PDA

View Full Version : Anna and the European Indoors

Shonami Slam
Sep 24th, 2005, 09:26 PM
i thought we might just jam it all up in one thread - but i can change it if needed.

Anna begins her indoor-courts campaign against the injured veteran Farina-Elia.
a great chance for a quality win.

tobi
Sep 24th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Best possible seeded player to play with now.

Good Luck Anna :hug:

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 26th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Good luck Anna you can win!

Makkabi
Sep 26th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Goodluck SmashNova!

Meteor Shower
Sep 26th, 2005, 06:55 PM
good luck Anna :D
finish the season with good results :bounce:

Meteor Shower
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:42 PM
solid win for Anna. 6-2 6-0. :D
little bit sad for Silvia tough :sad:

Next round vs. DANIILIDOU Eleni / GROENEFELD Anna-Lena

King Aaron
Sep 27th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Very good win for Anna, Silvia isn't in the best of forms at all but great job by Anna. Good for her confidence. :yeah:

Shonami Slam
Sep 27th, 2005, 07:20 PM
next round should be raelly much tougher - though groenefeld is playing a scrapy game lately, and eleni is nothing near her point-to-point consistency from her best times.
i'll be suprised if anna beats any of them though, but she's already suprised me before, and this IS carpet, IMO the surface where she puts the wierdest upsets.

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Nice win Anna! Good luck in your next match!

King Aaron
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:18 PM
next round should be raelly much tougher - though groenefeld is playing a scrapy game lately, and eleni is nothing near her point-to-point consistency from her best times.
i'll be suprised if anna beats any of them though, but she's already suprised me before, and this IS carpet, IMO the surface where she puts the wierdest upsets.
Weirdest upsets...haha I totally agree. ;)
Best of luck against A-L! You never know, A-L might not be able to handle all those balls back. :)

Shonami Slam
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:35 PM
never fun to play a furious beaten finalist, especially when that beaten finalist is one of the hardest servers on tour and hits head-high shots that our tiny anna doesn't cope with well.
she also hits some wonderous down the lines. it will come to the winner/unforced error ratio from anna-lena, because she has the superior hand in fast courts.
good luck anyway, she should try and some how come run ALG across the court as that girl has some serious problems with her footwork.

Shonami Slam
Sep 29th, 2005, 09:38 PM
like i thought - tough loss, 6-1 6-2.
lots of love games from the huge serving german.
next week in filderstadt? let's hope so.
looking back at anna's last few years in the carpet/indoor season - she always upsets some top30 players. i'm no surface expert, but i'm guessing somehow it suits her well with the spin she has that doesn't lose as much as it does on grass.
let's hope for a nice draw - i'd like to see her with back2back wins before the season is done.

King Aaron
Sep 30th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Anna :sad: