PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION ADMINZ:name change button for members..

Maryamator
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:24 PM
instead of members waiting ages just for their usernames to be changed i think in edit profile or somewhere in our user's cp we should be able to change our usernames(screennames) by ourselves it would be easier for the admins and faster for the members..

Portobello
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:28 PM
signed :yeah:

DuLeafs
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Smart idea :)

_LuCaS_
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:29 PM
And a database nightmare

Portobello
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:30 PM
it's win-win situation both admins n the posters :)

So Plz do it :angel:

Maryamator
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:38 PM
it's win-win situation both admins n the posters :)

So Plz do it :angel:
yeah:)

Craigy
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Yes, that is a cool idea.
Admins can you please think about this?

Maryamator
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:39 PM
And a database nightmare
u think my idea is a bad idea:confused:

_LuCaS_
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:51 PM
u think my idea is a bad idea:confused:
I don't think I know a board on the internet that allows that. So it must be a reason behind it.
As a member I like your idea though ;)

carot
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:56 PM
i never understood why people want to change their name seeing they choose it themselves but anyway, even if this _would_ be technically possible (something i don't know) we'd never install it seeing it would mean we'd lose track of who's who. now we have a record of who changed his/her name into what, with your system that would be impossible.

name changes are our lowest priority so don't be afraid if your name isn't changed within the hour - we have other things in life than this board + it also depends on how much people bug us with other stuff and lately that has been a lot... and not the funniest stuff, so yeah :D

oh yeah, something else, nagging or being annoying will only delay the name changes. hey, i'm the mean admin machine for a reason :cool:

Ceze
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:41 AM
i never understood why people want to change their name seeing they choose it themselves but anyway, even if this _would_ be technically possible (something i don't know) we'd never install it seeing it would mean we'd lose track of who's who. now we have a record of who changed his/her name into what, with your system that would be impossible.

name changes are our lowest priority so don't be afraid if your name isn't changed within the hour - we have other things in life than this board + it also depends on how much people bug us with other stuff and lately that has been a lot... and not the funniest stuff, so yeah :D

oh yeah, something else, nagging or being annoying will only delay the name changes. hey, i'm the mean admin machine for a reason :cool:
Some know that now :haha:Next time ask Griffin via pm :lol:

PS: Au fait carot, tu parles encore franšais? On a ressorti ton vieux thread francophones dans les chats threads! ;)

Maryamator
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:26 AM
yeah we pmed griffin;)
btw carrot u can know that by our emails..

carot
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:05 PM
vi vi, je parle tjs franšais ;)

about pm'ing for name changes... i don't mind, but mostly i only change them at the same time as i do the name changes asked in this forum. cos otherwise everyone would start pm'ing me which isn't what i'd like lol ;)

griffin
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Don't pm griffin for name changes. pm griffin to tell her she's fabulous, brilliant, much nicer than carot, and to confirm that the check is in the mail ;)

I only popped in here yesterday because I'd been away and was playing catch-up, it had nothing to do with private messages.

King Aaron
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:29 PM
vi vi, je parle tjs franšais ;)

about pm'ing for name changes... i don't mind, but mostly i only change them at the same time as i do the name changes asked in this forum. cos otherwise everyone would start pm'ing me which isn't what i'd like lol ;)
carot only likes PMs from me. :D