PDA

View Full Version : My shocking confession.

vogus
Sep 22nd, 2005, 10:09 PM
Yes, i have to admit it. Years ago, i didn't used to like Lena. I thought her forehand wasn't technically correct. I thought her backhand didn't have enough oomph. I thought her legs were too long. I didn't like the "ooh-WOOH!" sound she makes when she hits the ball. I thought her mother was a bad coach. I thought her movement on the court was awkward. I thought her hair was too blonde. I didn't like her accent. She struck me as too much of a bookworm. As far as i was concerned she was just another Russian. And the most shocking admission of all - i didn't find her sexy.

but oh how fate has gotten its revenge on me... :angel: :angel: :angel:

DementievaStyle
Sep 22nd, 2005, 10:59 PM
Her fore hand "not technically correct" :lol: . I am sorry im sure you are a nice person, but how could any tennis fan ever think that about Elenas forehand? Its always been one of the BEST forehands in the game, with the timing and ball connection near perfect everytime. Very strange comment.

vogus
Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:54 AM
Her fore hand "not technically correct" :lol: . I am sorry im sure you are a nice person, but how could any tennis fan ever think that about Elenas forehand? Its always been one of the BEST forehands in the game, with the timing and ball connection near perfect everytime. Very strange comment.

it was a big oversight on my part, because now Lena's forehand is my favorite stroke on the tour.

~Dementievaitis~
Sep 23rd, 2005, 01:40 AM
don't worry. you have my back.
here's my confession:devil:

the first ever match I saw Elena was the Olympic SF
at that time, I was actually cheering for Dokic
I don't know why but Elena's body to me is very 'giantic'
not to say attractive, I even think it's abnormal
She reminds me Lindsay.....

Lucky enough, I was able to fall in love of Elena's game and herself (of course) 2 years later in Hong Kong. The first ever time I saw her fighting spirit:bounce:

Dementinator
Sep 23rd, 2005, 03:06 AM
now this is getting wierd? Lenas body abnormal?? hmmm

well she is tall and she is very muscular ,so in that sense its not the "norm" but shes not like Lindsay ,Lindasy used to be pretty overweight and even now she has no muscle tone at all..

I suppose a lot of guys are not attracted to powerfully built girls ,but Elena carries it of beautifully and still maintains her femininity despite her muscularity..

Soo then ,I suppose we can forgive those of you whoare late to noticing the golden goddesses many attributes ,just dont let it happen again!!!

vogus
Sep 23rd, 2005, 03:52 AM
don't use the words "Lena" and "body" in the same sentence unless you want to make me blush :o :angel:

kammgretel
Sep 23rd, 2005, 06:56 AM
vogus, who are your favourites players so? :)

I like her in the "first view" when she played vs Venus... so different comparing with another women tennis players :hearts:

miffedmax
Sep 23rd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Yes, i have to admit it. Years ago, i didn't used to like Lena. I thought her forehand wasn't technically correct. I thought her backhand didn't have enough oomph. I thought her legs were too long. I didn't like the "ooh-WOOH!" sound she makes when she hits the ball. I thought her mother was a bad coach. I thought her movement on the court was awkward. I thought her hair was too blonde. I didn't like her accent. She struck me as too much of a bookworm. As far as i was concerned she was just another Russian. And the most shocking admission of all - i didn't find her sexy.

The legs, the "ohh-whooh," the accent and the bookwormishness are some of her best traits!

But there's not sense arguing over which elements of Lena are better than the others.

vogus
Sep 23rd, 2005, 06:29 PM
The legs, the "ohh-whooh," the accent and the bookwormishness are some of her best traits!

yes, yes, and yes! :)

vogus
Sep 23rd, 2005, 06:35 PM
vogus, who are your favourites players so? :)

i also like Patty (although i now realize that Lena is a much truer version of the player and person i once thought Patty was), and Nadya. It's a little funny that way because there is such a huge rivalry between Nadya and Lena and i hear they are not even on speaking terms. I think they are both such interesting girls.

Dementirilenko
Sep 23rd, 2005, 08:03 PM

Yeah, its nice to hear that you changed your opinion on her, well done!

matyika
Sep 24th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Dear me, do you wear black, nontransparent spectacles ? Anyway, there are people on the world not beeing able to discard the gold out of copper. To look and to see are two different matters.

JC Federer
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I like her squeal.. it's very soft and unique. It sounds cute. Better than those loud grunters like Sharapova or Seles or Williams.

I'm surprised that of all of her faults you pointed out, you didn't mention the serve. :eek:

miffedmax
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:35 PM
I like her squeal.. it's very soft and unique. It sounds cute. Better than those loud grunters like Sharapova or Seles or Williams.

I'm surprised that of all of her faults you pointed out, you didn't mention the serve. :eek:

When Elena wins her Grand Slam, I want her acceptance speech to be diabolical laughter, followed by the line: "Service? I don't need no steenking service!"

JC Federer
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:52 PM
If she does win her first major, I think it will be the Australian. With Juju back, the French is a tough assignment.

But you know what, I just reviewed some highlights from the Fed Cup final, and it seems her serve there wasn't that bad. At least not as bad as I saw it at Wimbledon. I think it's important that if she can't get any pace on the serve, to at least get a high percentage of 1st serves in. As it stands, she does neither. May as well serve underarm.

But yes, I hope her acceptance speech she'll stick her tongue out to naysayers.

Paco
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:22 AM
When Elena wins her Grand Slam, I want her acceptance speech to be diabolical laughter, followed by the line: "Service? I don't need no steenking service!"
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: