PDA

View Full Version : David pierce's interview

isaboulou
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Il y a une interview vidéo de David sur www.eurosport.fr. Mais c'est en français.

cakiteror
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:19 PM
translation,please!

sebbe
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:21 PM
That is so typical, even though I've studies french for 5 years I totally suck on it. And the problem is that I'm going to Montpellier tomorrow and yeah, I really don't know how do communicate;)

*Marat BigFan*
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:36 PM
David is Mary older or younger brother?

Wizzy Maryfan
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:50 PM
i'll try :

"I think that she's playing well, but not yet her best tennis ... She has again better in her"

Q - How do u feel Mary ?
As trong as she was in 2000 or 1995 ... She's moving better, she has more velocity, more experience, more mental abilities, she hits very hard, i think she's well.

Q - What have changed Mary, who's now on fire ?
D - A lot of very hard work, her all-life experience and her faith in God.

- something not interesting at all, then :

Q - Tell us about Nick Bollitierri ...
D - He gives us boys to hit the ball with Mary, a place to train. He comes sometimes to tell us advice, he's a tennis coach since 30 years, he sees evrything, he knows everything.

Q - Your work with Mary is a 'coach-coach" one or a "brother-coach" one ?
D - It's coach coach and brother coach ... We speak as coach coach before the match, and as brother and sister. There are the two sides which make her be calmier, and happier. She knows i'm there only for her, i'm not here because she pays me.

Q - What have u done with her, what are your responsabilities in her comeback ?
D - I helped her to find her "voice", her way ... how to say ? ...
For her mental, I said her to stay calm, to be more confident ... sometimes when she felt the pressure, she broke down ... she so i helped her to stay strong.
About her tennis, nothing to really change, we just worked so much.

Q - Another Question, during the changeovers, Mary usually uses ice all over her body, it's quite strange, it's unusual ... Why ?
D - It's just to avoid a "???" (he says the word in American but i don't understand it) ! It's to avoid to be "too hot" ^^

Q - Mary is on fire, is she happier now ?
D - No, she's happier since a while, it's not to win matches that have changed her spirit and made her to be happy. it's something since one year which has evoluated and, that's all.

Gosh sorry, it was very difficult, hope Saby or somebody better than i'm will be able to make a better translation ! I gave everything i can :lol:

MissTennisFan
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:55 PM
David is Mary older or younger brother?

I believe Mary is 18 months older...

DomenicDemaria
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:03 AM
i'll try :

"I think that she's playing well, but not yet her best tennis ... She has again better in her"

Q - How do u feel Mary ?
As trong as she was in 2000 or 1995 ... She's moving better, she has more velocity, more experience, more mental abilities, she hits very hard, i think she's well.

Q - What have changed Mary, who's now on fire ?
D - A lot of very hard work, her all-life experience and her faith in God.

- something not interesting at all, then :

Q - Tell us about Nick Bollitierri ...
D - He gives us boys to hit the ball with Mary, a place to train. He comes sometimes to tell us advice, he's a tennis coach since 30 years, he sees evrything, he knows everything.

Q - Your work with Mary is a 'coach-coach" one or a "brother-coach" one ?
D - It's coach coach and brother coach ... We speak as coach coach before the match, and as brother and sister. There are the two sides which make her be calmier, and happier. She knows i'm there only for her, i'm not here because she pays me.

Q - What have u done with her, what are your responsabilities in her comeback ?
D - I helped her to find her "voice", her way ... how to say ? ...
For her mental, I said her to stay calm, to be more confident ... sometimes when she felt the pressure, she broke down ... she so i helped her to stay strong.
About her tennis, nothing to really change, we just worked so much.

Q - Another Question, during the changeovers, Mary usually uses ice all over her body, it's quite strange, it's unusual ... Why ?
D - It's just to avoid a "???" (he says the word in American but i don't understand it) ! It's to avoid to be "too hot" ^^

Q - Mary is on fire, is she happier now ?
D - No, she's happier since a while, it's not to win matches that have changed her spirit and made her to be happy. it's something since one year which has evoluated and, that's all.

Gosh sorry, it was very difficult, hope Saby or somebody better than i'm will be able to make a better translation ! I gave everything i can :lol:

Thanks. Go Mary! i am so happy

Scotso
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:39 AM
So he speaks fluent French?

Lu_Weird
Sep 10th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Thank You Wizzy...that is good!

cakiteror
Sep 10th, 2005, 04:43 AM
wizzy thans!

Wizzy Maryfan
Sep 10th, 2005, 07:04 AM
So he speaks fluent French?

He has a very good French i think ! And i can say that he speaks French a lot better than the "interviewer" ! :lol:
Sometimes David was "Hmm, i don't understand ..." ! It's clearly because the other was inventing words, and no one could have understood him !

saby
Sep 10th, 2005, 08:36 AM
I believe Mary is 18 months older...

I believe too, but 2 times on tv they said Mary was younger, anyways some journalists said stupid stuffs before ...LOL

This interview was kind of funny, a spanish journalist trying to speak french and David trying to answer to some questions which he didn't understand.
I amaze by David, he doesn't have any accent, he just has a problem with feminin and masculin words (like Mary) LOL

rsunderji
Sep 10th, 2005, 03:22 PM
thanks very much for that...wow so excited for tonight

MissTennisFan
Sep 10th, 2005, 03:47 PM
I believe too, but 2 times on tv they said Mary was younger, anyways some journalists said stupid stuffs before ...LOL

This interview was kind of funny, a spanish journalist trying to speak french and David trying to answer to some questions which he didn't understand.
I amaze by David, he doesn't have any accent, he just has a problem with feminin and masculin words (like Mary) LOL

I know -- isn't his French just amazing?? Although, yes, he does tend to get a little confused when it comes to masculine and feminine words... much more so than Mary I would say. Still it's a pleasure to hear them both speak...

Entre parenthèses, je voulais aussi dire que j'aimais bien la barbe de quelques jours :D

Scotso
Sep 10th, 2005, 06:00 PM
David :hearts:

I want to marry him.

atoutix
Sep 12th, 2005, 12:57 PM

lol sure even if i m french ,sometimes it was hard to me to understand the journalist lol but david speaks very well ;)

pierce_fanatic
Sep 12th, 2005, 01:29 PM
David :hearts:

I want to marry him.

oh, me too, he's just so . . . . HOT :drool: