PDA

View Full Version : Since what time are you a fan of Lena?

Dementirilenko
Sep 23rd, 2005, 08:57 AM
Hi guys,

I think this thread has already been posted (sry for bad grammar) a few times before, but in spite of that....since what time/match are you supporting this amazing lady from Russia?
I started supporting her after I saw her match against Mauresmo at last year's US - Open - quaterfinals. I know that this is a bit late to recognize such a great and beautiful player but I was always watching ATP - tennis before.

cerbero
Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:10 AM
Since that Red Outfit...

Chunchun
Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:53 AM
Hong Kong Exhibition in Jan 2003 :D

she lost in str sets to eventual runner-up Rubin.

Russia-Rulez
Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:51 PM
Since US Open 2004...so yes the red outfit aswell

evinrude15
Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:31 PM
since olympic games 2000 and us open 2000.....a long time ago so ;)

cerbero
Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:49 PM
This outfit

Mathijs
Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:25 PM
Looong time ago, I am a fan of Elena since 1997, the year before Lena became pro, When Lena became pro i became an even bigger fan of Lena (think i saw her pic and some story/report when she played a ITF tourney, i just fell in love with her immediately) so u could say i am one of Lena's long life fans ;)

I was 14 when i became fan, so 8 years already, am 22 now ;)

Fearful Jesuit
Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:36 PM
US Open 2000
that well remembered SF against Davenport...

Paco
Sep 23rd, 2005, 05:53 PM
US Open 2000.
I saw her and, you know what happened ;)

Russia-Rulez
Sep 23rd, 2005, 06:13 PM
This outfit

No the other red outfit haha :D

Danči Dementia
Sep 23rd, 2005, 07:06 PM
since she play here in mexico in acapulco in 2002 she was runner-up and i saw her match actually I went to that tournament to see anna kournikova she didnt want to sing my poster so i saw elena and she even kiss me in the chick so Im abig fan of her and she is so nice an so much more prettier than kournikova

Vamos Feńa
Sep 23rd, 2005, 07:56 PM
US Open 2000
I thought what a cute girl :kiss: And how lovely and funny she grunts :kiss:
Since then I lost interst in tennis, quite accidently but everything changed in May 2001 I fall in love with Dokic and I managed to find in my brain a girl called "Dementieva" ;)

Prizeidiot
Sep 24th, 2005, 08:48 AM
2004, Sydney.

Had no idea who she was, but I saw her have a hit, and after, she was very nice to me. I had no interest in womens tennis at the time, so I decided to go for her.

kammgretel
Sep 24th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Hmmm, I hope I could know her since her mom gave birth to her in the hospital...

http://fool.exler.ru/sm/alc.gif haha, i am drunk

SloKid
Sep 24th, 2005, 06:53 PM
I was a bit of a fan/supporter ever since she first came on the tour. But I truly became a fan around that time that Russia played Slovenia in Fed Cup in Portorož a couple of years ago.

strato
Sep 26th, 2005, 11:51 AM
US Open 2000
that well remembered SF against Davenport...

;) I discovered Lena during this match. She was the most beautiful fighter I had never seen... :hearts: :lol:

Lennval
Sep 26th, 2005, 02:38 PM
us open 2000 of course, first time I saw her, in 3round against Conchita

P.L.B.
Sep 26th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Well for me, I don't know exactly. I supported her since I knew about her, but I guess I became a "real" fan the first time I was able to see her play in 2003.

P.L.B.
Sep 27th, 2005, 07:28 AM
since olympic games 2000 and us open 2000.....a long time ago so ;)

And today is exactly 5 years since the Olympic final.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Sep 27th, 2005, 07:39 AM

awww...

DEETHELICK
Sep 27th, 2005, 08:51 AM
USO Open 2000 SF, however I saw her defeat Lindsay and Kim back to back at the Chase Championships and I was stunned! :D

Paco
Sep 27th, 2005, 10:31 AM
OH, how nice

El Dirko
Sep 27th, 2005, 11:05 PM
When Anke Huber retired (01 season from memory) I needed somebody new to support.

So that would be 2002 sometime when I switched on to Elena.

No Name Face
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:32 AM
I had always been a WS fan...since Serena won her first GS against Hingis.

I never followed women's tennis much but I had heard of this Dementieva character who apparently couldn't serve but could beat the best players. So the first time I saw her on TV was the U.S. Open Semifinal (2004) against Capriati and watching her play the first set (a bagel, btw) I was floored by her beauty and talent. She is my absolute favorite now, even over Serena (but it's pretty close). I root for Elena more cuz Serena has won everything worth winning.

Nikki-B
Sep 28th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I became a fan during USO '04 during the match with Capriati.

I was rooting for Capriati, because I like seeing players win on home ground, and found myself unxpectedly cheering for Elena and I have been fan ever since and I always will be. :)

shady
Sep 28th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Hi! i'm new here, but I've been a fan of Elena since just this year when i saw her play at the US Open. Her beauty and talent with a racket amazed me :hearts: :drool:

giocab
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:01 PM
i can

giocab
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:05 PM
ooops.... hehe, i can't point a finger to when i started to like elena, i mean, it seems to me that i adore her since always... but i became a little more addicted to her last year, with roland garros and us open! i just love to see her play!

shady
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:28 AM
yeah she plays a very exciting game

@m@nd@
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:02 AM
2000 :)

Drimal
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:57 AM
I'm a fan of Elena Dementieva since her crazy match against Anne Kremer 1:6 7:5 7:6(14) during Key Biscane 2002! :angel: :worship:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Sep 29th, 2005, 08:04 AM
:)

mostefan
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:52 PM
I'm a recent fan. Noticed her only at AO-1999, had no possibility to follow juniors :( Soon became her fan. As my #1 player of that time was MartinaH, Lena achieved that position some later, after uneasy internal struggle :)

JC Federer
Sep 29th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I first noticed her in an Xbox tennis game, Top Spin. I liked her blue outfit, and I thought she played well in the game. She was my favorite, and only player I picked. But I still didn't know a thing about her... and Myskina was my favorite Russian.

Roland Garros '04, I saw her amazing results... (Bagel against Suarez in the SF was impressive) I really started to like her. But still happy that Myskina won.

US Open '04... this did a lot to make me a fan. The Capriati match, 7-6 in the third was a thrilling battle, with a bagel in the first set. Another GS final against a Russian. I was excited. But alas, she lost to Sveta. I didn't mind that at the time, I was happy for Sveta.

But later on I realized Sveta was not a very nice person I thought she was, and something she said about Lena in Moscow I thought was very off putting. And then I realized, I wish Lena won the US Open.

Now I realize she missed two very big chances. They may not come again. It doesn't happen often that you make a GS final.

I became a fan pretty much from USO '04.

JC Federer
Sep 29th, 2005, 04:23 PM
2004, Sydney.

Had no idea who she was, but I saw her have a hit, and after, she was very nice to me. I had no interest in womens tennis at the time, so I decided to go for her.

What did she do or say?

I should come to Sydney some time...

Or just stop being a cheap ass and buy tickets to Melbourne Park. ;)

They keep inflating the ticket prices every year though... I dunno.

You know what... I was watching Sydney this year, and I couldn't stand the hype they putting on Sam Stosur for making the final against Molik... she got it courtesy of TWO walkovers! One from #1 Lindsay Davenport, and the second from Lena herself! If she had to fight thru those matches, I can guarantee you she would not have made the final. And Molik would not have been champion either. Sam got lucky, simple as that. She did not deserve to be in the final, or at least credited for it. Her first round defeat to Mauresmo at the AO is evidence enough.

amateurismisokay
Sep 29th, 2005, 04:44 PM
quarter final USO '04 against mauresmo.. never really watched wta again since hingis retired, but accidentally i watched that game. i was amazed by her struggle against her thigh injury.. i thought she was a great fighter, and followed by the semifinal game against jcap.. wow!!!