PDA

View Full Version : tv on dvd yay or nay?

Wigglytuff
Sep 26th, 2005, 10:48 PM
TV on DVD what are your thoughts?
it feels like every tv show that was remotely popular has ended up on dvd. what do you guys think about this?

controlfreak
Sep 26th, 2005, 11:19 PM
It's good. If you miss a show completely, or miss several episodes of a season, but you like that show, you can buy the DVD and watch it at your leisure instead of waiting for re-runs (because you invariably miss the very same episode you missed the first time round). Perhaps TiVo people don't have this problem. Also, you can buy shows from your past which no longer run, for nostalgic viewing. They're good for marathon viewing sessions too - one day my friend and I are going to get season 1 of 24 and attempt to watch every episode back to back over a 24-hour period :yeah:

Having said that, I'm generally against DVDs because they're the type of thing you spend good money on and then only watch once. I'd prefer to get hold of the shows for free (that's what the internet is for ;) )

Rocketta
Sep 26th, 2005, 11:19 PM
That's YayX10,000

I love watching shows on DVD especially the ones I didn't get a chance to watch when they were actually on TV.....That's how I've seen every episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Farscape. :angel:

Cariaoke
Sep 27th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Of course it's handy but only if they take the time to have good bonus features. I like commentaries and bloopers.

Although I don't buy the sets... :o ;)

Martian Willow
Sep 27th, 2005, 12:39 AM
I don't watch TV much and keep missing everything I want to see. I'm always just catching the end of Arrested Development because I forgot it was on. But, from the end of this week I don't have a bandwidth limit on my internet, so goodbye DVD, hello torrents. :D

That's a sort-of-yay, by the way.

Gowza
Sep 27th, 2005, 01:37 AM
yeah it's very good, some shows you watch you'll never get tired of and it's good to have them at home able to watch them whenever you want, costs a bit for the long running series' though.

Wigglytuff
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:04 AM
dudes google is now doing streaming broadcasts of tv shows.

http://video.google.com/chris.html

beauty_is_pink
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Yay!

Barrie_Dude
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:12 AM
I like DVD-TV!

Wigglytuff
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:21 AM
does anyone know where i can get a list of all the shows that are on dvd on tv?

Steam
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:58 AM
Its the only way I can see shows like "Curb Your Enthuasism" since I'm too cheap for HBO. Plus, I used to tape every episode of "Seinfeld" but now I can just buy the DVDs. A major plus.

*Karen*
Sep 27th, 2005, 08:00 AM
I think it's a good idea. If you're a big fan of the show you want to be able to watch it again whenever you want. I buy all the Simpsons DVDs

marmite1
Sep 27th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Im waiting for the season 2 boxset of the L word :)

waratahsrock
Sep 27th, 2005, 08:44 AM
It's great,
However, the one series - or even a couple of episodes i'd love to get my hands on is Growing Pains :worship:
that was the greatest series of all time!

Jarrett
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:19 AM
does anyone know where i can get a list of all the shows that are on dvd on tv?
http://tvshowsondvd.com/

bionic71
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I just bought the WONDER WOMAN series.....how exciting!

Jarrett
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:23 AM
It's great,
However, the one series - or even a couple of episodes i'd love to get my hands on is Growing Pains :worship:
that was the greatest series of all time!
Growing Pains Season 1 will be out next spring.

Wigglytuff
Sep 27th, 2005, 12:12 PM
http://tvshowsondvd.com/
sweet thank you

PaulieM
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:13 PM
it's fun to get oldschool shows that they don't show reruns of, and new stuff if you just really liked it or didn't see the entire season. :)

Maryamator
Sep 27th, 2005, 05:02 PM
yay:p

Rocketta
Sep 27th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Man they have Silk Stalkings on DVD and I want that series bad but they price those suckers way too high. :mad:

Cariaoke
Sep 27th, 2005, 05:08 PM
do like I do... rent and burn.

But if I really like the show, I'll buy 'em.

Rocketta
Sep 27th, 2005, 05:17 PM
do like I do... rent and burn.

But if I really like the show, I'll buy 'em.

Yeah I'll probably rent but not burn.....I try to limit my copyright infringement to an occassional song or two. :tape:

!<blocparty>!
Sep 27th, 2005, 05:31 PM
It's amazing. I can watch a whole Series of 24 in like 16 hours :cool:

geoepee
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:59 AM
One show that's not on DVD right now and I'd like to purchase/view is Martin starring Martin Lawrence and Tisha Campbell.

I dont know why is Martin's not on DVD, it was a very popular series..

Wigglytuff
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:46 AM
One show that's not on DVD right now and I'd like to purchase/view is Martin starring Martin Lawrence and Tisha Campbell.

I dont know why is Martin's not on DVD, it was a very popular series..
ummm the lawsuit.

but still if it came out on dvd i would get it. and i would love LIVING SINGLE!!!