PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay in Filderstadt

Elldee
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:44 PM
I've kind of got a feeling Lindsay may have been badgered into this as defending champion after big withdrawals but we get some Lindsay action to tide us over so I won't be complaining!

I hope she is playing and German yahoo aren't mistaken.

Ingokoer
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I've read it on the german Eurosport page, that Lindsay entered the Filderstadt Tournament :bounce: I also read (good for Lindsay) that Sharapova and both Williams sisters have withdrawn from the tournament because of injuries. So good chance for Lindsay to win the title again, Clijsters and Henin may be the biggest challenge!!

Andrew..
Sep 29th, 2005, 08:18 PM
K. This is a good thing.

Get put on the side opposite KFC, and we're cool. More discussion when more info comes out.

Loughyunijen
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Thank god she's attempting to defend this title.....really unless your injured...not "injured" you should always try and defend your title!

With alot of the top 10 dropping out.....great chance to keep the title.....lets hope that kim is still wasted from her champagne drinking nights after her 1st GS!!!!!

Kelly
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:53 AM
amelie is still playing as far as i know. and isnt christine not laying the rest of the season cos of this 'illness' or whatever??

Andrew..
Sep 30th, 2005, 01:05 AM
I forgot that Maria pulled out. You know what this means. Lee #1 seed. Yep. #1. CHAMPION. And, KIM! is on the other side of the draw as the #2 seed, so hollah.

Chrissie is still playing. I hope we get Amelie, but niether is a "bad" semifinal. Both difficult, but neither one impossible.

LethalLindsay
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:48 AM
I know this is a little off topic but you guys should check this out. I didn't make it in time but how cute is that piccy?

LethalLindsay
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:48 AM
It would help if I put the link in here wouldn't it?! D'Oh!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HUGE-1992-Chadwick-School-Yearbook-Lindsay-Davenport_W0QQitemZ6979359971QQcategoryZ268QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

jacs
Sep 30th, 2005, 04:45 AM

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HUGE-1992-Chadwick-School-Yearbook-Lindsay-Davenport_W0QQitemZ6979359971QQcategoryZ268QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

so frickin' cute there... :)

Frederic
Sep 30th, 2005, 08:33 AM
wow!!!!! Soooooo cute Lindsay!!!!!!!!

Jan
Sep 30th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Pleased she is playing Filderstadt:D

RayRob
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:28 AM

lol, don't you find it bizzarre that the title of the year book was "on TOP of the world" with TOP in huge letters?

Also, I didn't know Lindsay spoke Spanish.....then again, maybe you don't need to speak Spanish to be on the Spanish honour Society.

Also, is that really Lindsay? I mean it doesn't say it on the picture. It could be one of Lindsay's sisters. I know one of her sisters looks a lot like her.....the middle sister I think, but I don't know if that's shannon or leanne.

Maybe it is Lindsay but I've seen video footage of when she just turned 17 (supposidly a year after that photo) and she looks way different - changed a lot in a year if that's the case.

I don't know, not fully convinced :tape: - I think it's one of her sisters.

Back on subject, I'm glad she's chose to play Filderstadt :woohoo: lol, that's all I have to say on that subject ;)

-Rache

Andrew..
Sep 30th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Umm, okay.

Back to Filderstadt. I want title.

alfonsojose
Sep 30th, 2005, 06:46 PM
I want title too, but get back to U.S. to play Philly :bounce:

lindsayno1
Oct 1st, 2005, 01:22 AM
wow shes lost loadsa weight! obviously...

Andrew..
Oct 1st, 2005, 01:42 PM
If you watched her matches in the early 90s, you would have known that long ago.

She was absolutely massive around 94.

lindsayno1
Oct 1st, 2005, 04:20 PM
yeh i would have been about 8 then....not really into the tennis then! ha ha

Andrew..
Oct 2nd, 2005, 01:43 PM
1 DAVENPORT Lindsay USA bye
SCHIAVONE Francesca ITA vs CHAKVETADZE Anna RUS
SAFINA Dinara RUS vs WC KLOESEL Sandra GER
QUALIFIER vs 8MYSKINA Anastasia RUS

With Justine in our SF.

Both Myskina and Chrissy are perfect opportunities for a tank. Please refrain.

Oh, and KIM!'s draw is pathetic. Shocking.

Oh well. Bad day already.

Elldee
Oct 2nd, 2005, 02:41 PM
Erm, Andrew, both the Myskina and Henin matches are perfect opportunities for revenge. They're both playing below par and Lindsay really should take her opportunity here to get to the final. A tough but really interesting draw, IMO.

Andrew..
Oct 2nd, 2005, 04:17 PM
Erm, Andrew, both the Myskina and Henin matches are perfect opportunities for revenge. They're both playing below par and Lindsay really should take her opportunity here to get to the final. A tough but really interesting draw, IMO.
Lindsay's not exactly playing like a superstar.

Myskina kind of worries me. She's starting to kick the scrub's asses again, and she's breaking out of the slump in a big way with Fed Cup. Indoors, she can be a bitch for Lindsay to handle. And, Lindsay has had two ugly losses indoors to her.

Then Christine. Whatever with that one.

Loughyunijen
Oct 2nd, 2005, 04:19 PM
Whens Lindsay playing? Tuesday or wednesday?

I think the draw is ok...I mean all beatable right through to the final - JHH shouldnt be a problem, I cant see her making teh semis actually....I think for Linsday Safina may pose more of a threat.

Mynskia - Lindsay will win that easy too.

But I think Dav will have to want it bad, if she's to beat KFC - she's on a major high and role at the mo!

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 2nd, 2005, 06:02 PM
Um it's an okay draw. Obviously not as good as Clijsters but it's not bad. If Lindseys playing well she can probably make it to the Semis and probably to the finals. Good Luck Lindsey!

Frederic
Oct 2nd, 2005, 06:51 PM
Myskina and Henin are both threats for Lindsay... I don't really know will happen as she may have back problems again... I just hope she'll play her best to get a mental strengh, mental confience for the YEC...

Elldee
Oct 2nd, 2005, 07:13 PM
The surface for Lindsay is so good.. Myskina beat Lindsay on slowslowslow carpet.

Andrew..
Oct 2nd, 2005, 07:27 PM
I doubt the back is a problem.

Kelly
Oct 2nd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Eurosport Schedual for British Eurosport Viewers

Tuesday 4th

12-6pm Live E1

Wednesday 5th

12-6pm Live E1

Thursday 6th

12-6pm Live E1

Friday 7th

12-6pm Live QTRS E1

Saturday 8th

12-3pm Semi Live E1
8pm-10pm 2x Semi Highlights on E2

Sunday 9th

11.15pm-12.30am Final Highlights
9-10pm Final Highlghts E2

!<blocparty>!
Oct 2nd, 2005, 11:37 PM
WTF no live final? Sigh.

Any draw would have been hard with this field I think. Go Dav.

Andrew..
Oct 3rd, 2005, 12:06 AM
Have you seen KIM!'s "difficult" draw? Laughs.

Jan
Oct 3rd, 2005, 08:19 AM
Go Lindsay:) Will not be too easy butyou can do it:worship: :cool:

bis2806
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:20 AM
Any channels in the States televising Filderstadt?

Elldee
Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:23 AM
The final is the most important match... so bad. Great coverage through the week though; shame I don't have Sky at Uno.

Kelly
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:34 PM
yeah great coverage but as the finals fall on weekends all the coverage is given to important things such as moto gp and poker etc....i hope lindsay plays tomorrow so i can watch lol

lindsayno1
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:47 PM
ugh i wanna watch

alfonsojose
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:23 PM
She says "it's pretty inevitable that Kim (Clijsters) will be number one at the end of the year"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051003/sp_afp/tenniswtagerclijsters_051003141138%3b_ylt=A9FJqaV5 QEFDKDEBmgrFOrgF%3b_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJV RPUCUl

Andrew..
Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:31 PM
K. That article gets me angry on so many different levels.

Note to Lindsay: You've beaten KIM! the last two times you've played her. So let's try to drop the "Too good, too good" crap that's going on.

Jesus...

!<blocparty>!
Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:31 PM
She's had such a phenomenal year

Gosh, she's had such a great year and she deserves it

It's phenomenal how well she's (Clijsters) been able to come back (from injury).

Her percentage of tournaments entered and tournaments won is just incredible.

She is a great player

I am really happy for her

She's great - great for the game.

Where the fuck did all this shit come out. :rolleyes:

Andrew..
Oct 3rd, 2005, 08:29 PM
She might as well have just said that Kim is the best, nobody can beat her, and that she is unworthy of being ranked higher than her.

Oh wait, she did.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 3rd, 2005, 08:38 PM
Maybe she was secretly thinking something like

She's had such a phenomenal year, Wimbledon, FO.

Gosh, she's had such a great year and she deserves it. Wimbledon, FO.

It's phenomenal how well she's (Clijsters) been able to come back (from injury). Wimbledon, FO.

Her percentage of tournaments entered and tournaments won is just incredible. Wimbledon, FO.

She is a great player, Wimbledon, FO.

I am really happy for her. Not.

She's great - great for the game. K.

Tennis is so poor at the moment. The last high quality drama filled match between two top players was like, the Wimbledon final.

Andrew..
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:18 PM
Yes. Women's tennis has been laughable for a while.

And Rogah puts me to sleep on the mens, but at least they have a dominant figure in the game.

Golinds
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:32 PM
mens tennis sucks big time...its all Fuckin Federer now!! :mad: :tape:

alfonsojose
Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:10 PM
mens tennis sucks big time...its all Fuckin Federer now!! :mad: :tape:
:sad: :yawn:

Andrew..
Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:38 PM
Yes, it blows that he wins everything he plays, but matches with top ten players not involving him tend to be very exciting.

And as I said, he is the dominant figure. WTA needs a Hingis or even a dominating Serena to save face, because right now it's horrible.

GrandSlam05
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Oh, c'mon guys, just because Lindsay said all that shit doesn't mean she really believes it. She likes Kim and will say nice things.
Also, better to say you don't care about #1 if you don't get there.
I think she'll give Clijsters the beat down, and this time in str8 sets, just like she should've done at Indian Wells and Wimby. 3rd time's a charm. :bounce:
Go Lindsay!

lindsayno1
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:13 AM
What happened to Lindsay! I like kim a lot, but whats with all the kim sucking!

LindsayRocks89
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:41 AM
if Lindsay and Kim play in the finals, i hope Lindsay beats down Kimmie in straights.

jacs
Oct 4th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Why is it such a big deal if Lindsay goes out and says good things about another person?

lindsayno1
Oct 4th, 2005, 10:20 AM
no its nice that she says nice things, but sometimes she puts herself down at the same time :(

RayRob
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Yes. Women's tennis has been laughable for a while.

And Rogah puts me to sleep on the mens, but at least they have a dominant figure in the game.

Why does tennis need one dominant figure? Isn't that what makes things boring? You just know Roger is going to win if he's entered!

Whereas, on the women's you don't know for sure who's going to win so that makes it a little more interesting.

Me personally, I can't watch mens tennis - I try many times but have often fallen asleep, and I don't just fall asleep unless it's 3am. When it's a GS, I just can't bare to watch a 5 set match - it's far too long! I will probably tune back in for sets 4 and 5, but that's about it. The only mens match I've watched from start to finish (that went to five sets anyway) was Rafter vs Ivanisavic wimbledon final - now that was gripping stuff!

Anyway, I digress but like I say, that's my opinion on mens tennis.

The only thing that's hurt the womens game a bit right now is possibly because so many of the top players get injured - that seems to be the acheilles heal...this is why, I guess it's good to see Kim coming back so well. You can't argue she has been amazing but her brick wall has been Lindsay so far.

If Lindsay wants to praise Kim - fine, I don't particularly have a problem with. I recall before FO and Wimby when Lindsay was praising Kim, a couple of you on this board were again getting eat up about it but it didn't seem to affect Lindsay's mentality one bit. Let Lindsay praise Kim, because maybe that's the thing that puts pressure on Kim, and so maybe Lindsay might be the one ahead in the mental game :shrug:

Anyway, I'll finish by saying you might not see me much on here this week since I foolishly asked for extra hours at work this week.....forgetting it was Filderstad :lol: Oh well....I'll just have to pay the price ;)

Bye for now all,
-Rache :wavey:

Lindsayfan32
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:35 PM
If you watched her matches in the early 90s, you would have known that long ago.

She was absolutely massive around 94.

andrew this may surpise you but for once I totally agree with you on this one. When I first started following Lindsay in 94 ger weight was listed at 200 pounds.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Why does tennis need one dominant figure? Isn't that what makes things boring? You just know Roger is going to win if he's entered!

Whereas, on the women's you don't know for sure who's going to win so that makes it a little more interesting.

Me personally, I can't watch mens tennis - I try many times but have often fallen asleep, and I don't just fall asleep unless it's 3am. When it's a GS, I just can't bare to watch a 5 set match - it's far too long! I will probably tune back in for sets 4 and 5, but that's about it. The only mens match I've watched from start to finish (that went to five sets anyway) was Rafter vs Ivanisavic wimbledon final - now that was gripping stuff!

Anyway, I digress but like I say, that's my opinion on mens tennis.

The only thing that's hurt the womens game a bit right now is possibly because so many of the top players get injured - that seems to be the acheilles heal...this is why, I guess it's good to see Kim coming back so well. You can't argue she has been amazing but her brick wall has been Lindsay so far.

If Lindsay wants to praise Kim - fine, I don't particularly have a problem with. I recall before FO and Wimby when Lindsay was praising Kim, a couple of you on this board were again getting eat up about it but it didn't seem to affect Lindsay's mentality one bit. Let Lindsay praise Kim, because maybe that's the thing that puts pressure on Kim, and so maybe Lindsay might be the one ahead in the mental game :shrug:

Anyway, I'll finish by saying you might not see me much on here this week since I foolishly asked for extra hours at work this week.....forgetting it was Filderstad :lol: Oh well....I'll just have to pay the price ;)

Bye for now all,

Heres me thinking I was the only one who couldn't watch a men tennis match and fall asleep. They want equal pay for equal work drop the men to best of three sets best of five is a waste of space nd way too long. Unless they start to play with shirts off now that might hold my interest a bit more for four plus hours.

Golinds
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:57 PM
i dont see wat the problem is with linds sayin nice things bout kim...it goes to show how much respect she has for her... but i agree that she does tend to put herself down a bit...

Ingokoer
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:04 PM
When we have the Lindsay-Kim Final, it will also be the fight for the No.1 ranking. The winner of this final will be the new No.1 and Sharapova would be No.3 for sure.

Elldee
Oct 4th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Why read so much into Lindsay's words? Lindsay has shown she believes she can and actually can beat Kim and I, for one, am glad she has a bit of class in such a classless sport. Venus Williams is classless; I hate her.

I hate the fact that this is a Lindsay fan club but the majority are saying she's mentally fragile, can't beat Myskina or Henin or Clijsters and shouldn't be nice about anyone. Clearly, she was asked questions about Kim and responded as appropriate.

Kelly
Oct 4th, 2005, 02:21 PM
I thought it was really sweet of her....Lindsay has even stated in other interviews that Kim is a friend so why shouldnt she be nice to her??

Regarding mens tennis...i totally agree...its boring. i only watch roddick for obvious reasons, and the only 5 set matches of his i enjoyed was the 2001 us open QTR against Lleyton and his ozzy epic against vowel man...that was a great match. I think Nadal could change things round next year and i think number 1 is between him and federer. But you gotta give respect to federer....he is a legend in the making and i am pretty pleased to say i have the pleasure of watching him in my lifetime...something to tell the grankids lol

joaco
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:57 PM
About mens tennis I LOVE mens tennis. Specially with all those Argentinian guys around. I watch more men's tennis than women's tennis (not because I want to, but because they only show WTA in GS, whereas they show ATP every single week, honest)
Still, I enjoy watching ATP tennis, i think you get to see better matches all over the tournament, but they don't give me the excitement of watching WTA, cause deep down, I don't really cares what men wins, but I do care a lot that Lindsay wins.
Anyway, kick some ass Big D in Filderstad!!

Joaco

Robbie.
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Lindsay needs to assert herself this week.

Andrew..
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Why read so much into Lindsay's words? Lindsay has shown she believes she can and actually can beat Kim and I, for one, am glad she has a bit of class in such a classless sport. Venus Williams is classless; I hate her.

I hate the fact that this is a Lindsay fan club but the majority are saying she's mentally fragile, can't beat Myskina or Henin or Clijsters and shouldn't be nice about anyone. Clearly, she was asked questions about Kim and responded as appropriate.
Nobody is saying she can't beat Myskina. That's just a perfect match for a tank if she's in that mood.

The Henin matchup is really meh in my book. She hasn't beaten her since 2002, and has lost to her the past four times in a row. That's a really, really poor record. She just gets into Lindsay's head, same as Clijsters, Venus and Serena.

Andrew..
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:51 AM
Davenport relishing Indian summer By Barry Wood

FILDERSTADT, Germany (Reuters) - U.S. Open champion Kim Clijsters (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/49/) says she is likely to retire in 2007 at the age of 23, but Lindsay Davenport (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/93/), at 29, is enjoying an Indian summer and has no intention of hanging up her rackets just yet.

"Especially the last two years I feel I've done a remarkable job with my career and when you feel like you're still playing well and have a chance to win lots of tournaments it's tough to walk away," the American said.

Davenport won her fourth tournament of the year in Bali last month and although she was forced to withdraw from the China Open with a back problem 24 hours later, she is on court again this week in Germany defending the Filderstadt title she won last year.

Davenport, runner-up this year at the Australian Open and Wimbledon, reflected: "I started playing tournaments at 15 and I'm 29 now. It definitely gets a lot tougher as you get older and older."

But since tennis has been her entire life, she knows that turning her back on it could be the most difficult thing she ever has to do.

"I'm very scared at some points to retire," she confessed. "Tennis is all that I've done and it's something that I've very much enjoyed. It's a huge part of my life.

"Will anything make me as happy as playing tennis, or will I find something else I enjoy as much or will I be happy without it? That's a big question mark."

She added: "Tennis has been a part of my life since I was five, so for 90 percent of my whole life tennis is what I've been about.

HUGE IDENTITY

"It's been a huge identity for me, it's been something that I love to do, so to give up such a huge part of your life is a scary proposition."

Would she do what Pete Sampras did and retire after claiming another Grand Slam title? Unlikely, she says. She just doesn't know when the best time would be to give up the competition.

"You think about it sometimes, but it would be hard for me to walk away if I'd just won a major title," she said. "I'd just feel I could do better and better.

"Or you don't want to leave the sport if you've been losing all the time and feel like you can't beat anybody anymore.

"You don't want to leave injured. I don't know what the answer is. I'll just see what happens in the next few years or months."

But while she has no retirement plans, she supports Clijsters in her decision.

"If that's her plan I hope she sticks to it. I do agree with her that the sport is getting tougher and tougher to play for a very long period of time.

"I was really lucky when I first came up in '92 and we only had to play 12 tournaments a year.

"I think now it's up to 18 and over the course of every year that starts to wear on your body and I think you see players having more serious injuries at a younger age. So when she says that I think she's speaking from the heart."

Clijsters's victory in Luxembourg on Sunday has taken her to the brink of reclaiming the world number one ranking after missing much of 2004 with injury.

Davenport said: "It's phenomenal how well she's been able to come back. She's a great player and I was really happy for her to win the U.S. Open."
---------------
I now give up completely on trying to read into her future plans, since they change every other week.

But overall, very positive article. I hope she stays with this attitude, because at this point she should know that if she stays healthy, she's top three for the next five years at least.

GrandSlam05
Oct 5th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Nobody is saying she can't beat Myskina. That's just a perfect match for a tank if she's in that mood.

The Henin matchup is really meh in my book. She hasn't beaten her since 2002, and has lost to her the past four times in a row. That's a really, really poor record. She just gets into Lindsay's head, same as Clijsters, Venus and Serena.

This is not the Henin of '03. And it's not the Lindsay of then either. She's playing better. The only time they played this year Lindsay took a set off her ON CLAY and if it hadn't been for the hip flexor, I think she would've won the match.
Maybe Lindsay is still pissed about Henin accusing her of faking an injury and then Henin fakes one herself at the '03 AO.

jacs
Oct 5th, 2005, 04:39 AM

Word.

LethalLindsay
Oct 5th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Word.

THANK YOU! She answered questions sincerely and was being honest. Her and Kim have gotten along relatively well i n the last coupla years and they were jsut nice words.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 5th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Davenport relishing Indian summer By Barry Wood

FILDERSTADT, Germany (Reuters) - U.S. Open champion Kim Clijsters (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/49/) says she is likely to retire in 2007 at the age of 23, but Lindsay Davenport (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/93/), at 29, is enjoying an Indian summer and has no intention of hanging up her rackets just yet.

"Especially the last two years I feel I've done a remarkable job with my career and when you feel like you're still playing well and have a chance to win lots of tournaments it's tough to walk away," the American said.

Davenport won her fourth tournament of the year in Bali last month and although she was forced to withdraw from the China Open with a back problem 24 hours later, she is on court again this week in Germany defending the Filderstadt title she won last year.

Davenport, runner-up this year at the Australian Open and Wimbledon, reflected: "I started playing tournaments at 15 and I'm 29 now. It definitely gets a lot tougher as you get older and older."

But since tennis has been her entire life, she knows that turning her back on it could be the most difficult thing she ever has to do.

"I'm very scared at some points to retire," she confessed. "Tennis is all that I've done and it's something that I've very much enjoyed. It's a huge part of my life.

"Will anything make me as happy as playing tennis, or will I find something else I enjoy as much or will I be happy without it? That's a big question mark."

She added: "Tennis has been a part of my life since I was five, so for 90 percent of my whole life tennis is what I've been about.

HUGE IDENTITY

"It's been a huge identity for me, it's been something that I love to do, so to give up such a huge part of your life is a scary proposition."

Would she do what Pete Sampras did and retire after claiming another Grand Slam title? Unlikely, she says. She just doesn't know when the best time would be to give up the competition.

"You think about it sometimes, but it would be hard for me to walk away if I'd just won a major title," she said. "I'd just feel I could do better and better.

"Or you don't want to leave the sport if you've been losing all the time and feel like you can't beat anybody anymore.

"You don't want to leave injured. I don't know what the answer is. I'll just see what happens in the next few years or months."

But while she has no retirement plans, she supports Clijsters in her decision.

"If that's her plan I hope she sticks to it. I do agree with her that the sport is getting tougher and tougher to play for a very long period of time.

"I was really lucky when I first came up in '92 and we only had to play 12 tournaments a year.

"I think now it's up to 18 and over the course of every year that starts to wear on your body and I think you see players having more serious injuries at a younger age. So when she says that I think she's speaking from the heart."

Clijsters's victory in Luxembourg on Sunday has taken her to the brink of reclaiming the world number one ranking after missing much of 2004 with injury.

Davenport said: "It's phenomenal how well she's been able to come back. She's a great player and I was really happy for her to win the U.S. Open."
---------------
I now give up completely on trying to read into her future plans, since they change every other week.

But overall, very positive article. I hope she stays with this attitude, because at this point she should know that if she stays healthy, she's top three for the next five years at least.

Andrew I agree with totally. Its simple as this it there will come a time when Lindsay has had enough. The media should stop trying predict when it will happen and let Lindsay decide when she ready I don't think knows half the time and enjoy her while she still around to be enjoyed as she will retired for a long time. I nkow I'm going to miss like nothing else when she does as alot of class will go with her.

:worship:

Loughyunijen
Oct 5th, 2005, 09:21 AM
does anyone know what time lindsay plays?

Elldee
Oct 5th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Lindsay plays at 13.00 local time. First match on Eurosport at midday!

I have watched Lindsay's Charleston match against Henin and you can tell Lindsay is so gutted she's injured because she knew then was the time to win and she believed she could... Henin's game, on a fast court like in Filderstadt, hasn't really progressed that much... If Pierce can do it, Lindsay can.

Nikki
Oct 5th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Go Lindsay:bounce:

Kelly
Oct 5th, 2005, 11:53 AM
8 minutes till lindsay is on ...Gooooooooo Lindsay!!

Lindsayfan
Oct 5th, 2005, 11:57 AM
lets watch her for me and lest cheer loud!! gooo lindsay!!! :kiss:

Frederic
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Lindsay won 6/2 6/2... She had fun!!!! She played a very solid match...

stenen
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Lindsay's life on tour (mms://vipeurosport.yacast.net/eurosport/2005/10/05/davenport_21836_4_57_0_384x288.wmv)

Elldee
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Awesome video! Nearly 7 minutes of Lindsayness.

chewy
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Lindsay's life on tour (mms://vipeurosport.yacast.net/eurosport/2005/10/05/davenport_21836_4_57_0_384x288.wmv)

thankz very much, but i can't watch it yet cause internets been capped to 56k ><...hope d link still works whn my internet speed is back to normal.

and nice win Lindsay! :)

Golinds
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Nice start Lindsay...very solid game :D :worship:

Loughyunijen
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:55 PM
well done davey!

Andrew..
Oct 5th, 2005, 06:35 PM
If Pierce can do it, Lindsay can.
Pierce def. Davenport 6-3 6-2.

Yep.

Andrew..
Oct 5th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Anyway, good match. Plus, she's looknig hot.

Frederic
Oct 5th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Nice video!!! Is it possible to transfer it on my hard disk?? Because we don't often see Lindsay interviewed...

!<blocparty>!
Oct 5th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Where is the offical non german website? :o

Elldee
Oct 5th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Pierce def. Davenport 6-3 6-2.

Yep.

On clay.

Pennetta's up against Henin anyway :p

Andrew..
Oct 5th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Great video piece on Lindsay. I heart her again.

In other news, Christine is blowing to Flavia now. But no worries, this looks like one of those ugly 4-6 6-4 6-2 matches that she likes to bullshit her way out of in the early rounds.

lindsayno1
Oct 5th, 2005, 08:50 PM
justine lost! this SHOULD be easy for Dav now!!!

Andrew..
Oct 5th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Wow. Shocked that happened. Justine almost always finds a way to bullshit out of the first few matches before turning it up. 4 and 3 to Flavia? Damn... Especially when you consider that Flavia has no weapons.

Oh well. Now the REAL #1 can win, and we can all give up, because she's too good.

Loughyunijen
Oct 5th, 2005, 09:56 PM
This is a great oppertunity for the davester to get her "white porche"!!!!!!!

C'mon dav!

Loughyunijen
Oct 5th, 2005, 09:57 PM
wasn't surprized justine went out at all-she is looked really sluggish on court today and you can tell she's no where near 100% fit.....probably not even 75%!

bis2806
Oct 5th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Lindsay sounded GREAT in the interview :) She obviously has been enjoying her time so far on the tour. And one more thing, I like how her hair looks now :)

bis2806
Oct 5th, 2005, 10:57 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051005/capt.kstu10210051216.germany_tennis_porsche_grand_ prix_kstu102.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051005/capt.kstu10110051213.germany_tennis_porsche_grand_ prix_kstu101.jpg

Kelly
Oct 6th, 2005, 12:39 AM
lol...what is it with us lindsay fans and her hair

*Lee*
Oct 6th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Super Lindsay Davenport played two first round matches winning both in straight sets of 2,2

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten

check the scores

Elldee
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:38 AM
I'm actually a bit pissed about that... I want Lindsay to crush Henin!

Loughyunijen
Oct 6th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Dav crushing Kim....would be much more satifying!

henin would have been a walk in the park!

Frederic
Oct 6th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Loool!!Well, Henin must have been a tough opponent!!! But Kim is a real chance to prouve she still can be competitive for the n1 spot. She prouved it on red clay, her weakest surface, she prouved it on grass, which is one of her favourite surface, so playing Kim on hard indoor should be a good match to deal with... Let's see it at the good time...

Andrew..
Oct 6th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Yes. And that "walk in the park" has beatun us the last four times in a row.

Loughyunijen
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Yes. And that "walk in the park" has beatun us the last four times in a row.

yeah but dav was injured and had to retire the last time they played - you really think if Lindsay had played justine in the semis that dav would have lost - taking into consideration dav's current performance and justine's current health?

I think Dav would have beaten justine comfortably :)

Andrew..
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:34 PM
yeah but dav was injured and had to retire the last time they played - you really think if Lindsay had played justine in the semis that dav would have lost - taking into consideration dav's current performance and justine's current health?
Possibly.

RayRob
Oct 6th, 2005, 11:37 PM
I've had a tough, long week at work :( I managed to watch the first set of Lindsay's match the other day, between cooking some lunch and making sandwiches for work.....but the first set, from what I saw was great!

Lindsay played some wonderful tennis - a couple of dodgy volley's into the net, but we can let that slide ;) but from what i saw, it looked like she was having fun at least :D

I saw that interview on eurosport.....I think she should forget about a white porsche and get a yellow one instead and send it to me! I was just telling my mum when I got in from work today that I need my own car (I usually use hers) but I haven't been able to use my mums car this week because I've worked during the day and she needs her car for work in the day! So, Lindsay could win this porsche at a perfect time for me.....though I don't think I'd be able to afford the insurance on it :lol:

Well, I'm not working all day tomorrow (just at night) so I will be able to see Lindsay's match against Myskina :woohoo: First proper amount of tennis I will have seen this week.

In other news, at home, we're changing over from NTL digital to SKY.....well, mum planned on NTL being cut off on November 3rd and SKY not being installed until two weeks after that, meaning I would have missed the champs - completely! :o ... but, the only time available between now and after Christmas for installing SKY is October 31st..... I was having a mini celebration yesterday over that :lol: my mum found it amusing too. So, for 3 days, we'll have NTL and Sky in two rooms, so if anyone wants to borrow a connecting for Eurosport, we'll have 2 free for a few days ;)

Go Lindsay,
-Rache

Frederic
Oct 7th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Lindsay against Myskina should be a good match. Lindsay has to prouve she is solid, but Myskina is playing better and better, and beating Lindsay would be confirming this trend. Don't forget that Lindsay has all the weapons the beat Myskina again!!!! I just hope we are all gonna watch the match this afternoon!!! I won't be able to do it so I'm gonna tape it and watch it later... Let's have fun everybody, watching Lindsay kicking Anastasia's ass!!!

Kelly
Oct 7th, 2005, 11:59 AM
hopefully the first match on will be a quicky so i can see abit of lindsay and set it taping b4 i go to work. Lindsay should win cos Myskina has been crap all week...and i think she has that flu bug thats going round.

Loughyunijen
Oct 7th, 2005, 12:00 PM
go linds!

Andrew..
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:08 PM
(1) Davenport def. (8) Myskina 6-2 3-6 6-1

Odd match. Lindsay played extremely well in the first set. She was serving bombs and really couldn't miss. Nastya kept a high level in the second set, and Lindsay's clearly dropped. Third set Lindsay's serve kicked in again, but Nastya just played some damn ugly games.

Good match to get through. But the last two sets probably won't cut it against KIM!, especially the second set.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:11 PM
She needs to play like she did in the first against Kim. Second wasn't good enough, neither was the third, dispite the scoreline.

Andrew..
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Ugh...the fact that KIM! has won eight titles this year is just wrong. Reason #312 why I think the WTA blows right now.

Loughyunijen
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Change of hair subject.....

err......whats goin on with Adams hair!??!!

How much does it look like Lindsays hair style! Oh my god!

Loughyunijen
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Agree with Andrew.....Lindsay needs to pick up her game to beat Kim.....not sure whether she had a mental blockage in the second set...but definately needs to step it up to beat kim. The first set had some awesome tennis in it...very well constructed points and her serve was great...winning all her points on her 1st serve in second set.....but as the serve % drops we know that her whole game can crumble. My advice....hit some more serves and more sprints please.....her footwork got a little lazy today.

I mean it was a relatively matched game and Mynskia wasnt in the best of health too....we know her healthy Kim is....

Linds needs to step it or...or she'll be shipped out.

Overall average performance.

Andrew..
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:27 PM
I don't think the second set was mental at all. I think she just played like crap. Call it a lapse or whatever, it was just ugly tennis. But I don't think she has any mental issues with Myskina. KIM! is another story.

Worth noting that KIM! is playing like crap now against Alyona. But, 90% of the time Alyona finds a way to screw up in these situations.

Sweep
Oct 7th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Just a quick message to wish Lindsay all the best for her match tomorrow. :) Go on!

Loughyunijen
Oct 7th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Kims out!

Elena....looked very good today...her groundies were amazing!

Could this be the perfect revenge for Dav.......US open was just nasty!

!<blocparty>!
Oct 7th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Oh, OK. Well that was shocking. :unsure: Now Momo is sucking against Petty.

Linds is in the final, but who does she play :scratch: Demented is gonna be a bitch if she gets there.

lindsayno1
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:32 PM
i want demented revenge. not another amelie v lindsay final please. snorzefest!!!!

Momo match is just weird. its on in the pub over at the union

i only saw first 2 sets of dav match in cos i had to go to a lecture. First set was awesome! some great shots. she was bitchslapping nastya left right and centre.

wtf was the second all about! Idiot....

Third i cannot comment.

Our semi is laughable...Dani!!! woooo!

And as for Kim...wtf happened! i only saw the last 2 games

bis2806
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:37 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051007/capt.kstu10510071347.germany_tennis_porsche_grand_ prix_kstu105.jpg

(http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/gallery)
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051007/capt.kstu10610071346.germany_tennis_porsche_grand_ prix_kstu106.jpg

I like this picture very much for some reason :) Her hair dye looks really cool on her and she straightened her hair - very neat and classy!

Andrew..
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Well, that's good news that KIM! is out. Though, we can't look to the final just yet.

First of all, Lindsay got into real trouble against Dani in New Haven this year. She had to save two set points. She's had close matches against her before, and Dani is full of confidence. That's a match that Lindsay can lose if she's not careful.

And the last time I remember people saying that Lindsay's draw was a cakewalk, she lost. In horrible fashion.

Andrew..
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Oh, and I don't know why you people don't want Mauresmo in the final.

One, Lindsay clearly is the superior player over Mauresmo, especially on this surface.

Two, Mauresmo isn't in good form.

Three, Mauresmo is about twice as many bonus points.

And four, how have you all seemingly forgotten her last match against Alyona.

bis2806
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:52 PM
http://images14.fotki.com/v221/photos/2/22401/2723756/DSC04020-vi.jpg (http://public.fotki.com/Goshka/temp/filderstadt_2007/dsc04022.html)

http://images14.fotki.com/v223/photos/2/22401/2723756/DSC04154-vi.jpg (http://public.fotki.com/Goshka/temp/filderstadt_2007/dsc04155.html)

http://images12.fotki.com/v236/photos/2/22401/2723756/DSC04155-vi.jpg (http://public.fotki.com/Goshka/temp/filderstadt_2007/dsc04159.html)

http://images14.fotki.com/v223/photos/2/22401/2723756/DSC04159-vi.jpg (http://public.fotki.com/Goshka/temp/filderstadt_2007/dsc04160.html)

http://images14.fotki.com/v223/photos/2/22401/2723756/DSC04160-vi.jpg (http://public.fotki.com/Goshka/temp/filderstadt_2007/dsc04161.html)

http://images14.fotki.com/v219/photos/2/22401/2723756/DSC04022-vi.jpg (http://public.fotki.com/Goshka/temp/filderstadt_2007/dsc04024.html)

Lindsayfan32
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Ugh...the fact that KIM! has won eight titles this year is just wrong. Reason #312 why I think the WTA blows right now.

Andrew again I agree with you on this one. Kim is number one there is no dout about it. Lindsay is the true number 2. Its a shame Kim lost. But it ups Lindsay chances of winning the whole thing and a title defence with go along way to helping her content for the year end number one ranking.

Andrew..
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:13 PM
On another note, Lindsay is really back in the grasp of Year End #1.

With today's results, she's 104 points back of Clijsters for #2. So, win the semi tomorrow, and Lindsay stays just 26 points back of #2. Win the tournament, beating Mauresmo in the final, and she's #2, less than 70 points behind Sharapova for #1 again.

However, she's not defending her SF points in Moscow. So regardless of what happens this week, she'll still slip down to #3 after Moscow. But after that, Lindsay is playing Zurich, a tier I which strangely no top players are playing this year, and Philadelphia, a moderately strong tier II. Clijsters is only playing Hasselt, a tier III which she will likely win.

So, if Lindsay wins Filderstadt, that pretty much shuts the door on Maria's shot at ending the year #1. And, it greatly improves Lindsay's chances. With a Filderstadt title, she would be only 257 points behind KIM! in the Race. This could all really come down to the YEC.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:21 PM
What about with a Zurich TITLE?

Andrew..
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Don't hold be to this, because I haven't done all the math out, but if Lindsay wins both Filderstadt and Zurich, I believe she'll be #1.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I just hope Lindsay can finish off the year playing good tennis against the top players again. Remember what happened the last time she lost a USO quarter final? A similar thing would be nice this year, minus the injury, naturally.

The best way to end this year would be with wins over Vee and Kim. #1 would be nice, of course. Going into next year still knowing she can beat her previous nemisis' will hopefully give extra motivation to come back in Aus and dominate, with no doubles this time.

Elldee
Oct 7th, 2005, 10:01 PM
I love this surface. Great match.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 7th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Does anyone know if the YEC is going to keep the indoor clay as it's surface this year? BTW.

Nikki
Oct 7th, 2005, 11:17 PM
C'mon Lindsay:)

RayRob
Oct 7th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Does anyone know if the YEC is going to keep the indoor clay as it's surface this year? BTW.

:haha: good one! But i hope not....that was the worse indoor surface i have ever seen in my entire life! I dare say it was worse than clay!

Great first set Lindsay played against Ana. I was just :eek: when she was pasting those lines. My dad even watched it with me and he was "woaw" and "woohoo-ing" worse than I was. Lindsay belted down a serve and my dad was like, "Wooow...what a serve, she never saw that!"....in fact some of his cheering made me jump....at least he was into it ;) But my point is, that's how great Lindsay was playing - the fact that my dad was into it said it all!

The second set was a bit :rolleyes: ....you only have to look at the stats to see that she was missing shots that she wasn't in the first....Ana just played consistantly through the second, which is why she could take advantage of Lindsay's errors.....then, as you know Lindsay was back in the third set. She had a match point for a bagel set.....I was hoping there would be a good old bagel, but it wasn't to be. A bread stick is second best though!

Not sure what the OOP is for tomorrow, i checked on the Porsche site but nothing is up yet. I hope Lindsay is first on at about midday UK time because I have promised I would go out with my friend because I couldn't on her birthday last week.....

Anyway, great chance for Lindsay to win here.....hopefully she can get me a yellow porsche herself a white porsche. ;)

Robbie.
Oct 8th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Well, that's good news that KIM! is out. Though, we can't look to the final just yet.

First of all, Lindsay got into real trouble against Dani in New Haven this year. She had to save two set points. She's had close matches against her before, and Dani is full of confidence. That's a match that Lindsay can lose if she's not careful.

And the last time I remember people saying that Lindsay's draw was a cakewalk, she lost. In horrible fashion.

Exactly. Let's not get too cocky.

I hope Lindsay wins (obviously) and Momo wins her semifinal. Why people would want Lindsay facing Dementieva in a final is beyond me.

lindsayno1
Oct 8th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Lindsay is first on

Id rather momo from the point of winning, but momo v dav matches just bore me. The wimbledon one was good, but all boring apart from that!

Andrew..
Oct 8th, 2005, 02:33 AM
I don't remember a single Dementieva Davenport match where both have played well at the same time. It's eaither really close and both are error machines, or one bulldozes the other. One plays okay, and the other bombs. Examples - YEC 04, RG 04.

I can't respect Dementieva with that serve. I don't care if she has the best ground game out there, which she probably does on her good days. It's ridiculous.

lindsayno1
Oct 8th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I can't respect Dementieva with that serve.

i know what you mean! Its rediculous

Loughyunijen
Oct 8th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Does anyone know what the williams sisters are playing tournament wise till the end of the year?

Looks like Lindsay has a real shot of YE no.1 if she realy wants it!

LethalLindsay
Oct 8th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Actually Elena's serve has REALLY come along with the help of Kraijcek. Lindsay and Momo in the final!

LethalLindsay
Oct 8th, 2005, 03:20 PM
This photo is such typical goofy Lindz! I LOVE IT!

Kelly
Oct 8th, 2005, 03:52 PM
yey i have my lindsay momo final wooot. i dont actually care who wins lol..cos i will be happy either way...

joaco
Oct 8th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I can't respect Dementieva with that serve. I don't care if she has the best ground game out there, which she probably does on her good days. It's ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more. I mean, it just gets me MAD that the girl does not fix her serve. It IS ridiculous, I mean, I am POSITIVE I have a MUCH better second serve than her and I'm not even ranked. :rolleyes:

lindsayno1
Oct 8th, 2005, 05:28 PM
yey i have my lindsay momo final wooot. i dont actually care who wins lol..cos i will be happy either way...

*mutters*

Frederic
Oct 8th, 2005, 07:18 PM
This photo is such typical goofy Lindz! I LOVE IT!
Yes!!!! This picture is actually very funny!!! I definitely think that the score doesn't reveal the intensity of the match. Lindsay struggled a little bit during this match, even if, I do admit, she served some missiles, and hit some forehands and backhands on the lines that allowed her to squash Daniela... Now, I just hope Lindsay will win this tournament again!!! Another porshe please, a white one!!!! :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Oct 8th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Nobody has yet commented on Lindsay's 14 aces today. WTF?

Anyway, great stats, Linds.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 8th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Couldn't agree more. I mean, it just gets me MAD that the girl does not fix her serve. It IS ridiculous, I mean, I am POSITIVE I have a MUCH better second serve than her and I'm not even ranked. :rolleyes:

Joaco that not hard to have a better second serve than Elena.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 8th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Nobody has yet commented on Lindsay's 14 aces today. WTF?

Anyway, great stats, Linds.

14 aces is great against anybody. I can only watch a live score feed and I thought I was reading things when I came on and Lindsay had 10 aces but let's hope she can do it again in the final as it is a sign her serve is going well and she is pretty unbeatable when she serves like that.

Andrew..
Oct 8th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Good, high quality match.

The Elena Amelie match was a typical WTA horror show, so if Lindsay shows up tomorrow she should win.

RayRob
Oct 8th, 2005, 10:39 PM
I saw the match and thought Lindsay played top quality stuff. The scoreline is quite deceiving but it was a close one.....Dani got lindsay playing one more shot, and usually that sort of play can break lindsay but she was running everything down! Unbeleivable stuff, which you would probably have to watch to beleive!

I was gobsmacked at the amount of aces, she was serving awesome.....she was throwing down bombs. For Lindsay also to be painting the lines not just in one match of the week, but all three is a great sign! Lot's of smiles too from Lindsay - that's always great to see.

As for that goofy picture, the Filderstadt broadcast showed a reply of one of Lindsay's forehand winners, and it was after that, that she stuck her tongue out :lol: One other part that made me laugh, and I don't know if any of you saw it, but early in the first set, Lindsay hit about 3 aces and one unreturnable serve in the same game, and after the 3rd ace, she looked at her racket and said "WOW".....not sure if she's using a different racket tension....but she did seem a little shocked. ;)

Looking forward to the final, which I'll have to watch the scores online for because Eurocrap aren't showing it live - can you beleive that!? How bizzarre to show the whole thing live, except for the final :haha: strange people!

Go Lindsay

Andrew..
Oct 8th, 2005, 11:45 PM
I'm glad Lindsay in embracing the indoor surface.

chewy
Oct 9th, 2005, 12:29 AM
I saw the match and thought Lindsay played top quality stuff. The scoreline is quite deceiving but it was a close one.....Dani got lindsay playing one more shot, and usually that sort of play can break lindsay but she was running everything down! Unbeleivable stuff, which you would probably have to watch to beleive!
i want to watch this lindsy vs dani match even more now!

I was gobsmacked at the amount of aces, she was serving awesome.....she was throwing down bombs. For Lindsay also to be painting the lines not just in one match of the week, but all three is a great sign! Lot's of smiles too from Lindsay - that's always great to see.

As for that goofy picture, the Filderstadt broadcast showed a reply of one of Lindsay's forehand winners, and it was after that, that she stuck her tongue out :lol: One other part that made me laugh, and I don't know if any of you saw it, but early in the first set, Lindsay hit about 3 aces and one unreturnable serve in the same game, and after the 3rd ace, she looked at her racket and said "WOW".....not sure if she's using a different racket tension....but she did seem a little shocked. ;)

Looking forward to the final, which I'll have to watch the scores online for because Eurocrap aren't showing it live - can you beleive that!? How bizzarre to show the whole thing live, except for the final :haha: strange people!

Go Lindsay

thanz RayRob for reporting on d match, reading them is d nxt best thing since i don't get to see her matches(no cable tv><) other than d slams. its very humorous :lol: glad u n ur dad enjoyed watching tennis 2gather, its always funny to see family member's(esp non-tennis fan) reactions whn they watched d sport.

Robbie.
Oct 9th, 2005, 12:44 AM

Yes. It's surprising, because she never enjoys the fall, you know.

chewy
Oct 9th, 2005, 12:47 AM
i can't help but think the final won't be that easy for lindsay(altho i fully believe she is capable of d win ;) go linds!!), i just think momo can't be underestimated. especially since kim finaly got her 1st slam title, which only leave momo as one of the best /no.1s wta player yet to win a slam.

i hav a feeling she's either gonna switch it on now or never, i think whn nxt season begins(for aussie open), she'll either thrive on this pressure or crack!
i hope its not d later cos i generally like momo but whn she's up against linds, im all for lindsay!

Lindsayfan32
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:37 AM

Andrew Lindsay has always been one of the better indoor players. It would have to be her second best surface after hardcourts if you can call indoors a surface. If she plays the way she did in semis in final no onw will best her.

Lindsay is going for her 50th title. Mommo her 400th career win.

lindsayno1
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:48 AM
lindsay is momos thorn in her side

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 9th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Good luck against Momo Lindsay!

Elldee
Oct 9th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Grass is Lindsay's best surface, IMO.

Eurosport suck... I liked the way they showed a replay of Lindsay missing a shot, smiling, and saying 'fuuuck me'.

sweet_angel23
Oct 9th, 2005, 10:33 AM
goodluck Lindsay!! :bounce:
i have no idea why dont they show these tournaments here in Australia...
i miss Lindsay..haven't seen her play in about a month now i think...
lucky, you guyz are so generous to tell about the match..thanx :angel: :hug:

Loughyunijen
Oct 9th, 2005, 10:34 AM
what the hell is going on with euroshit....where the god dam lindsay game!!!!???!!

lindsayno1
Oct 9th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Eurosport suck... I liked the way they showed a replay of Lindsay missing a shot, smiling, and saying 'fuuuck me'.

:rotf: classic dav!!

Elldee
Oct 9th, 2005, 11:08 AM
They showed the final last year. I still have it on video. The point for the break in the first game was breathtaking. Anyone remember?

foreva lindsay
Oct 9th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Good Luck in the final Lindsay :woohoo:

Andrew..
Oct 9th, 2005, 12:10 PM
what the hell is going on with euroshit....where the god dam lindsay game!!!!???!!
It doesn't start until now.

Elldee
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Title number 50 for Lindsay. Amazing achievement. 6-2 6-4.

Andrew..
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Lindsay :banana:

Amazing form from Lindsay. Some lapses in the second set, but overall really good tennis. That serve is :scared:

RayRob
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Lindsay :banana:

Amazing form from Lindsay. Some lapses in the second set, but overall really good tennis. That serve is :scared:

Quite right andrew....great win - seems that Lindsay really does own Amilie. I didn't see the match because Eurocrap chose to broadcast some other low level event - it will be on tonight though.....but I'm sure it was a great performance from Lindsay - minus the break of serve in the second set.....but you know Lindsay, she can't go two matches in a row without being broken at least once at some point. Perhaps she was testing out her return game under pressure ;)

It's a great milestone - title Number 50! I just hope the Euro recording of the match will show the presentation ceremony like they did last year. But what the heck is Lindsay gonna do with 3 Porsches collecting dust in the garage? :confused: I still say give me one!

Well done Lindsay :banana:

-Rache

Andrew..
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:26 PM
You can listen to it online too Rache. :)

Andrew..
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Another interresting note: Lindsay hasn't lost at a tier II tournament in two years (excluding retirement at Stanford). That's an amazing record.

Andrew..
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Lindsay now owns the largest WTA winning streak, tied with Vaidisova.

RayRob
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:31 PM
You can listen to it online too Rache. :)

Was that on eurosport? or Radio tennis online or whatever it is? I tried Radio tennis online a while ago for another event but couldn't get it to work....

....that's an amazing record too regarding the teir 2 events....basically, if Lindsay enters a tier 2, everyone better be affraid! ;)

Is Lindsay playing Zurich next or Linz? I doubt she'll play both if any.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Another interresting note: Lindsay hasn't lost at a tier II tournament in two years (excluding retirement at Stanford). That's an amazing record.

I didn't know that. That quite a stat when you think about it. The thing that has made me more happy than Lindsay winning her 50th title is she said she no plan to retire anytime soon. I hope she holds on to that thought for another year or so at least.

Lindsay contrats on title 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy your new car.

Jan
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Fabulous win Lindsay. Can't wait to see it on Eurocrap tonight.
Great 50th WTA title :)

Frederic
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Hey!!! I don't think that eurosport sucks!!! They showed the quarterfinal match Myskina, the semifinal match against Hantuchova, and the final against Mauresmo... All were live matches... So I'm not disappointed with eurosport for the moment!! As regards to the final, I think that Lindsay played an average level. She won because she knows that Amelie is mentally breakable. Lindsay trailed in the second set 2/4. She would have lost the set against Kim, Justine, or even Elena... She has only been lucky. I know that she has won some great points but it hasn't been the same Lindsay as the Lindsay against Myskina... 50th title!!!! Lindsay is soooo stunning

jacs
Oct 9th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Late but Fab win from Lindsay :) Not a lot of players out there could say that they have 50 singles titles :)

:bounce:

tennisboi
Oct 9th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Congrats Lindsay! What surface is Filderstadt officially, because at Bali Lindsay equalled Seles with 28 hardcourt titles? It is a fantastic victory and a wonderful achievement.

stenen
Oct 9th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Congrats to Lindsay and all of her fans for the 50th title. An awesome accomplishment!
Her performance was great throughout the tournament and she deserved the title and that nice Porsche :drive:

Andrew..
Oct 9th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Was that on eurosport? or Radio tennis online or whatever it is? I tried Radio tennis online a while ago for another event but couldn't get it to work....

....that's an amazing record too regarding the teir 2 events....basically, if Lindsay enters a tier 2, everyone better be affraid! ;)

Is Lindsay playing Zurich next or Linz? I doubt she'll play both if any.
Her schedule is Zurich, Philadelphia and the YEC.

Andrew..
Oct 9th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Oh, and it was ES Live Audio online. I can give you the link for the next few tournaments if you need it. :)

Nikki
Oct 9th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Fantastic win and congrats on title 50:bounce:

Andrew..
Oct 9th, 2005, 02:59 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photos_rx/Davenport-car_8200_rx.jpg

She looks much more happy after winning this year than she did last year. :)

Andrew..
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:07 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051009/capt.kstu10610091324.germany_tennis_porsche_grand_ prix_kstu106.jpg

Driving!

Loughyunijen
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:10 PM
awesome pic! She should take the red porche.....NOT the white!

WHITE sucks!

I'd have silver to be honest!

Loughyunijen
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:10 PM
any interviews anywhere?

Loughyunijen
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Also isnt it a bit pointless that shes flying all the way back to LA for just 4 days before flying back to Europe!?!?

She should just play moscow! :)

Gather these points up for YEC!

Elldee
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Congrats Lindsay! What surface is Filderstadt officially, because at Bali Lindsay equalled Seles with 28 hardcourt titles? It is a fantastic victory and a wonderful achievement.

It's classed as 'indoor/hardcourt'

I'm glad Lindsay isn't playing Moscow... she is less likely to continue her streak if she plays on that slow carpet. It's too late now anyway!

Andrew..
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Yes, no Moscow. She couldn't do it now if she even wanted to.

I like how her schedule is right now. Filderstadt, week off, Zurich, week off, Philadelphia, YEC. Also, YEC play doesn't even begin until Wednesday, so there's a break there too. I guess she could play Linz if she wanted to, but she doesn't have to. She'd still be in a good position for #1 without it. And there's no way that the WTA will let her out of Zurich. She's going to be one of only two top five players there as it is.

Kelly
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:33 PM
well done lindsay!!!!

title 50 woot!! the car is niiice.....im looking forward to driving that ;-)
people on the M60 better watch out!!

Robbie.
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Lindsay is simply wonderful.

Zurich and Philadephia have both been great tourneys for her and she can only pick up points there. Lots to look forward to :)

joaco
Oct 9th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Congrats Lindsay on your 50th Title!!! :eek: That is trully amazing.

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 9th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Congrats on your 50th title Lindsay! She looks really happy driving that Porsche around!

RayRob
Oct 9th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Hey!!! I don't think that eurosport sucks!!! They showed the quarterfinal match Myskina, the semifinal match against Hantuchova, and the final against Mauresmo... All were live matches...

Well, you might have got the final live, but we in the UK didn't because we have British Eurosport.....you probably have Eurosport International which sometimes differ in programming. So, in the UK we have to wait until tonight for the recorded match.

What we are upset about with Brit Eurosport is that they showed live matches from the second round, through to the semi and didn't show the final live.....that's what I'm peed about! :mad:

i would normally go for a yellow porsche, but Lindsay's choice of white is particularly bad......the red looks great though!

-Rache

Loughyunijen
Oct 9th, 2005, 07:13 PM
The red looks hot!

Andrew..
Oct 9th, 2005, 08:10 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20051009/capt.sge.pks56.091005152622.photo00.photo.default-384x272.jpg

I wish we saw this kind of emotion more often.

Clearly, she wanted this title.

fnuf7
Oct 9th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Now THAT is a nice car!! But I really wouldn't go with red or her planned white, deffo suit silver I think. Anyhoo well done on I don't even know how many landmarks she reached this year!

!<blocparty>!
Oct 9th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Wow. She totally took Amelie apart, and couldn't stop smiling at the end... genuine happiness.

She was unplayable for most of the match today.

Golinds
Oct 9th, 2005, 10:20 PM
niiice car lindsay!! :p congrats on a 5oth title!! whooo!! bring out the beer and champagne!! :worship: :bounce: :bounce:

Ty-Ty
Oct 9th, 2005, 10:23 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20051009/capt.sge.pks56.091005152622.photo00.photo.default-384x272.jpg

Where has that Lindsay been all year?
:mad:

Someone should just tell her the Aussie Open has been changed to a Tier II.
:worship:

Congrats for 50th title. Very impressive.

lindsayno1
Oct 10th, 2005, 12:26 AM
thats an awesome pic! That along with Amelia Island ties in as the pic of the year

[/QUOTE]She looks much more happy after winning this year than she did last year[QUOTE]

wlel it was an anticlimax wasnt it...momo retired! and she didnt win her 50th title did she ;)

Kelly
Oct 10th, 2005, 12:51 AM
lmao @ the above message...

i would have a metalic black porsche with tinted windows...or yellow with tinted windows. and of course the customary fluffy dices and bumber sticker saying 'my other car is a nova'

DENNYLEG
Oct 10th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Lindsay Congratulations on 50 WTA Tour Titles! What a GREAT accomplishment!You are AWESOME! :worship: :bounce: :wavey: :worship: :bounce: :wavey:

sweet_angel23
Oct 10th, 2005, 08:02 AM
well done Lindsay!! :yeah:
you're simply the best.. :) :angel:

foreva lindsay
Oct 10th, 2005, 10:35 AM

Love it!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Well Done Lindsay :worship:

chewy
Oct 10th, 2005, 11:09 AM
a very late congrats to lindsay!! altho i already check d score this morning n was estactic to see her win in straight sets, had no time to post till now.

n i lov that pic of lindsay Andrew.. posted!

white porsch wouldnt be my first choice too, but if i had 2 in black already, wouldnt mind havin a more unique colour for d third, maybe lindsay chose white because its not as attention grabing n she might feel more comfortable drivin it ard more often :p

stenen
Oct 10th, 2005, 12:19 PM
any interviews anywhere?

Lindsay wins Filderstadt video clip (mms://vipeurosport.yacast.net/eurosport/2005/10/10/davenport_com_21861_4_57_0_384x288.wmv)

alibaby
Oct 10th, 2005, 12:32 PM
a very late congrats to lindsay!! altho i already check d score this morning n was estactic to see her win in straight sets, had no time to post till now.

n i lov that pic of lindsay Andrew.. posted!

white porsch wouldnt be my first choice too, but if i had 2 in black already, wouldnt mind havin a more unique colour for d third, maybe lindsay chose white because its not as attention grabing n she might feel more comfortable drivin it ard more often :p
wonderful,yes!that at least makes up a bit for all the mishaps this season,wimbly,UO,injuries and so on..
:kiss: :kiss: linny-baby!!

Loughyunijen
Oct 10th, 2005, 05:16 PM
thanks stenen! :)

RayRob
Oct 10th, 2005, 05:21 PM
:lol: was it my pc or does that video clip really show Lindsay green and upside-down when she's being interviewed?! Maybe it was my PC, it started fine but when Lindsay started talking the video flipped upside down and turned green :lol:

Nikki
Oct 10th, 2005, 05:31 PM
:lol: was it my pc or does that video clip really show Lindsay green and upside-down when she's being interviewed?! Maybe it was my PC, it started fine but when Lindsay started talking the video flipped upside down and turned green :lol:

Lol Rach, it plays fine for me so I would say it was your PC.