PDA

View Full Version : Commander in Chief - Geena Davis - ABC

geoepee
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:51 AM
Hey guys! I know that a lot of other tv series have threads here... I didn't see one for Commander in Chief, so I decided to create one myself!

The pilot show premiered today with Geena Davis as vice president/president Mackenzie Allen and Donald Sutherland as speaker of the house.

Did anyone see the show today? WHat do you guys think of it? I think it's a really good show, so far.... can't wait til next week!

Meesh
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:07 AM
I didn't watch it.. I see your avatar. Was tonight America's Next Top Model? I hope I didn't miss it.

I never got into West Wing so I doubt I'll get into Commander in Chief... I'm more reality shows and CSI, Without A Trace type shows... (crime solving ones)

Dawn Marie
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:55 AM
I taped it on my DVR and when it came on "LIVE" I was going to flip it real quick but it was so good that I watched the first 15 minutes until I had to go out. I continued to tape it and will watch it later.

I can tell that this is a really good **well written** drama. Geena Davis is great and the cast is great. I was ticked when her staff wanted her to resign when they thought the current prez was going to die. I thought that they would love it for a women to become prez, until reality hit me, with the "reality written dialogue". They were not behind her at all.

I am going to like this show because I want a women prez someday and I can pretend through this drama that we have one for now.:)

Scotso
Sep 28th, 2005, 01:51 PM
I like that Matt from Manhunt is in it :drool:

I thought it was pretty good, I'll continue watching ;)

TennisFan75
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:05 PM
i was very wary..but pleasantly surprised, i enjoyed it!

Sally Struthers
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:45 PM
I hate to say this, but Geena Davis looks much more... how to put this... weathered ... eroded .... experienced? than I remembered :tape:

Helen Lawson
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:52 PM
I hate to say this, but Geena Davis looks much more... how to put this... weathered ... eroded .... experienced? than I remembered :tape:

She hit a wall, hon! Plus, she's like really old now, like late 40s maybe and she just had some kids. Long gone is the young little thing in "Earth Girls are Easy."

Sally Struthers
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:54 PM
"young little thing" is right.

she's ballooned! and I know things about ballooning weight :tape:

alfajeffster
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:59 PM

And why is it that when women reach a certain age, they pile on the big red lips thing like gangbusters? She looked like the avatar for creep, for Christ's sake! I always liked Geena, and in fact "Beetlejuice" is one of my top ten movies of all time- I just watch it every time it's on. Geena looked more like Sylvia Sydney than anything from Thelma and Louise...

marmite1
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I love Geena. Always have and always will.

SelesFan70
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:18 PM
I taped it on my DVR and when it came on "LIVE" I was going to flip it real quick but it was so good that I watched the first 15 minutes until I had to go out. I continued to tape it and will watch it later.

I can tell that this is a really good **well written** drama. Geena Davis is great and the cast is great. I was ticked when her staff wanted her to resign when they thought the current prez was going to die. I thought that they would love it for a women to become prez, until reality hit me, with the "reality written dialogue". They were not behind her at all.

I am going to like this show because I want a women prez someday and I can pretend through this drama that we have one for now.:)

You should run for president, Dawn Marie. :devil:

:unsure:

geoepee
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I can't wait to see what happens next week!

From the pilot episode we find out that the president and her daughter have a very rocky relationship, kinda like real moms and daughters do. I like that dynamic, they portray Davis as a 'real' mom... Next week, the media finds the daughters diary and she has some not so nice things to say about the president...

Donald Sutherland is perfect for his role as speaker! When he says to Geena Davis, "I'm right behind you" after her first speech to Congress, (where the teleprompter 'mysteriously' stopped working), it comes out as both comforting and threatining.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, the pilot comes on again Saturday at 10pm on ABC.

Scotso
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:22 AM
I think it's just meant to be threatening.

I can't believe the jerk cut out the teleprompter. How 3rd grade was that? :rolleyes:

Scotso
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Over 16 million people watched the pilot and it won in it's time slot :D

CC
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Cool. I liked it and will definitely be watching again next week.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Sep 30th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Awesome show and I set it to TIVO. CBS has come a long way since about 10 years ago with its primetime lineup! :)

CondiLicious
Oct 14th, 2005, 03:24 PM
This is my new favourite show. It gets better and better each week. This weeks episode was sooooo compelling. But... as if a president could ever be as likeable as Mac is! :lol:

Geena Davis :worship:

harloo
Oct 14th, 2005, 04:24 PM
I wanted to see this show but I missed it somehow. I will have to schedule it so my tivo can pick it up.

It would be cool if they had a Monica Lewinsky type of situation going on with the male intern giving the female prez head. ROTFLMAO!!

Scotso
Oct 14th, 2005, 04:32 PM
I love this show, it's great.

And Matt (the son) from Manhunt is just :drool:

geoepee
Oct 14th, 2005, 04:37 PM
I wanted to see this show but I missed it somehow. I will have to schedule it so my tivo can pick it up.

It would be cool if they had a Monica Lewinsky type of situation going on with the male intern giving the female prez head. ROTFLMAO!!
It's funny that you say that, I have this weird feeling that somethings gonna happen between the First Husband and the ex-first lady..... She's been living in that place for too long now. They must have her there for some reason ;)

CC
Oct 14th, 2005, 05:59 PM
It's funny that you say that, I have this weird feeling that somethings gonna happen between the First Husband and the ex-first lady..... She's been living in that place for too long now. They must have her there for some reason ;)

I think so too. At first I thought he might have an affair with his assistant, but from the last episode it looks like it's gonna be Mrs. Bridges. :cool:

CondiLicious
Oct 14th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah I was thinking something was gonna happen with the First Gentleman :lol: and Mrs. Bridges. He's annoying me though... I mean... It's so obvious the reasons why he shouldn't have any involvement in Mac's decision making now... yet he still looks pissed off about it. He should just deal. And the oldest daughter needs to take that stick from up her ass... She should just do a Jenna and go get wasted.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 14th, 2005, 08:51 PM
I agree - that middle daughter is a big 'ol drama queen! I just want to roll my eyes at her stuff.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 14th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Better shows to watch :)

Scotso
Oct 15th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Better shows to watch :)

Maybe you should watch them then, instead of spending time here commenting on something you don't like?