PDA

View Full Version : "One Tree" Split

Rocketta
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:00 PM
"One Tree" Split

By Gina SerpeTue Sep 27, 2:57 PM ET

First came love, then came marriage, then came the quickie separation.

One Tree Hill costars Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush have separated after just five months of marriage, Bush's rep, Cece Yorke, confirmed to E!.

Both halves of the celebrity couple released statements expressing their takes on the split.

"I am saddened to announce that Sophia and I are separating," Murray, 24, said in a statement to People magazine, which first reported the split. "This is a very difficult time for me."

Bush, 23, released a similar message to the press.

"This is a difficult and unfortunate situation," Bush said. "I am glad this is being resolved sooner rather than later."

No details were given on what exactly put such an abrupt end to the young couple's honeymoon period, but whatever trouble may have been brewing in paradise, there were no outward signs of marital strife.

Last month, Murray showed up solo for the 2005 Teen Choice Awards, but credited his wife's absence to her working on location. After nabbing the surfboard for Choice Male Hottie, he even thanked his "beautiful wife for putting [the audience] up to this."

The pin-up worthy couple first met on the set of their WB drama in 2003. Murray popped the question last May, just shy of their one-year anniversary as a couple, while filming the horror remake House of Wax in Australia.

The camera-ready cuties swapped vows in a seaside ceremony in Santa Monica last April in front of 200 guests, including their fellow WB costars.

There has been no word on whether the couple's split will affect their One Tree Hill storyline this year. Last season's two-hour finale had Murray's Luke and Bush's Brooke finally heading into steamy coupledom.

The series' third season premiere kicks off Oct. 5.

Rocketta
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:02 PM
:music:
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get you too
:music:

Scotso
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:03 PM
People that young that build their careers on wooing young girls and boys are making a big career mistake by getting married, anyway.

Rocketta
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:05 PM
People that young that build their careers on wooing young girls and boys are making a big career mistake by getting married, anyway.

maybe, but what's the biggest mistake is possible ruining your show....somehow I'm wondering if the wedding wasn't more of a publicity thing....because if it wasn't then something went really wrong in the relationship and I wonder if they could even put it aside to work together?

Scotso
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Do you watch the show?

I mean, I think they probably would, but if they can't it's no big loss for me ;)

But one of the girls on that show, Hillary Burton, is my friend's sister. I went to college with him and he's a great guy and his sister is a sweet girl, so it would suck for her to be out of a job.

Rocketta
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:13 PM
No I don't watch the show.....but I do want it to succeed because it's taped in Wilmington, NC and they were happy to have a successful show after Dawson's Creek wrapped.

StarDuvallGrant
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Does dating within the office every truly work?

Rocketta
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Does dating within the office every truly work?

:lol:

I don't know but frankly at my age I'm willing to try. :hehehe:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I don't know how to react!!! Chad is single again :bounce:

But I do like Brooke in the show!!

PaulieM
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:55 PM
they were cute together, but people that get married that young hardly make it

beauty_is_pink
Sep 28th, 2005, 01:48 AM
can't say I'm surprised :rolleyes:

but they are soooo cute together!!! damnnn

Wigglytuff
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:28 AM
i aint never heard of these people can someone post pics of them?

BigB08822
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:31 AM
I'll comfort him!

PaulieM
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:34 AM
i aint never heard of these people can someone post pics of them?
chad michael murray

Wigglytuff
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:44 AM
thanks pauliem,

beauty_is_pink
Sep 28th, 2005, 02:48 AM
the pair

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/movie_pix/critics_choice/critics_choice_awards_2005_photos/_group_photos/chad_michael_murray3.jpg

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/a_cinderella_story/_group_photos/sofia_bush28.jpg

ginger_fish668
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:30 AM
I am not surprised. They are too young to be married....and in Hollywood of all places!

Lady
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:46 AM
I always love when On-screen couple make it Off-screan as well.
And i'm always sad when they break up! :sad:

Wendy Williams
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Well I can only hope Meagan Good and Joseph Gordon Levitt last as long. Your 20's are for your career and having fun so I don't know what these two were thinking.

Harju.
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:39 PM
BRITNEY SPEARS AND THE PRICK's MARRAIGE LASTS LONGER THAN at least 5 married Hollywood couple. Who would have thought of that?

Anyhow, poor Sophie :bigcry:. DUNZO

hingis-seles
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:45 PM
I watch One Tree Hill. I like it. Not as much as The O.C. but I like it. :)

I feel bad for him. Brooke's a hottie!

marmite1
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:01 PM
She's fit, he's minging.