PDA

View Full Version : Lisez l'Equipe!

MissTennisFan
Sep 12th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Il y a une super interview de Mary, longue et hyper intéressante... c'est génial, il faut pas rater ça! :bounce:

saby
Sep 12th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Je l'ai, et, pour une fois je trouve que cette interview est très bien réalisé et Mary parle à coeur ouvert. On apprend des trucs sur Mary qu'on ne savait même pas.

I got it and for the first time, i think it's a good interview, Mary talks with her heart, we are learning some stuffs about Mary that we don't even know about it before.

MissTennisFan
Sep 12th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Je l'ai, et, pour une fois je trouve que cette interview est très bien réalisé et Mary parle à coeur ouvert. On apprend des trucs sur Mary qu'on ne savait même pas.

Tu décris exactement ce que j'ai ressenti en lisant cet entretien. Mary parle très franchement de pleins de choses très personnelles, on y découvre toute une autre dimension d'elle dont effectivement, on ne se doutait même pas... j'ai carrément trouvé cet entretien émouvant tellement Mary parle ouvertement de tout ce qu'elle a vécu et ressenti ces dernières années.

En plus, après cette interview je la respecte d'autant plus! Mary Pierce est vraiment un excellenet modèle pour la jeunesse!

cakiteror
Sep 12th, 2005, 04:15 PM
can somebody translate it all?
PLEASE

ali
Sep 12th, 2005, 04:59 PM
MissTennisFan :help: !!
;)

Can you share any of it with us?

MissTennisFan
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:05 PM
MissTennisFan :help: !!
;)

Can you share any of it with us?

Alrighty well, not sure I can translate all of it as it is pretty long but I'll translate some of the more important parts shortly... it's really interesting, and Mary was surprisingly forthcoming about a number of things she doesn't usually discuss with the media.

ali
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Alrighty well, not sure I can translate all of it as it is pretty long but I'll translate some of the more important parts shortly... it's really interesting, and Mary was surprisingly forthcoming about a number of things she doesn't usually discuss with the media.
Great, thanks :)

We very rarely get interviews with Mary over here. It would be really interesting to hear what she has to say.

saby
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:14 PM

If you want you do a part and I do the other ! what do you think?

ali
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:15 PM
:worship:

MissTennisFan
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:16 PM

Wow that would be great! Which part do you want to do, Saby?

ali
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks you two :D

Frenchragazzo
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:32 PM
It's the best interview of Mary I have ever read ! We discover a different Mary, the person she is, it is so great to read it ! It makes me love Mary even more :)

It's also interesting to read the article about the reactions of Mary's team after the final...

ali
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:35 PM
It's the best interview of Mary I have ever read ! We discover a different Mary, the person she is, it is so great to read it ! It makes me love Mary even more :)

It's also interesting to read the article about the reactions of Mary's team after the final...
You're just trying to make me jealous now! ;)

All I can find to read is more stupid over-reaction to the injury timeout! Arghh! :retard:

saby
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:44 PM
You're just trying to make me jealous now! ;)

All I can find to read is more stupid over-reaction to the injury timeout! Arghh! :retard:

Ali I just post something on mary pierce the oscar winner actress, just read it and tell me if i'm right or wrong :lol:

ali
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Ali I just post something on mary pierce the oscar winner actress, just read it and tell me if i'm right or wrong :lol:
I read it! :) God there's some idiots on there! I was called dishonest like Mary :lol:

I wonder when people will stop going on about it. I hope she beats Dementieva in the Fed Cup though - we'll never hear the end of it if she doesn't.

Poor Mary, suddenly so unpopular now she's winning!! :devil:

MissTennisFan
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Well I guess I'll be translating the first half of the interview if that is OK with everyone.

saby
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:59 PM
ok, jusqu'a quelle question?

MissTennisFan
Sep 12th, 2005, 06:01 PM
ok, jusqu'a quelle question?

Cela vous aide-t-il à accepter une finale d'un Grand Chelem?

Mais je peux faire un peu plus -- c'est comme tu veux...

saby
Sep 12th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Je pense que sa ira je l'ai pas sous les yeux

ali
Sep 12th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Well I guess I'll be translating the first half of the interview if that is OK with everyone.
:yeah:

Its fine with me! ;) :D

You know, I think Mary has the friendliest and most helpful fans on this message board. Just don't tell anyone in General Messages..... :p

Thanks - really appreciate it! :D

MissTennisFan
Sep 12th, 2005, 06:23 PM

You know, I think Mary has the friendliest and most helpful fans on this message board. Just don't tell anyone in General Messages..... :p

LOL -- thank YOU! :wavey:

cakiteror
Sep 12th, 2005, 07:44 PM
must agree on tnat!
lol

Declan
Sep 12th, 2005, 07:53 PM

Er -it's not only in the General Messages Forum that Mary is judged unfairly -I've been posting in the Blast From The Past Forum in a thread called 'Rank These Four' (maybe 'Rate These Four'?), in which posters are ranking Mary Pierce, Gabriela Sabatini, Jana Novotna and Conchita Martinez. SO many people put Mary 3rd or 4th, even now, after these past three months. I can't believe that anyone can think that two Slam wins can EVER be worse than one, or that four Slam runner-up finishes can be worse than 2 or 3!!
Maybe I need a break from all this for a while!.....

MissTennisFan
Sep 12th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Er -it's not only in the General Messages Forum that Mary is judged unfairly -I've been posting in the Blast From The Past Forum in a thread called 'Rank These Four' (maybe 'Rate These Four'?), in which posters are ranking Mary Pierce, Gabriela Sabatini, Jana Novotna and Conchita Martinez. SO many people put Mary 3rd or 4th, even now, after these past three months. I can't believe that anyone can think that two Slam wins can EVER be worse than one, or that four Slam runner-up finishes can be worse than 2 or 3!!
Maybe I need a break from all this for a while!.....

Yeah I hear you... I am not even visiting the other message boards at this point, if people are actually making it a point to come here to post nasty messages about Mary, I can only imagine what is like on other message boards, and yes, most notably the general messages...

Declan
Sep 12th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Yeah I hear you... I am not even visiting the other message boards at this point, if people are actually making it a point to come here to post nasty messages about Mary, I can only imagine what is like on other message boards, and yes, most notably the general messages...

I got bad repped three times last week by Jelena Jankovic fans over a fairly innocuous comment I made about her in this forum!!

ali
Sep 12th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Its amazing with how much venom some people are talking about her. But there's just no point in arguing (as I've found out), people don't want to listen.

I hope all of this dies down soon though, General Messages has always been pretty fair and respectful towards her in the past. Like I said on one of the threads though, I guess it proves that people are just scared that she might beat their favourites. So she must be doing something right!

Declan - I've always thought Mary to be under-rated, not sure why people can't just accept her accomplishments. I suppose she's probably the least consistent of the 4 players you mentioned, but every single one of them would take Mary's GS record I'm sure.

Declan
Sep 12th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Its amazing with how much venom some people are talking about her. But there's just no point in arguing (as I've found out), people don't want to listen.

I hope all of this dies down soon though, General Messages has always been pretty fair and respectful towards her in the past. Like I said on one of the threads though, I guess it proves that people are just scared that she might beat their favourites. So she must be doing something right!

Declan - I've always thought Mary to be under-rated, not sure why people can't just accept her accomplishments. I suppose she's probably the least consistent of the 4 players you mentioned, but every single one of them would take Mary's GS record I'm sure.

Yes, of course they would!!! Thank you, Ali! (I can't good rep you again; it won't let me!...I'm off to bed!)

Mark Spruce
Sep 13th, 2005, 12:27 AM
me 2

Mark

I got bad repped three times last week by Jelena Jankovic fans over a fairly innocuous comment I made about her in this forum!!

cakiteror
Sep 13th, 2005, 05:48 AM
guys i dont rep anybody,dont know how to do that!lol
so,forgive me!
screw those guys,they are just mad and bitter!
mary has the best fans and the nicest ones!
they are just jelous,and that is the truth!
you cant expect them to be objective,mary has seen off justine,elena,jelena j,and at RG vera,davenport,patty...and some of those girls have nasty fans!
GRANNY AT THE AGE OF THIRTY KICKING ASS,WHAT A SHAME!:)

flea
Sep 13th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Je l'ai, et, pour une fois je trouve que cette interview est très bien réalisé et Mary parle à coeur ouvert. On apprend des trucs sur Mary qu'on ne savait même pas.oui, un entretien très touchant...

Lu_Weird
Sep 13th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Ok, I will study some French then, at least know how to say: Mary, we love you!

rsunderji
Sep 13th, 2005, 04:11 PM

I can't wait to read this article after all this that I am hearing about it wow

rsunderji
Sep 13th, 2005, 04:14 PM
guys i dont rep anybody,dont know how to do that!lol
so,forgive me!
screw those guys,they are just mad and bitter!
mary has the best fans and the nicest ones!
they are just jelous,and that is the truth!
you cant expect them to be objective,mary has seen off justine,elena,jelena j,and at RG vera,davenport,patty...and some of those girls have nasty fans!
GRANNY AT THE AGE OF THIRTY KICKING ASS,WHAT A SHAME!:)

Well said who really cares what they think they are real bitter if you ask me because Mary handled them with such ease...I think as long as her real fans know just how great she is both on and off the court that is all that should matter and to everyone else it's their loss

Rahim

ali
Sep 13th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I can't wait to read this article after all this that I am hearing about it wow
Lol, me too :)

I think we're all expecting the holy grail! ;)

MissTennisFan
Sep 13th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Lol, me too :)

I think we're all expecting the holy grail! ;)

Oh no, this is actually scaring me now... I am a little worried you guys might be disappointed after all we've said about it!

Anyway, I will be posting the part I translated in a little bit.

ali
Sep 13th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Oh no, this is actually scaring me now... I am a little worried you guys might be disappointed after all we've said about it!

Anyway, I will be posting the part I translated in a little bit.
Only kidding MissTennisFan :) Heck, it could be about absolutely nothing and we'd all still really love it!

Thanks again, we really do appreciate this :D

MissTennisFan
Sep 13th, 2005, 06:02 PM
OK kids, I am just about ready to post, but guys, please be lenient... some things don't translate and MissTennisFan is not good at this to begin with... :o

ali
Sep 13th, 2005, 06:16 PM
OK kids, I am just about ready to post, but guys, please be lenient... some things don't translate and MissTennisFan is not good at this to begin with... :o
:worship:
You're too modest. It'll be great.

MissTennisFan
Sep 13th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Mary, do you feel you missed your chance in this final?

It's hard to say. In any case, a lot less than at the French, where I was tired, in a lot of pain, and my emotions were just completely different. Here, I really wanted this match, I thought I could win, especially here in New York where I haven't won yet. It was a huge deal to me. I may have been a little too hung-up on that when I should have just enjoyed the fact that I was playing – as that is when I play my best tennis. I am unhappy with myself for two reasons: my state of mind and my attitude on the court.

You seemed resigned very early on in the match…

Yes, it's too bad, I started well, I was leading 30-0 but when she came back to 30-All, I knew it would be really tough. That is very early on in the game, unfortunately, but I just wasn't expecting that. I was expecting a more aggressive game, one similar to Dementieva's I hit a few good shots, but she was hitting every ball back and her shots were deep. I didn't feel much pressure because her shots were neither heavy nor quick as she stands far behind the baseline, but she runs and gets everything back in. She made me play more than the other girls I played before her did. Every time I hit a good shot that would have been a winner or set up a winner against anyone else, she'd hit the ball back, and unfortunately, I would make a mistake. She made me play badly.

After a good night's sleep, which feeling predominates?

Right after the match, I was really disappointed, because it's tough losing in the final when you're that close. Especially at my age, it's not like I am going to be playing another ten years, not like I can keep reaching Grand Slam finals. Especially here…

Why did it take so long for things to work out for you in New York?

Probably because the city is too stressful for me. There's too much traffic, too much noise. The air is not as clean as I am accustomed to. The smells, the pollution… I am so much more comfortable in calm environments, without all of the hustle and bustle. In the past, it's been really hard for me to play in this atmosphere. This year, experience and maturity have made the difference, I know myself better. I've learned to approach things in a different way and to find the calm I need even in this city.

In hindsight, how do you assess the period that followed your French Open victory in 2000, which was probably the darkest chapter in your career?

She thinks then bursts out laughing
It's funny because I really thought that after winning the French Open, everything would be so much better, in my personal life as well as in my career… but then I got injured, I stopped playing, I broke up with my fiancé, basically, a lot of things happened at the same time. I went through a rough patch, I couldn't play tennis at a time when I needed to more than ever to get away from my personal problems. Plus, at the time, I really felt I was reaching the heights of my career, I had won both the singles and doubles titles at the French, I was no. 3, it was looking really good. I wanted to play and practice so much at the time that my shoulder injury in 2000 really came as a tough blow.

And the following year came the back injury.

I tried playing with the pain for five months, but after a while I could barely move on the court.

And your ranking plummeted to…

She interrupts and enunciates slowly:
293! When I first saw that, I remember thinking, ouch! That's when I started asking myself a few questions, would I be able to play tennis again? The doctors didn't know if I would ever fully recover or if I would be experiencing back pain everyday. Up to now, some days, I feel fine, others I can barely stand up straight. So I had to start thinking about what I could do other than tennis.

And what did you come up with?

I was interested in a number of things, Chinese medicine, for example. Or maybe something with children, maybe something involving tennis, maybe not. I started looking for what I should be doing with my life, and something inside of me was telling me that tennis wasn't over, that it wasn't time to retire, that I had so much more to accomplish. I believed in that, and I said to myself that from then on I would do the utmost to be the best I possibly could be.

In those moments of doubt, what helped you the most?

My faith. I spent a lot of time on my own, praying, reading the Bible, writing, thinking, and crying… some days I cried so much I wondered how it was even physically possible to shed so many tears! And I just kept crying. These were tough, painful times. But that's also when you learn the most about yourself and about life. I had given so much to my five-year relationship with my ex-fiancé; that my relationship with my family was not quite the way it should have been, I didn't really have any friends anymore at that point, I just always wanted to be with him. But you should never put all your eggs in one basket, because the day they break… we're not meant to be on our own, but to live together. That's just part of life but that's not all. Now, nothing in my life should override everything else. First and foremost, comes my relationship with God, then comes my family, then my friends and then tennis.

Do you feel you've made some bad decisions at the time?

Well it is true that at the time I was seeking answers from the outside, I was waiting for someone to give me the answers. Yet they were in me. And it was so simple, and it's because it's so simple that we don't want to accept the truth. We keep looking for something else. That's why I kept looking and looking outside until I finally accepted the truth.

You already had faith when you played the French Open in 2000 with a rosary around your neck.

I went to a Catholic school. I always went to church on Sunday and in March 2000 I accepted Jesus. At first, it was just about religion, now it's a spiritual relationship which is not at all the same. One could say I am Christian. I believe in God and in the Bible. In the States there are lots of different churches (Baptist, Lutheran…) but I don't believe in that; it just divides people and creates conflicts.

Is it something that helps you come to terms with losing a Grand Slam final match?

Yes, in the past, I would have had a harder time getting over this match. It's funny because I am constantly learning new things about myself and this has shown me that when I want something a little too much, I never get it. Instead of being happy I was there and telling myself there was a reason this was all happening, that I was going to give it my best shot regardless of the result… I was too serious, I put too much pressure on myself. Right after the final, I was very disappointed, but 20 minutes later, during the ceremony, I said to myself, this is just like the rest of my life, there are things that I've wanted so much and that I didn't get... that has caused me great pain and sadness. Now I think, right, well it's just a tennis match.

MissTennisFan
Sep 13th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Voila! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did... Saby, if you feel I have translated anything inaccurately, please do let me know -- merci à toi! :wavey:

ali
Sep 13th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Thank you so much MissTennisFan :hug:

What do you mean you're no good at this? That's absolutely perfect! :worship: Thanks!!!

MissTennisFan
Sep 13th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks a lot, Ali, that's so nice of you! :wavey:

I hope you enjoyed it! :)

ali
Sep 13th, 2005, 06:39 PM
I sure did. Interesting to hear her thoughts on the final - she wanted it too much :sad: , but such a positive way to react to the defeat and maybe she's learnt something from this too.

Made me a bit :mad: thinking about the ex, she obviously went through some extremely tough times. And after reading that, isn't it great how close she is with her entire family again? Aw - like you, might just have to read it again a few times!!

Thanks again :)

MissTennisFan
Sep 13th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Yeah I know, I was so moved by the things Mary said in this interview :sad: wait til you read the rest of it, there's more. Also, when I read this, what she said during her acceptance speech at the French Open made even more sense to me... especially what she said about victories being so much more meaningful after everything she's been through in the past few years... Mary is just the best! :D

rsunderji
Sep 13th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Voila! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did... Saby, if you feel I have translated anything inaccurately, please do let me know -- merci à toi! :wavey:

many many thanks for that great translation really appreciagte it!

Rahim

MissTennisFan
Sep 13th, 2005, 07:31 PM
many many thanks for that great translation really appreciagte it!

Rahim

You're welcome -- so glad you liked it! :wavey:

Jackaboo
Sep 13th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Merci beaucoup MissTennisFan!

cakiteror
Sep 13th, 2005, 08:25 PM
thanks,thanks,thanks,
thanks,thanks..................................... ..................

saby
Sep 13th, 2005, 09:32 PM

je vais essayer de finir la traduction demain

I will try to finish the translation tomorrow ...:D

ali
Sep 13th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Yeah I know, I was so moved by the things Mary said in this interview :sad: wait til you read the rest of it, there's more. Also, when I read this, what she said during her acceptance speech at the French Open made even more sense to me... especially what she said about victories being so much more meaningful after everything she's been through in the past few years... Mary is just the best! :D
I totally agree. You know, maybe its just me, but I think Mary's image in the media and with a lot of tennis "fans" is just so far from what she's really like. We hear the diva comments (and she is on court I agree!) but I don't think many people get chance to see/read about her off-court personality. She comes across in that interview as very sensitive and also articulate and intellegent.

Lovely to be able to read more about this side of her.

I will try to finish the translation tomorrow ...:D
Thank you!! Really looking forward to it. You and MissTennisFan are absolute stars! :D

Guedero
Sep 13th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Huge thanks for the translation, I tried to buy L'Equipe online but it doesn't work. Really really good itv indeed, it is rare to see a sports(wo)man being so sincere!

pierce_fanatic
Sep 14th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Thank you so much MissTennisFan :D

I loved reading it and I cant wait for saby to post the second half of the interview. :D

lizzymarie
Sep 14th, 2005, 07:56 AM
a million thanks for sharing it with us, can't wait for the final translation tomorrow.....

MistyGrey
Sep 14th, 2005, 11:11 AM
MissTennisFan u r my hero! or heroine ,for that matter! :bounce::worship:

Thanks so much..

Mary! :kiss:

MaryPierceFan
Sep 14th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks!

saby
Sep 14th, 2005, 02:17 PM
- It helped you to accept a defeat in final of a Slam?

- Yes, in the past, I would have had more problems to recover from this kind of match. It is funny because I learn things every day on me and there, that showed me once again that, when I want too hardly things, I can't do it. Instead of thinking that I am satisfied to be there, there is a reason why, that I am going to give maximum and it doesn't much matter result...

I was " too serious, I put on myself too much pressure. Just after finale, I was very disappointed. But twenty minutes later, during the pricegiving, I thought, it’s like my life; there are things which I wished so hardly and which I had not, I suffered a lot from it and that made me sad. Now, I think... well, it is just a tennis match...

-You often associate what happens to you on a tennis court in what happens outside, in your life...

- I remember that three years ago, in Australia, I have been injured (abdominal muscles), during the first round in the first game of serve.

I knew my grandmother was very ill, and she fell in the coma when I was in the plane back. And I was able to be there when she died. There is no fate in life….

- After your months of galleys, step by step, you have got closer to France. Why?

- It came with a change of mentality, of a way of living and seeing things. Who am I? Where is my life? And what do I do, when I answered these questions, I said to myself that France was a part of me. I represent this country and it is important. I always wanted to replay in Fed Cup but I was not selected. I wanted to be again with the french team, to share with people, to be true, simple, natural, finally myself. And not to be afraid, because before, I was afraid to “open myself”, to speak ...

- Fed Cup, is very close to the US OPEN (The finale - France - Russia takes place on saturday and on Sunday at Roland-Garros). You think you can bounce so quickly?

- That is not going to be easy, it is sure. the trip, the jet lag, change of surface, and I am sure that it is not very warm outside, so... I Needs just to pay attention to my adducteurs :tape: :tape: :tape: on clay surface they are sought. I am tired, in the sense, you know tennis ... (She mimes the bellyful.) I need to rest my head, to recharge some energy. But at the same time, it is a finale, it is wonderful and I think that after two days of rest, I will refnud envy. Already, I look forward to be with the team, then...

-It is a question that, it's asked to you since your youngest age, but maybe answer evolved: French or American?

- I have some French, American and Canadian blood. I lived most of the time in the United States, where I always appreciated the quality of life. But there are things of France which I miss when I am here : first, my family which lives over there naturally, and then bakeries, butcher's shops, cheese makers, small markets, all these places where I like very much walking around quietly. The fact of being able to take a walk in small district. Besides, people are much more sociable in France, they speak to each other more. The values of the family are also stronger (thanks Mary) :cool:. And what I miss the most of the United States it is when I am in France, they are parking spaces. If you are comming at home late the evening, tired, you turn twenty minutes around the house, you really want to be in the United States to find to park (LOL)

- What are your objectives henceforth ?

- At San Diego, I said that, before retiring, I wanted to be a top 10 player again, to play one more time the Masters and to win a Slam. And if it works, to try, why not, to reach the first place, what I have never made before.

On Monday, I am going to be sixth at the WTA, so my qualification for Masters will be the motivation till the end of the year.

- And number 1?

- Why not? I would like but I know that it will be very, very hard; it is necessary to be constant during one year, without wound. I am going to try, we never knows after all.

- Which progress do you have to do again to reach it? Are they mental?

Difficult to say. I still have progress to make, to not have little injury like I have to my thigh.:o (some still think Mary is not injured :mad: )Now, I begin to get use again to handle big events. Because during five years, I had not played many big matches in Slams, over two weeks.

- How do you see your in five years, at Agassi's age today?

- I have no idea of what I will be in five years. Already, at twenty years, I did not know where I would be today. I lived every day, moment after moment. Before to be injured in the back, I thought that at thirty years I would have already reached the end of my career. I saw myself married, with children! Life is never like we imagine. Some thinks that at 30 yearsold is finished because we believe that we change physically, but mentally we are stronger than at twenty five years, then...

-How would you define your relation with your brother, henceforth? Do you accept the reproaches?

-Oh yeah, yeah naturally! he tells me always the truth. It is very strong, better and better.

- He says that you are the strongest and that, when you lose, it is because you fight against yourself...

-He as already said it to me, yes. he does not need to repeat it to me all the time. On what happenned Kim (Clijsters), he is maybe not wrong.

-The certainties of your brother, it is that what you look for, for a trainer?

- Bah with all people in my life. It is hyper importing to have a quiet and confident environment. If I work with somebody anxious, who does not trust his capacities, that is never going to work. I have a very strong character, and I am very hard with me, consequently I ask a lot to the people who are around me. It is the case with Xavier Moreau, who is my physical trainer; he has the same character as me, it is essential.

- Younger, your brother played a good level (-15) in tennis. Today, do you beat him during the training?

-As he plays more and more, he improves. That can be very close, he is left-handed person and serves very hardly. The weak point, it is movement. That has to be a familial thing... "

:angel: :angel: :angel:

saby
Sep 14th, 2005, 02:22 PM
-It is a question that, it's asked to you since your youngest age, but maybe answer evolved: French or American?[/b]

- I have some French, American and Canadian blood. I lived most of the time in the United States, where I always appreciated the quality of life. But there are things of France which I miss when I am here : first, my family which lives over there naturally, and then bakeries, butcher's shops, cheese makers, small markets, all these places where I like very much walking around quietly. The fact of being able to take a walk in small district. Besides, people are much more sociable in France, they speak to each other more. The values of the family are also stronger (thanks Mary) :cool:. And what I miss the most of the United States it is when I am in France, they are parking spaces. If you are comming at home late the evening, tired, you turn twenty minutes around the house, you really want to be in the United States to find to park (LOL)

Mary is a true french she knows what is good in life !!! LOL

rsunderji
Sep 14th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks for that second translation really good to know I can turn to this board for translations. Much appreciated

Rahim

pierce_fanatic
Sep 14th, 2005, 03:19 PM
thanks so much for that Saby. :worship:

cakiteror
Sep 14th, 2005, 03:42 PM
saaaaaaaaaaaaaby,thanks!

MaryPierceFan
Sep 14th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks a lot!

ashwu
Sep 14th, 2005, 04:26 PM
thanks so much for this article guys!!!!

MissTennisFan
Sep 14th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Wow you guys -- thank you ALL so much for all of the nice messages you've posted, I am so very touched! :wavey:

I am also ecstatic you all liked the interview! :D

Saby -- thanks so much for helping me do this! :wavey:

Ali -- I completely agree with what you wrote, Mary remains a bit of a mystery to the public, off the court at least... but I -- as I am sure all of you here -- have always known there was more to her than the media would gladly have us believe; I knew all along she was articulate, intelligent, sensitive and profound... and this interview did a great job demonstrating just that, that's why I love it so much! :D

ali
Sep 14th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks so much Saby :worship:

- Younger, your brother played a good level (-15) in tennis. Today, do you beat him during the training?

-As he plays more and more, he improves. That can be very close, he is left-handed person and serves very hardly. The weak point, it is movement. That has to be a familial thing... "

:lol:

MissTennisFan
Sep 14th, 2005, 04:47 PM
LOL I also laughed so much when I read the comment about poor movement running in the family :lol:

MissTennisFan
Sep 14th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Mary is a true french she knows what is good in life !!! LOL

I so totally agree! I, of course, don't have any French blood, but when Mary plays, I kind of do feel French! :D

saby
Sep 14th, 2005, 05:54 PM
LOL I also laughed so much when I read the comment about poor movement running in the family :lol:

Yeah it's nice, Mary is able to joke about her, through out her "brother movement" :D

I can't wait for this week end, i wish I could already be at Roland Garros

cakiteror
Sep 14th, 2005, 06:03 PM
i feel a bit french tooooo!
oh guys i love you all!

Guedero
Sep 14th, 2005, 06:33 PM
infinite thanks to both of you for having taken the time to do this, this is by far the best itv/article about Mary I have ever read. I think I am gonna save this along the eclipse video.

MissTennisFan
Sep 14th, 2005, 06:40 PM
this is by far the best itv/article about Mary I have ever read.

Isn't it?! :D I think I am nowhere near done raving about this interview, LOL...

By the way, I'm sorry you weren't able to buy it online but I can scan it or type it up for you if that would be any help at all...

Guedero
Sep 14th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Don't type it up that'd take you ages! If you have easy access to a scan that'd be great otherwise I'll to wait until I go back home at Xmas as we keep all the issues at my parents' house. That's great that we all seem to have our own ways of finding stuffs about mary and that we can share them with each other!

MPStylee
Sep 15th, 2005, 02:07 AM
Thanks so much for the article, guys!!! It was a wicked interview!!!

That would be wicked if you could scan it!!!

Scotso
Sep 15th, 2005, 02:11 AM
thanks! :D

MistyGrey
Sep 15th, 2005, 03:44 AM
thankyou saby for the second part! u're my hero as well! :lol:

Lu_Weird
Sep 15th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Thank you for the wordssssssssssss....kiss kiss kiss

JMC
Sep 15th, 2005, 07:09 AM
:p Thank's so much for the interview :wavey: I really do appreciated it :worship:

Oermi
Sep 15th, 2005, 01:36 PM
thankyou so much :kiss:

ali
Sep 15th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Add humour to her other great qualities :)

Thanks again guys, a fantastic article that lets us finally know a little bit more about the real Mary.