PDA

View Full Version : "MARTHA" Stewarts Daytime Show a Hit..TYRA FLOPS!

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 29th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Martha Stewart came back from her five-month stay in prison with a bang, beating last year's time period numbers by a gaudy 41% with the Monday premiere of the syndicated "Martha."
The other high-profile syndicated talkshow debut, Warner Bros. Domestic TV's "The Tyra Banks Show," averaged a more modest 1.3 rating, which was 24% lower than the lead-in rating and 13% below last year's September timeslot average. These numbers are based on overnight ratings from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research.

A third firstrun-syndication premiere, 20th TV's half-hour court show "Judge Alex," averaged a 1.7 household rating, which was a 13% improvement over the 1.5 rating delivered in the time period in September 2004. But "Judge Alex" was off by 6% from its lead-in average of 1.8.

For "Martha," distributed by NBC Universal Domestic TV, the 2.4 rating it chalked up was 4% higher than the show's average lead-in. NBC U's competitors pointed out, however, that 17 of the 53 markets feeding data on "Martha""Martha" were stuck with the failed "Jane Pauley Show" in the time period a year ago, a program that got off to a flying stop.

NBC U said that "Martha" put together the best opening day for a new show since "Dr. Phil" broke out of the starting gate in September 2002.

vertigo
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Matha sucks. Tyra rocks. FACT.

Kimiko Latte
Sep 29th, 2005, 01:41 PM
They’re always hyping new shows like this and then months later reports come out that the show is struggling. :yawn:

SelesFan70
Sep 29th, 2005, 01:48 PM
I've seen Tyra's show a couple of times and it was "okay". At least there weren't any "Who's The Daddy" or "Is This A Real Woman" shows. :lol:

I love Martha, but haven't seen the show...but I did see a highlight of when she had Diddy on there. :haha: Martha talking street slang ain't good entertainment.

Martian KC
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Martha looking so happy is kinda creepy.:unsure:

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Matha sucks. Tyra rocks. FACT.

TYRA will be CANCELLED by the end of the year..look for her back on UPN hawking up hideous looking twigs full time :lol:
MARTHA is a LEGEND :worship:

PaulieM
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:26 PM
haven't seen either show :shrug:

Dexter
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:27 PM
TYRA will be CANCELLED by the end of the year..look for her back on UPN hawking up hideous looking twigs full time :lol:
MARTHA is a LEGEND :worship:I've heard she's Polish ;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I've heard she's Polish ;)

That would explaine her success ;) :kiss:

Dexter
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:30 PM
That would explaine her success ;) :kiss::rolls:

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 29th, 2005, 04:03 PM
:rolls:

:worship:

Sally Struthers
Sep 29th, 2005, 04:12 PM

Martha is happy and smiley on the outside but I can see her seething on the inside at having to put up a false front to revamp her image :tape:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I adore Martha and shocked I haven't seen the new daytime show yet.

I saw Tyra's show once. It was cute and could definitely find a niche if she hangs in there.

Scotso
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Martha may be a freaky white Republican woman that fancies breaking the law, but I love her anyway.

You go bitch!

Denise4925
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:21 PM
I adore Martha and shocked I haven't seen the new daytime show yet.

I saw Tyra's show once. It was cute and could definitely find a niche if she hangs in there.
I love Martha too. I think prison humbled her, and I think she now knows who her real friends are. I hadn't heard that Martha had a new talk show. I thought the Apprentice was it. But, good on her. Anyway, I love the fact that they thought they had Martha kicked in the butt, but she came out of prison swinging and even more popular. The stock in her company soared when she was in prison :lol: So, unlike some people's opinion, she really doesn't have to revamp her image. Her fans like her just the way she is. :yeah: It's a good thing. :angel:

Josh, did you see the TV movie, Martha Behind Bars? It was pretty good. I'm so glad that that little rat who turned her and her broker in, ended up where he is, i.e. nowhere, and Martha is back on top. He was obsessed with her and hated her, which is why he did what he did.

Denise4925
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Martha may be a freaky white Republican woman that fancies breaking the law, but I love her anyway.

You go bitch!
I don't know that she's republican. If she is, it's only for economic reasons. :lol:

Ferosh
Sep 30th, 2005, 01:22 AM
I personally love Tyra's show.

Brooks.
Sep 30th, 2005, 02:36 PM
I've seen Tyra's show a couple of times and it was "okay". At least there weren't any "Who's The Daddy" or "Is This A Real Woman" shows. :lol:

I love Martha, but haven't seen the show...but I did see a highlight of when she had Diddy on there. :haha: Martha talking street slang ain't good entertainment.

tyra banks makes me appreciate the Oprah show a whole heck of a lot more :tape: ...it just seems like tyra trys too hard...like "ok guys let's be insprirational on today's show ;) "....and tomorrow "let's be shocking"...and then we'll have a bunch of overweight low self-esteem people walk down a chessy runway and pretend like that is gonna fix all of their problems :lol:

Helen Lawson
Sep 30th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Everything Martha touches turns to gold!

kabuki
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Once I saw Tyra and a pal getting an ultrasound breast exam on air, I had already had enough.

Not to mention that the pal had implants and Tyra had to make a big production about her natural breasts. :lol:

kabuki
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Everything Martha touches turns to gold!

For a second there I thought you said "Nature's first green is gold!" :lol:

Aquanetta
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:09 PM
On the other hand...

Top Model is beating Martha's Apprentice handily among the core demographic, women between 18-35.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:22 PM

You go bitch!
Martha's a Democrat and has donated money to many Democratic politicos.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:24 PM
I love Martha too. I think prison humbled her, and I think she now knows who her real friends are. I hadn't heard that Martha had a new talk show. I thought the Apprentice was it. But, good on her. Anyway, I love the fact that they thought they had Martha kicked in the butt, but she came out of prison swinging and even more popular. The stock in her company soared when she was in prison :lol: So, unlike some people's opinion, she really doesn't have to revamp her image. Her fans like her just the way she is. :yeah: It's a good thing. :angel:

Josh, did you see the TV movie, Martha Behind Bars? It was pretty good. I'm so glad that that little rat who turned her and her broker in, ended up where he is, i.e. nowhere, and Martha is back on top. He was obsessed with her and hated her, which is why he did what he did.
NO! I haven't seen that :( I always thought Martha got a bad rep for what happened -- they only convicted her of lying about inside trading, not the real deal - inside trading. So it was a sham anyways.

Helen Lawson
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:30 PM

Hon, Martha is far too old for that phrase to be applied to her! :lol:

marmite1
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:39 PM

Shes rolling it, why wouldnt she?

marmite1
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:40 PM

What exactly does that phrase mean?