

Yes, I agree. It has been taking Eleni quite a while to get into the match. Maybe she needs to start off her match being a little more agressive and going for her shots immediately. It seems she is a great fighter from behind, and so knowing she has nothing to lose she goes for her shots more. This could probably explain why she plays so well against the top players....she has nothing to lose and so goes for her shots straight away.

If she can just channel this ability and use it no matter who she's playing against, maybe that will make a difference.....but hey, what do I know! :shrug:

Maybe she can have a good finish in Zurich or Hasselt :D

-Rache

S-T-E-V-E
Oct 9th, 2005, 05:40 PM
http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=showinterview&id=11

Exclusive interview with Eleni from Filderstadt, hope you enjoy it. :hug: Thanks to Olga :hug:

forever_rafter
Oct 9th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks a lot for the interview! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

guizzy
Oct 9th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Thank you S-T-E-V-E!

RayRob
Oct 9th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the interview.

I woke up this morning having dreamt it that night, that if Lindsay won at Filderstad, that meant that Eleni "won" the dreded "wooden spoon award" for that event.....

Eleni lost to Sprem
Sprem lost to Clijsters
Clijsters lost to Dementieva
Dementieva lost to Mauresmo
Mauresmo lost to Davenport

Fortunately this isn't an "official" award, but it is the third time this year that this has happened to Eleni (the same thing has also happened to Kuznetsova 3 times this year). I guess in one way, it's a sign of her bad season (as she mentioned in that interview), but it's also a sign of the tough draws she has had.....the "winner" of this "wooden spoon" 'award' is considered the best of all the first round losers due to the continued elimination of the victor.

I just thought it was funny that one of my faves won the Porsche and the other that unofficial "wooden spoon" ;)

Never mind Eleni.....hopefully she will be fit and healthy for the 2006 season. :bounce:

PAME!

-Rache

XTC
Oct 9th, 2005, 11:46 PM
I am going to try to upload tomorrow 3 pics I took during the match with Sprem but I don't think they are really good..
Although later she watched the Flavia vs Justine match and was really happy that Flavia won..
Just to add a few things at the interview..
She was quite disappointed with her serve,that was the main problem at her match vs K-Lina..I also asked her if she's coming to Greece and she told me that she will come for some days but in general she doesn't really know what's going on in Greece 'cause she only comes for a few days every year..In addition,she told me she has a German coach and an American fitness trainer so she's abroad all the time..
But as a summary the 2 main things she told me is that she needs some rest and that she doesn't want another year like 2005..
Keep supporting her people,she deserves it! :)

Greetz,
Olga

RayRob
Oct 10th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I am going to try to upload tomorrow 3 pics I took during the match with Sprem but I don't think they are really good..
Although later she watched the Flavia vs Justine match and was really happy that Flavia won..
She was quite disappointed with her serve,that was the main problem at her match vs K-Lina..I also asked her if she's coming to Greece and she told me that she will come for some days but in general she doesn't really know what's going on in Greece 'cause she only comes for a few days every year..In addition,she told me she has a German coach and an American fitness trainer so she's abroad all the time..
But as a summary the 2 main things she told me is that she needs some rest and that she doesn't want another year like 2005..

Greetz,
Olga

Thanks for the info - we always appreciate any info/news that anyone gives us :D

Perhaps Eleni is friends with Flavia (well, Eleni seems so nice that she's probably friends with everyone ;) ).

Looking forward to Zurich, let's hope Eleni can get through qualifying and get a good draw (for a change).

bye for now,

alibaby
Oct 10th, 2005, 10:43 AM

Greetz,
Olga
hi olga!yeah,of course,i will support her!more than ever! :kiss:
because she is a wonderful person,and a very good and fair athlete,and i wish her a good ending of the season.maybe,she can still take in some points by the wayside,but i rather think,she will have her REAL breakthrough next year!maybe already at the AO...but IMO,she is still in a maturing process,so,she just should take it step by step.the ability is there,for sure!!
and what i especially like about her:if an opponent makes a good point,she applauds him!that is true sportsmanship!!i dont know too many others,who have the greatness to do this(mary pierce does it too.thats why i find it so unfair,when SHE is called unfair,just because of her little "antics"!)
but,leni:keep doing it,your fans are with you!! :kiss: :kiss:

forever_rafter
Oct 10th, 2005, 02:47 PM
but,leni:keep doing it,your fans are with you!! :kiss: :kiss:

absolutely!

Calliope.
Oct 10th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the interview! :kiss:
Pame Leni, we're always with you! :kiss: :hug: