PDA

View Full Version : How private are "Private Messages"?

BUBI
Sep 29th, 2005, 08:58 PM
I was wondering do moderators read our private messages?
Is it possible that they do?

:devil:

Pengwin
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:01 PM
On my website I made it so I actually couldn't view PMs for other people but WTAWorld are much more evil and authoritarian so I wouldn't send anything private through it :lol:

BUBI
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:04 PM
There's nothing interesting in my private messages......
I was just thinking it could be fun to be a moderator :devil:

griffin
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Well we can, but not without you knowing about it - we'd have to change your password and hack your account, and you'd notice that the next time you tried to log in.

Tati & Dani
Sep 30th, 2005, 05:56 AM
how rude :p

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 30th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Well we can, but not without you knowing about it - we'd have to change your password and hack your account, and you'd notice that the next time you tried to log in.
Thanks for making it clear!

Justeenium
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:25 PM
with vBulletin the admins with database access can read your PMs. So I'd bet amanda and poe could read PMs without hacking people's accounts.

wtn_amanda
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:51 PM
with vBulletin the admins with database access can read your PMs. So I'd bet amanda and poe could read PMs without hacking people's accounts.

We don't have direct access to the database. Our database servers are managed by people who don't even have a membership on the site.

Even if I did have access, and it was legal, I definitely would have neither the time or interest to waste snooping on your private messages. These days I hardly have time to read a few threads on the board in a week. And poe is even busier than me.

Sharapower
Sep 30th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Even if I did have access, and it was legal, I definitely would have neither the time or interest to waste snooping on your private messages.

My private message are very hot, anyoone should be interested :devil:

creep
Sep 30th, 2005, 07:25 PM
On my website I made it so I actually couldn't view PMs for other people but WTAWorld are much more evil and authoritarian so I wouldn't send anything private through it :lol:

So when you sent me the pm's, you know, when you called carot rude names, he couldn't read any of them?

Pengwin
Sep 30th, 2005, 09:00 PM
So when you sent me the pm's, you know, when you called carot rude names, he couldn't read any of them?

Nope, I cleared out my Sent Items ages ago :)

Justeenium
Oct 1st, 2005, 04:33 AM
We don't have direct access to the database. Our database servers are managed by people who don't even have a membership on the site.

Even if I did have access, and it was legal, I definitely would have neither the time or interest to waste snooping on your private messages. These days I hardly have time to read a few threads on the board in a week. And poe is even busier than me.

so it is illegal to read someone's PMs? hmmm, I know a case of an admin who read some others PMs... on another forum of course.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 1st, 2005, 04:44 AM
My private message are very hot, anyoone should be interested :devil:

In your case, this might be a joke. Not in mine. :hehehe:

Sam L
Oct 1st, 2005, 08:29 AM
I've had a lot of controversy in my PM. Griffin knows all about it. So I know the admins aren't reading it. :hehehe:

Calimero377
Oct 6th, 2005, 04:22 PM
I've had a lot of controversy in my PM. Griffin knows all about it. So I know the admins aren't reading it. :hehehe:

You mean calling other posters Nazi?

Sam L
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:33 PM
I don't send PM to trolls like you. :rolleyes:

Martian KC
Oct 7th, 2005, 05:02 PM

Oh Cali, you're too much. :haha: