PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race Family Edition

Pages : [1] 2

bw2082
Sep 28th, 2005, 12:57 AM
It's about to begin in a few minutes. From first glance it looks to me like the teams with small kids are at a disadvantage to those with 4 adults but I'm sure they'll ballance it out somehow.

Rocketta
Sep 28th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Yeah I can't wait to watch this....but I'll have to wait until I get home. :(

Cam'ron Giles
Sep 28th, 2005, 01:16 AM
OMG...The Water Taxi...Thats what I take to work every morning...I live right across the river and it gets me to work in less than ten minuts...NY Water Taxi rocks...:hearts:

The black family...When he said that I was like...what the fuck...why he had to call them the black family? Then I realized...it's their name :lol:

Cam'ron Giles
Sep 28th, 2005, 01:17 AM
Damn...will that mother stop? "You're doing an awsome job girls..." bitch, you aint even at the airport yet...:rolleyes:

bw2082
Sep 28th, 2005, 01:22 AM
I like the Linz, ROgers, and the family with the cocky little girl so far lol

The Paulo's have no shot. They're at each others' throats already :haha:

the airheads :rolleyes:

~CANUCK~
Sep 28th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Theres 2 many people to keep track of now, im totally confused

Sun*Kissed
Sep 28th, 2005, 01:42 AM
the shroeder dad is annoying

Cam'ron Giles
Sep 28th, 2005, 01:53 AM
Black people dont know how to row no damn boat...:haha:

bw2082
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:04 AM
that mom needs to slap her sons

FLL
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:42 AM
I just love the 4 sisters that came in first!!! So funny!!!

PLEASE let's hope the annoying Paolo family gets eliminated!!

Lee-Waters' Boy
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:56 AM
black family, you're the last to arrive

somehow it just seems a little eerie

Julian
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:06 AM
aww poor black family..

but that dad just didnt push his family hard enough..to casual for me

i like the family with the fiery kids..especially the little girl!

4 sisters are too loud but they r energetic..widow family..blehh..umm what else

dad and daughters! :hearts:

i like the siblings with the 3 brothers and sister..they r from my hometown..but i hope they start using more of their brains then brawns

drake3781
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:45 AM
aww poor black family..

but that dad just didnt push his family hard enough..to casual for me

i like the family with the fiery kids..especially the little girl!

4 sisters are too loud but they r energetic..widow family..blehh..umm what else

dad and daughters! :hearts:

i like the siblings with the 3 brothers and sister..they r from my hometown..but i hope they start using more of their brains then brawns

The kids were just too young and small. Against teams of four adults!! Or older kids. They had no chance; the parents had to do everything. Too bad.

The Linz family is from my city (don't konw them). I think I like the marathon running family next best though.

Meesh
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:01 AM
I didn't catch the Black Family thing until he said "Black Family you have been eliminated" :lol::lol: and I thought damn Phil.. that's kind of rude!

Anyways I liked the family with the last name BLACK ;) and was hoping that the Paola family would get eliminated. I had to laugh when they were introduced and said they came from Italy and Dad works in "Sanitation" in NY.. I was thinking the MAFIA? :tape: I know so stereotypical.. watched to many mafia movies.

I like the family from Ormond Beach. that is about an hour from me. I remember when their father was killed. That was big news here. He was run over by a driver on the speedway during a race or time trial. Very sad.
They did a story on them after the show on the 11:00 news about how the tragedy has been.

I don't like these screamer families??? not the yelling families but the high pitch hurt your ears type screaching.... geez....

Dawn Marie
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:36 AM
I love this show and I love the family edition!:)

Okay, first I want to say that the Black family were out of the race before the first 20 minutes were aired. I knew it was going to be them or the Italians who treat their mom(who is forgetful) like crap. I mean they were all so non-competitive. I was like MOVE, RUN, ROW! lol

I think one of my favorite Amazing Race moments was when the mother of the two children was gaining on the brawny men group, and her son began to sing.. " she'll be comin round the mountiain when she comes". Right as she passed the men group.. that was priceless.:)

I love this family because they are conditioned and use great positive re-enforcement. The kids don't seem cocky to me, but extremely confident and wordly. GO FAMILY!

I also love the family from Cincy, Ohio. As an Ohian I want them to represent. I am glad my Bengals were and are being represented. WHO DEY! lol I think they can make up some ground. I love the family who's dad died. They seem like they going to balance out well. I almost cried when I saw the look on those girls faces when their mom got run over by the cart. Sad. But they made it.. after they gave the cart thing up and build wheel/house.

I think the Louisiana teams will surprise many. Especially the team with the real dark haired girl. She seems motivated. When they go out of the country I think they will pact together as one entire team and work together to get farther.

I don't care for the blonde ladies.. they seem bubbly but was surprised that they were in first place.

I think having kids will be an advantage and an disadvantage. I think they will be more at a disadvantage becasue of the stunts that have to be finished. Children will become scared, but I think the real tirck is going to be when they have to do a task, the parents will have to split up because they can't leave the children alone with each other. Yet kids are small and will also get into tighter spaces and things like that. They will get more sympathy.:)

This is a great show and I actually don't dislike any of the teams.

Rocketta
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:05 AM
awww, I felt for the little black children. Wait that doesn't sound right. I mean the little Black family children. :lol: They were so sad and I wanted to cry with them but yeah their parents were just too laid back...I can see the dad driving the speed limit. :tape: They are probably terrific parents but for this race it doesn't translate.

I like the four sisters....since I'm one of four sisters.

The family that treat their mom like dirt, oy vey! I was so ready for them to falter or for the mom to just go nuclear and slap the shit out of her kids.

Rocketta
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:06 AM
Black people dont know how to row no damn boat...:haha:

haha, I saw the boats and I said to myself aw hell...:lol:

Dawn Marie
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Rocketta that is exactly what I said after the show aired. I stated that I can see the black family(dad) doing the speed limit. I agree with your assesment. I think they are a good family, probably more book smart imho then maybe the outdoor type. I think they are very nurturing and loving. I knew they weren't going to go far but I didn't want them to get in last place either. Imho I don't think they even wanted to leave the States imho.

I could see them kicking butt on "Family Feud". :)

Rocketta
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Rocketta that is exactly what I said after the show aired. I stated that I can see the black family(dad) doing the speed limit. I agree with your assesment. I think they are a good family, probably more book smart imho then maybe the outdoor type. I think they are very nurturing and loving. I knew they weren't going to go far but I didn't want them to get in last place either. Imho I don't think they even wanted to leave the States imho.

I could see them kicking butt on "Family Feud". :)

I know the first time the mom had to look on a map she was like, "well I hope we find it." :tape:

alwayshingis
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:55 AM
When they first introduced them and were like "Here is the Black family..." I almost spit out my drink! Then I was like 'ohh, their last name is black'. They might as well have been 'Here is the token black family so we don't look racist'.

I'm actually not huge on any of the teams right now, but i hope a few will grow on me. Can't stand the family with the small blonde daughter. She's so annoying. She's so Junior Miss America like 'I can SING and DANCE...I will blow these others girls away!'

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:59 AM
the Amazing Race is cooel...

the bambi
Sep 28th, 2005, 11:02 AM
interesting.

i guess i'm the only die-hard tar fan here cause no one mentioned how different this season will be. :angel: i'll still watch but it totally sucks that the race is only 11,000 miles and it looks like they won't even be leaving the united states which blows. cbs didn't even have the fucking nerve to promote that fact. :fiery: and in the show intro they took out the part about it being a "race around the world". :mad: these people obviously have never watched tar before everyone knows the first thing you do is get a map. :rolleyes:

the black family was way too passive and neither mom or dad seem to have any leadership skills.

not sure if i have favorite team but the brother farting on his sister in the buggy is classic. :cool:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I love that cute little girl...she's such an angel! :angel: Hope that family wins.

The Paolo family and the Pinkies really annoy me... hope they are eliminated soon... :mad:

(P.S: Is this Amazing Race only based in US???????)

Rocketta
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah even I think it was a little disappointing that the people weren't going to get to leave the country...or maybe they will.... maybe they will make them drive/fly to Canada/mexico. :tape:

Dawn Marie
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:19 PM
They aren't leaving the U.S.? Well that sucks! Now I have to go watch a bunch of American History bullcrap on T.V.

The reason I love this show is to see the other culture.....nOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo I was waiting for them to go to India too.:)

Cam'ron Giles
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Dont think the contestant know then that they wont leave the country...That one mother was like..."we travel out of the country...so that's an advantage..." She can put that where? BACK THERE...:hahah:

Meesh
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:35 PM
:eek: Didn't know they were going to stay in the US... what a bummer. I was hoping to add a few new places to my "dream vacation list"!

Denise4925
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:56 PM
The show was okay, but I doubt they'll get an Emmy for this season, staying in the US. :p Also, I see EVERYONE had the same experience with the Black family :lol: Anyway, I like the Widow and three kids. They looked terrified that their mom was going to get run over and she did. It was sad, but kind of funny in a sick way, the way the buggy ran over her. :p

~CANUCK~
Sep 28th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Yeah even I think it was a little disappointing that the people weren't going to get to leave the country...or maybe they will.... maybe they will make them drive/fly to Canada/mexico. :tape:

hey whats wrong with canada, and yes they do come here, they go to toronto and montreal as far as ive heard.

Rocketta
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:08 PM
hey whats wrong with canada, and yes they do come here, they go to toronto and montreal as far as ive heard.

I didn't say anything was wrong with Canada or Mexico....it's just not a stretch for an American to go to either one of those places...

~CANUCK~
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:12 PM
I didn't say anything was wrong with Canada or Mexico....it's just not a stretch for an American to go to either one of those places...

it was just the smilie you used thats all.
I think with having the little kids on the show this year, it would have been to hard to go to random countries. Would you really want to have a ten year old with you if you are sleeping in the streets of china or any other coutry for that matter.

Rocketta
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:16 PM
it was just the smilie you used thats all.
I think with having the little kids on the show this year, it would have been to hard to go to random countries. Would you really want to have a ten year old with you if you are sleeping in the streets of china or any other coutry for that matter.

of course you wouldn't want kids to sleep on the street but would it really have been that hard for the show to change that aspect? I mean they could've picked more affluent areas around the world....but I guess they are going with the extended road trip/"Are We There Yet" angle...:shrug:

~CANUCK~
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:26 PM
of course you wouldn't want kids to sleep on the street but would it really have been that hard for the show to change that aspect? I mean they could've picked more affluent areas around the world....but I guess they are going with the extended road trip/"Are We There Yet" angle...:shrug:

im sure they had there reasons for not going else where. Its going to make the show less exciting in my opinion, because when they go to different countries they usually did a task that was native to that country. Anyways i hope the show will still be exciting coz it is one of the best shows on tv

~CANUCK~
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Also one of the othe reasons that they are most likely not going to other coutries is because of the taxi issue. One team would need 2 taxis, 4 players and 1 camera man. By having them drive in suv's all the time it solves this problem

Rocketta
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:33 PM
im sure they had there reasons for not going else where. Its going to make the show less exciting in my opinion, because when they go to different countries they usually did a task that was native to that country. Anyways i hope the show will still be exciting coz it is one of the best shows on tv

well we'll see but I hope it's more buggy pushing and less boat rowing/flag watching.

Denise4925
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:35 PM
I thought maybe it had to do with so many people involved this time. Instead of two people on a team, we know have 4. I don't know if it's the same amount of people involved on the show as far as amount of contestants, but it would seem a logistics nightmare. I'm sure the expense, however, is not even a factor, or maybe it is.

~CANUCK~
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I thought maybe it had to do with so many people involved this time. Instead of two people on a team, we know have 4. I don't know if it's the same amount of people involved on the show as far as amount of contestants, but it would seem a logistics nightmare. I'm sure the expense, however, is not even a factor, or maybe it is.

price could very well be an issue, plane tickets would have doubled. Im sure its not cheap to send 40 people around the world.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:49 PM
I was surprised that they only got $150, i thought i was the only one

Rocketta
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I was surprised that they only got $150, i thought i was the only one

I wonder if they have to pay their own gas? No way can you beg enough money to put gas in a Yukon. :lol:

patricktav2003
Sep 28th, 2005, 10:51 PM
The Linz family is really funny! I really didn t want them to finish last but 9 is ok because they will move up!!

I was so scare for theWeaver mom! who was down !! after telling all the sory about the father!!

¤CharlDa¤
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Well I cried once again watching that show :sad: ;)

When the father said: I've never been prouder of my family, I couldn't help myself lol. I so wanted them to proove that the cocky siblings could be beaten by a team with children. Oh well...

Ted of Teds Tennis
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Rocketta asked:
I wonder if they have to pay their own gas? No way can you beg enough money to put gas in a Yukon.

I'm pretty certain I heard Phil say that teams don't have to pay for airline tickets or gas.

Rocketta
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Rocketta asked:

I'm pretty certain I heard Phil say that teams don't have to pay for airline tickets or gas.

That sounds about right. :yeah:

Harju.
Sep 29th, 2005, 04:51 AM
I love the Weavers. They're my sentimental favourite team at this point. And also the siblings are funny too.

Greenout
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Being a heavy TAR fan, I'm of two minds to the Family edition. I don't like the fact that they're only doing America. It would be so much more fun to see the families go abroad. The whole tone of this show is more like the film "National Lampoon's Family Vacation" and even Chevy Chase went to Europe! :p It might really get lame later on; I hope not though.

There were some funny moments, but I loved the travel and cultural shock moments of regular TAR. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm also really embarrassed about the pro-pro AMERICA, I LOVE AMERICA, LOOK AT OUR FLAG, angle of this show now. I'm looking forward to the reviews from around here in Southeast Asia- I wonder if this might alienate or piss some viewers off?

I really like the Rogers, and Weavers because people will so under estimate them. Dislike the beefy/Frat bros + sis team already. Hate the 4 sisters the most, though.Shame about the Black family- they seemed to nice. Dad was way too laid back, but I loved the care and respect they shown to each other.

The smart ass "we're a marathon running family" are good. I bet they won't win. :p

Vut
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:37 AM
:hearts: The Weavers

bee
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I didn't catch the whole thing... did Phil already said it is only going to be an USA race?? Because if that is the case.. then that won't be as exciting to watch than the usual Amazing race... :(
I guessed racing in teams of 4 - around the world would be expensive... :)

Oh well..
Loved the team with the cute little girl in it...

I liked most of the teams right now..
all of them looked normal... not the usual model/wannabe actors type of participants in the previous AR... :)

Sally Struthers
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I'm sure there's a higher insurance risk taking kids over seas to undeveloped country like they have done in the past seasons. The legal department is probably to blame.

Curtis F
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:29 PM
The marathoners’ kids totally know how to play to the camera. :hehehe:

We all know why the Italian family was chosen. :tape:

I laughed at the family who lost their dad in the race track accident calling one of the all female teams “the Desperate Housewives”. ;)

moon
Sep 30th, 2005, 02:05 AM
I'm not sure if I like the whole "family dynamic" thing, vs. just two partners working together. Plus the thought that they might not be leaving the country kinda sucks. That's one of the reasons I like the show, is to see the teams traveling around the world. :(
I was rooting for the Blacks, but in the end they deserved to get the boot. They were not competitive at all.
Hopefully the Shrieking Sisters, or that loud Italian family will be next!

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Sep 30th, 2005, 02:33 PM
The little "Black" kid pissed me off when he went to get water. "I need some help over here!"

Get your ASS up and move boy is what I would have told him. He has been pampered and spoiled by him mom and dad. No competitiveness in that family whatsoever except for the older child -- he had some spunk, and you could see it in his tears when they lost. I felt sorry for him but not the other 3 slackers.

Having said that, the other family with the kids are awesome. I love the energy and spirit they put out. That is incredible to see! Such drive and passion from those kids. Gotta love it :D

moon
Oct 5th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Definitely not liking the family version so much. There doesn't seem to be much excitement, especially as they haven't left the country ( or if they ever do). I have a feeling this is not going to be one of their stellar seasons.
I'll be watching on tape from now on.

bee
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Are they not going to board a plane... ever... ??? :) :)
Even if they are going to race around america... can't they board a plane instead of driving there... :) :)
Lot of American Flags... I guessed they are into the Patriotic theme.... civil war, flags..etc...

I don't know how the family with the little kids manage the "carrying of the wounded soldier" roadblock... while the dad (with his 3 daughters) almost gave up due to exhaustion..

The race is not as exciting...
Hoping things would change towards the end of the race... :)

Martian KC
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I am not fond of this family edition at all. Not only are children annoying, but the destinations. How boring can they get?

Dawn Marie
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:16 PM
It's not so much the family but the places that are being shown.

Show me some American culture. Like can they go to a Native American reservation? Or why didn't they stay longer in NEW YORK? I would love to see these families exploring Chinatown, Little Italy and a host of other little branches that reside in the Big Apple. Hawaii? I sure hope they travel there because I know there are wonderful customs to see there. I hope they go to Florida and explore Miami and the art deco district. I wonder if they will travel through the underground railroad? The Vietnam Memorial? Come on AR show me some American culture.

Do the republicans own CBS?

Greenout
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Boy, was this episode boring. The Weavers got to the mat- that was all I needed to care about. I really am not liking this Family Edition.

The least they could've done is make it less bland by having a wider range of ethnic American families. Ok- the Black family. So, what? That wasn't good enough, where are the hispanic, the Asians, the Eastern Europeans, Native Americans etc...

The Italian American family is making this seem like a really bad episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond".

I can't believe that TAR has bored me in episode two? It's almost unwatchable now; everything is so anti-climatic.

The "marathon family" with the kids, whom I thought were cute; but now seem like a bunch of smug brats. The constant mugging to the camera is getting irksome. By the way- I never did like "Malcolm in the Middle" so sue me. :p

Dawn Marie
Oct 5th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Boy, was this episode boring. The Weavers got to the mat- that was all I needed to care about. I really am not liking this Family Edition.

The least they could've done is make it less bland by having a wider range of ethnic American families. Ok- the Black family. So, what? That wasn't good enough, where are the hispanic, the Asians, the Eastern Europeans, Native Americans etc...

The Italian American family is making this seem like a really bad episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond".

I can't believe that TAR has bored me in episode two? It's almost unwatchable now; everything is so anti-climatic.

The "marathon family" with the kids, whom I thought were cute; but now seem like a bunch of smug brats. The constant mugging to the camera is getting irksome. By the way- I never did like "Malcolm in the Middle" so sue me. :p

I agree:)

I want more ethnic diversity to be represented but CBS thought it was a bad idea I guess. Oh heck, CBS feels that if they don't show a bunch of white people that nobody will tune in. It's all about money and power and ignorant of other cultures. Most people who make up the rules are the ones who have power, money and are ignorant.

Yeah this episode sucked ass. I watched it while at the Gym working out. Thank god I let off the good steam.:)

Vut
Oct 5th, 2005, 03:38 PM
please go to other countries!!!!!!... it's boring now!

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 5th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Let CBS know that this season is boring as hell. America is a big melting pot...where is the diversity? :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Oct 5th, 2005, 06:43 PM
It's not so much the family but the places that are being shown.

Show me some American culture. Like can they go to a Native American reservation? Or why didn't they stay longer in NEW YORK? I would love to see these families exploring Chinatown, Little Italy and a host of other little branches that reside in the Big Apple. Hawaii? I sure hope they travel there because I know there are wonderful customs to see there. I hope they go to Florida and explore Miami and the art deco district. I wonder if they will travel through the underground railroad? The Vietnam Memorial? Come on AR show me some American culture.

Do the republicans own CBS?
I agree with you Dawn, Greenout and Cameron, where is the diversity? If no Native Americans applied for this edition, go to an Indian reservation. Also, if you're going to show a reenactment of the Civil War, go to some slave quarters or show where the Underground Railroad was or show where the Quakers used to live or are the Amish considered Quaker? Where are the Hispanic, Asian or Indian (East) families? Also, the tasks are boring as hell.

What was funny though was that the father of the Italian family was heading the pack after carrying those soldiers and telling his kids, "come on, I'm 52 and if I can run you can too". Plus, he was carrying most of the load. His two weakling sons each had a handle and he was carrying his wife's and his load. I like the dad in that family. Not too crazy about the sons.

The other family with the controlling dad got on my last nerve. Mostly the dad though. I felt bad for the son because he could never do anything right and his father screwed up everything.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 5th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Where's the bitching and fighting and the foreign languages I MISS THEM!

Greenout
Oct 6th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Hell! They better not go patronizing, and hitting Little Cuba in Miami or Chinatown in San Francisco to show ethnic/token/foreign culture in the USA for some roadblocks. Oh my, foreigners eating unusual foods. :tape:

*I want my old TAR back! And could I please have that imposter playing as Justine Henin-Hardenne back to that pod or wherever the f**k it came from outta here. I want my old Belgian Bitch back too!!! :p

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 6th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Guys, almost every reality tv thread is filled with complaints and bitches. Does anything ever satisfy you all?

I'm enjoying this - it's neat to get to see different parts of America, even though I've been to Lancaster, PA and Washington, DC - it's still neat to see TAR do a take on our culture.

Hated to see hot southern boy go, but his family got on my nerves. He didn't deserve to be kicked off.

Glad to see my family with the young'ns still in it. They are my favorite team. As a student teacher, I love to see driven children and those kids are feisty! LOVE IT! :D

The other teams are kind of unimpressive except for the Italian family. What a hoot!

Rocketta
Oct 6th, 2005, 05:26 AM
I don't know joshua, I thought it kind of boring too. What I find funny is how tired some of them are and they are getting sleep and are driving not running around a city or riding on a train where there's barely room to breath. :lol:

the bambi
Oct 6th, 2005, 02:43 PM
the family edition SUCKS.

did you guys notice that the rest period is no longer 12 hours after arrival? they all got to the blue silos during the day but didn't leave there in the middle of the night. phil did NOT say the usual “team blah blah who arrived at 7:57 pm is the first to leave at 7:57am. it looks like they’re getting a longer break. :rolleyes:

and i totally agree with many of you. if they wanna make this an american travelogue they could’ve at least had the teams reflect that but then again cbs thinks no one will watch if there are a bunch of minorities on it. :mad:

patricktav2003
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Me too im not so please with this family edition! but they are going to move from new-england so will see!

i think that the destinations arent so exciting
and the tacks too are not really exciting!
i dont bleam the teams in that !

Denise4925
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Hated to see hot southern boy go, but his family got on my nerves. He didn't deserve to be kicked off.

Was that the family last to go? The one with the controlling father that got on my nerves?

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I don't know joshua, I thought it kind of boring too. What I find funny is how tired some of them are and they are getting sleep and are driving not running around a city or riding on a train where there's barely room to breath. :lol:
I wonder if TAR producers didn't focus as much on physical fitness as they knew the travel would be less extensive.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:38 PM
the family edition SUCKS.

did you guys notice that the rest period is no longer 12 hours after arrival? they all got to the blue silos during the day but didn't leave there in the middle of the night. phil did NOT say the usual “team blah blah who arrived at 7:57 pm is the first to leave at 7:57am. it looks like they’re getting a longer break. :rolleyes:

and i totally agree with many of you. if they wanna make this an american travelogue they could’ve at least had the teams reflect that but then again cbs thinks no one will watch if there are a bunch of minorities on it. :mad:
Are you going to continue watching it?

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Was that the family last to go? The one with the controlling father that got on my nerves?
Yes, the sterotypical southern religious white man who is "Master of his Domain" and controller of his family. He ended up screwing the team as he took them way out in PA instead of down to Baltimore. They dropped from like 3rd to 9th in a heartbeat.

Denise4925
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Yes, the sterotypical southern religious white man who is "Master of his Domain" and controller of his family. He ended up screwing the team as he took them way out in PA instead of down to Baltimore. They dropped from like 3rd to 9th in a heartbeat.
Yeah, I couldn't stand him. I felt so sorry for his son and daughter.

moon
Oct 6th, 2005, 11:43 PM
If they were going to keep them in this country, the LEAST they could have done was pick a more diversified group of people. These people all seem pretty generic to me.
Half the fun of watching the last few seasons, was the oddball people and seeing how they meshed with other societies around the world. What fun is that, if all the teams are pretty much the same, and they're not leaving the country?

I might be checking out Hail to the Chief, next week.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 8th, 2005, 03:47 AM
I TIVO both and watch Geena Davis live and TAR the next day ;)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 8th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Oh - and FYI, Commander is Chief is awesome. It's very unreal but it truly shows how politics and backstabbing run DC. Geena is just awesome.

Denise4925
Oct 8th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Oh - and FYI, Commander is Chief is awesome. It's very unreal but it truly shows how politics and backstabbing run DC. Geena is just awesome.
Isn't she? I love that show. :hearts:

Meesh
Oct 13th, 2005, 02:19 AM
I was really hoping the Piallo family would be gone. I'm really over listening to those boys yell at their mom! I want to slap them!

I'm still not feeling the Family Edition. I hope this is the last one. I love the couples and I love the destinations from all over the world.

Rocketta
Oct 13th, 2005, 03:50 AM
I was really hoping the Piallo family would be gone. I'm really over listening to those boys yell at their mom! I want to slap them!

I'm still not feeling the Family Edition. I hope this is the last one. I love the couples and I love the destinations from all over the world.

Yeah it's really not that good...I think it's the sorry behind tasks they have them doing.....the mud was good but the shrimp?

and my god that Weaver mom looks rough without any make-up! :tape:

This epi was better because at least they did show them bitchy about the other teams...and I have to say it was hilarious when everyone got up in arms over the Weaver family talking to the ticket agents... :rolls:

PointBlank
Oct 13th, 2005, 04:20 AM
I love the Weavers and Schroeders. Mostly because those boys. :hearts:.

I had the Gaghan or whatever. They seem stuck up. And the Paolos are driving me insane. Always fighting.

Greenout
Oct 13th, 2005, 05:26 AM
It was ok. Maybe this is the key? TAR Family edition should only go to towns that WTA tournaments are played at for us to sustain our interest. :p

Charleston, South Carolina (FAMILY CIRCLE CUP!) :p

I'm only watching for the Weavers. So, who's idea was this to use something to do with a "race track" in next week's show? I hope this wasn't planned to exploit the Weavers. Would CBS be this low?

Rocketta
Oct 13th, 2005, 05:30 AM
oh yeah I forgot about the FCC being there....I was smiling when they went to the gazebo....I went there with BK4EVER and a couple of other friends....and when we were walking by this couple was having a romantic dinner in the gazebo...man, it would've been awesome if they were holding the race at the time I was there. :D

oh and Charleston airport is tiny tiny...:tape:

Denise4925
Oct 13th, 2005, 03:36 PM
What is it with the Weaver mom not knowing anything about airports? :unsure:

PointBlank
Oct 15th, 2005, 03:34 AM
The producers did hit a low doing the race track thing. I mean, they obviously knew about the dad when they cast the family, so. I would have called it quits there. I hope if they do go, it just motivates them even more.

PointBlank
Oct 19th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Cant wait for tonight. 30 minutes away. :).

Meesh
Oct 19th, 2005, 12:26 AM
The producers did hit a low doing the race track thing. I mean, they obviously knew about the dad when they cast the family, so. I would have called it quits there. I hope if they do go, it just motivates them even more.

I found that a bit odd to. I hope it's just coincidence but I doubt it. It's all about the ratings..

Dawn Marie
Oct 19th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Ok going to New Orleans was sad. Seeing the French Quarter was touching and the Louisana team had no idea where the park was in Louisana. A sad episode to watch.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Oct 19th, 2005, 02:09 AM
I'm a big fan of the Weaver family. This is not the best season, but at least there are a couple teams I like and can at least cheer for (sadly the other one was the schroeders :sad:) and i kind alike that annoying italian family

PointBlank
Oct 19th, 2005, 02:14 AM
UGHH!! I hate the Paolos. I really hope they are gone next episode, or soon.

I liked the Schroeders. Sad that they lost. Once again, the dads fault. Whats with Louisiana and dads?

I hope the Weavers come back from 5th.

gorecki
Oct 19th, 2005, 03:02 AM
the Linz's and the Bransen's mooning and flashing at each other in their cars :o :lol:

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 19th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Well I cried again this week! I was so happy for the couple with the young children, but so sad for the family leaving :sad:

Julian
Oct 19th, 2005, 03:41 AM
i believe the team with the little kids will be gone next week..theyve been struggling the past 2 weeks

i was so sad for the lousiana team..but it was fitting for them to get last in New Orleans..although it would have been great to see them go all the way..i enjoyed looking at the city again :)

but if theres a lesson learned here its this: make sure you know where everything is in your city..it may just come in handy...as well as for dads to listen to their daughters..no matter how whiny they can be! ;)

the race track thing was bad taste imo :(..but im glad the weaver family got over their fear

the cincy team and the 3 girls and dad..funny stuff! wonder what the dad reaction was

Rocketta
Oct 19th, 2005, 03:47 AM
the lousiana team deserved to lose because they are a team and they didn't work together. The girl was right they shouldn't have just accepted 8am...have they not watched an old episode of TAR? :confused:

Meesh
Oct 19th, 2005, 04:05 AM
:lol: @ Linz/Bransen moon's!

I like the Bransen Family and the Family with the two little kids but I just don't think the kids can take much more.

Paluo family... ughh, will they ever lose?
The sisters... Emotional wrecks! All of them... they must go along w/ Paulo family
:lol::lol: Thanks for making me cry..waaa waaa waaa

bee
Oct 19th, 2005, 01:32 PM
The sisters team - one of them is a bit wierd.. :) ;)
The louisiana team - lost because they chose to do the card task... I think they could have overtaken the team with the kids in the sawing challenge.
The team with the young kids are struggling ... in the task that requires physical strength.. they are always at a disavantage. The parents always have to double their effort.
The Paulo team... they are okay... just a bit overly dramatic...

Its been a not so Amazing Race so far... :( :(
Wish - they would switch back to their normal format next season.. :)

Harju.
Oct 19th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Go Weavers, Bransen and Linz. :p

LostInThe80s
Oct 19th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Sorry but this family edition, can I just say... :yawn:

I ended up watching Denise Richards's icky soap. :o

Greenout
Oct 19th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Only worth watching it for the Weavers. I feel nothing for the other families, except glad I'm not their neighbor.

gorecki
Oct 19th, 2005, 02:05 PM
papa paulo sure likes hugging Phil! :hug::hearts::lol:

drake3781
Nov 1st, 2005, 10:56 PM
Amazing Race goes to Costa Rica tonight!! If you have never had the pleasure of visiting Costa Rica, you have got to watch tonight. It is the most beautiful country and my favorite place I have ever visited.

Looking for a wonderful place to travel....? Let me know and I can help you with planning a vacation to Costa Rica. I want to go back so bad.......!!

Dana Marcy
Nov 1st, 2005, 10:59 PM
LOL@the lack of interest in this season. I'm with y'all! Just isn't the same and the families are just okay. Nothing too exciting. :yawn:

Rocketta
Nov 1st, 2005, 11:05 PM
I meant to post this awhile ago but it's everything we've already been saying about this season....

'Amazing Race' is not family friendly

New format fails to ignite interest

Section: Life, Pg. 01d

Never have I been happier to see a set of families leave the country.

After a four-week road trip that took us on a long, dull drive from New York to New Orleans, CBS' ill-fated family edition of The Amazing Race is finally racing overseas. Tonight (9 ET/PT) at long last, the six remaining teams leave their product-placement cars behind and board a plane for Panama.

There's no doubt it's about time -- the only question is whether it's in time.

After all, by this point in last fall's Race, we'd already visited Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Senegal. No matter how fond you are of oddball Americana, a televised visit to a giant Pennsylvania shoe and a super-sized Alabama office chair doesn't quite cut it, particularly on a show that has always functioned as a travelogue.

Indeed, for many viewers, the idea of being trapped in the back seat for a forced cross-country family drive comes closer to a nightmare relived than a dream come true.

The show does get partial credit for its visit to Talladega Speedway because of the emotional resonance the trip had for the Weaver children, whose father had been killed at a racetrack. Unfortunately, that was canceled out by the pre-Katrina trip to New Orleans, which, through no fault of the show, came across as creepy.

Of course, things could pick up now that we're on the international move. And even at its worst, Race is still better than the cheap/scuzzy reality norm. Still, it's clear that this "special" edition of the Race -- which substituted four-member, all-family teams for the usual sets of couples -- has been a monumental bust. Seldom has a show as good as Race hobbled itself with a worse idea.

If the only thing duller than the race has been the racers, the blame may go to the sheer increase in the number of contestants (up to 40 from the usual 22). With less time available for each person, the only personalities able to emerge are the loudest and most annoying, three of whom are named Paolo. We were prepared to be horrified by parents screaming at their children, and instead we've faced a more modern terror: teenage children screaming at their parents.

By restricting itself to a very traditional definition of "family," the show has limited its range and removed a major race pleasure. One of the joys of watching badly behaved teammates who are related by choice rather than blood is the ability to root for one or both to come to their senses. You can't do that with parents and kids.

The best you can do is to root for them to stay overseas. With these families, only absence and distance can make the heart grow fonder.

(c) USA TODAY, 2005

moon
Nov 1st, 2005, 11:22 PM
I meant to post this awhile ago but it's everything we've already been saying about this season....

'Amazing Race' is not family friendly

New format fails to ignite interest

Section: Life, Pg. 01d

Never have I been happier to see a set of families leave the country.

After a four-week road trip that took us on a long, dull drive from New York to New Orleans, CBS' ill-fated family edition of The Amazing Race is finally racing overseas. Tonight (9 ET/PT) at long last, the six remaining teams leave their product-placement cars behind and board a plane for Panama.

There's no doubt it's about time -- the only question is whether it's in time.

After all, by this point in last fall's Race, we'd already visited Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Senegal. No matter how fond you are of oddball Americana, a televised visit to a giant Pennsylvania shoe and a super-sized Alabama office chair doesn't quite cut it, particularly on a show that has always functioned as a travelogue.

Indeed, for many viewers, the idea of being trapped in the back seat for a forced cross-country family drive comes closer to a nightmare relived than a dream come true.

The show does get partial credit for its visit to Talladega Speedway because of the emotional resonance the trip had for the Weaver children, whose father had been killed at a racetrack. Unfortunately, that was canceled out by the pre-Katrina trip to New Orleans, which, through no fault of the show, came across as creepy.

Of course, things could pick up now that we're on the international move. And even at its worst, Race is still better than the cheap/scuzzy reality norm. Still, it's clear that this "special" edition of the Race -- which substituted four-member, all-family teams for the usual sets of couples -- has been a monumental bust. Seldom has a show as good as Race hobbled itself with a worse idea.

If the only thing duller than the race has been the racers, the blame may go to the sheer increase in the number of contestants (up to 40 from the usual 22). With less time available for each person, the only personalities able to emerge are the loudest and most annoying, three of whom are named Paolo. We were prepared to be horrified by parents screaming at their children, and instead we've faced a more modern terror: teenage children screaming at their parents.

By restricting itself to a very traditional definition of "family," the show has limited its range and removed a major race pleasure. One of the joys of watching badly behaved teammates who are related by choice rather than blood is the ability to root for one or both to come to their senses. You can't do that with parents and kids.

The best you can do is to root for them to stay overseas. With these families, only absence and distance can make the heart grow fonder.

(c) USA TODAY, 2005

that's it for me. No one stands out, and the ones who do are completely ignorant! Who wants to see that on tv? If I want to see ignorant asses, I can walk out my front door!

Meesh
Nov 2nd, 2005, 12:52 AM
It's gotten better but once the PAOLO family leaves then I'll be happy! I'm over those teenage boys!

drake3781
Nov 2nd, 2005, 01:01 AM
What about the Geogan family... not sure how to spell the name, but the ones with the great parents and the two awesome kids... really good attitudes all around. (The marathon runner family.) The parents are always encouraging the kids.

The Linzs seem OK... they are from my city.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 2nd, 2005, 02:26 AM
thank god the weavers survived again

Crazy Canuck
Nov 2nd, 2005, 03:27 AM
It's gotten better but once the PAOLO family leaves then I'll be happy! I'm over those teenage boys!
Would you believe that the older brother is actually 24?

I don't actually mind that family.

I really liked the family that went tonight, they seemed like really beautiful people. I'm sure they will take a lot away from the experience at least.

drake3781
Nov 2nd, 2005, 03:52 AM
I really liked the family that went tonight, they seemed like really beautiful people. I'm sure they will take a lot away from the experience at least.

Awwww...my favorites had to go. the Gaghans. I actually shed a few tears. :sobbing: Damn coffee bean,

Rocketta
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:09 AM
aww, I'm sad that family left. :sad:

However, if the Weaver family says one more time, "Lord please help us if it's your will" :yawn:

Give it a rest....the Lord is on everybody's side. :rolleyes:

It's funny how they all want the Weaver's gone...:lol:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:10 AM
go weavers!!

drake3781
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:24 AM
go weavers!!

Why the Weavers? They are unfriendly and the kids have serious bratty attitudes.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:28 AM
what is so mean or unfriendly about them?!?

Rocketta
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:29 AM
what is so mean or unfriendly about them?!?

well I find those shorts the oldest daughter wears just rude. :tape:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:32 AM
well I find those shorts the oldest daughter wears just rude. :tape:
well of course someone like you would

but thats not unfriendly towards the other teams

go weavers!

Rocketta
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:43 AM
well of course someone like you would

but thats not unfriendly towards the other teams

go weavers!

maybe that's why I called it rude not unfriendly. :retard:

It's too friendly. :eek:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:45 AM
maybe that's why I called it rude not unfriendly. :retard:

It's too friendly. :eek:
its friendly enough to some

get over it, go weavers

Rocketta
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:50 AM
its friendly enough to some

get over it, go weavers

to who? Every last one of the other competitors can't stand the Weavers..get over that. :tape:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:54 AM
to who? Every last one of the other competitors can't stand the Weavers..get over that. :tape:
the other competitors dont matter

i love the weavers, go!!!! go cali team!

Crazy Canuck
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:59 AM

They don't matter in the grand scheme of the race for the weavers, but it certainly says something about you when just about every team hates you with a passion. Now, perhaps when all is said and done, somebody will say something nice about them in interview and it will turn out that more is being made of this than was really there. Until then, what with the mother smirking as her kids call other people "retards" and mock out garbage men (I'm sorry, but since when did white trash have the right to mock out hard working individuals that improve our day to day lives???), it's not that hard to see why other teams don't like them. Hypocritical, self righteous, and obnoxious.

drake3781
Nov 2nd, 2005, 05:06 AM

I think you have the Weavers mixed up with another team. The Weavers are the nasty team with the mom, two daughters, and 13-year old son Rolly. They are the ones whose father died, and the Mom keeps invoking God's name to help her team, while at the same time turning all the other teams and most viewers against them.

Team Cali would be...?? No team is from Cali.

I'll add some Weavers quotes after I recharge my battery. One tonight was "that is the dumbest volcano Ive ever seen", said by one of the daughters.

Rocketta
Nov 2nd, 2005, 05:09 AM
I think you have the Weavers mixed up with another team. The Weavers are the nasty team with the mom, two daughters, and 13-year old son Rolly. They are the ones whose father died, and the Mom keeps invoking God's name to help her team, while at the same time turning all the other teams and most viewers against them.

Team Cali would be...?? No team is from Cali.

I'll add some Weavers quotes after I recharge my battery. One tonight was "that is the dumbest volcano Ive ever seen", said by one of the daughters.

ohh, don't forget when the Mom told the other teams boat driver to slow down or don't go fast and then got upset when they were heckling her son at the baseball field. :lol:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 2nd, 2005, 05:25 AM
I thought that Momma Weaver saying that some body around New Orleans was "one of the great lakes" was pretty amusing, considering that she apparently homeschools her children.

Oh, the "dumb volcano" was funny indeed. Good catch,

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 2nd, 2005, 05:39 AM
go weavers
i'm glad you all hate them, it will make it even better when they win :)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 2nd, 2005, 05:56 AM
I'm not going to post it, but if anybody wants to hear the betting spoiler, PM me :p

drake3781
Nov 2nd, 2005, 06:45 AM
I thought that Momma Weaver saying that some body around New Orleans was "one of the great lakes" was pretty amusing, considering that she apparently homeschools her children.

Oh, the "dumb volcano" was funny indeed. Good catch,

Here are some more Weaver things:

Mocking the PAulo family's picture which was taken in front of a garbage truck.
Rolly Weaver calling one of the Paulos a "retard".
Punching the Paulo's picture (the ones who yielded them)
Being hated enough to be yeilded (they were not ahead so it was not strategical; it was pute dislike for the Weavers)
When they got the van unstuck and the mother drove off and made the kids run after her. Weird.
Rebecca Weaver: (responding under her breath to Linda saying "Muchos gracias" to someone giving them directions) - "Even though you were no help."

That last one pissed me off, because the guy

From previous episodes:
Rebecca' Weaver:"We've been raised since we were born not to trust other people but to trust your family and to trust God"
Rachel Weaver "We're all Christians and we're above them"
The weird dance they were doing on a bad day when everyone was ready to quit (was it at a stop on the ride to the NASA Site?).
The thong-like shorts the girls wear.
Didn't know Pennsylvania is a state.
Didn't know what the Great Lakes are.
Making fun of the other teams.
Rolly Weaver trying to speak Spanish by adding o to the end of words, el righto, el lefto.

The rest of this is not my quote, I lifted it from TV Without Pity, but those folks can say it better than I can... about the Weavers:

The complete bubble they've been raised in re: homeschooling, only trust your family, fringe evangelical version of Christianity, has certainly made them the people we see before us. Judgemental, hypocritical, insecure, paranoid, mean spirited. And as a Christian, I am now officially embarrassed by the the Weavers. I get you're Christians but I seem to recall from my time in Catholic school that Jesus didn't snottily proclaim His superiority over His fellow men. The superiority and the mocking and general unpleasantness is awful and there's just no excuse. None. Please stop bugging God about your silly little reality show race. And hey, perhaps if we acted more Christ Like, your fellow racers might assist you/like you and just maybe this whole race thing could be an enjoyable experience.

So let's all pray together now....

"Dear Lord, please give us the strength to stomach yet another week of the Weaver Clan. And if You're listening, could You possibly stick their car in the mud again? We know You were behind that and it's much appreciated! Thanks!"

bee
Nov 2nd, 2005, 11:42 AM
The little girl was so cute... trying to hold back her tears...
The red bean road block... is one of those task that needs a lot of luck....

Just a really bad break for them...
They raced really well as a team.. :)

Meesh
Nov 2nd, 2005, 12:43 PM
I was really hoping that the Weaver family or Paolo family would go.

Rocketta
Nov 2nd, 2005, 03:13 PM
So let's all pray together now....

"Dear Lord, please give us the strength to stomach yet another week of the Weaver Clan. And if You're listening, could You possibly stick their car in the mud again? We know You were behind that and it's much appreciated! Thanks!"

Amen! :angel:

the people behind TWOP are just so funny...:lol:

Vut
Nov 2nd, 2005, 03:26 PM
really like Paolo Family!!!!!!

Dawn Marie
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:19 PM
Ok I have a complete turn around in my likeness for the teams. I dislike the Weavers and love the Paolo's. The Weavers are hypocritical and the Paolo's are straight up with their feelings. They are also learning and learning how to respect their families. I see growth when I see the Paolo's. Weavers I don't.

It was touching to see son Paolo hold his mom when they bunjee jumped. He cried like a baby. lol. Momma Paolo is actually a tough cookie.

PointBlank
Nov 2nd, 2005, 06:11 PM
I, still, for some reason like the Weavers. This week they got annoying though.

The Paolos are growing on me. I hate the oldest boy. Always acting tough, then his dad and brother can pick up the bananas and he cant. :rolls:.

I hated the Gaghans, but when the little girl was crying, I was about to cry. :p.

njguido11
Nov 2nd, 2005, 06:24 PM
Im surprised nobody likes the Linz family on here. Everyone ive ever talked to about this show this is who they love and i agree.

Ted of Teds Tennis
Nov 2nd, 2005, 08:56 PM
I've always gotten the impression that Linz family qualified for the race because the producers thought they'd be eye candy.

I generally don't like the "eye candy" teams from the other editions and end up rooting for the forty-plus married couples (Kim and Chip, Uchenna and Joyce, Gretchen and Meredith, Ian and Teri, and so on).

Denise4925
Nov 2nd, 2005, 09:06 PM
I've always gotten the impression that Linz family qualified for the race because the producers thought they'd be eye candy.

I generally don't like the "eye candy" teams from the other editions and end up rooting for the forty-plus married couples (Kim and Chip, Uchenna and Joyce, Gretchen and Meredith, Ian and Teri, and so on).
I agree, they are always so much more interesting. But, I have yet to find a family that I really like. I think I like the Paolas (sp?) and the Weavers. I like the dad of the Paolas because he's a strong, never give up never die kind of guy and he's the glue that holds that family together. Why his boys are such wimps, I'll never know. Also, I liked the Weavers because they had my sympathy and maybe I haven't been watching as religiously, but I haven't figured out why ALL of the other teams hate them so. What they have done hasn't amounted to enough in my opinion to hate them like that, unless we are missing things going on when the camera is not on. :shrug:

drake3781
Nov 2nd, 2005, 09:06 PM
Im surprised nobody likes the Linz family on here. Everyone ive ever talked to about this show this is who they love and i agree.

I don't dislike them - they are pretty typical all-American people. Just don't have something I love about them, like I did for the Gaghans with their great way of treating their kids and their fabulous, attitude-less, unspoiled kids.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 2nd, 2005, 09:50 PM
Damn weavers :mad:
They say everyone else is mean but they make fun of the other teams:rolleyes: hypocrites

Sun*Kissed
Nov 2nd, 2005, 10:29 PM
Damn weavers :mad:
They say everyone else is mean but they make fun of the other teams:rolleyes: hypocrites
Indeed, calling other people retards and ridiculing the paolo father's occupation...all while invoking the Lord's guidance :rolleyes:
The Gagnans(?) were cool :), now i'm cheering for the Bransens

jacs
Nov 2nd, 2005, 11:24 PM
Bull crap, the Gaghans are gone :sad:

Who am I supposed to cheer for now?!

azmad_88
Nov 3rd, 2005, 01:52 AM
im soo sad to see them leave
but its alright..pity them..they didnt win anything though!..not any prize...

Harju.
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:17 PM
The Weavers starts to annoy me alot. They laughed at the Paolos' picture, since they're standing in front of a garbage truck. I'd like to see them work as garbage collectors. I have a lot of respect for Tony for doing that job (and for doing it for so many years, and for being so proud of it). And then they also talked about the others. I mean, you can be upset for being yielded, but dont be ignorant to others and making fun of their profession or appearance. Boohoo. If only the muds were deeper.

Go Linz now.

drake3781
Nov 7th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Saw an ad for this week.... think it said 2 hour show this week (Nov 8).

bee
Nov 7th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I think it is one of those "recap" episode again... :(

Rocketta
Nov 7th, 2005, 06:19 PM

oh oh so we get to see who are the real biotches...:lol:

drake3781
Nov 8th, 2005, 05:47 AM

I checked and it's NOT a recap... it is TWO EPISODES back-to-back. Don't miss it !!

Meesh
Nov 9th, 2005, 02:18 AM
:hatoff: Wally is pimp'n out his daughters to get more money for the next leg of the race. :lol:

Meesh
Nov 9th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Great two episodes. I'm glad the Bransen team made it! I want the Bransen team or Linz team. If the Godlewski team (desparate housewives) make it any further I might have to get ear plugs. There screaching is killing me!!!!!

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2005, 03:33 AM
The Godlewski are irritating, but they hardly register on the pain-in-the-ass scale with the Weavers around. I think it said a lot about the Weaver girls when the Godlewski women were being kind to them at the go-cart track and upon walking away the Weaver girls talked about how they hate the Godlewski's because they are annoying. Like, yes, they are annoying, but they just went over and gave you hugs and were supportive of you because this probably isn't easy for you, you asshats.

Also, just out of curiosity, but how do they know that they are the only ones leading a "Christian life"? (it's news to me that leading a "Christian life" involves disrepecting others in the way that they do, but what do I know) I mean, I find it hard to believe that nobody else on the race is a Christian :shrug:

Ugh, Mama Weaver should be ashamed of herself for raising such disgraceful children.

Meesh
Nov 9th, 2005, 03:45 AM
I cringe when the Weaver's say they are Christians or We are leading a Christian life. Christians don't need to go around affirming their Christianity by saying "we are Christians" They should be just leading a Christian life, period! Another scary example of home schooling... last week she said that she taught her kids not to trust anyone in life or something like that! Totally insane! Of course they are from my wonderful state of Florida. We seem to have all the wacky people in Florida!

Dawn Marie
Nov 9th, 2005, 02:45 PM
I am ashamed at TAR.

CBS is promoting the Weavers like they are some fine bred family. They are a bucnch of low life ghetto rats. CBS please cut the I am leading a Christian Life on the editing floor. !!

I HOPE THE WEAVERS LOSE and SOON!!!

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I really don't think that the Weavers are getting a good edit at all, lol. If they were getting a good edit we wouldn't see their nasty behaviour (ie: throwing things at other cars)

Rocketta
Nov 9th, 2005, 04:46 PM
The Weavers are so clueless about their own failings that it's actually funny....they disrespect, talk about, and dog everyone and then when it's done back to them they want to :bigcry:

Rocketta
Nov 9th, 2005, 04:47 PM
but I was with the Paolo (sp?) mom when finding out they were going to Arizona, she says, "Arizona?? I want to go to New Zealand"..:yeah:

Dana Marcy
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:24 PM
The Paolo's did so well in Central America but seemed to panick once they got back to the States. I don't favor any particular team but there's something I like about Papa Bransen. That look of exasperation on his face with his daughters is one that reminds me so much of my own Dad dealing with me and my sisters. :lol:

Denise4925
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:46 PM
I liked the Paolos, but I couldn't stand the eldest son. I hated how he was so disrespectful to his mother. :rolleyes:

LindsayRocks89
Nov 10th, 2005, 12:54 AM
I like the weavers, bransens, and the ones that start with a G(all the ladies)

Vut
Nov 10th, 2005, 01:33 AM
but I was with the Paolo (sp?) mom when finding out they were going to Arizona, she says, "Arizona?? I want to go to New Zealand"..:yeah:

:lol::lol:

anyway, it still boring for this edition :o

Greenout
Nov 10th, 2005, 02:35 AM
I still don't get the hate by the other teams to the Weavers. There must be some big edits going on? Maybe they're bugging everyone else with heavy bible thumping during non-racing breaks? Didn't the Weavers give the G-Sisters money when they ran that leg w/out no cash?

I can't stand the G-Sisters. Sort of glad to see the Paolo's leave. The mom I like, but the kids are absolute brats, and rude. I don't blame her for yelling at the two kids. The older brother turned out to be not that bad, it's the younger one that seems to have problems. Maybe he feels left out by not being yelled at enough by his Mother like big Bro?

I don't like the Linz family. The sister is ok; but she keeps on reminding me of Sveta Kuznetsova, and I end up waiting for her to talk in that Count Chocola Eastern European accent. :lol: The brothers seem like typical beer commerical frat boys. And they really ham it up to the camera, which get's annoying.

I'm liking the Bransens more now- nice family, and not playing up to the camera. Suck it up Wally, and yes that pimping the daughters off scene was hysterical. :p

Meesh
Nov 10th, 2005, 03:58 AM
I don't favor any particular team but there's something I like about Papa Bransen. That look of exasperation on his face with his daughters is one that reminds me so much of my own Dad dealing with me and my sisters. :lol:

:lol::lol: I think that is why I like the Bransen family. Wally is the man! You nailed it w/ "exasperation on his face" He kind of just goes with the flow but he always looks like he is going to collapse!

Rocketta
Nov 10th, 2005, 04:35 AM
It's clear to me the other teams know the weaver's talk about them....the kids rolled down the window and was throwing food at the sisters? when the park entrance guy told the Linz that the Weaver's were talking about them the Linzs weren't shocked so they know they talk about people.

Kunal
Nov 10th, 2005, 04:48 AM
i havent actually sat thru a full episode but it just doesnt seem to be the same kind of show that the amazing race usually is....

the anticipation factor in terms of 'i cant wait for the next episode...' just isnt there for me.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 10th, 2005, 04:50 AM
go weavers
fuck you all :)

bee
Nov 10th, 2005, 11:14 AM

Yeah... its kinda weird.. they went back to the US immediately.
I guessed flying all these people to another country is so expensive.
They are trying to minimized the cost... :) :cool:

Sad to see the Paulos go...
They were interesting to watch.

The Branzen team is cool...
The father is trying very hard to keep his cool... He seems to be in a lot of stress... :)

I actually don't find the weaver family annoying...
I guessed they do things (not shown on TV) that really annoys the other teams.

Denise4925
Nov 10th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah... its kinda weird.. they went back to the US immediately.
I guessed flying all these people to another country is so expensive.
They are trying to minimized the cost... :) :cool:

Sad to see the Paulos go...
They were interesting to watch.

The Branzen team is cool...
The father is trying very hard to keep his cool... He seems to be in a lot of stress... :)

I actually don't find the weaver family annoying...
I guessed they do things (not shown on TV) that really annoys the other teams.
Yeah, I haven't seen them do anything so annoying as to have ALL of the other teams hate them. So, it must be lost in the editing. I wish we could have a recap show to see what's going on that we are missing. I've seen worse teams play Amazing Race than the Weavers and not everyone hated them like that. So, what's the deal? :shrug: I know why all of you who have posted your dislike for them find them annoying, but it doesn't seem like that's enough for EVERYONE to hate them. Even the kids. :tape:

gorecki
Nov 10th, 2005, 11:07 PM
I really don't think that the Weavers are getting a good edit at all, lol. If they were getting a good edit we wouldn't see their nasty behaviour (ie: throwing things at other cars)
yup. perhaps all that home schooling has made them totally antisocial and
not so good at interacting with 'outsiders'. :shrug:
i didn't find them pelting stuff at the other team car funny at all. :ras:

Go Linz family. gotta love those cheeky chimps and the :cool: sis for putting up with them 24-7. :lol:
Come on Bransen family! Wally! :woohoo:

drake3781
Nov 11th, 2005, 05:08 AM
If you had all the episodes taped and re-watched, you would see dozens of things the Weavers have done that are annoying, which we got to see. Then there are all the additional things that couldn't be edited in. The reason you don't remember then all is because things happen so quickly in the TV show, and the families are a little bit confusing. But if we could splice together a tape of all the "annoying Weaver" things that were shown, it would probably equal 30 minutes.

Denise4925
Nov 11th, 2005, 07:31 AM
If you had all the episodes taped and re-watched, you would see dozens of things the Weavers have done that are annoying, which we got to see. Then there are all the additional things that couldn't be edited in. The reason you don't remember then all is because things happen so quickly in the TV show, and the families are a little bit confusing. But if we could splice together a tape of all the "annoying Weaver" things that were shown, it would probably equal 30 minutes.
:lol: Oh well. I don't really have any favs this season. I'll be glad when it's back to it's old format, because this is really boring.

nikita771
Nov 11th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I'm actually glad that that the Paola family was eliminated. I was sooo tired of the way they were treating the mom. Yes - she was annoying, but she's still the mom and it wasn't just the heat of competition that made the oldest son be so mean to her. It's like it normal for him. I could not even imagine talking to my mom like that! I'm definitely rooting for the Bransens and the Godlewskis. The Linz's are cool and the Weavers are interesting. But I'm really liking the family thing. It was a great direction to go.

njguido11
Nov 14th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Go Linz family

gorecki
Nov 14th, 2005, 09:03 AM
hi guys!
Bill Gaghan was in town last week on a personal business trip and spared some time to give out interviews regarding his family's experiences on TAR. :)

By Jeanmarie Tan
November 13, 2005
CHILDREN and The Amazing Race just don't mix.
In the family edition of the reality TV series, the two teams with the youngest kids are no longer in the competition.

The Black family, which included two boys aged 11 and 8, were eliminated in the very first episode.

The Gaghan family (left) - dad Bill, 40, mum Tammy, 42, Billy, 12, and Carissa, 9 - got the boot last week.

But Bill, who works in jet-engine sales and was in Singapore this week on business, felt like they had 'something to prove' once the Blacks were eliminated.

He told The New Paper over the phone: 'The last thing we wanted was to be the second team out.'

'My honest opinion is that 99.5 per cent of children don't belong in the race. But I think there's a small select group who can deal with the stress, and I think our kids were tough enough to do it.'

But Bill also had mixed feelings about his offspring being an asset or a liability on this extreme family vacation.

He said: 'Kids have really good eyes for spotting things, and one of the things we could've done different is to have Carissa or Billy do the red bean challenge. (Tammy blew their lead by spending 45 minutes searching through 800 pounds of coffee beans for one red-coloured bean).

'But then there was the sawing logs challenge. Having a stronger or taller pair would've helped, this wasn't set up for them at all.

'But there was nothing they did or couldn't do that held us back in that leg. Everything we asked of them, they did. Billy and Carissa totally impressed us.'

Tammy, who joined in the phone interview from their home in Glastonbury, Connecticut, added: 'In the end, if we were going to lose, I'm so happy it was because of me. :lol::hug:

'Because for the kids to have that on their shoulders, thinking they were the reasons we were out, that would've been very hard.'

The Gaghans - who also have a 7-year-old daughter - became favourites for epitomising everything a family should be: calm, patient and supportive parents, with well-behaved and adorable children.

Like beloved super-cute Carissa.

VIEWERS BAWLING

Tammy said: 'She's good at following the rules, doesn't like to get into trouble.'

The close-up of her quivering lip as she bravely tried to hold back her tears during elimination had viewers bawling.

She woke up from her slumber to come on the line for a few minutes, but got so sleepy she returned to bed.

In between, we asked the blonde moppet why she didn't cry freely.

'I was sort of embarrassed,' said Carissa in that familiar baby voice. awwww :hug: :lol:

The Amazing Race: Family Edition is showing over AXN (StarHub Channel 19), Wednesdays at 9pm and 12am. It also airs over Channel 5, Wednesdays at 8.30pm.

gorecki
Nov 14th, 2005, 09:29 AM
another article - the reporter misspelt Bill's family name all over the report. :o

the PDF's too large to attach but you can read it from here and it's on(nov12-13) pg48:
http://www.todayonline.com/pdf_index.asp

here's the portion where he talks about the Weavers...

In contrast to the model Gagher(sic :o ) family, there is the Weaver family, whom everyone seems to dislike on the show, which is currently being shown on AXN Asia.

According to Bill, the seeds of dislike were sewn right from the beginning.

When the Weavers were on top of their game, they refused to socialise with the rest of the families when while housed in a B&B in Virginia.

When they lost top position, however, they tried to form alliances with the other families.

"A lot of families didn't take to that too well. People could see it was manipulative," said Gagher ( :o ).

"Besides, the Weavers don't seem to have much fun out there. It all seems like a wasted opportunity."

Rocketta
Nov 14th, 2005, 04:29 PM
hmm, thanks for those articles.....:yeah:

Rocketta
Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:54 AM
This season stinks....how dare they make the leg with the yield a non-elimination leg!!! :fiery:

What's the point of the yields.....:mad:

Hopefully, the Weavers are way back although it doesn't matter they'll be a layover where they can catch up but I'm so tired of the "I don't understand why they don't like us, what have we ever done" routine. :yawn:

Rocketta
Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:55 AM
and what kind of home schooling are these children receiving that they didn't know anything about Utah.....I thought home schooled kids knew more? :confused: :tape:

FLL
Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:40 AM
The Weaver mom is so annoying and stupid! It's not because you pray good every 30 seconds that you are good and have nothing to be ashamed of... You are the most evil team in the race. But the worst thing about this family is the two faties sisters that look like Miss Piggy! I mean.. tight shorts are not for overweight girls :scared: And they also act like they are angels!

Rocketta
Nov 23rd, 2005, 12:52 PM
The Weaver mom is so annoying and stupid! It's not because you pray good every 30 seconds that you are good and have nothing to be ashamed of... You are the most evil team in the race. But the worst thing about this family is the two faties sisters that look like Miss Piggy! I mean.. tight shorts are not for overweight girls :scared: And they also act like they are angels!

Yeah, they have the martyrdom complex down pat.

drake3781
Nov 23rd, 2005, 08:51 PM
Too bad it was not an elimination !! Next week hope the Weavers get an ugly death (with some karma involved). :devil:

Vut
Nov 24th, 2005, 01:26 AM
the Weavers :hearts: go!

patricktav2003
Nov 24th, 2005, 02:04 AM
so who finish last??
<

Rocketta
Nov 24th, 2005, 02:17 AM
so who finish last??
<

The Weaver's finished last but it was a non-elimination round.:(

hablo
Nov 24th, 2005, 03:03 AM
I really don't like that Weaver family at all :mad:

The show just wants more entertaining, this is why it was not an elimination round :o:tape:

FLL
Nov 24th, 2005, 03:06 AM
And I'm scared of the way they edit the show.. I'm scared that the fat-sis, nerdy boy and posessed mom win :scared:

Meesh
Nov 24th, 2005, 04:06 AM
I'm really over the "poor us" "we are victims" mantra of the weavers.

Wally "We are like Switzerland" :lol:

bee
Nov 24th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I still don't know why they hate the weaver family so much.... ;) :) :(
They were extremely lucky that its a non elimination leg.

The sisters team - feel sorry for the "talkative sister" . Her sisters are not nice...

denine
Nov 24th, 2005, 01:24 PM
I still don't know why they hate the weaver family so much.... ;) :) :(
They were extremely lucky that its a non elimination leg.

The sisters team - feel sorry for the "talkative sister" . Her sisters are not nice...
i felt sorry for the other three sisters actually... having to put up with her continuous chatter. :tape:

gorecki
Nov 25th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Wally "We are like Switzerland" :lol:

:lol: yeah, it's nice to be neutral ;)

i felt sorry for the other three sisters actually... having to put up with her continuous chatter.:tape:

:lol:

i didn't exactly catch what Phil said about some 'production delay' that caused the sisters to fall back a little midway during this leg....:confused:

Go Linzs and Bransens! :D

Harju.
Nov 25th, 2005, 01:43 PM
I'm all for Linz. :haha: The witch and her three little monkeys. :tape:

denine
Nov 25th, 2005, 02:42 PM
:lol: yeah, it's nice to be neutral ;)

:lol:

i didn't exactly catch what Phil said about some 'production delay' that caused the sisters to fall back a little midway during this leg....:confused:

Go Linzs and Bransens! :D
Go linz! :)

i think it had something to do with some battery problem? :confused:

drake3781
Nov 25th, 2005, 04:44 PM
i think it had something to do with some battery problem? :confused:

I think the camera-person was charging his/her camera equipment on the car battery... something lke that, which caused car trouble. But I don't understand why they didn't get a time bonus for it ?? It surely wasn't their fault... :confused:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 26th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Guys... how did you saw Utah?

I was reading the recap... and apparently some peopel don't like Utah at all... I mean, they were very unlucky and went to the southern area of Utah which is whether a hell or a heaven... But how good did Salt Lake and Utah seemed like?

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Nov 26th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Only the Weaver's had a problem with Utah. The rest of the teams loved it's beautiful scenery.

Rocketta
Nov 26th, 2005, 05:01 PM
yeah the scenery was beautiful....the people may be a little weird but there's no denying the land is beautiful.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 26th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Only the Weaver's had a problem with Utah. The rest of the teams loved it's beautiful scenery.

I heard htinkg like.. "I hate Utah with passion," or "God must have spent little time in this state"

I was afraid the Amazing Race viewers were going to hate Utah.

I was afraid that then they didn't show many of the great things that Utah has... specially northern Utah. Afterall.. Utah has the most National Parks in the nation... I suppose the Weavers are jsut mean.. :awww:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 26th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Guys.. how cna I catch this episode again?

bee
Nov 27th, 2005, 01:32 AM
The Linz family - doesn't seem to thrill to hear that their first place reward was a trip to Wyoming :) :)

Dana Marcy
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:29 PM
I'm really over the "poor us" "we are victims" mantra of the weavers.

:yeah: And here's hoping they are finally sent packing tonight! :wavey:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 30th, 2005, 02:12 AM
vamos weavers
and fuck you all :)
go rolly and bec

FLL
Nov 30th, 2005, 02:38 AM
I was soooooooo hoping that their hot hair balloon would crash when it landed so that the two fat girls would just shut up! Instead, they started screaming so loud :fiery:

Rolly is probably a nerd back at school :retard: and a big one...

And the mom... well, no comments on the mom :tape::retard:

Meesh
Nov 30th, 2005, 02:54 AM
I'm going to pray tonight that the Weaver's go home next week. That's the way God works right? :angel:

Someone please shut the sisters up!

drake3781
Nov 30th, 2005, 03:36 AM
1. I love it when the leg continues like it did tonight.........!

2. What's up with these production problems, and why should the team not get the time back? Happened to Godlewskis last time, and now to the Linzes.

3. I think Megan Linz went to my university, Miami University.... saw her with Miami shirts tonight. (That's Miami U. in Ohio.)

4. Megan is very pretty......... never noticed before.

5. One of the Godlewskis that is so very mean to her sister Chris is starting to bug me...... they have been showing this for a long time but I really just noticed it tonight for the first time.

6.Weavers still in it??????? ah no....... hope they go next week. Really I don't care if they do well, as long as they could truly see themselves and understand that how they behave is the root of why people dislike them.

Rocketta
Nov 30th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Yeah I'm not understanding how they can let the camera guy drain their batteries and them not get the time back??? A lot of production delays....which didn't happen in the last two seasons but seeing the old seasons did use to happen a lot.

Rocketta
Nov 30th, 2005, 05:20 AM
I'm going to pray tonight that the Weaver's go home next week. That's the way God works right? :angel:

Someone please shut the sisters up!

Yup that's how God works.....if we just pray a little harder for the Weavers to fail it will counteract their prays for success. :tape:

:p

bee
Nov 30th, 2005, 12:07 PM
If a car broke down.. then the team has no choice but wait for a replacement..
But when its just a "battery pack" for a camera...??!! Can't a team go ahead as scheduled and just wait for it on the next destination...

The "evil sister" is so mean to Chris... :) ;) :(

I want the weaver family to win... :) :) ;)

Ted of Teds Tennis
Nov 30th, 2005, 02:34 PM
The way Phil phrased it, it sounded as though the cameras are being run off the car battery, and this is draining the car batteries and forcing them to get a new car sent for them (or jump-started).

Rocketta
Nov 30th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah it sounds like the camera men are charging their camera battery packs on the car batteries and then it's draining the car battery especially with them having to tow those campers...I guess because in past shows the people are usually in cities and the camera men can use outlets and such and this season they are on the road staying in camp sites and parking lots....they are using the batteries of the car...just another reason this season is a stinker.

Dana Marcy
Nov 30th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah it sounds like the camera men are charging their camera battery packs on the car batteries and then it's draining the car battery especially with them having to tow those campers...I guess because in past shows the people are usually in cities and the camera men can use outlets and such and this season they are on the road staying in camp sites and parking lots....they are using the batteries of the car...just another reason this season is a stinker.

Rocketta, sorry if I'm misundersatnding your post but just in case you didn't know, this battery problem with camera operators has happened on other editions of TAR. It sucked that it happened twice last night.

GO BRANSENS! :bounce:

Rocketta
Nov 30th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Rocketta, sorry if I'm misundersatnding your post but just in case you didn't know, this battery problem with camera operators has happened on other editions of TAR. It sucked that it happened twice last night.

GO BRANSENS! :bounce:

No problem....I know that it use to happen....I've been watching the older seasons on Game Show Network but the seasons where Uchena and the one where that model girl who was soooooo stuck up won...I just don't remember that many production delays....but I probably wasn't paying that good of attention.

bee
Dec 7th, 2005, 02:08 PM
GO WEAVER FAMILY :)

Feel sad about the Sisters..
Yeah.. Kris.. could be annoying.. but the way she gets treated by her sisters is quite appalling.

Linz family - are very annoying... :( :(

Vut
Dec 7th, 2005, 02:41 PM
:hearts: The Weaver!!!!! Go!

FLL
Dec 7th, 2005, 06:20 PM
The Weavers are so :fiery: One of the fat sisters said: ''I think everyone looks better then me'' You got that right! You are one scary thing :scared: You will probably be as bad as your mother some day! Give us wisdom god.. give us this god... give us that god.. do this for us god! GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THIS God thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go LINZ!!!!!!!!

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2005, 07:26 PM
The Weavers are so :fiery: One of the fat sisters said: ''I think everyone looks better then me'' You got that right! You are one scary thing :scared: You will probably be as bad as your mother some day! Give us wisdom god.. give us this god... give us that god.. do this for us god! GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THIS God thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go LINZ!!!!!!!!
Oh my goodness. Why does it bother you so that they pray, especially since you don't believe? :shrug: To each his own, if they believe they should be free to express it, just as you are free to express you don't.

FLL
Dec 7th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Oh my goodness. Why does it bother you so that they pray, especially since you don't believe? :shrug: To each his own, if they believe they should be free to express it, just as you are free to express you don't.

I don't care if they pray but they act like they are the only non-evil team just because they pray! That is what bother me.. Practice what you preach and accept the fact that you are as or even more evil then the other teams!

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2005, 07:32 PM
I don't care if they pray but they act like they are the only non-evil team just because they pray! That is what bother me.. Practice what you preach and accept the fact that you are as or even more evil then the other teams!
I can understand how you feel, but do you honestly think they are going to do that? Seeing as how, even some people who are not believers and are very mean, don't see themselves as such.

Drake1980
Dec 7th, 2005, 07:34 PM
I love the Weavers. Good luck guys!!!!

Crazy Canuck
Dec 7th, 2005, 07:35 PM
I confess that occasionally I s****** at the time of their praying... but overall, I have to agree with Denise on this one.

Rocketta
Dec 7th, 2005, 07:55 PM

Well I believe and frankly God isn't here just for them...that's what's :bs: about all their "God help me's"...God helps everyone who helps themselves...I seriously doubt they are any more religious than any of the other teams they just think they are because they say God's name every other sentence. :tape:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Dec 7th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Is it wrong for me to find myself pulling for the Weaver's? The other teams are kinda boring -- at least the Desperate Housewives had some drama going on with them, but other than that, the other 2 teams are kind of blase.

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Is it wrong for me to find myself pulling for the Weaver's? The other teams are kinda boring -- at least the Desperate Housewives had some drama going on with them, but other than that, the other 2 teams are kind of blase.
No, because I feel the same way. At least they bring some excitement. I do like the brothers and sister team though.

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Well I believe and frankly God isn't here just for them...that's what's :bs: about all their "God help me's"...God helps everyone who helps themselves...I seriously doubt they are any more religious than any of the other teams they just think they are because they say God's name every other sentence. :tape:
I don't see anything wrong with praying for help. I do it during competition or for anything. I pray for my favorite team to win, and if they do, it just gives me one more thing to thank him and praise him for, and it increases my faith. I know God doesn't have favorites, but I figure if its in His will for me or who I'm praying for to win, there's no harm in praying for it, whether they win or lose. The Bible says to pray for what you want and it will be given. When it's given is a whole other topic. I just don't buy into the thought that God doesn't have time for menial things. I believe God is omnipotent and has time for any and everything.

Rocketta
Dec 7th, 2005, 10:00 PM
I don't see anything wrong with praying for help. I do it during competition or for anything. I pray for my favorite team to win, and if they do, it just gives me one more thing to thank him and praise him for, and it increases my faith. I know God doesn't have favorites, but I figure if its in His will for me or who I'm praying for to win, there's no harm in praying for it, whether they win or lose. The Bible says to pray for what you want and it will be given. When it's given is a whole other topic. I just don't buy into the thought that God doesn't have time for menial things. I believe God is omnipotent and has time for any and everything.

I was always under the impression that you don't pray for everything thing you want that you pray for God's will and frankly how many times in a race does that prayer need to be said? If you pray for God's will be done at the beginning of a race then why are you praying at every small minute task you face and isn't it a little selfish that within all these prayers that these *christians* are offering up its never for anyone but themselves? :o Which is not what I was taught to pray for but everyone's different. To me it's like programed in them...they say it not because they mean it or thought about it but because they are so programmed to say to say it. :shrug:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Dec 7th, 2005, 10:47 PM
No, because I feel the same way. At least they bring some excitement. I do like the brothers and sister team though.
OMG - me 2 Denise! We agree on a lot of things on these reality shows, lol. I hope it comes down to them 2.

Dana Marcy
Dec 7th, 2005, 11:04 PM
The annoying thing to ME about the Weavers is that they are such victims. I don't have a problem with the kids's immaturity (they are just teenagers after all) but they just wallow in self-pity too much.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Dec 8th, 2005, 01:13 AM
vamos weavers
its good to see some of you are starting to come around.
for the longest time i was the only pro-weaver person on here :yeah:

gorecki
Dec 8th, 2005, 01:41 AM
I was always under the impression that you don't pray for everything thing you want that you pray for God's will
:)

Linz family - are very annoying...:( :(
yes the Linz boys can be annoying but a good source of silly amusement :lol:

Come on Linz's and Bransen's! :D

drake3781
Dec 8th, 2005, 02:27 AM
I love the Weavers. Good luck guys!!!!

Just so we don't get confused, I'm the OTHER Drake and Weavers are at the bottom of my list. Something wrong with that family........ they have been in a spiral of negativity since the start.... call a psychologist.

Meesh
Dec 8th, 2005, 03:14 AM
I was always under the impression that you don't pray for everything thing you want that you pray for God's will and frankly how many times in a race does that prayer need to be said? If you pray for God's will be done at the beginning of a race then why are you praying at every small minute task you face and isn't it a little selfish that within all these prayers that these *christians* are offering up its never for anyone but themselves? :o Which is not what I was taught to pray for but everyone's different. To me it's like programed in them...they say it not because they mean it or thought about it but because they are so programmed to say to say it. :shrug:

AMEN!

I hope the Bransens win or the Linz!!!

Greenout
Dec 8th, 2005, 09:36 AM
I like the Weavers. I don't know why? The Linzs are too "frat" for me. Those sisters were really getting on my nerves. Glad to see them gone, but the editing
sort of gave it away- they looked rather down in the video interview clips.

njguido11
Dec 8th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Im soooo hoping the LINZ family wins. i dont see how anyone thinks there annoying theyve provided the few funny moments this season.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Dec 8th, 2005, 06:51 PM
The only drawback I have with the Linz family is that the young guy looks like a punk who would be a jock jerk.

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2005, 07:52 PM
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" Matthew 7:7 (KJV)

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2005, 07:54 PM
OMG - me 2 Denise! We agree on a lot of things on these reality shows, lol. I hope it comes down to them 2.
Me too and I believe it will. They are the two stronger teams.

Rocketta
Dec 8th, 2005, 09:41 PM
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" Matthew 7:7 (KJV)

ah Denise, how does that show that you should pray for EVERYTHING you want? :confused:

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2005, 10:02 PM
ah Denise, how does that show that you should pray for EVERYTHING you want? :confused:
Because it says, ask and it shall be given. :shrug: What's wrong with praying for everything you want? Is there a difference between wanting it and not praying for it and wanting it and praying for it? What ever it is that you want, it doesn't change because you don't pray for it.

In competition are you supposed to pray for someone else to win? Why even compete? The key is understanding that if you don't get what you prayed for right then and there, that it's not that God has not answered your prayers or given you what you've prayed for, but that it was something that was not in your best interest at the time.

Is there a limit on how many times you say the same prayer, asking for the same thing? The only thing I hear the Weavers' mom praying for is for God to help them. Regarding praying for God's will to be done at the beginning of the race and saying little prayers with each task, maybe it gives them strength to push on. I don't know. God's will will be done regardless, but we have free will to believe in Him to give us strength and faith to carry on. Anyway, you're right everyone was not taught to believe the same thing.

drake3781
Dec 8th, 2005, 10:14 PM

This doesn't make sense, because if it did, every team would pray and they all cannot win.

Also God should not be troubled by what people want. Only by what they should have based on their actions. We all want a lot, and cannot pray to God for it. Only that we get what we deserve, and our job is to be the best we can be to get what we deserve.

Rocketta
Dec 8th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Because it says, ask and it shall be given. :shrug: What's wrong with praying for everything you want? Is there a difference between wanting it and not praying for it and wanting it and praying for it? What ever it is that you want, it doesn't change because you don't pray for it.

In competition are you supposed to pray for someone else to win? Why even compete? The key is understanding that if you don't get what you prayed for right then and there, that it's not that God has not answered your prayers or given you what you've prayed for, but that it was something that was not in your best interest at the time.

Is there a limit on how many times you say the same prayer, asking for the same thing? The only thing I hear the Weavers' mom praying for is for God to help them. Regarding praying for God's will to be done at the beginning of the race and saying little prayers with each task, maybe it gives them strength to push on. I don't know. God's will will be done regardless, but we have free will to believe in Him to give us strength and faith to carry on. Anyway, you're right everyone was not taught to believe the same thing.

to me to pray for everything you want is well kind of selfish which is really not christiany...:lol:

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2005, 10:34 PM
This doesn't make sense, because if it did, every team would pray and they all cannot win.

Also God should not be troubled by what people want. Only by what they should have based on their actions. We all want a lot, and cannot pray to God for it. Only that we get what we deserve, and our job is to be the best we can be to get what we deserve.
I assume you're not familiar with the Gospels or the Bible. :lol: What you are saying does not make sense, is what Jesus said. Please tell me you know who he is.

Also, it's not up to you to say what God should be troubled by. You talk like God is human and is bother by trouble. He is omnipotent. Everything we do is important to Him. Believe me, God can handle more than you think. ;) If don't pray to God for what we want, who's going to supply it to us? If we should only get what we deserve, are you saying that a poor starving baby is less deserving than Bill Gates?

If our job is to be the best we can be to get what we deserve, how can that poor starving baby get anything? I'm sure he's being the best baby he can be.

Also, what about blessings? Are some people more deserving of blessings than others? We are all sinful, because we are of the flesh.

No, I suggest that what you say makes no sense.

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2005, 10:42 PM
to me to pray for everything you want is well kind of selfish which is really not christiany...:lol:
It is selfish not to pray for others. We should always pray for our loved ones, neighbors and enemies alike. But how do you pick and choose what to pray for when you want something? What are the right things to pray for and what's the cut off point? Do you not pray for anything you want, or do you have a limit per year or per month or per day?

To judge them for praying because you don't think it's right is kind of self-righteous and judgmental, which is not at all Chrisitian. :)

Rocketta
Dec 8th, 2005, 11:26 PM
It is selfish not to pray for others. We should always pray for our loved ones, neighbors and enemies alike. But how do you pick and choose what to pray for when you want something? What are the right things to pray for and what's the cut off point? Do you not pray for anything you want, or do you have a limit per year or per month or per day?

To judge them for praying because you don't think it's right is kind of self-righteous and judgmental, which is not at all Chrisitian. :)

but I don't claim to be a good christian? :scratch:

I haven't been to church since I was 10 despite the fact that my mother and sister did.

When I pray it's usually for others who have asked for prayer....but I didn't say I did anything what I said was what I was taught and that's what I was taught to pray for God's will to be done, God helps those who help themselves....so asking for guidance is fine but frankly how can you hear the answer if you're steady asking and haven't stopped to hear the answer on the first prayer? To me people who are constantly calling the Lord's name are as fake as a $3 bill and I base this on having spent many years working with some of the most religious people I've ever known...I call them my two church ladies....they almost got me to go back to church...but I moved. :o Anyway, they are the two most loving, sweet, open, friendliest preacher's wives I've ever seen and they don't call the lord's name half as much as The Weaver's mom and trust if you knew our supervisor you would know how amazing that is. :tape:

gorecki
Dec 8th, 2005, 11:40 PM

i certainly do not have a problem with them praying out loud
but to do so and then go on to wish not so nice things on others the next minute.....

oh well, we are all only human :lol: :hug:

Come On Linz's and Bransens's! :D

Denise4925
Dec 13th, 2005, 10:28 PM
but I don't claim to be a good christian? :scratch:

I didn't say anything about being a good Christian, I just mentioned two of the basic tenants of Christianity. But, I understand what you're saying about what you were taught and why you've strayed from the Church.

bee
Dec 14th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Linz family won :(
This year's amazing race sucked.. :( :(

Glad to see the next amazing race is back to its original format :)

Greenout
Dec 14th, 2005, 12:51 PM

It was lame seeing the frat family win. Anti-climatic..but...

The preview for TAR 9 was the best part of the finale to me.

Mt. Fuji (Japan!), the Kremlin(Russia!), and Indonesia(perhaps BALI!)!!

Hurrah! Foreign culture shock :)

:bounce: :bounce:

Ted of Teds Tennis
Dec 14th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Ooh, they're finally going to Japan!

There's still a lot of Central Europe they haven't been to, either. As far as I'm aware, they've only been to Hungary (TAR 6, where they drove the Trabis).

FLL
Dec 14th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Linz family winning :woohoo:

gorecki
Dec 14th, 2005, 02:28 PM
:hug: Linz family & Bransen's :yeah:
:hug: Rolly

Greeny: hmmm was there a preview for TAR9? i must have missed it. did u watch it on Ch5 or AXN or something....?
foreign lands, and interesting comments/remarks/behaviour from the contestants...? :tape: :p

Rocketta
Dec 14th, 2005, 02:38 PM
haven't watched it yet but I'm just glad it wasn't the Weavers.. :yeah:

denine
Dec 14th, 2005, 02:43 PM
LINZS!!!!!:woohoo:

Greeny: hmmm was there a preview for TAR9? i must have missed it. did u watch it on Ch5 or AXN or something....?
foreign lands, and interesting comments/remarks/behaviour from the contestants...? :tape: :p
i didnt see it either(ch5)..i guess its just ch5. :tape:

Meesh
Dec 14th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Praise GOD! :lol: The Linz family won. I really wanted the Branson family to win but I'm just happy the Hypocrit family didn't win.

Next season looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!

hablo
Dec 14th, 2005, 04:13 PM
haven't watched it yet but I'm just glad it wasn't the Weavers.. :yeah:
ditto!!! :lol:

nice publicity for two Canadian cities : Montréal and Toronto :bounce::banana:

It was nice to see places that I knew :angel:

Vut
Dec 14th, 2005, 04:14 PM
don't like the Linzs anyway, congrats with them!!

agree that next season look great!!!... look like they will go to southern of Thailand!!

FLL
Dec 14th, 2005, 04:16 PM
And the Linzes like curling :lol:

Denise4925
Dec 14th, 2005, 05:00 PM

Me too. :yawn: This two hour show looked boring from the snipets I saw last night, but I taped it, so I'll probably watch it sometime. I really didn't care who won. I'm glad it will be back to it's original format. I wonder if the producers got any complaints from viewers for this format.

Greenout
Dec 14th, 2005, 06:32 PM

I watched it on the AXN telecast. The TAR 9 preview came on right after the rolling production credits, and punchy theme song at the end of the show. It showed flash scenes with Mt Fuji in the beginning (I think they're really want people to know it's Japan), then shots of the beautiful Domes of the Kremlin, marching soldier, and the masked dancer, which I thought maybe Balinese, but Vut recognizes as Southern Thai.

Anyway- the big standouts were the 3 scenes. So, we can be sure there's the exciting Asia, and always entertaining Eastern Europe leg. Nothing against South America, but places like Africa, the Middle East, and Asia are so much more fun because chances of culture shock are higher. And the locals are more likely "Who? WTF?" to the teams. :tape: