PDA

View Full Version : Mary Thank You

Lu_Weird
Sep 11th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Mary didn't win the title! But she has great performance in this summer, really great performance! So we should thank her as her fans, I know she may disappointed haven't won the game,but she already win in our heart!

ali
Sep 11th, 2005, 02:00 AM
And thank you Lu for reminding us (me) what an amazing woman she is and what a thrilling last few months she's given us. Its easy to feel disappointed and look for reasons why the final turned out as it did, but you've reminded me that's unimportant right now, we should be proud of Mary and all she's achieved.

Thanks for all being such great supporters and thanks Mary for being such an amazing person :)

stenen
Sep 11th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Mary :sad: but Kim clearly played better out there tonight. However you had a great tournament and you're back in top 10, Congrats! I'm proud of you.

Wizzy Maryfan
Sep 11th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Thank you Mary, I'm so glad to be one of your 'all-time" fans !

After many years with a lot of trouble, it's just so amazing to see what champion you are now !
I mean, wow, what a revenge on your injuries, and on those people who were saying "Mary should retire" ...
You had faith, saying often that u were sure you were to go on, because your best tennis was again "in you" !
And all your real fans never gave you up, we were always cheering you, in the defeat, in the glory moment, everytime, whatever u did !

Now you're back on top 10, you'll probably play the Masters, 2 of your goals are OK !

Mary, I love you, and I hope you'll forget this final to win the fed cup in front of your crowd, who really wanna see you just to tell you "thanks to be Mary, Mary" !
XXX

aimee20
Sep 11th, 2005, 02:40 AM
:couple: forever MAry fan

CathyC!
Sep 11th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Breaks my heart :tears: that wasn't even half of Mary's best :crying2: half of the time she goes for a little too much, and the other half she holds back.. i dunno what was going on in her mind but there's something bothering her :crying2: nevertheless... im still proud of you Mary.. continue with ur resurgence! :hug: remember we love ya!

aimee :yeah: im with you... i started watching tennis cos of Mary :) forever fan! :hug:

Andy.
Sep 11th, 2005, 02:51 AM
Well done Mary on having a great year im so proud of what you have achieved. All the hard work has paid off and congratulations on making it back into the top 10 were you belong.

Scotso
Sep 11th, 2005, 03:01 AM
I'm really, really sad... but I'm still very proud of Mary. Hopefully she'll be in more moments like that, and fare better.

:)

pierce_fanatic
Sep 11th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Even though she lost tonight, I'm still so very proud to be a Mary Pierce fan. We all know what a great tournament she has had over the past 2 weeks. She beat players she has never beaten before and she beat them very easily.

She may not have been at her best tonight and we could all see the disappointment in her face and in her expressions but this whole year has made me realise how much I admire and look up to her and for that I would like to thank you Mary, cause your freaking rock !

:worship: Mary :worship:

Can't wait to see you at the Australian Open Mary ! :kiss:

CathyC!
Sep 11th, 2005, 04:46 AM
can't wait to see her in Fed Cup and YEC (Hopefully) :)

Maryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :hug: thank you for making me appreciate tennis more

cakiteror
Sep 11th, 2005, 05:25 AM
i am also,very,very proud of MARY!
great WOMAN great CHAMPION!
MARY you gave us such joy,you are the best!
guys remeber one thing we loved MARY when she was losing,i believe we loved her the same when she was WINNING!
her results are the least reason we love her!
MARY you are the GREATEST,if you retire i will not have a tennis player whom i love with all of my heart!
girl you have won so much,go and win some more titles,reach the number of 20,that would make me,so,so,so happy!:)

DomenicDemaria
Sep 11th, 2005, 07:01 AM
If MAry won she might have retired!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=6181306&posted=1#post6181306 for more.

Well done Mary! It has been a great two weeks. Can't wait to see you at next years AO.

Declan
Sep 11th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Well, a not exactly surprising result -Kim HAD to win a Slam one day -it's just a shame for Mary that her day was now! It was a fantastic tournament for Mary nonetheless -she has much to be proud of.

ashwu
Sep 11th, 2005, 09:02 AM
she was going for her shots too much today... kim is not that great in creating her own shots and attacking, mary shouldn't gamble that much :( just hit deep, she would be fine. i really don't understand why... maybe she doesn't have that much confidence while the rally goes long? i don't get it :( david won't happy about it i guess...

but mary had a great summer! she's on her top form right now, and she's been very consistent too, that's something never happened before. with her hardwork, with david and nick helping her, she could be even better next year!

proud of you mary! we all love you!

saby
Sep 11th, 2005, 09:39 AM
:worship: THERE IS
SOMETHING ABOUT
MARY:worship:

Sad but proud...

MaryPierceFan
Sep 11th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Great tournament for Mary. But I'm a bit dissapointed because of the way she lost. She was in 2 GS finals but lost both very quickly. Paris was a disaster, NY - only a bit better. It's a shame that Mary can't play her best tennis in the finals. She wasn't favourite and had nothing to lose. It was a good position mentally, in my opinion. She could have lost but I was waiting for a better tennis of her. Mary is a bit weak mentally. But it was a wonderful event for her. The final is a great result. I'm happy and proud of her. She is in Top 10 again. I hope she'll be injury free during indoor season. I don't know what to think about Fed Cup, maybe she shouldn't play. Anyway, great tournament, great results, many points and Top 10 again!!!!

MissTennisFan
Sep 11th, 2005, 11:01 AM
It was a good run and a good year altogether! I know when Mary looks back at these last few months she'll feel a great sense of pride and a great sense of accomplishment.

I really, really, really hope she plays Fed Cup! :bounce:

Go Mary -- you'll always have unqualified support here! :wavey:

JMC
Sep 11th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Super Fan de la Mary , je félicite Kim qui était tout simplement la meilleure du jour ! Je n'aime pas tergivercer ou palabrer voir excuser même ceux que j'aime.Et comme je l'avais déja dit, actuellement sur le cicuit et la surface en dur il y'a Kim ...et les autres ! Je ne crois pas aux miracles et je savais que Kim serait trop forte aujourd'hui pour Queen Mary (mais demain qui peut dire ? Look at Justine a RG et ensuite "Flashy -Flushy" :roll: !!!)

Commettant trop fautes, ne faisant pas assez corps avec la balle, ne la traversant pas, donc balle moins compacte à l'arrivée, souvent en dehors des limites, dépassée aussi par la "souple" fluidité de Kim, c'était couru d'avance.....Ce n'est pas tant Mary qui a si mal joué (contrairement à sa finale RG ratée où elle n'était pas du tout dans le match), d'ailleurs le score sec ne reflète pas à mon sens la qualité du combat, manquait simplement à Pierce la possibilté de mettre son jeu en place, étouffée très intelligemment par la Belge.Prise vitesse, commettant trop de fautes directes , de plus Kim ramenait tout contrairement aux précédents adversaires dépassés par la surpuissance de Pierce, bref le sort était scellé.

Donc je ne suis pas du tout déçu, bien au contraire, la nouvelle n°6 Mondiale fait un tracé exemplaire de sa saison 2005, une deuxième finale en GC cette année c'est énorme en soi et de toutes façons elle ne s était pas cachée quelques temps auparavant que son 1er véritable espoir de gagner un nouveau GC était l'Australian open 2006.Tournois où elle a déja brillé.Connaissant la grosse bosseuse qu'elle est, nul doute qu'elle va encore s'améliorer et créer de nouveau pourquoi pas la sensation.Au passsage classée derrière Kim en bonus US séries elle empoche tout de même plus de 800000 Dollards ! Pas si mal non !?

ENglish to resume :

I knew that today Kim would be too much hard for Mary ! In these season on that kind of surface, there is Kim...and the others ! so i am not disapointed at all because deep inside me i knew that today (but tomorrow will an another day, look what happened ti Justine !) would be for Kim :(

Mary 's hits were not as good today (in french we say "to push the body thru the ball like to cross it" like this that one is very compact at the arrival.That's one of the big force from Mary's play and today it wasn't enough, Kim covered very well her land and returned very well not diffulties with the power of our Diva :mad: Mary's services too it wasn't that you know, and most of all the very intelligent play of Miss Kim did not permit Mary to install her game and the Belgium who knows how to varie the game (much more than Mary) pushed our Queen to force her game....

What ever, She :hearts: and us too can be very very proud of the new N°6 top player :bounce: She really has an Amazing season and reaching a second GC finale , first time for a french player in NY so she again writtes a new Historic page in the french tennis .+ 1/4 at Wimbly and won a Tier 1.Isn'it so Amazing :worship: :worship: :worship:

Did'nt she say that her first really goal will be the next Australian Open ?! She never gives up and we know she will work more and more and she believes in her game now again, she feels in good shape so there is no reason that the end of these season and 2006 will not show us again terrific things.

CONGRATS TO YOU MARY? WE ARE SO PROUD OF WHAT YOU ACHIVED AND IT IS NOT FINISHED WE DON4T HAVE ANY DOUBT ON IT :wavey: :kiss: :hearts:

ali
Sep 11th, 2005, 12:29 PM
I don't know if anyone wants to discuss the final or whether we should just take all the fantastic positives from the US Open and leave the result alone :confused:

Reading Mary's interview and watching the final, it seems the match was won and lost within the first game! :eek: I think Mary thought her level was so much higher than when they'd previously met that she could/should win her service games quite easily and seemed to get down on herself very quickly.

I wonder what David can do to encourage Mary not to feel so negative when things aren't quite going her way. This isn't a criticism, but is something she needs to look at imo. When she gets off to an early lead there's no stopping her, but when she struggles in the first couple of games it seems all her confidence goes.

What do other people think?

ali
Sep 11th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Oh and another thing (I'm talking to myself here I know but need to put my thoughts down somewhere! ;) ), I've had the feeling since the FO and even more so reading her latest interview that Mary really does believe that she has one more big win inside of her - and if/when it comes she'll stop. :sad:

She's said a few times now that everything happens for a reason and also that she had the feeling a few years ago that she still had something big left to achieve. As we know, she's a very spiritual person. I might be misunderstanding what she means, but it seems to me that she thinks the reason this defeat happened was so she continues playing. She's a compliacted person is our Mary, but this is what I'm getting from her comments.
I'd appreciate other people's views on this. :confused:

MissTennisFan
Sep 11th, 2005, 12:59 PM
I've had the feeling since the FO and even more so reading her latest interview that Mary really does believe that she has one more big win inside of her - and if/when it comes she'll stop. :sad:

Yeah that's definitely the vibe I got... but boy is that something I am not looking forward to! I mean I would definitely want to see her win another major -- as we all would -- but to hang up her rackets... oh please don't do that just yet, I know that I for one would completely lose interest in the WTA!

She's said a few times now that everything happens for a reason and also that she had the feeling a few years ago that she still had something big left to achieve. As we know, she's a very spiritual person. I might be misunderstanding what she means, but it seems to me that she thinks the reason this defeat happened was so she continues playing.

Yeah, that makes sense to me...

Declan
Sep 11th, 2005, 01:11 PM
I have always felt that Mary had three Grand Slam wins in her. If it doesn't turn out so, she's had a FANTASTIC career: two Grand Slam titles, four Slam Finals, Slam titles in Doubles and Mixed, Fed Cup wins, titles on all surfaces and seven year-ends in the Top Ten. But one more Slam triumph would be unbelievable!! I cannot imagine a tennis world without Mary, but I have to say I would be happy for her to retire if she were to win another Major -it would be worth it.

mamno_MARYFAN
Sep 11th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Oh well...I'm a bit sad that Mary lost...:sad:

But really...I'm very happy also to see that Mary has done so well over the past few months....she has done nothing wrong...and most importantly she has showed that hard work eally pays off...other players would have retired long time ago had they been in Mary's place...:angel:

And to top it all...Mary's such a classy player and person...just gives me so much pleasure supporting her throughout all these years...really such a tremendous person...:angel:

WELL DONE MARY....I'M SO PROUD OF YAA!!!!!:angel:

saby
Sep 11th, 2005, 01:25 PM
I'm a bit sad because she didn't win but I'm happy too, i heard she would have probably retired if she had won... I can't think of it now, tenis without Mary :sad:
but i'm stll proud of what she has done

ali
Sep 11th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Well said Declan! :)

She's had an amazing career and should be unbelievably proud of all she's achieved. I hope she won't put too much pressure on herself over the next few months and just enjoys her tennis. Another GS win would just be :worship: , but if it doesn't come, like you said, look at what she's already achieved.

MissTennisFan - glad we both got the same vibe from her comments and it wasn't just me reading too much into it. I hope she still believes in herself and still has the desire. Its been such an intense few months, I hope she can motivate herself to continue playing at this standard.

Ballbasher
Sep 11th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Mary,you´re a great player.Nobody can forget you

cakiteror
Sep 11th, 2005, 02:06 PM
you are all right!
mary has won it all,not literaly,but she has!
i want mary just to win titles,cause she deserves more than 17!
dont get me wrong,but i dont have ninething against tier 3,4 titles!
i believe that there are still places she hasnt visited,places to play tennis!i was happy when i heard she had bankok in mind!
she has won grand slams tier 1ns,2s,she has won it all,she has ninething to lose,she is a champion;but somehow i feel she deserves more than 17!
patty has 10,i believe,and evan smashnova has 9or 10,i dont know,and i know we cant evan compare those titles,but somehow i want mary to have more!
maybe that is selfish of me,but that is what i think!
i believe she is an over 20 highclass titles person!

bigshow21
Sep 11th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Congratulations to Mary even though she didn't win the title! She played her heart out and made it to two grand slam finals this year at the age of 30. That is nothing to frown down upon. Mary is back in the top 10 and is well deserving of it. I am so happy for Mary for having the confidence, working hard, and playing with such passion that draws us fans into the game even more. I've never seen or met anyone as nice, kind, caring, generous, elegant, and classy as Mary Pierce. She truely is a person of heart! Congrats to Mary and good luck to her the rest of the year!! :)

NicoMary
Sep 11th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Mary en finale de l'us open....un de mes rêves vient de se réaliser :worship: :hearts:

Merci MARY:hearts:

Gerri
Sep 11th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Well done Mary for a great tournament and a great year. Two GS finals and a Wimbledon doubles title is a pretty good record :worship:

I listened to the final (couldn't watch it) and loved how she was so sweet to Kim after. Congrats on a great year and for being ever gracious :worship:

Mark Spruce
Sep 13th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Well I am back on line after a week off.

I am sad that Mary did not win. But I am so very proud of her. She has done so amazing this year.

Looking forward to FED CUP this weekend

go mary

Mark

MPStylee
Sep 13th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Whoa! I was so upset that she lost!!!! But like everyone's saying it's still soo rad that she made two grand slam finals!!! MAn I wish she won RG though 'cause Henin didn't need it like Kim! and Kim's way cooler than Justine!
Anyway, talking about Mary's prediction on maybe she still has another big win in her, I agree she always preidicts when she's going to win something or do really well! I remember reading before RG 2000 she was saying that that year she felt different about RG and at RG this year she was like, "Don't count me out!" So who knows?!

Frenchragazzo
Sep 13th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Bravo Mary !!! She will win the Australian Open :)

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Sep 13th, 2005, 05:37 PM
I also want to thank Mary for a great tournament!!! Along the way she kicked some major ass and I became a huge fan. I am really glad that I got to go to the USO and witness Mary in action both in practice and in a real match. I was upset that Mary didn't win, but Kim just out played her. Maybe next year she can win the two finals she lost in this year!!