PDA

View Full Version : Mary vs Elena 3.6 6.2 6.2

saby
Sep 9th, 2005, 07:51 PM
oh my god that is all i can say

you are amazing Mary

CathyC!
Sep 9th, 2005, 07:55 PM
woohoo! it's 4am here and what good news! :) :) we love you Maryyyyyyyyyyyyy (as many chanted) :) :hug:

Wizzy Maryfan
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:02 PM
DONT FORGET TO POST A MESS WITH "Mary" there :
http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=191918

bigshow21
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Woohoo!!! Congratulations Mary!!! This is so awesome. Good luck tomorrow!! :woohoo: :bounce: :banana: :yeah:

pierce_fanatic
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:06 PM
arghhhhhhhh this is amazing

to be honest i thought she was gone after she lost the first set and then had the trainer come out but to Mary's credit, she came back and blew Elena away !

I'm so proud to be a Mary Pierce fan right now, who would have thought at the start of the year that Mary would have made 2 grand slam finals !

World Number 6, sounds great, doesnt it :p

Declan
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Bloody Hell!! I wasn't watching (couldn't bear to!) but I kept switching on the TV for the result that took so long in coming. What's the deal about Mary's injury? How good was she? GREAT WIN!!!

cakiteror
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:09 PM
omg!!!
guys,i thought i was going to die!!!
when i saw mary was injured,i only thought about her not playing!not an another injury!!!but when i saw her moving better i knew she was going to win!in my opinion this is marys worst match so far,BUT SHE HAS WON IT!
that will give her confidence,she has proven that she is one of the greatest ever!
i was sad,cause she didnt have fun today,at least not in the first set!
i know if she has fun and if she stays healthy she will win it!
but i want her to be healthy, i want her to play many more years,so she should relax and not think about winning!

cakiteror
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:12 PM
oh,our MARY IS THE FIRST FRENCH WOMAN IN THE US FINAL!

rsunderji
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:21 PM
My goodness this is too crazy too crazy Mary Pierce has shown such heart and courage and it's just so great to see her at this level right now...congratulations you fighter! Allez Mary! You are the best.

Rahim

pierce_fanatic
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Bloody Hell!! I wasn't watching (couldn't bear to!) but I kept switching on the TV for the result that took so long in coming. What's the deal about Mary's injury? How good was she? GREAT WIN!!!
Mary took a medical timeout after the first set and it was for her right thigh in which the doctor (?) rubbed it with something and then straped it and then she took a second medical timeout (straight after the first one) for her back, in which she recieved some massaging.

Hopefully she can get them both looked out and dealt with before tomorrows final !

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

sebbe
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Congratulations Mary!!

I have to admit that I almost gave up this match after the first set and when it was obvious that Mary had some kind of an injury. But thank god it turned out that it maybe wasn't that bad. Mary really stepped up when she had to in the crusial moments and in the end of the third set Mary got back to the level that she had been playing at in against Justine and Amelie.

What is the best part is that Mary can raise her level a few more steps if she has her nerves under control.

Good fucking luck Mary in the final.....

ali
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Mary was in one of her worrying moods in the first set. She wasn't moving, looked almost resigned to losing, wasn't pumping her fist or smiling like she usually does. I thought it was all over.

When she took the injury timeout I thought she might, just might, be helped in that it could relax her mind and she could just go for her shots. That's what happened and she was awesome - she out hit and out rallied the amazing Dementieva.

Start of the third set won her the match. She stook in there and went for it. I'm so proud of her, just can't believe what's happened.

People are calling her a cheat, saying she faked the injury, but we all know she would never do that. I'm not going to let it take the shine off her amazing march to the final.

Declan
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Two questions:
1. Should we be concerned about the effect of the injury on tomorrow's Final?
2. How was Dementieva afterwards -our Teletext says she wasn't happy about the timeout, but on the General Tennis forum I read it's something she does from time to time herself!

cakiteror
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:01 PM
general tennis forum sucks!
its loaded with angry people,they dont care who wins or loses,they just want to spit on somebody,today it was mary!
i dont have the strenght to fight them,cause they are not resonable!

sebbe
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Mary is now 6-0 in grand slam semifinals:D

And you know what, Mary always loose one grand slam final before she win the next one. So this time she should win it!!!

Declan
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:21 PM
I've just read Dementieva's interview on the uS Open website -it's awful. Nearly EVERY question is about Mary's injury time-out, and the questions are REALLY loaded- they're trying to goad her into slagging off Mary. To her credit she didn't really, but it all leaves a nasty taste, and has taken the shine off a spectacular day for Mary.

sebbe
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Buöhh I won't be able to see the final tomorrow because I'm in france and my sister hasn't got a tv yet. I'm forced to fallow the match on the net, that is sooo anoying.

You must give me a full report of the match later, ok?

ali
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:50 PM
general tennis forum sucks!
its loaded with angry people,they dont care who wins or loses,they just want to spit on somebody,today it was mary!
i dont have the strenght to fight them,cause they are not resonable!
I'm going to follow your lead on this one. There's just no point, I only wish the whole thing wasn't being used to take the shine off the win. Have you seen Dementieva's press conference? Every question is about the injury and how much time she takes between points. :fiery:

ali
Sep 9th, 2005, 10:02 PM
I've just read Dementieva's interview on the uS Open website -it's awful. Nearly EVERY question is about Mary's injury time-out, and the questions are REALLY loaded- they're trying to goad her into slagging off Mary. To her credit she didn't really, but it all leaves a nasty taste, and has taken the shine off a spectacular day for Mary.
Think we must have been typing at the same time. I know, I'm so upset about it all. I hope Mary isn't given a hard time in her interview but I think she will be.

I feel sick.

But she WON! :) Got to keep reminding myself of that!

MissTennisFan
Sep 9th, 2005, 10:05 PM

Wow I actually just came here to ask what everyone else thought of the interview, they just pretty much came right out and accused Mary of faking an injury when it was clearly giving her a hard time in the quarters too... what do these people have against Mary?!

MissTennisFan
Sep 9th, 2005, 10:07 PM
I hope Mary isn't given a hard time in her interview but I think she will be.

Yeah I'm a little worried about that too, and what's taking them so long to put it up anyway?!

ali
Sep 9th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Wow I actually just came here to ask what everyone else thought of the interview, they just pretty much came right out and accused Mary of faking an injury when it was clearly giving her a hard time in the quarters too... what do these people have against Mary?!
Its horrible. A really sad way for Mary to be "congratulated" for getting to the final. I hope she won't let it get to her.

The Sky Sports lot have been slating Mary. Chris Bailey presents the show (he who said during the FO final that "I have to admit I don't like Pierce"), so of course they're having a field day slagging her off. One of the studio "experts" just said that Mary doesn't have the class or ability of Kim or Maria and her "antics" in the match were a disgrace. He's the disgrace. I'm so mad, why does controversy follow Mary around? First the time between points before the FO final and now this. Grrr.....:mad:

MissTennisFan
Sep 9th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Its horrible. A really sad way for Mary to be "congratulated" for getting to the final. I hope she won't let it get to her.

The Sky Sports lot have been slating Mary. Chris Bailey presents the show (he who said during the FO final that "I have to admit I don't like Pierce"), so of course they're having a field day slagging her off. One of the studio "experts" just said that Mary doesn't have the class or ability of Kim or Maria and her "antics" in the match were a disgrace. He's the disgrace. I'm so mad, why does controversy follow Mary around? First the time between points before the FO final and now this. Grrr.....:mad:

:eek: :sad:

ali
Sep 9th, 2005, 10:57 PM
I know MissTennisFan :sad:

Its taken the shine off the win for me.

Declan
Sep 9th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I'm not going to go into the General Forum until after the final -and not even then if Mary hasn't won! SO many really nasty and unfair remarks about Mary. Mary's career was all but terminated a few years ago because of a back problem, so of course she's going to be cautious with anything amiss in that area-and she withdrew from both her previous tournaments prior to the Open because of the thigh strain, so THAT'S genuine too. But reading the vitriolic posts in General you'd think she was the worst sport and the best actress ever. It's really sickening.

And don't even get me started on that C*NT Chris Bailey....

motta
Sep 9th, 2005, 11:41 PM
We all know the true and I don't care about this coments...Here in Brazil all journalists are saying good things about Mary!!! Mary is the best!

shannonannafan
Sep 9th, 2005, 11:41 PM
GOOD JOB MARY & GOOD LUCK tommorrow!!!
Sucks what happened today though. I'm a huge fan of both girls. You could tell in the first game her back was bothering her.

stenen
Sep 9th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Mary! You're the best! Good luck against Kim! Take the title, you can do it!

stenen
Sep 9th, 2005, 11:44 PM
GOOD JOB MARY & GOOD LUCK tommorrow!!!
Sucks what happened today though. I'm a huge fan of both girls. You could tell in the first game her back was bothering her.

Me too and it's unbelieveable that some people in GM are so blind that they didn't see it. :rolleyes:

atoutix
Sep 9th, 2005, 11:44 PM
:worship: WONDERFUL :worship: MARY WE :hearts: LOVE :hearts: YOU

DomenicDemaria
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Mary!!! I am so excited. Kim gonna be tough. But yet again we thought Henin and Mauresmo would be tough!!!
I started panicking during the injury time out.
I'm really pissed at everyones reation to her injury timeout. Bloody media :fiery:

Robyn
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:04 AM
The US press and the US TV announcers said Mary stole the win by faking an injury. If that's true, Mary should be honored as one of the best psych-out artist in all of sports because she beat Dementiev 6-2, 6-2. Dementiev in her post match interview said that she was dominating Mary and that the only reason she lost was the fake injury. Strange isn't it that something going on inside Mary's head can cause Dementiev to miss hit, be out of position, be late, and double fault. The power of Mary brain is awesome. Or it could be that Dementiev is just a little girl who has not yet learned to accept the responsibility for her own loss.

ali
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:11 AM
I complained to the BBC after the French Open final (sad but true) becasue his comments were so damn unprofessional but of course heard nothing back. You know what would really piss him off? Mary winning tomorrow! So just another added bonus if she pulls it off! ;)

Its like he's been waiting all fortnight for a bit of controversy so he can slag her off and encourage the others to do the same.

Robyn - to be fair to Dementieva, I think her quotes were taken out of context. If you read the full interview you'll see she was baited into negative comments by the questions asked and actually took full responsibility for the loss.

Where the hell's Mary's interview?:confused:

Robyn
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:13 AM
The US press and the US TV announcers said Mary stole the win by faking an injury. If that's true, Mary should be honored as one of the best psych-out artist in all of sports because she beat Dementiev 6-2, 6-2. Dementiev in her post match interview said that she was dominating Mary and that the only reason she lost was the fake injury. Strange isn't it that something going on inside Mary's head can cause Dementiev to miss hit, be out of position, be late, and double fault. The power of Mary brain is awesome. Or it could be that Dementiev is just a little girl who has not yet learned to accept the responsibility for her own loss.

Scotso
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Allez Mary! :D

JMC
Sep 10th, 2005, 01:04 AM
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: she did it :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: reach the second final gc this year :rolleyes:

MARY IS SIMPLY THE BEST :angel:

What an incredible moovie since few months....What ever happens tomorrow the next N° 6 world ranking showed evrybody that she is a very very big Champion.At 30 it is more than fantastic :p

COME ON GIRL GOOD LUCK FOR THE FINALE NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO BE VERY VERY VERY AGRESSIVE AND FOCUSED WITH KIM.

She seems so invincible from the begining of the US campaign season :devil: see on the circuit for the moment there is Kim.... and the other girls so it will be very hard but who knows YOU CAN DO IT :devil: :devil: :devil:

Nyangel2103
Sep 10th, 2005, 02:59 AM
All those people who are saying bad things about Mary can just kiss my a**. All this talk about the injury timeout is the real disgrace. I mean Mary was playing by the rule so Elena should just stop crying. If any of these loud mouths actually watched the match they would have seen that Mary was stretching her back the whole first set. And I know from experience that a little taping can really help a tweak to the point where you can play through it like Mary did.

Furthermore, It's absolutly rediculous to think that a 12min break between sets would make some ome lose a match. I mean it happened at the end of a set and not in between games. Elena just didn't have it in her mentally and that's what its about. There are breaks in almost any professional sport and the true champions can regroup and move on. Elena just didn't have the goods to deliver in the match against Mary and I'm really disappointed that she is attributing the loss to that injury time-out (she said "If that's the only way she can beat me, I mean, it's up to her."). I mean she had two more sets and in the third set when the match was level it was a whole new game.

Mary showed heart and determination and she deserves to be in the final without this nonsense hanging over her head. It just makes me mad that instead of congratulating her on accomplishing this people are calling her a cheat....

Lu_Weird
Sep 10th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Just Win....nothing about some stupid commentary...some chinese moderator say sth nasty about Mary won the match! But then? Mary just Win..that's noble Mary. they small people just jealous jealous stupid...

MaryPierceFan
Sep 10th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Unbelievable match! I was really worried after 1st set. But Mary is a wonderful fighter! She never gives up! She is great! I'm so happy and proud of her. Go girl! You can do it!

Ballbasher
Sep 10th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Mary,you can do it

Wizzy Maryfan
Sep 10th, 2005, 07:26 AM
You know, it was obvious for me that Mary was injured !
I didn't wait the kine to know that Mary was having a problem, she was moving so bad, it was a day off clearly !
So i wasn't surprised at all when she called for an injury time !

Har thigh was injured, and her back, i think because of the stress she was unable to move well, so the kine helped her to be more relax ...
When she came back, it's not Dementieva who was playing a bad tennis, she was playing the same all over the match, except in the middle of the third, when she was making so much stupid errors !
The real difference was that Mary was playing a lot better, just moving well, as she moved against Justine or Amélie.
I think it's stupid to imagine that, after having beaten Henin and Mauresmo in 4 straight sets, Mary was forced to cheat to beat ... Elena Dementieva, who is BY FAR a weaker player than Justine or Amélie !
Mary was just the best, clearly, and if Dementieva took a set to the French Champion, it's only because of Mary's back !

So no matter, and what journalists say is not the most important !
Mary showed on court that she was injured, playing a bad match during the first set, doing what she can in the second, and being at her best at the end, in the third !

And, everyone is talking about that, you know, but all will be forgotten one day ! jouranlists forgave Hingis' reaction in the French Open final so, no matter !
The only thing that counts, that makes history, is not that Mary hasd a 12-minute time out against Elena ! It's the result which is important !

Who remembers Coria was "dopping" ? Who keeps talking about Leo Clijsters who accused Henin to be doped ?
And that's more important than an injury time ... Just hope Mary will stay focus on her own game and don't think too much about the American journalists, who are so stupid :eek:

MPStylee
Sep 10th, 2005, 07:43 AM
What wankers! Man, they wanted her to be able to play didn't they instead of retire!! She was just trying to be safe!!! anyway, Dementieva changes her dress after every set which is totally fine but is it necessary? That gives her time to regroup!

ashwu
Sep 10th, 2005, 09:07 AM
i'm getting use to it you know :)
and i don't care about them that much now.

well done mary! the last two sets were great!

GoSandrine
Sep 10th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Congrats Mary and fans :wavey:

Terrific stuff :yeah: and #6 in rankings! :eek:

MissTennisFan
Sep 10th, 2005, 10:01 AM
I know MissTennisFan :sad:

Its taken the shine off the win for me.

I'm not going to go into the General Forum until after the final -and not even then if Mary hasn't won! SO many really nasty and unfair remarks about Mary. Mary's career was all but terminated a few years ago because of a back problem, so of course she's going to be cautious with anything amiss in that area-and she withdrew from both her previous tournaments prior to the Open because of the thigh strain, so THAT'S genuine too. But reading the vitriolic posts in General you'd think she was the worst sport and the best actress ever. It's really sickening.

Yeah and what's up with not posting Mary's interview anyway??

In any case, on the French Eurosport site, there is a transcript of another interview, and Mary is asked at one point if she's disappointed by Elena's comments following the match, and she answered that basically Elena can think whatever she wants but that the chair ump told her that was perfectly legal. She also said that she'd been playing professionally for 17 years and she didn't need to resort to such tactics to win a match...

MissTennisFan
Sep 10th, 2005, 10:02 AM
#6 in rankings! :eek:

Great news, thank you so much! :wavey:

Declan
Sep 10th, 2005, 10:23 AM

In any case, on the French Eurosport site, there is a transcript of another interview, and Mary is asked at one point if she's disappointed by Elena's comments following the match, and she answered that basically Elena can think whatever she wants but that the chair ump told her that was perfectly legal. She also said that she'd been playing professionally for 17 years and she didn't need to resort to such tactics to win a match...

Exactly. No-one has been able to suggest a single other incident in which Mary pulled a stunt to win a match, and after 17 years on tour you'd think they could come up with SOMETHING! Far from it, Mary has always been known for her sportsmanship and fair play, hence her popularity with the other players.

Lu_Weird
Sep 10th, 2005, 10:33 AM
They just jealous because Mary win, and they never achieve Marys'. Go Mary, I always support you!!! You deserve the champion! Here's a news said:" when Pierce lost the first set, and she become her performance(try to perform injury and get recover). She is a good actor." Ok, Ok, it's first time I want to curse, fuck that! Can you perform then? Even give you a naked show to perform you even can't get into the qulified draw of US OPEN!!! Mary almost 31 year old, of couse she have many injury. How many girls can still keep play better tennis when 30 year old??? I don't care some nasty reports said about Mary, Mary just win! That's true!

Andy.
Sep 10th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Mary played so well she really took control in the last 2 sets. her shot making her serving and movement were all awesome. Good luck in the final Mary

MaryPierceFan
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:25 PM

Well said!

cakiteror
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:57 PM
i never saw mary faking an injuri,so why should she now!
excusses ,excusses,mary was,and is a better player than elena will ever be,and i evan like elana,so i am being objective!
screw the journalist and crazy dementieva fans!
we have never justified marys loss!

rsunderji
Sep 10th, 2005, 03:26 PM
You know, it was obvious for me that Mary was injured !
I didn't wait the kine to know that Mary was having a problem, she was moving so bad, it was a day off clearly !
So i wasn't surprised at all when she called for an injury time !

Har thigh was injured, and her back, i think because of the stress she was unable to move well, so the kine helped her to be more relax ...
When she came back, it's not Dementieva who was playing a bad tennis, she was playing the same all over the match, except in the middle of the third, when she was making so much stupid errors !
The real difference was that Mary was playing a lot better, just moving well, as she moved against Justine or Amélie.
I think it's stupid to imagine that, after having beaten Henin and Mauresmo in 4 straight sets, Mary was forced to cheat to beat ... Elena Dementieva, who is BY FAR a weaker player than Justine or Amélie !
Mary was just the best, clearly, and if Dementieva took a set to the French Champion, it's only because of Mary's back !

So no matter, and what journalists say is not the most important !
Mary showed on court that she was injured, playing a bad match during the first set, doing what she can in the second, and being at her best at the end, in the third !

And, everyone is talking about that, you know, but all will be forgotten one day ! jouranlists forgave Hingis' reaction in the French Open final so, no matter !
The only thing that counts, that makes history, is not that Mary hasd a 12-minute time out against Elena ! It's the result which is important !

Who remembers Coria was "dopping" ? Who keeps talking about Leo Clijsters who accused Henin to be doped ?
And that's more important than an injury time ... Just hope Mary will stay focus on her own game and don't think too much about the American journalists, who are so stupid :eek:

well said...Mary is too classy to resort to cheating, especially against the likes of Elena Dementie whatever her name is

rsunderji
Sep 10th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I'm going to follow your lead on this one. There's just no point, I only wish the whole thing wasn't being used to take the shine off the win. Have you seen Dementieva's press conference? Every question is about the injury and how much time she takes between points. :fiery:

I've tried to post a few messages I can't stand those losers saying all that shit about Mary seriously where have they been? they; are acting as though it's the first time mary has ever fixed her hair or blown on her fingers, really just trying to overshadow her great play

matyika
Sep 11th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Medical Timeout ??? 13 min.? Because of what ? She had nothing there to be "treated" but just "kill" the opponent ! And the service "timeouts ? Before each service ? "Beauty-care" everytime ? Is there any beauty at all to care for ? The whole lot was the dirtiest action on tennis - place ever seen before !

matyika
Sep 11th, 2005, 07:13 AM
That was simply "psycho-tennis" with simulated "injury" but without to play tennis !
Including the "beauty-care" before each service. If I were Dementieva I would hit the racquet to the ground and leave the court. It is terrible to see dishonest simulants and "time-traitors" on big meetings !

DomenicDemaria
Sep 11th, 2005, 07:25 AM
That was simply "psycho-tennis" with simulated "injury" but without to play tennis !
Including the "beauty-care" before each service. If I were Dementieva I would hit the racquet to the ground and leave the court. It is terrible to see dishonest simulants and "time-traitors" on big meetings !

Just fuck off. We don't want to hear your shit in Mary's forum. We have seen fucking enough in general messages we don't need you fuckin jealous fuckers ruining Mary's forum. She is 30, she has injuries. 12 minutes is a long time but as she said she needed it to win the match.

lizzymarie
Sep 11th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Medical Timeout ??? 13 min.? Because of what ? She had nothing there to be "treated" but just "kill" the opponent ! And the service "timeouts ? Before each service ? "Beauty-care" everytime ? Is there any beauty at all to care for ? The whole lot was the dirtiest action on tennis - place ever seen before !

you don't belong here... and whatever you said that wud never ever stop us in loving Mary...we are her fans forever

Declan
Sep 11th, 2005, 03:06 PM

You are not welcome in here. Mary had a well-documented injury that blighted her summer, and everything that happened on court on Friday was legitimate. I notice you say nothing about Dementieva's regular and well-timed 'bathroom' breaks and 'change my outfit' breaks....

Oh, and your English and punctuation are appalling.

saby
Sep 11th, 2005, 05:02 PM
You know what guys, I think Kim answered during her speech, to all those people who dislike Mary on this board.

I have nothing else to say