PDA

View Full Version : Will Martinez play next year?

Anonymous
Sep 30th, 2005, 06:31 AM
I hope she could be ranked inside the top 32, so that she could be seeded in GS again next year and avoid horrible draws.

But I think she messes up with her schedule!! She shouldnt play those Euro indoor events!!

I think with her age, I will decide the following tailor-made schedule for her (i cannot see playing more than 20 tournaments would be possible at her age):

1. Tier III hard court before Aussie Open
2. Aussie Open
3. Thailand
4. Doha
5. Dubai
6. Indian Wells
7. Amelia Island
8. Charleston
9. German Open
10. Italian Open
11. French Open
12. Wimbledon
13. Play 1 small clay tournament (because she never has a chance in those hard court US tournaments)
Take a small break...
14. Canadian Open
15. US Open
16. Beijing
17. Guangzhou
18. Thailand
19. Then stop playing singles, and only play doubles (if she has a chance to qualify for the chase champs.)
20. Finish her career with doubles title in Madrid

2007/2008: only play doubles, and then win Gold in Beijing Olympics, and then retire officially...

conchitaeterna
Sep 30th, 2005, 07:22 AM
ojaláaaaa

cheyk
Sep 30th, 2005, 11:46 AM
jeje pues proponedselo, a ver si le parece buena idea organizarse ese calendario; y es cierto q hace tiempo q no juega ningun torneillo de tierra tras Wimbledon

Alvarillo
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:01 PM
i like this schedule! ;)

Anonymous
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:27 PM
I dont understand Spanish!!

Has she made any decision on whether she will play or not next year??

Pl answer in English!

By the way, the match I enjoyed most from her is her semi-final with ASV in Wimbledon 95. She came back from 6-3 5-2 down to win the 2nd set. She played some flawless tennis in the second set.

But that was 10 years ago. Time flies.

(I must all respect her, because she is playing players more than 10 years younger than her in almost every match)

Mika
Sep 30th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Pues a mí me gustó mucho más la remontada que hizo un mes antes en Roland Garros frente a Steffi Graf.

De ir perdiendo 6/3, 4/1 y saque de Graf para el 5/1, a ganar el 2º Set.

Aunque claro, del 7º juego prefiero no acordarme :rolleyes: .

I dont understand Spanish!!

Has she made any decision on whether she will play or not next year??

Pl answer in English!

By the way, the match I enjoyed most from her is her semi-final with ASV in Wimbledon 95. She came back from 6-3 5-2 down to win the 2nd set. She played some flawless tennis in the second set.

But that was 10 years ago. Time flies.

(I must all respect her, because she is playing players more than 10 years younger than her in almost every match)

spiceboy
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Conchita not playing San Diego? Keep on dreaming ;-)

Conchita playing in the first 2 months (and a half) of the year 6 tournaments? Not in your wildest dreams...

Sonf@
Oct 1st, 2005, 12:13 AM
Well, she did so this year, lol

spiceboy
Oct 1st, 2005, 12:22 AM
Well, she did so this year, lol

Next year? I can't see that coming...

Drake1980
Oct 1st, 2005, 02:38 AM
Will she play Quebec City this year? She was going to last year before she got injured.

Hercules
Oct 1st, 2005, 11:51 AM
I don´t think so

She is trying to qualify for the YEC with Vivi, She will only play in Bangkok, Zurich and Linz