PDA

View Full Version : Final Showdown: Mary Pierce vs. Kim Clijsters

Scotso
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Come on Mary, you WILL win this grand slam!

Take it to her, be aggressive... she doesn't have the mentality to win this match, and she won't be able to keep up with you on the court.

ali
Sep 10th, 2005, 01:04 AM
If Mary didn't have this injury hanging over her, I'd feel so much more confident. She can't start the match like she did today, Kim won't give her the errors that Dementieva did. Mary has to go out there and play perfect tennis. Get her first serve % back up, her groundies working and her mind positive.

She can do it, but she has to believe from the first point. You know, I saw her give Kim some tough matches (well, first sets!) in the last couple of years and we all know that Mary is playing at a totally different level these days. She just needs to get a bit nervous (once again she said today she was too calm!), get the blood pumping and get her shots working. Kim can be outhit, she showed that against Davenport at Wimbledon and Peng at the Acura. If Mary keeps her errors down, I think she could complete the dream.

Or is all that just from a delusional fan? Give me your honest opinions guys!!

cakiteror
Sep 10th, 2005, 04:55 AM
yes mary has the gamw against kim!
she needs to power threw kim!
but mary needs to be more focused,hit every line,cause kim is by far better player than dementieva!

MaryPierceFan
Sep 10th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Go girl! You can do it!

Wizzy Maryfan
Sep 10th, 2005, 06:37 AM
yes mary has the gamw against kim!
she needs to power threw kim!
but mary needs to be more focused,hit every line,cause kim is by far better player than dementieva!

I really hope Mary won't try to play the lines ! She doesn't have to try to force her game, she just has to play her own game, hit the ball, be agressive, and be ready to take advantage in the points as soon as possible !

And I hope Kim will make errors, it won't be too much :drool:

Lu_Weird
Sep 10th, 2005, 08:54 AM
GO Mary, Just do your Best, You Can WIN it!!!!!!!!!

Declan
Sep 10th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Like ali says, I'd be so much more confident for Mary if she was fully fit. And Kim Clijsters is about the toughest possible final opponent for Mary. And Kim is in great form.
However - I've followed tennis closely for 30 years now, and there have been countless times where the unexpected happens in Slam finals (Majoli over Hingis at the French in 1997; ASV over Graf at the US Open in 1994; Austin over Navratilova at the US in 1981....) Kim has had her own injury problems, and has already set a tentative retiremement date. She knows her time to win Slams is limited, which must put pressure on her, although she denied this in her interview. She knows she has a dismal record in Slam finals and she knows she can have a tendency to tighten up against big hitters in tight matches. She knows she is the favourite -more pressure. Mary likes playing as the underdog -it's almost been a mantra of hers these past months after wins: 'She has a higher ranking than me, so was expected to win', 'She has a good record against me so was the favourite' etc. Basically I think it's down to Mary and Mary's mind. If she comes out swinging freely with the 'nothing to lose' mentality that she's had for the past few months, confident that the injury can last unhindered one more match, an upset could be on the cards.
Of course I won't be watching -it would kill me! I shall go to bed and probably wake up about 3 or 4 AM and switch on the TV for the result. Lets hope I'll be dancing around the room in delight, no doubt startling the cat!!!

ashwu
Sep 10th, 2005, 09:16 AM
come on mary!
just play your game, you'll be fine~

pierce_fanatic
Sep 10th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Good Luck Mary ! It'll be a tough match, but if Mary's injuries dont play up too much, then i'd like to see Mary take this match in 3 sets.

For me, Mary's serve will make her or break her and if Mary plays a first set like she did yesterday, she might be in a little bit of trouble . . . so lets hope she can keep her 1st serve percentage up near the 70% mark (like in the Mauresmo match).

i know you can do it Mary ! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Andy.
Sep 10th, 2005, 10:37 AM
This is goinjg to be huge. Mary has to be 1000% and really hitting winners from everywhere and suffercating KIm in her play. Mary will have to keep the points short and fight. From her Semi final win i think Mary has a great chance. Good luck Mary. Just remenber "every 5 years"

saby
Sep 10th, 2005, 10:57 AM
The one who will win the tilttle will be the less nervous, they both have same problem with the mental, Mary did work a lot with it so let's see if David helped her enough...I hope Mary will be strapped that time, she can't play without it for the 3rd times... Mary !!!!

stenen
Sep 10th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Hey there's a cheering thread for Mary in the US Open thread. Let's make ourselves heard even there!
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=192063

mamno_MARYFAN
Sep 10th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Emm..yeah this is going to be a huge match for both Mary and Kim...but I bet Kim is going to have more pressure...its a huge occasion for her to get that 1st elusive title and the huge prize money as well...I hope Mary will take advantage over this and play her game rite from the start...

Mary needs to be really focused tonite...and attack from the start...no hesitation....:bounce:

Come on Mary...make urs and our dreams come true...:angel:

Go Mary...good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Pierce4ever
Sep 10th, 2005, 07:43 PM
goooooooooo Mary win here

MPStylee
Sep 10th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Come On Mary!!! YOu can do it!!! Rock ON!!! Good Luck!!! Do it!!!!!!

saby
Sep 10th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Eurospost did a little mistake in one of their article and I really hope it's a sign for tonight final... they wrote that Kim already lost 5 GS Final ;)

1995 - 2000 - 2005 - Mary...

pierce0415
Sep 10th, 2005, 11:08 PM
GO MAAAAARY
be aggressive

ali
Sep 10th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Have had a sudden wave of confidence, I really think she can do it!! She's just got to keep her mind off the injury and go for it. If Peng can beat Clijsters, Mary can!

Apparently Mary is getting really bad press in the States. I hope the crowd don't turn against her :awww:

aimee20
Sep 11th, 2005, 12:04 AM
where is everybody??
I'm so exciting now :drink: :explode:

atoutix
Sep 11th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Mary has lost ,i m so so sad .... :sad:

i hope she will forget quickly and go on her fabolous season !!!!

Come on Mary ,you are our number one !!!! :worship: :worship: