PDA

View Full Version : Mary vs Elena (Fed Cup Final)

Mark Spruce
Sep 16th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Best of luck to you Mary. I know you can do it.

Oh I will not be able to update my site tommorow until quite late. As I will be flying between Chile and the Falklands.

So I will be some hours after the first two matches have been completed.

sorry

regards

Mark

Scotso
Sep 17th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Destroy her Mary :angel:

Have a safe flight, Mark! :wavey:

MPStylee
Sep 17th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Go Mary!!! Go France!
I thought this was funny:

PARIS, Sept 16 (Reuters) - France's Mary Pierce, who beat Elena Dementieva in controversial fashion at the U.S. Open last week, will face her Russian rival again in the opening singles match of the Fed Cup final on Saturday at Roland Garros.

Dementieva accused Pierce of using unfair tactics when she lost 3-6 6-2 6-2 to the Frenchwoman in their semi-final at Flushing Meadows.

The Russian said Pierce faked an injury when she took back-to-back timeouts lasting 12 minutes to receive treatment after losing the first set.

There would be no hard feelings on Saturday, Dementieva said.

"If there is a break, it will be because of the weather, not because of Mary," the Russian said after Friday's draw, on a miserable day in the French capital.

Asked by a Russian journalist what she would do this time to trouble her opponent, Pierce smiled.

"I think I'll arrive 20 minutes late," she joked.

Mark Spruce
Sep 17th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Great answer there by Mary jejejej

Wishing you all of the best Mary.

Mark

cakiteror
Sep 17th, 2005, 05:33 AM
what an answer!!!!
best of luck mary!
guys i have a good feeling about this one!

Mark Spruce
Sep 17th, 2005, 05:35 AM
one match at a time

Mark

MaryPierceFan
Sep 17th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Go girl! You can do it!

DomenicDemaria
Sep 17th, 2005, 09:27 AM
:lol: at Mary's answer. Good luck Mary!!! Hopefully you can win!!!

ali
Sep 17th, 2005, 11:37 AM
:lol:

Kathrin
Sep 17th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Why does Mary do not play double with Amelie? They both are such a great team when it comes to play for France!

Agassi Fan
Sep 17th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I can't see the matches. .-(

ashwu
Sep 17th, 2005, 03:32 PM
mary lost :(

Kathrin
Sep 17th, 2005, 03:37 PM
I can't get this?! What's that for a kind of result? 6:7;6:2;1:6? Very very strange.. I'm sorry for Mary!
But come on now, France can still get the title!

ali
Sep 17th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Mary didn't play well at all, couldn't get her timing. Too many UE.

I think she needs a break, its been a hard summer and she must be absolutely exhausted. I hope she's not too down on herself after that. She tried her best but just didn't have the energy in the end.

cakiteror
Sep 17th, 2005, 04:02 PM
i am so sorry mary lost!
i just hope shell be alright!

Declan
Sep 17th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Can't see her losing to Myskina, though....

ali
Sep 17th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Can't see her losing to Myskina, though....
Hope so Declan.

Listening to her interview on the Fed Cup site, she said she was pretty tired and is "hanging on in there" physically :unsure: Myskina is someone who just doesn't go away - Mary will have to be patient but still go for her shots. It'll be close I think.

On another note, I've been wanting to watch Mary play against Dementieva for ages, but now I think I'll settle for another few years before they face off again! Elena seems to give her a lot of problems and she gets edgy against her if her shots aren't quite working.

Guedero
Sep 17th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I've listened to the french team captain itv, according to what he says I am not sure Mary will play tomorrow...

ali
Sep 17th, 2005, 11:32 PM
I've listened to the french team captain itv, according to what he says I am not sure Mary will play tomorrow...
I wouldn't be surprised. She just looked like she'd run out of steam in that third set, and Myskina will run for hours and hours chasing shots down so it could be another long match.

Reading Mary's comments about though, I'm not sure she'd be all that happy about it. I think she likes to know that people believe and have faith in her - it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth if she says she can play and isn't picked. It'll be a hard decision for the coach that's for sure.

Hey, maybe today was one of the "everything happens for a reason" moments and she'll get the winning point for the team tomorrow!

Ceze
Sep 17th, 2005, 11:38 PM
good luck for tomorrow vs Anastacia :kiss:

Kathrin
Sep 18th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. She just looked like she'd run out of steam in that third set, and Myskina will run for hours and hours chasing shots down so it could be another long match.

By the way, where do you know Mary is exhausted? She is a competitive athlete for more than 15 years now. She knows how far she is able to go and if there would be a physical problem she would be the first to say that she has to quit! Just believe in her! It's Mary!!!

Reading Mary's comments about though, I'm not sure she'd be all that happy about it. I think she likes to know that people believe and have faith in her - it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth if she says she can play and isn't picked. It'll be a hard decision for the coach that's for sure.

I can't understand such a dicision! Why people always tend to support a winner only? You have to stay with Mary through thick and thin. And I think it was not her fault that she lost against Jelena yesterday! Look at Mauresmo right now; she's about to loose, too. So maybe it's just Jelena who is in very good shape and not Mary who is old and tired and all these crazy suggestions!

Hey, maybe today was one of the "everything happens for a reason" moments and she'll get the winning point for the team tomorrow!

In this point I totally agree with you;-)!

pierce_fanatic
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:49 PM
after much discussion on who would play the 4th rubber, Mary is out on court playing Myskina.

If Mary wins this match and the fed cup comes down to the doubles, it wouldnt surprise me if it was Mary and Amelie who played . . . :)

mamno_MARYFAN
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Oh well...its a pity that Mary lost...:sad:

Hopefully Mary'll still have energy to play Myskina tomorrow...

Come on Mary...!!!:bounce:

ali
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Hey Kathrin - I hope you weren't suggesting I only support Mary when she's winning? :confused: I was making a comment about the French coach, just some observations that I thought I could discuss with people. Being a fan is also being able to discuss the negatives as well as celebrate the positives. Mary herself said she was tired mentally and physically in the third set....and I can totally understand why.

Anyway, amazing fightback today against Myskina :D

Go Mary!

ali
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:45 PM
You have to stay with Mary through thick and thin.
Yup, and I always have done. That's why I think everyone is just so absolutely thrilled to have had this year to celebrate the performances we always had faith that she could produce.

Allez Mary :worship:

Kathrin
Sep 18th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Hey Kathrin - I hope you weren't suggesting I only support Mary when she's winning? :confused: I was making a comment about the French coach, just some observations that I thought I could discuss with people. Being a fan is also being able to discuss the negatives as well as celebrate the positives. Mary herself said she was tired mentally and physically in the third set....and I can totally understand why.

Oh no, I didn't want to come on to you!
I just wanted to know if this was your opinion or if maybe Mary herself said it.. (you answered it already).. So, no offending! I'm not the kind of person who judges others! Freedom of speech, you know;-)!

Anyway, amazing fightback today against Myskina :D

Yeah, she was/is just awesome! I could not watch the match but was sitting in front of my computer and followed the live score.. My little hero made her game! I'm just soooo happy!!

ali
Sep 18th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Oh no, I didn't want to come on to you!
I just wanted to know if this was your opinion or if maybe Mary herself said it.. (you answered it already).. So, no offending! I'm not the kind of person who judges others! Freedom of speech, you know;-)!

Oh, okay, sorry :) Was being a bit sensitive there!! I've always supported Mary through thick and thin. There's been a lot of ups and downs over the years, but I guess that's one of the reasons I love her - you just never know what will happen!

Yeah, she was/is just awesome! I could not watch the match but was sitting in front of my computer and followed the live score.. My little hero made her game! I'm just soooo happy!!
She was fantastic, really milking the crowd and enjoying the moment. She was great in the doubles too - just not meant to be this year though unfortunately.

Poor Amelie looked distraught at the end, I hope Mary's philosophy about winning and losing tennis matches can help Amelie get over this one.

Scotso
Sep 19th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Another finals loss, though :sad:

ali
Sep 19th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Another finals loss, though :sad:
Yes :sad:

3 different results in finals and it would have been Mary's greatest ever year, but its still been amazing. Mary is interviewed on the Fed Cup site and although she's not French #1, I really see her as leading the team. She said how proud she was of all the players and staff and that they'll come back stronger next time and learn from this.

It must be so inspirational to her team mates to have her involved. And she proved me very wrong when I said (although she did too ;) ) that she was exhausted!! She was on fire today.