PDA

View Full Version : Can we please have a Dinara Safina section?

DementievaStyle
Sep 19th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Hi Alot of people (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=193919 and http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=17034 think its time that Dinara had her own sub-forum in the Russian Roulette section. :)

She is one of Russia most talented player, only 19, but FED cup success has shown how much talent she has. Her Cheering thread has over 35,000 views and nearly 5,000 replys, shes 22 in the world, 4 single 2double champoinships and is a FED cup winner. :bounce: :worship:

I think it would be alot easier to track and post info about Safina if she has her own sub-forum.

thanks!

:banana:

VeeDaQueen
Sep 20th, 2005, 04:28 AM
only top 10 players get them.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Sep 20th, 2005, 05:14 AM
well.... if you can have this... then I must object severely....

Nicole Vaidisova and Ana Ivanovic are my big reasons. Both are extremely popular and they deserve it more than anyone right now.

carot
Sep 21st, 2005, 06:27 PM
We're not so eager to create more separate player forums seeing they clog up the scroll down menu - allthough now with vbetting it's _always_ pretty clogged up :o

This is not that we deny the fact that Dinara is popular, is good or has lots of fans, just that we don't create new forums for everyone who has a fanbase here. My personal criteria are regular top tenner and/or GS winner.

Last time we created a forum for Kuznetsova people in Russian Roulette were even complaining we did so cos they preferred to keep everything in the single thread... so yeah... ;)

wtn_amanda
Sep 21st, 2005, 06:39 PM
We're not so eager to create more separate player forums seeing they clog up the scroll down menu - allthough now with vbetting it's _always_ pretty clogged up :o

Removed the archived vbetting forums from the forumjump now. They should never have been there. :o

DementievaStyle
Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:56 PM
But surely if Elena Bovina, Lina Krasnoroutskaya, Zvonareva and even Kournikova can have there own, then why cant Dinara?

wtn_amanda
Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:01 AM
But surely if Elena Bovina, Lina Krasnoroutskaya, Zvonareva and even Kournikova can have there own, then why cant Dinara?

Because those forums were created when we had a different policy. If somone had decide to create a fan site at the time, Dinara would have a forum here now. Now there's a new criteria that needs to be met that has been clearly explained to you and reasoned too.

*JR*
Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:12 AM
This is not that we deny the fact that Dinara is popular, is good or has lots of fans, just that we don't create new forums for everyone who has a fanbase here. My personal criteria are regular top tenner and/or GS winner.

Anna sure qualifies on both counts! :devil:

PaulieM
Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:54 AM
well.... if you can have this... then I must object severely....

Nicole Vaidisova and Ana Ivanovic are my big reasons. Both are extremely popular and they deserve it more than anyone right now.
i suggested a forum for ana a while back but for some odd reason people who weren't even fans were like she doesn't need one. if you're not going to post in it why do you care is what i thought but apparently they felt the need to be annoying and prevent fan's who want a forum for their player from having one. :shrug:
some players regardless of their rank have A LOT of fans and it would be nice to have a place to talk about them and have other info concerning them without having to read through pages(sometimes hundreds) to find a particular bit of info on them etc. :(

*Karen*
Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:17 AM
Oh well we'll get one soon when Dinara gets into the top ten

DementievaStyle
Sep 23rd, 2005, 01:39 PM
Hopefully, but I dont agree with that "top 10" rule. One of the reasons for the forum would be for all her many fans to discuss her rise towards the top 10, and then celebrate it if it happens. We love her as a tennis player even if she isnt in the top 10, those rankings dont mean much anyway.

Id also like to see the Kournikova one removed. As this is a tennis site, not a "celebrity" site, and dont know why she should have her very own section when she doesnt even play tennis.

Anik
Sep 26th, 2005, 11:47 PM
only top 10 players get them.

Kirilenko has her forum now :rolleyes:

aceman
Sep 26th, 2005, 11:59 PM
In my mind, Kournikova and Krasnoroutskaya are no longer desserving to have a section for them.. And Dinara despite she never won a GS or being in top 10 proved she's a steady top 25 player and she's still young.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:02 AM
amanda... is there anyway you can amend the policies?

Boss monkey
Sep 27th, 2005, 02:41 AM
amanda... is there anyway you can amend the policies?
ya amanda get rid of the Kirilenko forum, or start giveing more players a forum.

Tati & Dani
Sep 27th, 2005, 03:17 AM
The Kirilenko forum stays :p

_LuCaS_
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Must be that Dinara is not pretty enough ...