PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

tennisIlove09
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:34 PM
...I really honestly believe I have a serious problem. With....shopping. :o :o :o Today, I just went to go to the mall to buy new shoes. I needed brown shoes. Everybody needs at least one pair of brown shoes (I do have one pair...but let's be real, theyar elike two years old...times have changed, ya know?). Anyways, I ended up spending a lot. A pair of jeans and a shirt from Guess. New D&G perfume from The Bay. A pair of dress pants, a dress shirt (which is SO fab) and a sweater from R&W. A new belt from Le Chateau (which I really needed as well). And finally a sweater from The Gap.

And more tragically...for the first time ever, one of my credit cards was declined. I dont know what to do. I just get weak. Is there like therapy to stop shopping?

Darop.
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Belt from Le Chateau?

tennisIlove09
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:39 PM
yes. it's really cute. i needed a brown belt. I only have black and white right now. well, except for my one brown one, but it's ugly :sad:

Denise4925
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah there is help for shopaholics, but do you really think that you fit in that category? You can look up on the net what the symptoms are, such as being chronically in debt from shopping and since this is the first time you've gone over your limit on your credit card, I doubt you are at that stage. But, I too love, and I mean love to shop and when I do go shopping I also go berserk. I don't just love shopping for myself, but also for other people. My neice and I went shopping this past weekend, and I ended up spending over $1,500 for clothes for the both of us, but we got a lot of nice pieces and a lot of good bargains. God forbid if we had gone shoe shopping too. :o But, I love shopping for bargains. The key is to know what your priorities are when spending and don't go overboard, unless you can afford it at the time.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Use a debit card? :shrug:

tennisIlove09
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Use a debit card? :shrug:

There was no money in there :p

tennisIlove09
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Yeah there is help for shopaholics, but do you really think that you fit in that category? You can look up on the net what the symptoms are, such as being chronically in debt from shopping and since this is the first time you've gone over your limit on your credit card, I doubt you are at that stage. But, I too love, and I mean love to shop and when I do go shopping I also go berserk. I don't just love shopping for myself, but also for other people. My neice and I went shopping this past weekend, and I ended up spending over $1,500 for clothes for the both of us, but we got a lot of nice pieces and a lot of good bargains. God forbid if we had gone shoe shopping too. :o But, I love shopping for bargains. The key is to know what your priorities are when spending and don't go overboard, unless you can afford it at the time.

I think so. I dont know. I just cant keep feeling horrible about my spending all the time lol

Denise4925
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:00 PM
I think so. I dont know. I just cant keep feeling horrible about my spending all the time lol
Maybe there are other reasons you feel guilty about spending money. Maybe you don't feel like you deserve it. :shrug:

tennisIlove09
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Well I know I deserve it, I guess I just think to myself now, why do I need more clothes...it's not like my closet is empty or anything :p

Darop.
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:08 PM
I perfectly understand how you feel ;)

But try having a shopping addiction in italy, its 98376 times more expensive :p

!<blocparty>!
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:09 PM
There was no money in there :p

:lol: Well, only shop when you have money in there. Pay off your debts, don't shop for a while... something tells me you have enough clothes, and just spend money you have. Debit is the way to go :p

Also, I doubt you have some sort of problem, as the people who do are normally in like, thousands of pounds worth of debt. Just be diciplined :)

Denise4925
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Well I know I deserve it, I guess I just think to myself now, why do I need more clothes...it's not like my closet is empty or anything :p
If you can afford it, you can never have too many clothes or shoes. ;)

tennisIlove09
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:10 PM
:lol: Well, only shop when you have money in there. Pay off your debts, don't shop for a while... something tells me you have enough clothes, and just spend money you have. Debit is the way to go :p

Also, I doubt you have some sort of problem, as the people who do are normally in like, thousands of pounds worth of debt. Just be diciplined :)

Yes, I need to be on a budget or something. It's just...I dont know how to say no :lol: :eek:

!<blocparty>!
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Yes, I need to be on a budget or something. It's just...I dont know how to say no :lol: :eek:

Did you see the Will and Grace episode when Karen was put on a budget? :lol:

decemberlove
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:22 PM
This is my favorite time of year for clothes. :hearts: I try to stay away from the mall, or else I'll get myself in trouble.

tennisIlove09
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:34 PM
okay...well after I like tried all my new stuff on, Im not upset anymore. I look so fucking hot. my guess jeans are SO being woren to the bar tomorrow. :D :hearts:

bw2082
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:45 PM
omg d... you had your credit card declined? How embarrassing :o

Just rip up your credit cards and pay off all the bills. Then you'll have nothing besides cash to pay for things and the price of stuff will hit home more than swiping a piece of plastic.

tennisIlove09
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:47 PM
omg d... you had your credit card declined? How embarrassing :o

Just rip up your credit cards and pay off all the bills. Then you'll have nothing besides cash to pay for things and the price of stuff will hit home more than swiping a piece of plastic.

SHUT UP! lol i thought there was still room on it, or I never would have pulled it out. I think she swiped it wrong, I thought it was still good for like $1000 :tape: There's no way I spent THAT much and didnt know about it. lol

bw2082
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:55 PM
she didn't cut it up in front of everyone did she?

tennisIlove09
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:56 PM
no no no

bw2082
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:57 PM
well that's a relief

tennisIlove09
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:05 AM
i would have died. its my Ladybug credit card. I would have cried

Geisha
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:21 AM
I know what you mean. My mom has been giving us money like crazy and we are spending, spending, spending when we should be saving for more important things...;(

tennisIlove09
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:24 AM
I know what you mean. My mom has been giving us money like crazy and we are spending, spending, spending when we should be saving for more important things...;(

I *wish* my parents gave me money for my shopping lol

controlfreak
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:32 AM
I set myself rules. Sometimes it's "only one item per store", or if I'm really low on funds it's "only one item per shopping trip". That reminds me, I need a pair of brown shoes (taking a pair of trainers and having your dog shit on them is not cool in this part of the world)

tennisIlove09
Sep 30th, 2005, 05:45 AM
I set myself rules. Sometimes it's "only one item per store", or if I'm really low on funds it's "only one item per shopping trip". That reminds me, I need a pair of brown shoes (taking a pair of trainers and having your dog shit on them is not cool in this part of the world)

That's what i need to do. I get paid today, so Im okay lol