PDA

View Full Version : DeLay indicted on conspiracy in campaign finance probe

tennisbum79
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:56 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-09-28-DeLay-investigation_x.htm

Not a good month for the republicans.

DeLay indicted
Senate Majority leader under fire for improper stock dump
Bush incompetence exposed and in hot water.

catkey94
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:39 PM
It's about time this stuff was exposed!

tennisbum79
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:45 PM
DeLay is painting himself as victim of partisan politics, from the an over zealous democratic prosecutor.

Helen Lawson
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Those fuckers sent my Martha to jail, so they all can rot in jail for the smallest of infractions as far as I'm concerned. Crooked assholes! I hope he does 6 months at Club Fed like Martha did, only unlike Martha, he won't be able to rebound easily.

tennisbum79
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Republicans are losing their enforcer, watch out for a breakdown of discpline in the republican ranks the next few weeks.

Whatever you may think of the guy, he kept the republicans in line through his bullying. Yes, bullying and he does not shy away from it. He does not believe in the wisdom of quiet persuation

catkey94
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:03 PM
What Delay neglects to mention about this "partisian DA" that out of his last 15 indictments, 11 were Democrats.

tennisbum79
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:15 PM
What Delay neglects to mention about this "partisian DA" that out of his last 15 indictments, 11 were Democrats.

I heard that too.
I believe this DA was on 60 minutes and said he would go where the eveidence leads him. Regadless of polictal affiliation. So I am not surpised there more democrats.

Beside DeLay has already been reprimended 3 times by the House Ethics Commitee

catkey94
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I heard that too.
I believe this DA was on 60 minutes and said he would go where the eveidence leads him. Regadless of polictal affiliation. So I am not surpised there more democrats.

Beside DeLay has already been reprimended 3 times by the House Ethics Commitee

Exactly. I hate how they spin the facts to suit them. Republicans need to face the facts that DeLay was caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Helen Lawson
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:26 PM
60 Minutes is a totally biased, crooked, piece of shit show. They did an "expose" once on something I'd been personally involved in and it was like beyond bad, poorly researched, generalizations that were embarassingly ill-informed. Real idiots over there, and they're like the "best" in the business. Basically, I don't trust news and news shows at all.

catkey94
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:33 PM
60 Minutes is a totally biased, crooked, piece of shit show. They did an "expose" once on something I'd been personally involved in and it was like beyond bad, poorly researched, generalizations that were embarassingly ill-informed. Real idiots over there, and they're like the "best" in the business. Basically, I don't trust news and news shows at all.

Freedom of the press has gone down the toilet in America. There is no such thing anymore. The only thing they allow to be reported on the US News now is the drivel that the corporations that own the networks allow to be broadcast. I have found that if you really want the truth in this country, you have to move away from mainstream media to find it.

tennisbum79
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:34 PM

I respect your disagreemnt with 60 minutes, but I do no think that the fact that DA Earle indicted more deomocrats than repuplicans is in dispute. I think it has been confirmed by other sources and it is also a matter of public record.

Mother_Marjorie
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:40 PM
It's about time this stuff was exposed!

It was only a matter of time. Unfortunately, those who are afforded power in the federal government sometimes use that power for their personal gain, instead of wielding that power for the best interest of the people.

Had the Supreme Court allowed Cheney's discussions with Oil Companies during the time the US Energy Policy was being formulated, to become public, he would have been in hot water too.

Both political parties are guilty of it, but the Republicans are generally better at their attempts to hide it. However, in this age of computers, its much more difficult for them to hide or cover transactions.

While I respect George W. Bush as our countries President, I've never felt he was an intelligent sorta guy. He rightfully accepted responsibility for the slow Federal Government response to Katrina, albeit, his primary motivator was providing political cover for the Republicans with an upcoming mid-term election next year. I mean come on, if Bush were constitutionally able to run for a third term, I'm doubtful he would have been so quick to accept responsibility for what happened in the aftermath of Katrina.

Mother_Marjorie
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Those fuckers sent my Martha to jail, so they all can rot in jail for the smallest of infractions as far as I'm concerned. Crooked assholes! I hope he does 6 months at Club Fed like Martha did, only unlike Martha, he won't be able to rebound easily.

Martha was used as a poster-child for "corporate scandals", an easy target because she was a successful business woman. The government used her celebrity well, so the public wouldn't focus as much on Enron and others who raped and pillaged peoples retirements for their own personal gain. Not to mention Enron was one of Bush's biggest political contributors.

Martha may have lied, but she didn't rob and steal from others futures.

tennisbum79
Sep 28th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Blunt picked to replace DeLay as US House leader

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050928/ts_nm/usa_politics_delay_leader_dc_1

First the republicans picked David Dreier of California. However some were not happy with the idea of a moderate republican from california and a House Speaker from Illinois leading the party.
There were some grumbling the rank and file of southern congressmen, so the change was made to satisfy them.

deja_entendu
Sep 28th, 2005, 08:56 PM
:bounce: :armed:

Infiniti2001
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:54 AM
The collapse of the Rethugblican party is underway! DeLay indicted! Oh, pray Carl Rove is next :devil:

tennisbum79
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:28 PM
As a journalist said the other, there seem to be a stench of corruption around the White House and Republican Party

Whites House:

Carl Rove under investigation in CIA agent outing

Mike Brown cronyism

Persistent problem about US soldiers misconduct in Irak and Afghanistan

2 other staff unidentified staff member under investigation

Senate:

Bill Frist, likely investigation for possible inside trading

House:

Tom Delay for money laundering -

Premise: It is against the law in Texas for corporations to give money to political organizations

Note on Delay's Money Itinerary

Texas Corporation give Money to Tom PAC----> Money comes to Washington

Tommy sends money back------> to Texas GOP

Money is used to win several seats in Texas and gain the majority.

Subsequently, GOP redraws Texas congressional map which favors republican to the detriment of democrats. Texas GOP then wins most seats for US congress as expected.

SelesFan70
Sep 29th, 2005, 08:07 PM
:secret:

lakeway11
Sep 29th, 2005, 08:31 PM

not likely, but I do agree that those sending Marta to jail should do some time as well

Black Mamba.
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I really don't care anymore. After Katrina I now believe that our elected officals regardless of their political affliation don't care about any of us. They claim they'll do X, Y, and Z if we vote for them, but all they ever do is boost their own egos and their own power.