PDA

View Full Version : Lena's Fed Cup

Dementirilenko
Sep 18th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Lena did a perfect job at the Fed Cup final by winning her two singles matches - defeating Pierce and Mauresmo (!) - both in three sets and in two long matches. She showed us that her service is going to be better (nearly 70% of first serves in both matches and really not many doubles faults) and she showed us that she is in a good mental condition, cause it wasn't that easy for her after the loss by Myskina yesterday to play a good match against Mauresmo (Mauresmo lead in career meetings with 5.3 I think). It wasn't that easy for her ,cause she knew that she had to win this match because Myskina isn't that strong at the moment and it would be difficult to play for her against Pierce if Lena would have lost the match against Mauresmo. Now she won it and Myskina hasn't that much pressure on her shoulders, cause the Russian doubles team is very strong and if Myskina would loose her match, the doubles team can get the last point.
So now the Russian team has a good chance to win the Cup again because of this two important victories by Lena!

JC Federer
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Now she won it and Myskina hasn't that much pressure on her shoulders, cause the Russian doubles team is very strong and if Myskina would loose her match, the doubles team can get the last point.

I'm not sure if I agree on this point... Dinara said she wasn't mentally prepared for it, but will play it if asked. Doesn't sound like confidence to me. They're not the highest profile doubles team on the globe either.

But great job to Lena. She did her part, now it's out of her hands. Whatever happens, happens. She can relax knowing that win or lose, she's done all that can be asked of her. Right now Myskina is up 4-1 in the 2nd set against Pierce. Hopefully that's a first Fed Cup win for Lena.

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:47 PM
hopefuly lena is here this year!!!! I can't believe that nastya lost...this is a real fu*** year for her.... anyway spaciba lena!!! she realy wants to win it though

Dementirilenko
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Now Lena is playing doubles for Douchevina, don't know why, I think she and dinara will be a good douple.

Happy Guy
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Elena/Dinara win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6-4 1-6 6-3

Fed Cup was really won by Elena this year!

3 points in the final!

SloKid
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:57 PM
That is karma, what goes around comes around.

P.L.B.
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:09 PM
3 from 3, yes it was perfect

middy
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Elena/Dinara win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6-4 1-6 6-3

Fed Cup was really won by Elena this year!

3 points in the final!

ElenaD is the Fed cup heroine :hearts:

JC Federer
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:27 PM
It will be safe to say she will be on the team next year with Sharapova. But I do have to wonder who the other two (doubles) players will be.

DementievaStyle
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Elena was SO impressive it was scary. She hardly missed a single shot. She was like a machine out there this weekend.

She really loves her country and its obvious it means more to her to win FED cup than anything else.

:bounce:

Wombat
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Played like crazy
Won 3 ties
Hit sime aces
Amazing

Eugenia
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Great job Elena!!! You're just amazing!!! :worship:

Congratulations for winning the 2005 Fed Cup!!! :bigclap:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3232/elenafedcup3bi.jpg

Sweep
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Nice work Lena. She had a fantastic tie against the French. :)

Eat that Pierce. :lol:

TiK-Tee
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:42 PM
YeaH Elena

Mathijs
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:06 PM
It's all hers now (erm offcourse it's from the other players as well :lol: ) and i am soooo happy to see Lena winning this title, amazing results and performances this weekend by Lena :D :D :woohoo:

Lena ur on the right road, keep on continue now :D

Zoltan83
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:25 PM
:worship: :worship: Elena :bowdown: :bowdown: Winning your three matches :bounce: :bounce: So impressive...Great job :woohoo:

strato
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:34 PM
:bounce: :bounce:
Have you noticed that she was really relax during all her matches, even in tense moments she was able to smile or laugh...
Worship our champion... ELENA DEMENTIEVAAAAAAA !! :worship:

morningglory
Sep 18th, 2005, 08:04 PM
:yeah: salutations. Elena and Dinara were great today. congratulations!!!
Elena has taken out Pierce and Amelie twice. That's superb!!!! :yeah:

miffedmax
Sep 18th, 2005, 09:36 PM
I'm playing the 1812 Overture very loud to celebrate. Every time the cannons fire I think of a Lena forehand!

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 09:54 PM
I'm playing the 1812 Overture very loud to celebrate. Every time the cannons fire I think of a Lena forehand!
Congrats Max...her day as arrived...

Spookykitty
Sep 18th, 2005, 11:01 PM
:woohoo: Way to go Elena :woohoo:

Prizeidiot
Sep 19th, 2005, 08:26 AM
A very very impressive Fed Cup

Elena is queen

JC Federer
Sep 19th, 2005, 02:00 PM
As much as I'd rather Myskina have clinched it against Pierce, in a way it's made Elena an even bigger hero, since she's had to win 3 rubbers instead of 2. That makes her undeniably the star of the weekend.

Still, that was a very tense tie, with Myskina losing both her matches. That doubles match could have been anyone's.

meyerpl
Sep 19th, 2005, 03:48 PM
I am thrilled for Elena (!!), the Russian team and Dementieva fans. Huge weekend for Elena. I believe the best is yet to come for her. I wish things had gone better for Myskina. My heart goes out to her this year. On the positive side, what a one-two punch Myskina and Dementieva make. When one is having trouble, the other one steps up and gets it done!