PDA

View Full Version : What extensions are .CUE and .BIN?

Darop.
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I just downloaded the spongebob movie (w00t :banana: ) and it gave me 2 seperate files with those extensions....

How do I play em?

Darop.
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Cue + Bin are CD Image formats

Either:

1) Get a free program called Daemontools and mount the file in a virtual drive
2) Use your CD burning software (Nero etc) to write the BIN (it will have Burn from Image option) and watch it from the CD.

you mean a DVD?

or you really mean a CD? :p

Darop.
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:52 PM
the .BIN is 738 MB.

the .CUE is 4kb

Darop.
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:56 PM
how do I do that? :p

Darop.
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:04 PM
ok thanks :D

But I'll do it tomorrow im going to bed now :p

volta
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:27 PM
i dont know why ur on my ignore list :scratch: i just took u out from there :lol:

anyway those are images like Pengwin said and to burn then u can use Nero or Alcohol 120% when u chose to burn get the cue not the bin (once u get the cue he will burn the bin , bin is not recognised thats why u need cue) if u just want to open it get WinIso or MagicISO chose the file open it and extract hope it works ;)

controlfreak
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:22 PM
You can actually play the .bin in VLC with no worries. I'm not sure if you even need the .cue (theoretically it contains "instructions for burning" but as the .bin is just a video file in some kind of wrapper, the .cue can be deleted if you don't intend to mount or burn).

Darop.
Sep 30th, 2005, 05:25 AM
i dont know why ur on my ignore list :scratch: i just took u out from there :lol:

:haha:

Darop.
Sep 30th, 2005, 05:26 AM
You can actually play the .bin in VLC with no worries. I'm not sure if you even need the .cue (theoretically it contains "instructions for burning" but as the .bin is just a video file in some kind of wrapper, the .cue can be deleted if you don't intend to mount or burn).

uhmmmmm....

What's VLC? :o

middy
Sep 30th, 2005, 05:50 AM
uhmmmmm....

What's VLC? :o

Its a video player that plays files of all extensions without worrying about codecs. If you just want to watch the movie then get this software its :worship:

You can download it from this site

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/