PDA

View Full Version : can you help about Lena cheers?

ZeeKoei
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:33 AM
help me out plz :angel:

I shot a little movieclip of lena in her olympic game against nastya

http://zeekoei.brinkster.net/pictures/2004_olympics/vid/lena_ambi.wmv

what cheers does the crowd shout there?

Calliope.
Sep 18th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Can't help sorry :)

RayRob
Sep 18th, 2005, 01:41 PM
:shrug: Maybe I'm of no help what-so-ever but most of it just sounded like cheers and jeers......and some forms of "ole ole's" like you get at football (soccer) matches. Having said that, I don't speak Greek so can't pick out words like perhaps our Greek friends on this forum can :D

-Rache

guizzy
Sep 19th, 2005, 01:49 AM
I can hear only two cheers. The one is "Hellas ole ole I never stop to sing" and the other one is "Lena you can qualify". Of course they sound much better in Greek, when they are translated they are I think they are loosing they power.

ZeeKoei
Sep 19th, 2005, 07:30 AM
I can hear only two cheers. The one is "Hellas ole ole I never stop to sing" and the other one is "Lena you can qualify". Of course they sound much better in Greek, when they are translated they are I think they are loosing they power.

thx!

And what are they in greek? Hellas ole ole isn't the prob of course,
but 'I never stop to sing'? must be like 'pote de stamato na tragoudo' then, but I can't hear any of those words in the chants, so I assume it must be something else

and 'Lena you can qualify', is it something like 'Eleni, bories, bories na bokrifies'?

guizzy
Sep 19th, 2005, 01:50 PM
The exact words are "Hellas ole ole den stamato na tragoudo pote" and "Lena boris boris na prokrithis". :worship:
Hey You' re good ;) Where did you learn those Greek you know?

Calliope.
Sep 19th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Thanks I wanted to know what they said too :)

ZeeKoei
Sep 20th, 2005, 12:15 PM
The exact words are "Hellas ole ole den stamato na tragoudo pote" and "Lena boris boris na prokrithis". :worship:
Hey You' re good ;) Where did you learn those Greek you know?

thx!!!

I attended lessons in evening school for a couple of years, so I can understand it and speak it a little bit, but not good enough to have a decent greek conversation with my family there (my grandfather is a greek)