PDA

View Full Version : Yankees v Red Sox

spokenword73
Sep 27th, 2005, 11:22 PM
It's going down to the wire...I don't know if the Yankees will be able to pull it off and end up in first place.:eek: What would OCtober be without the Bronx Bombers?

Barrie_Dude
Sep 27th, 2005, 11:25 PM
October w/o the Yankees and with my beloved Sox would be ideal!

spokenword73
Sep 27th, 2005, 11:40 PM

:(

Barrie_Dude
Sep 28th, 2005, 12:11 AM
Besides, do the Yankees really want to get spanked like they did last year? :haha:

LUIS9
Sep 28th, 2005, 01:29 AM

It would be just right! :tape: Go Red Sox! :yeah:

Barrie_Dude
Sep 28th, 2005, 01:53 AM
It would be just right! :tape: Go Red Sox! :yeah::woohoo: Sox!

spokenword73
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:14 AM
There's a two way tie for first place Yanks Red Sox\
Three way tie for WC Yanks, Red Sox, Indians.

My $$ is on the Yanks. :bigclap:

Barrie_Dude
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:23 AM
Red Sox all the way, baby!

Sun*Kissed
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Let's go Yan-kees!!!!!!

PaulieM
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:31 AM
yankees rock!! :rocker2:

Barrie_Dude
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

@ The Yankees!

Justin
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Thanks God the Bo Sox lost tongiht... 'cause the Yanks sucked.

I could not believe when Scott Proctor was pitching in the fifth inning of a must-win game where that Yanks only was down by one run. Few times have I questioned Torre this season, but that was one of them. Proctor does not even deserve a spot on this team with his notorious inability to throw strikes.

Go Yanks and Chicon tomorrow!

spokenword73
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Thanks God the Bo Sox lost tongiht... 'cause the Yanks sucked.

I could not believe when Scott Proctor was pitching in the fifth inning of a must-win game where that Yanks only was down by one run. Few times have I questioned Torre this season, but that was one of them. Proctor does not even deserve a spot on this team with his notorious inability to throw strikes.

Go Yanks and Chicon tomorrow!

I just hope the pitching holds up through the playoffs and WS! The Big Unit has been unimpressive.

switz
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:23 AM
they'll both make it. cleveland will choke.

selking
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:49 AM
f them, white sox and indians is gonna be the shit

LUIS9
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:57 AM
f them, white sox and indians is gonna be the shit

Have it as you will as long as the Losers I mean yankees dont make it I'll be just fine. If the Braves ever win again I'd be delighted, if the Sox repeat it would be a great day.

Barrie_Dude
Sep 28th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Boston Red Sox!

kiwifan
Sep 28th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Go Yanks!!! :yeah:

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 28th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Good Luck to the SOX :cool: :worship:

spokenword73
Sep 28th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Bosox :mad: and Yanks :sad: are both in the second inning in their respective games...both are losing

Go Yankees!

Barrie_Dude
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:04 AM
GO RED SOX!

Justin
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:05 AM
Yanks :banana:

Joseosu19
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Indians lost tonigiht:(

spokenword73
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Yankees win! :bounce: Lead AL EAST

Justin
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Blue Jays :banana:

LUIS9
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Yankees win! :bounce: Lead AL EAST

This is just traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagic! I guess Ill take my night quil gel caps. :lol: :lol: Come on Red Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't rely on night quil for too long before going knuts :tape: Give me a chance to take day quil and wake up again. :haha:

spokenword73
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:41 PM
This is just traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagic! I guess Ill take my night quil gel caps. :lol: :lol: Come on Red Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't rely on night quil for too long before going knuts :tape: Give me a chance to take day quil and wake up again. :haha:

Hang in there! You've still got the weekend series to go! Beat 'em down Yanks. :bigclap:

SloKid
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:44 PM
How cool is the fact they get to play against each other in the last games of the regular season to decide who will play in the playoffs. Of course both teams could play in the playoffs, but I think only one will+ the Indians.

spokenword73
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Very cool...it's a another playoff series. Not sure about the Indians, though. Anybody but Boston :mad:

SelesFan70
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Doesn't matter. The Atlanta Braves will win the whole shebang in the end. :banana:

SloKid
Sep 29th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Doesn't matter. The Atlanta Braves will win the whole shebang in the end. :banana:

A division title is one thing, the playoffs something completely different.
Anything can happen in October.

Martian KC
Sep 29th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Please win one of them, Red Sox.:scared:

spokenword73
Sep 29th, 2005, 01:13 PM
The Braves? :lol: They have as much chance of winning WS as the Dodgers do. :lol:

SelesFan70
Sep 29th, 2005, 01:14 PM
The Braves? :lol: They have as much chance of winning WS as the Dodgers do. :lol:

:ras:

pinkfrog
Sep 29th, 2005, 01:23 PM
i went to the sox game last night, and arroyo sucked!!! hahaha. i'm a yankees fan. i was wearing my yankee hat and my derek jeter shirt and people kept giving me dirty looks!!!

gooooo yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martian KC
Sep 29th, 2005, 01:30 PM
i went to the sox game last night, and arroyo sucked!!! hahaha. i'm a yankees fan. i was wearing my yankee hat and my derek jeter shirt and people kept giving me dirty looks!!!

Probably cos they weren't playing the Yankees last nite.:confused:;) But you might've gotten a concussion if you go to the actual matchup this weekend.:p

lizchris
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Everyone was on the Cleveland bandwagon because they were winning, but now they are playing Tampa Bay, a team that swept them at home in August ann could possibly sweept them again. It is obvious that the White Sox are going to win the AL Central Division and they could do it tonight if they win and Cleveland loses. As far as Boston is concerned, very few people belived that the Blue Jays could possibly give them trouble, but they have and may beat them tonight (Clement, who is pitchign for Boston tonight, has not beaten Tornoto this year). The Yankees have been playing well and have one of their best pitchers pitching tonight (Aaron Small), so it isn't out of the question for them to possibly be two games up on Boston by tomorrow, but they could be tied too.

spokenword73
Sep 29th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Derek Jeter= Mr. October=MVP :yippee:

griffin
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:13 PM

You're lucky they didn't give you a new asshole.

I'd love for the Sox to pull it off, but I think they're looking at too many injuries, and too much petty bickering inhouse to overcome it. Someone bitched to the Herald that a player (Schill) wasn't getting booed? They wanted to see 3 guys hounded out of town? Damon's talking openly about being willing to walk after the season, and Manny's not being MVP Manny.

Not holding my breath.

Barrie_Dude
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Is that the late great Griffin in your avatar, Griffin?

Nikki
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Go Yankees:bounce:

samp20
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Let's go Cleveland! Let's go Boston!

Keep the Yanks out of the playoffs!!!

Black Mamba.
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:22 PM
I can't stand either team.

spokenword73
Sep 30th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Yankees are winning! They are two ahead of Boston (if Bosox lose). One more game, Yanks clinch the Division. Oh Happy Day :smooch:

Justin
Sep 30th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Yanks :bounce:

lizchris
Sep 30th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Boston won late, so the Yankees are still up 1 game.

ampers&
Sep 30th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Go Sox!!!!!:rocker2:

spokenword73
Sep 30th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Boston won late, so the Yankees are still up 1 game.

:tape: Yankees are 1 game up on Boston and Clevland. This weekend will tell the tale. Jason Giambi is hitting better now that he is off steroids. :lol:

SloKid
Oct 1st, 2005, 06:14 PM
So the Sox evened thing out last night with that win. The second game of the series has started, Yankees are 5:2 up in the top of the third.
Both these times are a game ahead of the Indians in the wildcard race.
One of them must fall out of the playoff, so this series would really mean something.

RenaSlam.
Oct 1st, 2005, 06:22 PM
Go Yankeees

KV
Oct 1st, 2005, 06:36 PM
Good luck Yankees.

ampers&
Oct 1st, 2005, 06:40 PM
The second game of the series has started, Yankees are 5:2 up in the top of the third.
Ugh...I hate the Yankees...:ras:

SloKid
Oct 1st, 2005, 07:17 PM
Ugh...I hate the Yankees...:ras:

Well you should probably not read this post then.
The Yankees are 7:2 up in the top of the seventh. But Indians are losing as well to the White Sox, so the Red Sox will still be a game up in the wild card race.

Staticbeef
Oct 1st, 2005, 08:34 PM
Go Sox!!!!!:rocker2: Damn Miching, this is the first thing that we ever disagrred on, an you a DC girl :rolleyes:

Yanks Clinch AL East Title
New York wins its eighth straight AL East title. With an 8-4 win over the Red Sox at Fenway, the Yankees clinch the division crown thanks to the White Sox's win over Cleveland. Box Score |

ampers&
Oct 1st, 2005, 08:39 PM
Damn Miching, this is the first thing that we ever disagrred on, an you a DC girl :rolleyes:

Yanks Clinch AL East Title
New York wins its eighth straight AL East title. With an 8-4 win over the Red Sox at Fenway, the Yankees clinch the division crown thanks to the White Sox's win over Cleveland. Box Score |
:lol:
I'm sorry but I HATE the Yankees :ras:. I'm not even that much of a Red Sox fan.
The Yanks could have been playing ANY team (except for maybe the Braves)and I would've rooted against them.
My teams are the Nationals and the Orioles...both of which suck, but I love them anyway.:angel:

Staticbeef
Oct 1st, 2005, 08:42 PM
:lol:
I'm sorry but I HATE the Yankees :ras:. I'm not even that much of a Red Sox fan.
The Yanks could have been playing ANY team (except for maybe the Braves)and I would've rooted against them.
My teams are the Nationals and the Orioles...both of which suck, but I love them anyway.:angel:

You got to see them in person, and in Yankee stadium, no rush in the world can match that. I guess it had to happen sooner or later, well at least you dont like Atlanta either, still :hearts: ya baby

ampers&
Oct 1st, 2005, 08:45 PM
You got to see them in person, and in Yankee stadium, no rush in the world can match that. I guess it had to happen sooner or later, well at least you dont like Atlanta either, still :hearts: ya baby
i :hearts: you too babe.:hug:
Don't like the Braves either?
Sweet...:dance:....

lizchris
Oct 1st, 2005, 09:03 PM
Yankees win 8-4 and since Cleveland lost 4-3, the Yankees win the AL East divison. They will know by the earliest tomorrow afternoon who they will play in the Division series. Regardless of whoever they play in the Division Series, they will host the first two games.

GO YANKEES!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

spokenword73
Oct 1st, 2005, 09:23 PM
Oh Happy Day :smooch:Yankees!

SloKid
Oct 1st, 2005, 09:32 PM
I`m not a Yankee hater nor a Sox lover, but just a quick reminder. Who won the AL East last year? Who led 3:0 in the ALCS? Who won the World Series?
All that I`m saying I would not be starting my celebrations yet.

Staticbeef
Oct 1st, 2005, 10:37 PM
I`m not a Yankee hater nor a Sox lover, but just a quick reminder. Who won the AL East last year? Who led 3:0 in the ALCS? Who won the World Series?
All that I`m saying I would not be starting my celebrations yet.

We are allowed to celebrate one series at a time. :bigclap: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :bigclap:

Justin
Oct 2nd, 2005, 01:10 AM
Yanks :banana:

spokenword73
Oct 2nd, 2005, 01:14 AM
We are allowed to celebrate one series at a time. :bigclap: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :bigclap:

Holla! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker::worship:

LUIS9
Oct 2nd, 2005, 11:35 PM
Hahahaha haha ha, THE yanks may have won the al east league series, but boy was that spanking they were getting 10-1 by mid 7th inning!

Way to go Red Sox, keep it coming, they may have taken the lead but it aint over yet.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

YEAH :yeah:

Diesel
Oct 3rd, 2005, 12:51 AM
I'm not a Yankees fan, but I like Alex and Bernie. I hope they win. Even though I dislike the whole buying a team tag the Yankees have, it's way better than the evil empire, woe is me whining crap all of Boston basically had a copy right on.

lizchris
Oct 3rd, 2005, 02:13 AM
Hahahaha haha ha, THE yanks may have won the al east league series, but boy was that spanking they were getting 10-1 by mid 7th inning!

Way to go Red Sox, keep it coming, they may have taken the lead but it aint over yet.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

YEAH :yeah:

I highly doubt the Yankees are crying over losing 10-1 when they didn't need this game as much as the Red Sox did.:rolleyes:

At least they didn't back into thr playoffs; they got in by winning on their own, not waitng for someone to lose and then winning.

Barrie_Dude
Oct 3rd, 2005, 02:15 AM
Sox won tonite I think! That means that Yankees and Sox have the same record, the Yanks take the division, and, because Clevland lost, the Sox get the wild card! This will be interesting! I hope we get another Yankees/Red Sox ALCS! :woohoo:

spokenword73
Oct 3rd, 2005, 12:15 PM
Go Yankees, give the (so-called L.A. :mad:) Angels a New York beatdown!

Barrie_Dude
Oct 3rd, 2005, 02:15 PM
Looking forward to the Sox sticking it to the Yankees!

the bambi
Oct 3rd, 2005, 02:44 PM
uh hello. there are other teams, you know. braves. astros. padres. cardinals. it's always about the american league. :yawn:

tenn_ace
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:14 PM
griffin should ban all Yankees fans for the duration of play-off ;)

GO SOX!

griffin
Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:28 PM
uh hello. there are other teams, you know. braves. astros. padres. cardinals. it's always about the american league. :yawn:

You're welcome to post a thread about them (I'm cheering for San Diego in the NL - mostly because I like Dave Roberts :) )

Go Sox!

Go Dave!

(go Angels! ;) )

Shenay La Soul
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:22 PM
Papi=MVP. Case closed.

tenn_ace
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:28 PM
Papi=MVP. Case closed.

:worship:

Martian KC
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:31 PM
I agree about Papi, but Manny and ARod has the numbers this year. I think it'll come down to them.

griffin
Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:38 PM
If Manny gets MVP, I'll hurl.

It should be down to ARod and Ortiz. I'm not partial to having pitchersor dh's get the MVP, but if Papi's not on the roster, the Sox are not even near being in contention. Period. If that doesn't make him MVP material, I don't know what does.

Barrie_Dude
Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
I like Manny, and Ortiz is great. But I have to admit that Johnny Damon is still my fave from the Sox

Barrie_Dude
Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:22 PM
uh hello. there are other teams, you know. braves. astros. padres. cardinals. it's always about the american league. :yawn:Actually, I am not interested in anything but the Red Sox sticking it to the Yankess again!

spokenword73
Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:32 PM
Actually, I am not interested in anything but the Red Sox sticking it to the Yankess again!

In my worst nightmare...never happen two years in a row...Derek Jeter=MVP:wavey:

Barrie_Dude
Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:43 PM
In my worst nightmare...never happen two years in a row...Derek Jeter=MVP:wavey:Never say never! The Sox pulled off a miracle last year that was not supposed to happen! No way was a team that was down 3 games to none supposed to come back and win the ALCS especially against the Yanks!

spokenword73
Oct 5th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Yankees Spank Angels, 4-2 :bounce:
Red Sox stink up the joint, lose 14-2 :lol:

lizchris
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Never say never! The Sox pulled off a miracle last year that was not supposed to happen! No way was a team that was down 3 games to none supposed to come back and win the ALCS especially against the Yanks!

If they go down 2-0, in a short series (best-of-5), they'd be in big trouble because they will have little room for error.

spokenword73
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:33 PM
If they go down 2-0, in a short series (best-of-5), they'd be in big trouble because they will have little room for error.
:worship:
down 2-0 would mean the end of the road for the Bosox:sad: ;) :)

griffin
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:40 PM
It hasn't in the past :) i actually like their chances BETTER with their backs to the wall.

lizchris
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:45 PM
It hasn't in the past :) i actually like their chances BETTER with their backs to the wall.

This isn't the same team from last year. They don't have Pedro, Lowe or Foulke. Schilling isn't healthy, Damon isn't getting on base. If they can't get past those problems, they aren't going to the ALCS.

spokenword73
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Yankees had better keep an eye on the White Sox...they could be this year's darkhorse.
I hate when that happens. :o

griffin
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:57 PM
The Yankees had better keep their eyes on the team in front of them or they won't have to worry about anybody's Sox (which I'm sure they're smart enough to know, anyway).

No, indeed, the Sox pitching staff is not what it was a year ago. They still managed to finish the season basically tied with the Yankees for the AL East with worse pitching and less run production than last year - so I wouldn't count them out until they actually are out.

lizchris
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:22 PM
The Yankees had better keep their eyes on the team in front of them or they won't have to worry about anybody's Sox (which I'm sure they're smart enough to know, anyway).

No, indeed, the Sox pitching staff is not what it was a year ago. They still managed to finish the season basically tied with the Yankees for the AL East with worse pitching and less run production than last year - so I wouldn't count them out until they actually are out.

The Yankees know that they have to win two more games to get to the next round. They aren't dumb enough to think they cna't lose the next three games, but if they win tonight, they will be a great position to move on to the next round.

griffin
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:31 PM
The Yankees know that they have to win two more games to get to the next round. They aren't dumb enough to think they cna't lose the next three games,

Thanks for agreeing with me ;)

gentenaire
Oct 5th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Go yankees!

SloKid
Oct 8th, 2005, 08:49 AM
All that hype for nothing?
Red Sox are out of the playoffs already, swept by the White Sox.
Yankees could follow soon, Angels lead the series 2:1.

lizchris
Oct 8th, 2005, 06:22 PM
If the Yankees follow the Red Sox out, it will have to wait until Sunday as Saturday's game has been rained out (it has rained in the NY are all day). Game 4 has been rescheduled for Sunday night. Obviously, this is a must win for the Yankees.

spokenword73
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:47 AM
If the Yankees follow the Red Sox out, it will have to wait until Sunday as Saturday's game has been rained out (it has rained in the NY are all day). Game 4 has been rescheduled for Sunday night. Obviously, this is a must win for the Yankees.

Must win, must win....:confused: Not sure the pitching will hold up to take the series:mad:

griffin
Oct 9th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Oh well. How many days 'till pitchers and catchers?

Martian KC
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:21 PM
It's only right if yankees are eliminated as well.;)

Martian KC
Oct 11th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Wow, Angels d. Yankees 5-3.:o

They're both out.:rofl:

ampers&
Oct 11th, 2005, 11:02 AM
:yippee:

SelesFan70
Oct 11th, 2005, 12:56 PM

They're both out.:rofl:

:banana: :haha:

Black Mamba.
Oct 11th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Yessssssss I can't stand either team so I'm glad they both lost

cynicole
Oct 11th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Both teams really stunk so much this year [compared to last year] that they both deserved to be out.

Go [other] Sox!

LUIS9
Oct 11th, 2005, 11:31 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, The yanks lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its all I cared for!!!!!! Too bad the Sox lost too, but Go angels, hopefully they win the World series. My dad likes them and I dont mind them. Oh happy day!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :woohoo: :yeah:

Barrie_Dude
Nov 12th, 2005, 12:59 AM
What are my beloved Sox doing? :eek: