PDA

View Full Version : Mood Swings.

SpikeyAidanm
Sep 30th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Who has them?
How do you deal with them?
How can you avoid them?

I was home alone for the first time this week and had a really bad one, nearly broke my tennis trophies/damaged a door knob.

jrm
Sep 30th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Why would you do that, Spikey?

Hayato
Sep 30th, 2005, 11:15 AM
I have them. I used to kick holes in my bedroom wall but after three holes I thought it best to stop. I haven't had big tantrums in ages...normally i just cry and listen to music and then i feel much better. I don't know how to avoid them :shrug: I don't think you can...or it's definitely very hard to avoid them.

rebel_ffighter
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:32 PM
yeah,I have them too!I thought I was schizophrenic or something lol...anyway I hurt my hand very badly once when I punched the wall...

Aquanetta
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Who has them?
How can you avoid them?

I was home alone for the first time this week and had a really bad one, nearly broke my tennis trophies/damaged a door knob.

Everyone has them. I find an outlet (exercise, first and foremost) to release the tension. That's not good that you're breaking stuff. Find some (positive) release. :)

charmedRic
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Mood swings are quite common, and normally they are triggered by small things. However, a cycle of up & down mood swings could be signs of some mental condition.

I'm currently being treated for insomnia and mild anxiety, which causes me to go from happy to depressed in no time.

Take It Easy, and get help if you feel you'll need it.

skanky~skanketta
Sep 30th, 2005, 04:18 PM
u guys need to get laid.

Maryamator
Sep 30th, 2005, 04:42 PM
i think many people on earth have moodswings including me..

Fantastic
Sep 30th, 2005, 05:05 PM
How can you avoid them?

Lay off the pot! :p ;)

But in all seriousness, if you're a teenager, it's part of growing up. Your hormones are trying to settle and the constant wave of changes in your body is sending your hormones up and down, causing your emotions to play up.

If the mood swings haven't stopped by the time you are 20, then see your GP about it. Until then, it's normal. You deal with it by keeping your mind and body active, and not allowing too much time to pass before moving on to the next activity. Sport, socializing with friends, exercise, writing your feelings out into a journal - it all helps.

It also wouldn't hurt to review the diet either. Watch out for the ingredient 282 in foods. This chemical can cause some people to become agitated, irritable, distracted and restless. It mimics the symptoms of ADD.

King Aaron
Sep 30th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Me.
Bitch or listen to music.
I want to know to.

controlfreak
Sep 30th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I don't have mood swings. But then I don't have tennis trophies either. I feel so cheated in life.

-cata-
Sep 30th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Who has them?
How can you avoid them?

If you are having them constantly I would go and see a doc.

But I believe we all have them.

I have them for time to time, I just exclude myself from everything and I've found out that sleeping and listening to heavy music helps me.

Staticbeef
Sep 30th, 2005, 06:32 PM
I don't have mood swings. But then I don't have tennis trophies either. I feel so cheated in life.

Yup, while I was going to school struggling to survive, and working a job and a half
I used to get depressed often, because it seemed as though it took forever for me to accomplish the goals I had set before me. Time passed, I suffered a lot, but accomplished every thing I had set out to do. It's the waiting, we tend to be creatures who want what we want now, thing is, this world don't work that way. I started a lot later than most people, did 4 years in the military and then pursued college. I would not change a thing, everything I did and all the suffering I endured prepared me for the issues I deal with on a daily basis today. Most of the situations of my daily life are nothing compared to the things I endured getting here, I still get depressed at times, but as usual its always about something that I wanted and dint immediately get, just like a baby. :baby: :baby: I don't mean that in humorous way, if you examine the world of babies, you will find that comfort is the most important thing to them, if they don't get fed, changed or whatever emotional reinforcement they require they throw a fit :crying2: after they get what they want then they become satisfied until the next comfort issue arises. Maturity changes little except the nature of our comfort issues.

Harju.
Sep 30th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Bitch it on the blog helps me sometimes. Other than that, loud music helps me. Like really loud and then shout your heart out.

Kart
Sep 30th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I only get mood swings when I can't find any chocolate in my house.