PDA

View Full Version : Amidst the drama...

Veritas
Sep 10th, 2005, 04:54 AM
...I'm surprised there's been so much comments about Lena being a "bitch" or a "sore loser".

Now, as Lena fans, I think we should counter some of these 2-year olds prone to name-calling by posting some classy Lena quotes to counter them.

Lena:

"Q. In the third set at 1?1, you're on your first serve and she was looking behind her and the serve was in, then she said she wasn't ready. Then you double?faulted. She ended up breaking you there. Is that fair?
ELENA DEMENTIEVA: No, just like I said, that's the way she played. That's the way she wins. I mean, that's kind of player she is. I mean, she's trying to use everything, you know, just to take any advantage of, you know, some little distraction, everything. But I think, you know, she was playing pretty good, pretty solid game today. And, you know, all the thing really didn't affect my game. You know, it was all, you know, all my fault and, you know, I don't think that, you know, she did something, you know, incredible.

Q. Do you think she steps across the line of sportsmanship?
ELENA DEMENTIEVA: No, I really don't think so, you know. Once again, she did everything by rule, you know. If that's the way she play, it's up to her."

*These journalists must be pretty disappointed with Elena's classy answers. Whatever are they going to put in their papers? Surely they can't write about Elena being a fair gal :o *

Yep, Lena sure is a "sore loser" and a "bitch" :lol:

Dementinator
Sep 10th, 2005, 09:18 AM
this is why we love her isnt it! Lena hates Media and god bless her for that ,I really felt the interviewer was quite lucky Lena didnt get him by the throat in the end and crush the life out of him! bet she wanted too!

Paco
Sep 10th, 2005, 09:32 AM
this is why we love her isnt it! Lena hates Media and god bless her for that ,I really felt the interviewer was quite lucky Lena didnt get him by the throat in the end and crush the life out of him! bet she wanted too!
Yeah, it is why we love her

JC Federer
Sep 10th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Oh well, next up is Australia. I think she has good chances there. The surface suits her. She lost a tight one to Patty, otherwise, who knows how far she could have gotten. Hopefully, she'll get through the tight matches and get another crack at a final.

JLDementieva
Sep 10th, 2005, 05:57 PM
I think all of Elena's losses at GS this year, she could have won, I mean it was all a matter of some mistakes, DF's, and *cough* injuries.
Who knows what would've happened if those things didn't happen. I hope she will be able to look back on this year and know that she did have chances in all those matches.

JC Federer
Sep 10th, 2005, 06:36 PM
A chance for revenge in two weeks time... Fed Cup vs france. Pierce and Mauresmo will be on the team. It's gonna be tough, but hopefully Mary's injuries will have healed by then.

michelle11
Sep 10th, 2005, 07:52 PM
yeah the fed cup !
if mary would do something like this with nastya I'm shure she would finish the "treatment" by burying her on the court.
especially in fed cup.

Mathijs
Sep 10th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Indeed time for Lena to crush Mary in the Fed Cup, or better to fake a injury ag. Mary to get her distracted from her game as she did to Lena last night then we are quits (Nope it was just a joke :p, i am fooling around a little, i would be upset if she would revenge Mary in such a way :(, but she won't do it ;))

El Dirko
Sep 10th, 2005, 10:22 PM
She should be a little bit of a sore loser, her whole life is dedicated to tennis and to winning at it - it's not an "Oh well never mind" kind of situation, but she was very professional about her comments and didn't go overboard.

I think Elena handled all the post-match stuff very well.

JoJoCircus
Sep 10th, 2005, 10:31 PM
She handled it very well guys there are people in GM that need to just piss off.
I'm sure she will bounce back, she made a lot of new fans here in the US this weekend myself included.

Veritas
Sep 11th, 2005, 03:30 AM
I'm still :speakles: at how the media acted exactly like vultures, trying to pry out the non-existent inner-bitch in Lena. I'm glad Lena disappointed them. She's not a bitch and tabloid "journalists" should know better than to try and use Lena as their source for trash-talk and cattiness.

I wonder why tennis professionals don't have PR agents present at the press conferences? Surely Lena could afford to have someone with her so she won't have to waste time going through that crap. Press conferences are extremely long, tedious and boring, and the stupid questions don't help alleviate the situation either. Heck, I'm just part of the audience and even those press conferences bore the sh*t out of me...I can only imagine what Lena has to put up with.

Veritas
Sep 11th, 2005, 03:33 AM
She handled it very well guys there are people in GM that need to just piss off.

You mean that insignificant little troll called 'spins'?

These posters are of no importance. All you need to do is to point out the obvious to put them back in their place. I love how they try so damn hard to fabricate Lena's quote and make her look like a catty diva, only for Lena fans to post the ENTIRE interview and show exactly the opposite :lol:

There should be an age-limit for WTAWorld applicants. No one under the age of 12 should be allowed membership without parental supervision :lol:

Pilongo
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:47 PM
That's exactly what i would have answered.
She's so lovely...