PDA

View Full Version : goddamn ass sex!! who here uses ebay?

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 01:54 AM
who here uses ebay?

i am trying to sell something on ebay (i wont post the link because i am not a spammer :angel: ), and one day 3 of a 10 day auction i have gotten 874 hits and 16 watchers but none of these bleepers have placed a bid!!! what gives!!!

Tati & Dani
Sep 29th, 2005, 01:58 AM
they waith till the last day (last hours)

it can go very fast then.
i sell a lot there

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:03 AM
they waith till the last day (last hours)

it can go very fast then.
i sell a lot there

thanx

damn!!! why do they do that? damnit to hell. i paid $30 to list this item and i need it to sell. :sad:

Tati & Dani
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:15 AM
if someone bid , then someone else bid more, the first person bid again and then it's so expensive for them (good for you , but bad for them)

so they waith. But if 16 people are followwing it , believe me , the bid will be much higher then the asking price ;)

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:24 AM
if someone bid , then someone else bid more, the first person bid again and then it's so expensive for them (good for you , but bad for them)

so they waith. But if 16 people are followwing it , believe me , the bid will be much higher then the asking price ;)
really?

i am worried because i am trying to my nintendo ds with the autograph of the creator of mario, zelda, donkey kong and all that mess. but other sellers are selling these stupid skins that just have a picture of his sig.

and i am worried that i am beening undercut and that those that would buy my real autograph will go for the picture instead. is there anything i can do to keep my auction from getting lost in the mess of fakes?

ampers&
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:53 AM
*hauls ass into post*
DID SOMEONE SAY ASS SEX?????:speakles::drool:

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:05 AM
does anyone know how to get ebays support number?

drake3781
Sep 29th, 2005, 04:27 AM
really?

i am worried because i am trying to my nintendo ds with the autograph of the creator of mario, zelda, donkey kong and all that mess. but other sellers are selling these stupid skins that just have a picture of his sig.

and i am worried that i am beening undercut and that those that would buy my real autograph will go for the picture instead. is there anything i can do to keep my auction from getting lost in the mess of fakes?

If you have no bids you can cancel the auction. You can also change your description with no bids. If you have bids you can still add pictures, and add to (but not change) your description.

If this is not listed in a way that makes it clear exactly what you are selling (as opposed to a fake) I suggest you cancel the auction before anyone bids (like NOW).

Then rethink your title, description, and photos. Then relist.

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 04:42 AM
If you have no bids you can cancel the auction. You can also change your description with no bids. If you have bids you can still add pictures, and add to (but not change) your description.

If this is not listed in a way that makes it clear exactly what you are selling (as opposed to a fake) I suggest you cancel the auction before anyone bids (like NOW).

Then rethink your title, description, and photos. Then relist.

damn. ok i have NO exprience in selling. i know i said i would not. but can you look it and tell me if i need to do any of those things
ebay item number.

it has been a really shitty ebay day. so jack ass is using my images to sell his shit and make me look like a liar :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :mad: :fiery: :fiery: and the bitch write me to say thank you. for the pictures. lets see how bad ebay punishes you.

drake3781
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:08 AM
damn. ok i have NO exprience in selling. i know i said i would not. but can you look it and tell me if i need to do any of those things
ebay item number.

it has been a really shitty ebay day. so jack ass is using my images to sell his shit and make me look like a liar :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :mad: :fiery: :fiery: and the bitch write me to say thank you. for the pictures. lets see how bad ebay punishes you.

I don't know a thing about nintendo or this man or signed items so I'm probably not the best source of advice about it.

Can you reference a picture of anything else that he actually signed the same way? I think the Q&A actually hurts by raising questions of authenticity, which people might not have had before reading that. Since there are no bids you can stop the auction and relist without it, and add anything else you can find to help authenticize. (Check your fees to cancel - you have to pay something but not the selling %.) Your pics are good, maybe add a closeup of the sig itself. The part about reasons unknown should be reworded - make it sound like a good thing - something special - not a mystery. .

BOTTOMLINE: would you be happy getting your minimum bid? If no, raise it or relist. If yes, let it go.

sixfeetfree
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:38 AM
JigglyPuff-

By no means am I an eBay expert but your ad looks fine. However, the Q & A that you posted brings up a point that drake brought up. If someone is questioning the authenticity, that could hurt more than help, although those that have seen it will remember if you remove it... and those that see it for the first time could raise doubt by reading that question. I would probably remove it and take my chances, but that's me.

Regarding the bids, or lack thereof: It's been my observation that people usually wait to bid towards the end of an aution rather than the beginning, hellifiknow why. Many people do not understand p/r/o/x/y bidding - bidding the maximum amount you want to spend and eBay only raising your bid by the minimum increment required to win the item - and thus wait until the end of the auction scrambling around to outbid someone with a minute left... controlled chaos... much like life itself. Anyhow, that is probably why you don't have many bids right now, wait until towards the end and I'm sure there'll be plenty. Happy eBaying!

I had to edit the word p.r.o.x.y.... weird.

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:39 AM
I don't know a thing about nintendo or this man or signed items so I'm probably not the best source of advice about it.

Can you reference a picture of anything else that he actually signed the same way? I think the Q&A actually hurts by raising questions of authenticity, which people might not have had before reading that. Since there are no bids you can stop the auction and relist without it, and add anything else you can find to help authenticize. (Check your fees to cancel - you have to pay something but not the selling %.) Your pics are good, maybe add a closeup of the sig itself. The part about reasons unknown should be reworded - make it sound like a good thing - something special - not a mystery. .

BOTTOMLINE: would you be happy getting your minimum bid? If no, raise it or relist. If yes, let it go.

i am confused about the confuse over the sig. he signed iit in.... but they you have the pictures of him there before and after it was signed.

pictures of him signing it dont seem to be enough, do you know what i dcan do that pictures do not?

SoMuchEyeCandy
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:41 AM
*hauls ass into post*
DID SOMEONE SAY ASS SEX?????:speakles::drool:

I think so. :lick: :lick: :hearts: :drool: :hearts: :drool:

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:43 AM
JigglyPuff-

By no means am I an eBay expert but your ad looks fine. However, the Q & A that you posted brings up a point that drake brought up. If someone is questioning the authenticity, that could hurt more than help, although those that have seen it will remember if you remove it... and those that see it for the first time could raise doubt by reading that question. I would probably remove it and take my chances, but that's me.

Regarding the bids, or lack thereof: It's been my observation that people usually wait to bid towards the end of an aution rather than the beginning, hellifiknow why. Many people do not understand p/r/o/x/y bidding - bidding the maximum amount you want to spend and eBay only raising your bid by the minimum increment required to win the item - and thus wait until the end of the auction scrambling around to outbid someone with a minute left... controlled chaos... much like life itself. Anyhow, that is probably why you don't have many bids right now, wait until towards the end and I'm sure there'll be plenty. Happy eBaying!

I had to edit the word p.r.o.x.y.... weird.

ok. this is the sucks. it cant be removed. i would have delete the item and the relist and as it coest 30$ to do that i dont want to
darn i wish there was something i could do to address this.

sixfeetfree
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:45 AM
ok. this is the sucks. it cant be removed. i would have delete the item and the relist and as it coest 30$ to do that i dont want to
Actually, the order of your pics are good. It shows you, or the item, at the table, then the pic of him signing, then the pic of the signature on the item... nice. You can't remove the Question and Answer thing without having to relist?

SoMuchEyeCandy
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:47 AM

You could buy the item yourself. :rolleyes:

drake3781
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:53 AM

...a plain explanation that the pictures are you and the item with the man signing it, and one is before and one is after, and here is exactly what he signed, and the picture is the actual item. Tell the story of the pictures. I know this is clear to you but think you need to spell that out.

U sure u have to pay the full $30 to cancel and relist? What about just increase your starting bid to the minimum you can take?

And last but not least, turn off the PC, leave it alone, and return when the auciton is over., prepare for good or bad news... sometimes you can get too caught up in it and it doesnt help.

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Actually, the order of your pics are good. It shows you, or the item, at the table, then the pic of him signing, then the pic of the signature on the item... nice. You can't remove the Question and Answer thing without having to relist?

nope

:(

i thought including the question would be a good idea bu t now i reallize it was not. :sad: :sad: :sad:

sixfeetfree
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:12 AM
nope

:(

i thought including the question would be a good idea bu t now i reallize it was not. :sad: :sad: :sad:
Then let it run, don't delete it. There's no need to pay $30, and then another $30 when you relist it. Also, maybe post another question about the item that is more positive, that might help take focus away from the question that idiot asked.

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:32 AM
...a plain explanation that the pictures are you and the item with the man signing it, and one is before and one is after, and here is exactly what he signed, and the picture is the actual item. Tell the story of the pictures. I know this is clear to you but think you need to spell that out.

U sure u have to pay the full $30 to cancel and relist? What about just increase your starting bid to the minimum you can take?

And last but not least, turn off the PC, leave it alone, and return when the auciton is over., prepare for good or bad news... sometimes you can get too caught up in it and it doesnt help.
will do.

thank you sixfeet!!

sixfeetfree
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:57 AM
will do.

thank you sixfeet!!
Noooo problemo, good luck with it, I hope someone uses your "Buy It Now" option. :)

controlfreak
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Personally I never do a 10-day auction. You might think "more days => more bids" but 10 is too much. I do 7 days in sparse categories and 3 days in popular categories. On the 7 day ones I rarely get a bid before the last 3 or 4 days.

By the way, I think your item is way overpriced. The DS is $130 on amazon, you're telling me that a signed version is worth $700?? Ok, maybe to a fanatic Nintendo collector, but there can only be 1 or 2 in the world prepared to pay that much. If you actually want to sell your DS you should price it for a wider range of buyers.

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Personally I never do a 10-day auction. You might think "more days => more bids" but 10 is too much. I do 7 days in sparse categories and 3 days in popular categories. On the 7 day ones I rarely get a bid before the last 3 or 4 days.

By the way, I think your item is way overpriced. The DS is $130 on amazon, you're telling me that a signed version is worth $700?? Ok, maybe to a fanatic Nintendo collector, but there can only be 1 or 2 in the world prepared to pay that much. If you actually want to sell your DS you should price it for a wider range of buyers.

dude thats the buy it now.

the starting bid is only $269. that thing is worth at least $499. at least. we are talking what is probably a one of kind item, because its signed on the inside where the sig wont fade and signed in his native japanese. and considering mr. miyamoto rarely does public signings and has only done this one since the ds launch, and you had to be line at least 12 hours in advance to even have a chance at getting a sig, yeah its definately worth $269 and if anything its grossly UNDERPRICED because i wanted to sell this thing and get some bids.

griffin
Sep 29th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Most people on ebay aren't looking to pay market value, I don't think. They're hoping to get stuff cheap(er). Which is also why people don't want to start bidding early. If I want the thing, why would I start bidding (and a possible bidding war) that early and give the price that much more time to get jacked up?

I wouldn't panic, though, sounds like you're dealing with a unique item and it may just take time for it to find an interested party.

controlfreak
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:01 PM
If that thing sells I'll eat my collection of gameboy games :p

esquímaux
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:48 PM
I used to shop ebay until i got an undesired surprise last time I went dildo shopping :o;)

Sally Struthers
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Jiggly, put a watermark on your picture

Rocketta
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:39 PM

well get to chomping cause someone placed a bid.....

Jiggly, don't worry.....most auctions don't start moving until an hour or two before the auction over.....but it does move quickly then....I can't tell you how many times I was bidding to the last second trying to win an item....

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Please post pictures of you eating your collection as a bid as has already been placed

:rolls: :haha: :haha:

Rocketta
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Hey Jiggly maybe offer the pics along with the Nintendo in the sale sort of as like your version of the certificate of authenticity. ;)

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:43 PM
by someone with a 100% rating and no bid retractions.

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Hey Jiggly maybe offer the pics along with the Nintendo in the sale sort of as like your version of the certificate of authenticity. ;)
Yeah i was planning on including 5X7 prints of the images in the auction and then some with the item. should i say that in the auction? a bid has been placed so i can only add to the auction.

Rocketta
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah i was planning on including 5X7 prints of the images in the auction and then some with the item. should i say that in the auction? a bid has been placed so i can only add to the auction.

Yeah I think you should definitely say that in the auction...

Can you change the S&H amount? I hope so because that is way too low. You will need to get insurance or at least receipt confirmation and the packing materials will probably cost you more than $5 alone.

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:55 PM
thank you everyone i feel so much better now that i have a bid!!!

Wigglytuff
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah I think you should definitely say that in the auction...

Can you change the S&H amount? I hope so because that is way too low. You will need to get insurance or at least receipt confirmation and the packing materials will probably cost you more than $5 alone.
i can but i dont want to. i read somewhere that the best way to keep people from bidding on an item is if the shipping is too high. its going to cost about 15$ with confirmation, so i take a $10 hit. if it sell for $300 or more i make good money even after ebays cut.

Rocketta
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:14 PM
i can but i dont want to. i read somewhere that the best way to keep people from bidding on an item is if the shipping is too high. its going to cost about 15$ with confirmation, so i take a $10 hit. if it sell for $300 or more i make good money even after ebays cut.

Well that's true, I know if shipping is too high I don't buy either but I don't think anyone would look at $10 S&H fee for this item and think it's too high.

Rocketta
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:16 PM
I just bought a motherboard and paid $12 S&H I thought that was very reasonable for them to ship via Fedex with signature required plus the handling....now if someone was selling a book I wouldn't pay more than $5 S&H....

controlfreak
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Haha, it was me who bid, now I'm going to retract it and I won't have to eat my games!

Actually, that's a lie. Anyway, I seem to have lost most of my games, and the ones I have are mostly GBA games which are half the normal size so I should be able to swallow them down with a bit of ketchup as lubricant.

PaulieM
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:58 PM
speaking of ebay i just bought some tennis dvds on there last week and they haven't gotten here yet and i'm starting to get impatient and annoyed :(

Wigglytuff
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Haha, it was me who bid, now I'm going to retract it and I won't have to eat my games!

Actually, that's a lie. Anyway, I seem to have lost most of my games, and the ones I have are mostly GBA games which are half the normal size so I should be able to swallow them down with a bit of ketchup as lubricant.
liar!!! we want pics!!!