PDA

View Full Version : Is Lindsay back on track????

kazbeee
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:36 PM
whats going on with Lindsay, we are told she is on the list for Eastborne and then there are people saying she still can't put any wait on her leg - its driving me crazy surely if she isn't fit now she wouldn't enter an event and then risk the back lash of pulling out what do you think.

Annoying people and letting her Fans down just isn't Lindsay's thing.

Whatever is going on in the Davenport camp Im still bouncing for Lindsay :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jan
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:48 PM
Hi Kaz I have just responded on the subject in PM's to you.

I heard a commentator say at the Amelia Island Tournament that Lindsay was not yet weighbearing and would most likely not return until the US Open. Then she commits to Eastbourne, so I am sure I don't know whats going on. Like you say she does not like to let her fans and organisers of Tournaments down.

I think she may have had to commit to the WTA tour whether or not she will be playing and defending her title at Eastbourne. Probably the tournament organisers wanted to know for advertising purposes. I know that the WTA made the commitments different this year in that they had to commit to so many tournaments and then could add on to the list later.

Whatever, Come back soon Lindsay, Please

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I am still bouncing for her too.

Cheers - Jan

Kelly
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:13 PM
all we can do is pray and hope but i think she will be back for eastbourne and wimby.....my freind had knee surgury and he was out for a few weeks...a lot less than 6 months...

maybe we could find a way of getting in touch with some of her 'people' to find out.....or contact the wta??

Nikki
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:25 PM
I too have had similar surgery on my knee & I was only out for a few weeks. I'm sure she will be back for Eastbourne

kazbeee
Apr 22nd, 2002, 03:44 PM
Kelly do you think the WTA would reply I don't think they could be arsed myself, its a shame Lindsay doesn't have an official website that is updated at least monthly to let her fans know whats going on.

Lindsayfan
Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:49 PM
Kaz,u can try to e-mail WTA but i'm not sure they will answer :rolleyes: I e-mailed Lindsay in person many times but she never replied. :mad:

c2
Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:12 PM
Jan --arrrrrrrgh! Say it isn't so... nooo, August is so long to wait...
:sad:
--Cyndy

Jan
Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:48 PM
Cyndy, I agree, August is too too long to wait for Lindsay. I am sure the others must be right and that she will be back for Eastbourne - thats what I am looking to myself. Gosh it seems such an age since she was due to play Serena in the Championships final doesn't it.

GO GO GO LINDSAY
Jan
:cool: :wavey:

jacs
Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:46 PM
you know what, sometimes it still bugs me that lindsay should probably have had that surgery last november.

oh well.

ive got to agree with jan. the eatbourne organisers probably placed this for advertising purposes. it makes more sense somewhat because still alot of people are saying her therapy is going slow.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

beckl
Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:19 PM
Jacs, dont say such things, especially when i have just managed to get tickets for the entire week at eastbourne. PLZ PLZ PLZ PLAY LINDS, PLZ + WIN .
beckl:mad: , but still http://www.smilies.nl/bounce/bounce.gif

shirley
Apr 23rd, 2002, 07:16 PM
Fingers crossed for Eastbourne, 'cause the US Open is so far away and I hope Lindsay is back before then.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mikey
Apr 23rd, 2002, 08:41 PM
grr :mad: :sad: i hope she's back in time for Eastbourne, the sooner the better.

ok, here's the deal. i emailed the sanex wta tour and asked them about her scheduled return, her progress, and any other way of contacting her. im not sure if they'll respond, so this is my thought. if we all send them a letter, they're bound to notice one of them and reply to one if not all of us. if you want to know (or just want to help), please write your own message or use mine (which i have posted below). feel free to copy mine and change it as you want or just send it as is so that they'll be flooded w/ lindsay emails and they'll have to respond (hehe...lol ;)). i didnt sign it w/ anything which is why that's not listed, but if you want to feel free. thanx guys :wavey:

Send To - Advertising@fans.sanexwta.com

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a member of a WTA message board and a group of us are very big Lindsay Davenport fans. We have heard from more than one source that she is scheduled to return at the Eastbourne tournament this year. Other sources have said that she is not going to return until the US Open. If you have any idea about her scheduled return, her progress, or any other information as to how we could contact someone, could you please let me know. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Mikey
Apr 24th, 2002, 02:30 AM
well, i got an automated reply from the guy who responds to the emails and it said that he's in london at the moment but he's still checking his email. i have no idea what this means, i just thought that id keep everyone posted. :wavey:

jacs
Apr 24th, 2002, 03:54 AM
niftymk --- well done :) let's bombard them with emails!!!!!!

Kelly
Apr 24th, 2002, 11:32 AM
i too sent the wta an email but to the webmaster email addy and some one called jim hill replyed. this is what i wrote..

Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 2:18 PM
To: Webmaster@fans.sanexwta.com
Subject: help me please!!!!

OK where do i start...i am a huge lindsay davenport fan and like most of her fans we are going totally out of our minds with her not playing. u see the problem is she has agreed to play at eastbourne in june....BUT...people keep saying on the tv that her leg isnt weight bearing and she wont be back till august!!
i was wondering that with u having contact with the players...well not u personally, but u could find sum1 to help me right? would u be able to find out whether or not she is weight bearing, or going to play eastbourne. it would be alot easyer if she had an official website but she doesnt..so ur my last hope. i am a huge fan of womens tennis and believe it or not lindsay's injury is making me feel really unhappy and crappy. so i am begging u...all at the WTA to help me and let me know what the hell is going on with that damn knee of hers! if nobady there can help me would u be able to give me an email address of someone who can help me..

i hope to hear from u soon....love

kellyXXXX

and this is what he sent me back

Kelly,

Sorry to say, but I don't have any other information to give you. I've sent your e-mail on to Lindsay. If she wants you or anyone else to know what her status is she'll answer.

Jim

he sent my email to lindsay!!!! i hope she replys....if she does i will let u know.....

RayRob
Apr 24th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Great stuff, Kelly - that's excellent news!

I hope you here from her or any of Lindsays "people" :)

-Rachel :)

Nikki
Apr 24th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Thats great news Kelly:)

Lindsayfan
Apr 24th, 2002, 06:16 PM
I think this time Lindsay will reply us!when i've sent her a e-mail she didnt reply,but i guess she didnt do it cause she doesnt know me etc.now it's WTA who is sending to Lindsay Kelly's e-mail so i assume she'll reply!
:bounce:

Mikey
Apr 24th, 2002, 08:15 PM
that's great kelly! glad to hear it :D

i got a response today from the wta people:

"You may want to contact her representatives at IMG in Cleveland. The phone
number is 216-522-1200.

Thanks.

Sanex WTA Tour"

if anyone wants to call, please feel free. i dont have time right now to do it, so id ask you all to try it out, or we can just wait for kelly's email to get responded to. im going out of town for a little bit so i wont be able to check emails and stuff, but hopefully u guys will get the response by the time i get back! thanx :D

~*Alma*~
Apr 24th, 2002, 08:34 PM
I also heard she should be back at Eastborne.
Let's all hope she is.:angel:

Maajken
Apr 24th, 2002, 09:49 PM
great news :bounce:

c2
Apr 25th, 2002, 12:51 AM
EXCELLENT JOB KELLY AND NIFTYMK!! I got this right as I am walking out the door, but I can call IMG tomorrow (I have access to a WATS line.. hee hee!) Hopefully we'll hear something soon!!

--Cyndy

still bouncing for Lindsay ! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mikey
Apr 25th, 2002, 02:34 AM
thanx Cyndy - hope that you get to call and that it was worthwile! :D

ill talk to you guys on sunday night or monday! hope everyone has a great rest of the week and a fantastic weekend! :D

Jan
Apr 25th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Thats just GREAT Kelly and Niftymk. Thank so much.

Cyndy - any news yet re telephone call?

GO GO GO LINDSAY
Jan
:cool: :wavey: :) :kiss:

Mikey
Apr 29th, 2002, 09:24 PM
hey guys :wavey: im back! hope everyone's weekend was good!

did anyone happen to call the number by any chance? just wondering - thanx :D