PDA

View Full Version : Presents for diabetic people! PLEASE READ!

lindsayno1
Sep 27th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Ok im getting my physiotherapist a prezzie cos its my last session tomorrow, but shes diabetic. Diabetic chocolates are mingin, so what can I get... i dont really have any knowledge in this area.

Can they eat normal chocolate e/g Rosies, quality street etc (only british people will know these)?
I was thinking a bottle of red wine. Can they drink that?
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Maryamator
Sep 27th, 2005, 01:18 PM
no idea sorry:(

*JR*
Sep 27th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Ok im getting my physiotherapist a prezzie cos its my last session tomorrow, but shes diabetic. Diabetic chocolates are mingin, so what can I get... i dont really have any knowledge in this area.

Can they eat normal chocolate e/g Rosies, quality street etc (only british people will know these)?
I was thinking a bottle of red wine. Can they drink that?
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Why not a non-food present, so she doesn't have to feel embarrassed acceping it, then probably giving it to someone else? Most wine is actually more laden with the "problematic" simple sugars than many (dark) chocolates, BTW.

DutchieGirl
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:42 PM
lmao not only brits know roses and quality streets, and diabetic chocolate isn't that bad. I got some in the UK last year for a diabetic friend here in Oz, and she loved it! :shrug:

But yeah, why does it have to be a food gift? You can get her flowers, or a mug or a figurine (ok not a kids one) or something else... ;)

Grachka
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:52 PM
lmao not only brits know roses and quality streets, and diabetic chocolate isn't that bad. I got some in the UK last year for a diabetic friend here in Oz, and she loved it! :shrug:

But yeah, why does it have to be a food gift? You can get her flowers, or a mug or a figurine (ok not a kids one) or something else... ;)
Well, then there is the problem of whether her physiotherapist eats flowers or mugs. Better to get a low sugar bouquet to be sure.

BigB08822
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I would stay away from any sugar free candies. They can cause horrible gastrointestinal problems for many people.

Why not a gift certificate to a nice restaurant? What about a fruit basket? Fruit is high in sugar but diabetics still need some fruit in their diet. Maybe a gift certificate to a spa where she can get a massage or something?

DutchieGirl
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Well, then there is the problem of whether her physiotherapist eats flowers or mugs. Better to get a low sugar bouquet to be sure.

:lol: As I said before... why does it have to be a food gift? :ras: :p

lindsayno1
Sep 27th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Maybe a gift certificate to a spa where she can get a massage or something?

Lol im not made of money! Its a nice idea, but im skint!