PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Waterfall Out of These?

Hayato
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Niagara Falls (Canada/USA)
http://www.canvisit.com/images/Locations/Canada-Ontario-Niagara-NiagaraFalls-1.jpg

Iguazu Falls (Brazil/Argentina/Paraguay)
http://www.wordtravels.com/dbpics/countries/Brazil/Iguazu%20Falls.jpg

Victoria Falls (Zambia/Zimbabwe)
http://ag.arizona.edu/OALS/ALN/aln44/aln44gifs/milich6.jpg

Angel Falls (Venezuela)
http://www.travelmarker.nl/media/foto/postkaarten/venezuela_cainama_angel_falls_ja.jpg

Hayato
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Iguazu for me, not that i'm biased!

ginger_fish668
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Angel Falls.

But the other 2 are breathtaking as well! :)

@m@nd@
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:17 AM
niagra falls
im biased :p

DuLeafs
Sep 28th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Niagara Falls, ofcourse :angel:

LUIS9
Sep 28th, 2005, 08:39 AM
I've only been to Niagara Falls, however, Angel falls and Vicotoria are among the many things in my must visit list.

Hayato
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Largest Waterfall: Victoria Falls (1/2 km wide)
2nd Largest Waterfall: Niagara Falls (51 m high) Twenty percent of the worlds freshwater lies in the Great Lakes, and most flows over Niagara Falls
Widest Waterfall: Iguazu Falls (2.4 km in width- 275 different waterfalls)
Highest Waterfall: Angel Falls (979 m high)

Shenay La Soul
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Victoria Falls. Amazing.

skanky~skanketta
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:32 PM
they're all breathtaking. i cant vote cuz i cant choose!

matthias
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:59 PM
few day ago i saw waterfalls in china (on TV) - and they have been beautyfull
much better then all 4 here listed

SelesFan70
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I like Angel Falls..but now this thread has that TLC song in my head .. :(

:singer: "Don't go chasing waterfalls...stick to the rivers and lakes that you're used to."

skanky~skanketta
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:26 PM
since so few voted for angel falls, i voted for it.

Blonde_Ambition7
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:29 PM
i like angel falls, its look very rustic.

Craigy
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Niagara Falls.
The only one i've been to.

kiwifan
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Niagara Falls, 8th Grade Class Trip.

memories. :yeah:

Helen Lawson
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Neely told me like 10 years ago that she was going to go over Niagra Falls in a barrel as a publicity stunt to jump-start her career. I talked her out of it. She went public with her manic-depression instead. In retrospect, maybe the barrel idea wasn't so bad after all!

Hayato
Sep 28th, 2005, 08:33 PM
few day ago i saw waterfalls in china (on TV) - and they have been beautyfull
much better then all 4 here listed

yes i've heard how beautiful they are there but these are the most spectacular and famous.

R&J
Sep 28th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Voted Iguazu Falls

¤CharlDa¤
Sep 28th, 2005, 10:09 PM
The Montmorency is incredible :D

drake3781
Sep 29th, 2005, 04:55 AM
I recently went to Iguazu Falls and let me tell you, it is incredible!

First of all you have to take a 2-3 hour flight from Sao Paulo there; it is very remote. It is on the Brazil/Arengtina border, and also very close to Paraguay. I had a business trip to Sao Paulo, and since Iguazu Falls had been a stop on the Amazing Race, I decided to go there for a short trip before starting work.

It's very difficult to make plans for a trip there, becasue you really have no idea what to expect until you are already there, but things turned out great for me. I stayed in the national park hotel on the Brazilian side, whch was perfect because I arrived in late afternoon so could just walk down to the falls on the Brazilian side.

First thing to say about Iguazu is that the picture above cannot really do it justice because that is only a very small part of it. The river runs in falls (cataracts as they call it there) for several kilometers there so the falls go on and on and on and on and on. Many places are huge rapid loud wild water falling, and others are smaller.

In the Brazilians side there is a long boardalk, maybe 2km long, running along the river and you can follow it and see cataracts after cataracts. At one point it arrives at the large falls you see in the picture above. Here I got my picture taken by the falls (they have photographers there ready to shoot you!). It's a beautiful walk shaded by trees with lots of wildlife as well.. there were several families of these cute little mammals walking around... I forget what they were called but so cute!!

The second day I bought a package to the Argentinian side, which was great also! It included the transportation over there, a guide, a forest expedition explaining the flora and fauna of the area, and a boat trip down the river and under one of the large cataracts (twice!)!! Soaking wet but so amazing!

Havent seen Victoria or Angel, but Iguazu is sooo much more interesting and beautiful than Niagra. Hope you all can get there some day!!

Forgot to mention the hotel had a nice large pool and of course the caipirinhas!

Hayato
Sep 29th, 2005, 04:59 AM
hehe yeah there are over 275 different waterfalls for 3km in the Iguazu Falls! Glad that you enjoyed it! Did you visit Paraguay?

PaulieM
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:09 AM
i've visited both niagara falls and victoria falls, and both are great, but let me tell you that picture doesn't do justice to the victoria falls. i vote victoria falls, of course no bias over here either ;)

Hayato
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:33 AM
i've visited both niagara falls and victoria falls, and both are great, but let me tell you that picture doesn't do justice to the victoria falls. i vote victoria falls, of course no bias over here either ;)

I could say that none of the pictures do justice for themselves :lol:

Calvin
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:24 AM
I just love everything about the Victoria falls! :worship: The African savannah provides such an ideal setting, the wildlife :hearts:, the sunsets :hearts:, ...

Things everyone should do (best done in this order, following the river along its journey):
A sundowner cruise just to experience how broad and calm the Zambezi is before it plunges down... :cool:
An endless walk in the rainforest where you continuously see this enormous river disappear into the gorge... :eek:
Bungee-jumping off the old railway bridge over the narrow gorge... :tape:
Finishing it off with an adrenaline-pumping rafting trip down the gorge to tame the churning Zambezi (no 1 rafting trip in the world)! :devil::worship:

Now tell me, can you do these things at the other falls as well?

Hayato
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:10 AM
bump :D

PaulieM
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:42 AM
I just love everything about the Victoria falls! :worship: The African savannah provides such an ideal setting, the wildlife :hearts:, the sunsets :hearts:, ...

Things everyone should do (best done in this order, following the river along its journey):
A sundowner cruise just to experience how broad and calm the Zambezi is before it plunges down... :cool:
An endless walk in the rainforest where you continuously see this enormous river disappear into the gorge... :eek:
Bungee-jumping off the old railway bridge over the narrow gorge... :tape:
Finishing it off with an adrenaline-pumping rafting trip down the gorge to tame the churning Zambezi (no 1 rafting trip in the world)! :devil::worship:

Now tell me, can you do these things at the other falls as well?

you went bungee-jumping off the knife-edge bridge? that shit is so scary, i've watched people jump from there and i thought they were nuts!

Barrie_Dude
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Angel Falls. But I am about an hour and a half from Niagra Falls

Hayato
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:21 PM
bump!

~ The Leopard ~
Sep 30th, 2005, 01:04 PM
I'd love to see all of these. So far have only seen the Niagara Falls.